Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(HS) Sisters in Arms

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) Sisters in Arms
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2012 21:18:36   
Arachnid

Sisters in Arms

The discussion thread is here. This story contains violence, and is rated PG-13 with some intense scenes. Reader discretion is advised.

Prologue

. . "GET DOWN!" the soldier yelled. Gunfire peppered the ground as I dove to the foxhole, pulling my sniper with me. I landed in the dry, warm dirt, face first, the oil getting in my eyes. I dragged myself up off the ground, as the soldier returned fire to the enemy. I rested my rifle on the side of the foxhole while I caught my breath, and looked over my left, panting, and saw the soldier. She had long black hair, with pale white skin. Her lips were blood red, about the same color as her glistening red eyes. She had a daring look in her eye, as if challenging any soldier to return fire.
. . I grabbed my sniper, gripping it firmly, and turned to fire at the enemy. I looked into the scope, noting my neon colored sight markers. 100 yards, 500 yards, one mile. Strange measurements, but they were perfect for my vision in the enclosed night battlefield. I saw an enemy German soldier pop their head out...

BANG!

. . Blood spattered over a few of his allies, as the bullet pierced his skull. But three more soldiers took the soldiers place. I reloaded the rifle, bolt action, of course, and looked through the scope again. I saw the number of enemy soldiers, a few hundred thousand, at the very least. I put the rifle down and looked to my left and right, calculating in my mind. We were outnumbered hugely, nearly 500 to almost 300 thousand. The odds were hugely against us...If our army didn't have us. I looked to the soldier on my left. She was splattered with dirt on her face, and she looked irritated. I saw why. She had run out of ammo. She looked into my eyes, as if searching me for an answer.

. . "Are you ready?!" She asked me fiercely. I nodded. It was an excellent plan, on my part. She would do what she did best, being a vampire. The bullets would bounce off her skin, easily. Their guns weren't powerful enough...Unless there was a sniper, which I didn't notice. I myself would do what I did best, which, honestly, I wasn't sure how to do. It just happened. "Let's go then!" She exclaimed. We hopped over the foxhole, her fangs growing quickly, and myself being covered in a red aura. She stood still as bullets bounced off of the both of us.

. . "I AM ZAFARA, THE ARACHNOQUEEN! And I will kill you ALL!" She yelled, and charged straight towards the enemy fingers stretched out like claws, and running at a blinding speed. I preferred the more subtle way, a massive fiery explosion. Blue fire spun around me as if I was in my own personal fiery whirlpool, and I ran to the enemy. Their faces...Faces of sheer terror, as they realized that they would all die that day. Zafara jumped, and landed directly on an enemy solider, who was running away. She flattened him onto his stomach, and proceeded to drink his blood. Her eyes began to glow red. Now the party truly began.

. . I watched rip her hand into an enemies chest, destroying their insides, and grabbing another by their leg, and throwing him into another. I myself followed those who tried to escape, far enough to make a good shot. I ran ofter one particular soldier, who happened to have an rpg. I held my hand out as a bright flash appeared. After the light receded not half a second later, a beautiful white bow was in my hands. Still running, I nocked an arrow (always helpful to keep in one's pocket, collapsable of course. New tech.) and pulled back. The soldier stopped running, and turned around to aim his rpg at me, a smug look on his face. I carefully watched his finger...Now! I fired the arrow straight into the rocket the instant before he fired it, exploding him and the weapon in a massive inferno.

. . I turned around, panting, to see how many soldiers were left. None. The dark brown dirt was covered with blood, with Zafara standing in the puddles, panting with a look in her eyes like a mad dog. She began to walk toward me smiling, and I did the same. She held her hand up for a high five, when...

BANG!

. . The sniper bullet pierced her stomach, and blood poured out of it. She fell to her knees screaming, while I could only stand, aghast. She looked at me, pleading for help as she collapsed in the blood of the fallen enemy soldiers. I turned towards the source of the sound. I saw a man with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing an officers cap, holding a sniper rifle that I had never seen before. Before he could even reload, I was upon him, hundreds of yards covered in milliseconds. I grabbed him by the neck, and pulled him up. He started to make strangled noises, kicking his feet as I lifted him higher. His eyes met mine, and I saw my reflection in his terrified eyes. My eyes were balls of fire, my skin ablaze. I had giant black bat wings sprouting from my back, nearly as big as myself. I looked away. I was a monster...But this man was going to pay for his crimes. I dropped him onto the wet ground. He began to cough and writhe on the ground.

. . I began to thing horrible thoughts. Terrible punishments in the underworld. The earth burning, people dying slowly from horrible poisons, children tortured and murdered. I looked at the man, just a brief glance, and he burst into fire. One moment later, there was nothing but ash. I frowned, and my aura and wings disappeared. I was a monster. I hated killing people like that...But he shot my sister...Zafara! I turned around and ran back to her, her motionless body in puddles of blood. I brushed her hair over her ear. "You silly bat..." I said tenderly, gently lifting her up. I slowly walked to our allies, who looked just as frightened as the enemy. I hopped into the foxhole, looking at all of the soldiers who were staring at me, as if I would kill them as I did the enemy. "Well?!" I shouted to the nearest soldier, "We need a medic here! My sister needs a medic!"

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 9/22/2012 18:51:16 >
AQW  Post #: 1
1/18/2012 20:58:27   
Arachnid

Chapter One
Nearly 250 years earlier on Earth

. .As I write this note, they close in on me. The two huntresses, Syrena and Zafara, said to be trained by artemis herself. They have been chasing me for nearly a year, and as I near Salem for the trials, I grow tired. If I could get them there...I could remove their powers with the help of the witch, Abagail Williams. I do not understand how, or why they follow me, but I can assume why. You see, I am a Lycan. Contrary to the believe of this time, a Lycan and Werewolf are not the same. A werewolf is in complete control of their transformations. Lycans, however, have much less control. We change with the full moon, and when our anger spikes, but we can also transform when we feel. Only through much meditation and starving myself, I was able to overcome the change from anger. However, I cannot say the same with the full moon.
. .But you want to know why they are chasing me. You see, it was a cloudy night. I was with a small girl, Luna was her name, and we were talking. About life. Her family. My life. My...family. We talked and talked. She...she was like a little sister to me. But the clouds vanished. I...I couldn't control myself. I changed, and I killed her. I ripped her stomach into pieces, and ate her, all the while listening to her screaming. Never will I forget the terror, fear, and look of betrayal on her face. It will forever haunt me.
. .The huntresses are legend. Trained by Artemis herself, after a deal of some sort. They have tracked and killed nearly three thousand werewolves, lycans, and rogue vampires. They slay the creatures of the night. Strange, since I smell the scent of vampire on the one named Zafara. They seem to...understand each others thoughts, as if they have been partners their whole life. It seems they have the senses that twins have, feeling each others emotions. It...is unnatural. I do not believe they are both immortal, but I don't know much about the one called Syrena.
. .They were hired to track me down and kill me. And, maybe I deserve it. I murdered a little girl in cold blood. But...I don't want to die. You may think it is humorous coming form a creature of the night, but I am afraid of death. There is no mercy in the realm of the dead. Not that I deserve it. I will get eternal punishment, maybe the Fields od Asphodel if I get lucky. But I will never be a hero. There is no hero that was ever a Lycan. Our curse began when Lycaon ate his children, and was cursed by Zeus. His children have also shared in his curse. This is the God's justice. But there is no justice. A crazed man told me this, and it is true. That clown was sane...To a point. He gave good advice.
. .Night is coming. I must leave before they come too close. I'll have to transform before they come. This may be my last note, as I fear I will not make it in time. I simply hope that Luna will forgive me, yet she has no reason to. I leave this note next to the tent I have built, in hopes that the huntresses will see it and have pity. But, I do not expect it. I am a killer. And I will never forget that scream...The scream of betrayal...Terror...Blood...Murder. Never will I forget.
. .. .. .. .. .Sincerely, Saphire Moon
AQW  Post #: 2
1/29/2012 15:59:40   
Arachnid

Chapter 2

. . So, ma and pa both would hang in the trials. Wonderful. I took the news to my home, telling my sister that both of our parents would be dead. She cried, of course, but we both decided it might be for the best. Ha. No one in Salem believed there were any witches at this point, but the judge kept sentencing people to death. And why? Because many have already died because they were accused, why shouldn't the newly accused be killed? Bad logic? Exactly. I needed some alone time to go kill something in my angered state of mind, so I grabbed my rifle, and entered the dark woods to go hunting.

. . Slowly, I entered the woods, careful to be quiet so as not to disturb anything, lest I be detected. It was a bitter cold night, and it was cloudy, making it that much darker. The moon was supposed to be full tonight, but it was impossible to see past the dark clouds. I continued to walk, over sticks and leaves, under low-lying branches, around massive rocks. It seemed unnaturally quiet in the woods tonight. It would be difficult to find some prey. I continued to walk until I reached a clearing, and spotted a small doe, her head dipped, feeding on the grass.

. . She didn't see me coming. I kneeled on one leg, and aimed my rifle, careful not to make a sound. Breathe...Breathe...Ready... The doe looked up, startled. I prepared to pull the trigger, adjusting my aim for the doe's sudden movement.

SNAP!

. . The doe bolted, going the opposite direction of the sound. I cursed. I would never get any prey at this point, let alone actually shoot something. Angered, I got up to see what had made the snapping noise, probably an animal breaking a branch. I slowly walked towards the noise, and the hairs on my neck rose up. I was being watched. I readied my gun to take aim behind myself, and turned around. What I saw...was a woman.

. .What was a woman doing in the woods at night? And without a weapon? Was she practicing witchcraft? Was she the one to blame of all of these people being accused of witchery?! I was about to ask this woman what she was doing in the woods, when she spoke. My anger turned to...Some odd feeling the moment she spoke.

"Please...Don't hurt me...I...I just need some help..."

. . It was as if the world stopped. Nothing mattered anymore but the safety of this poor girl. I would risk my life for her, no matter what. She stepped towards me when another "SNAP!" echoed through the forest. I turned towards the sound, and saw two huntresses, armed with bows, running from the woods. They looked like they were pursuing...the girl. But why? I put myself between them and her, as fast as I could. They stopped running. The one on the right, who was rather pale with strange red eyes, spoke: "Move aside, mortal! We shall slay you and the creature if we must!"

. . Creature? What creature? Then I understood. She was talking about the girl. "No," I replied, "You shall not hurt this maiden!"

"Then you shall die with her!

. .The other one, who looked normal, other than her pink eyes, said to the pale one, "Zafara, we can't kill mortals. It is our job to protect them from these beasts. Let him go."

"But he protects her!" Zafara replied, "How can we make him leave, Syrena? Tell me that."

"Mortal," Syrena said, looking towards me, "Please go. It would ruin both of our days if we killed you."

. .Leaving was sounding like a much better option rather quickly. But then I froze. I got extremely cold, and my eyesight turned green. Fog began to surround me, but not enough to shield me from their view. My mouth dropped open, and a slithering voice came out of my mouth.

"The dark magician all shall stand,
Pain and suffering all withstand.
The city of Liberty's final days,
The prince of evil shall be raised.
A deadly sleep shall be the demise,
Destroyed by darkness one final time."

. .My mouth slammed shut, and the fog disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. My vision cleared, and I regained control of my body.

"What was THAT?!" Zafara exclaimed.

"Sounded like a prophecy. But why use a mortal to relay it?"

. .I slowly backed up while Zafara and Syrena talked about what had happened. I continued to back up until I was about four feet from the girl, who hadn't said a thing since she first spoke. She looked utterly terrified of the huntresses, but I didn't see what reason she had to be. Suddenly, the clouds shifter, revealing the moon. the girl shouted in pain, and fell to the ground. The huntresses stopped talking about the prophecy, and realized what was happening.

"She's transforming!" Syrena yelled.

"How do we stop it?!" Zafara replied.

"I don't think we can. Just wait for her to finish, and we can follow her more. We are not to kill her in her wolf form!"

. .I had no idea what was happening. All I could do was stare in horror as the girl in front of me began to change. She started to get bigger, and grow large muscles. She grew fur, and he clothes burst off of her. Her eyes turned a brownish yellow color, and her face began to extend, as did her feet, legs, arms and hands. Her teeth grew until they were as long as my hand, and her ears grew until they were pointed. The creature that used to be the girl got off the ground, looked at the moon, and howled. Then it turned, and ran with unnatural speed into the forest.

"You follow her, I will be with you in a moment," Zafara told Syrena. Syrena ran after the creature, bow at the ready. It was just me and Zafara. "You have seen too much. you must be killed." She dashed over to me in the blink of an eye, and grabbed my head, one hand under my chin, one hand at the back of my head. and the nightmare ended with one final...

SNAP!

AQW  Post #: 3
2/11/2012 20:15:09   
Arachnid

Chapter 3

. . It's....strange. The feeling of immense power. It courses through you, fueling everything you do. Imagine an adrenaline shot, hyped up by about a thousand times. But, when you transform unwillingly...you can't control it. Almost like a dream. you know what's going on, but you can't really control it. All of this power is completely wild, to do whatever it pleases. And right now, it felt like running. Imagine running through the woods, trees going past you faster than you can blink, smashing through the trees in your way, terrifying every living thing near you. That's what it's like.

. . Running. The wild spirit of power was just running. Running from the huntresses that would end it. Or would they? The one named Syrena said not to kill me in this form. But...why? What was the sick joy of killing me when I could feel it? To make me feel the suffering that Luna felt? Were these the orders from Artemis? What cruel goddess can do that? And why?

. . All of this went through my head as I kept running. Slowly-ever so slowly-I slowed down. Trees stopped passing my eyes at the mind bending speed, and I could focus on the shrubs and creatures. Eventually, I stopped at the edge of some sort of wall. It appeared to be a large hedge, but it was much too dark to tell. But why would it be...Ah. Slowly, I began to transform back to human. The moon had vanished once again. I finished transforming, and I was laying on the ground, stark naked. Slightly embarrassing, but I had no more clothes to put on.

. . I could hear distant noises, the snapping of twigs, the rustle of leaves. Probably the huntresses. The only place I could go was into the hedge wall, and hope they couldn't find me. I walked up to the wall and stuck my arm through. Prickles from roses stuck into my skin, but I felt air on the other side. It would hurt going through, but I had no choice. I ran through the hedge wall, getting jabbed and scratched on my way through. I emerged on the other side to see...another hedge wall.

. . But...there were two walls now, not including the one I had went through.It opened on one side into another section, this one with two directions leading from it. A maze. This was perfect. I could lose them through this maze...I hope. I began to enter the new room, and tried to pick the best choice. After some thinking, I chose the right direction, figuring going left would lead me closer to the huntresses. The next room had three branches from it, and I went forward. Another room. And another. And another. And another.

. . An hour passed as I went through the maze. I estimated in my head that I must have been near the center of the maze. Left. Center. Left. Right. Finally, I entered a new chamber with but one way, the way I had entered. I had reached the center. There was nothing here, at least, not that I could see. Then a small object moved in the center. It was a white cloth, and it seemed to walk towards me. It walked closer and closer until it was but two feet from me, and I could make out what it was. It was a small girl.

"Hello," she said. Her voice was strange. It was a whisper, and yet it echoed. I simply stood and stared at this small child, staring up at me with strange glowing eyes. "You need not be afraid of me, Saphire."

"How do you know my name?" I asked quizzically.

"I know everybody's name. I know everybody's past. Their future. I know yours."

"How do you know this? You're just a little girl." She laughed at this, with a small tinkly laugh, which also echoed.

"I may be little," she replied, "But that does not mean I am young." She reminded me of someone...it was the way she talked...but who? She frowned, and cocked her head like a bird. "You are upset about someone. About Luna." Ah. That's who she reminded me of. "You killed her, and you didn't mean to. You seek forgiveness from her..."

"I don't want forgiveness," I snarled, "I just want to forget! Who are you to mock me?! You sound like her! Look like her! You even talk like her! WHO ARE YOU?!"

. . She smiled at me and whispered: "I am the Nightmare Child."

"I don't care who you are! I just want you to go! Stop making me think about her! About what I did!" She began to walk up to me. "GO AWAY!" I shouted.

"You must remember...her pain. Her sadness... Her sense of betrayal..."

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I was crouching on the ground at this point, trying to stop the images of Luna's murder before me.

"She thought you were a monster then... A horrible killer..."

. . I screamed. The images were clearer, as if the little girl was pulling them from my mind and forcing me to see them. "LEAVE ME, SPIRIT! SHOW ME NO MORE!" I cried.

"You must remember..." she whispered. The gently moved her hand to my face, and touched my forehead. A blinding light appeared, and I was back in time.

. . It was that night...That terrible night. I was nothing but a figure in the memory. I saw myself and Luna walking and talking under the cloudy night sky. She turned her head to look at me, the real me. I got a good look at her face. She looked just like the Nightmare Child. It was a trick by the spirit. To mock me about her death, she tried to look just like her. She turned her head to look at the past me, commenting about the strange noises in the woods. Being just a figure in the memory...I could feel the trust in her words. The love in her voice.

. . They kept walking and talking, until the night sky lit up with the light of the full moon. My past self went stiff, and Luna stared at the moon. "It's quite a lovely night isn't it? I'm very lucky to spend it with you. I-" she turned to look back at my past self, which was glaring at her with hunger. "Saphire?" she said with fear in her voice, "What's wrong?" A growl came from the throat of my past self. And everything went horrible.

. . It was the fastest transformation that ever happened. The skin had exploded off of my body, and I had burst into the shape of the hideous Lycan beast. Luna screamed. The beast jumped on her, and opened it's jaw wide, teeth glistening, saliva dripping. The image froze. The shimmering form of the Nightmare Child walked from behind me. Tears began to drip down my face. I had never cried. Not since...That night. The Child looked at me and frowned.

"It was not your fault. You had no control over yourself. It was your curse. You had no way of knowing-"

"SILENCE!" I shouted at her, tears streaming down my face, "WHY DID YOU BRING ME HEAR, IF ALL YOU WERE GOIGN TO DO WAS SHOW ME WHAT I DID?!"

. . Her face contorted into that of a beast. "You needed to remember what happened."

"I NEVER FORGOT! LEAVE ME, SPIRIT! LET ME GO FROM THIS WRETCHED PLACE! I HATE IT! I HATE YOU!"

. . She was silent. She began to fade, with her words, "You must remember." The image started again. I watched that hideous scene...My beast form ripping into the poor girls skin...Blood everywhere...Her organs ripped from her body...Her heart burst...It was at that moment when she finally stopped screaming. The moon retreated behind the clouds, and I morphed back. The look on my face...It was of hatred. "WHY?!" I had shouted, "WHAT DEMON GODS DO THIS?! WHY BRING THE MOON FOR ONLY THIS TIME?! WHY?!"

. . Something happened that I didn't remember. A bright light flashed, and the form of a woman appeared. She was the most beautiful woman in the galaxy. Beautiful without makeup, without even trying. Aphrodite. "Calm yourself, little one. It was not us."

"THEN WHO WAS IT?1 I WILL RENDER THEIR HEAD FROM THEIR BODIES! I SHALL RIP THEIR ENTRAILS OUT AND STUFF THEM DOWN THEIR VERY THROAT! TELL ME, WHO?!"

"I do not know."

"THEN YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN UGLY PILE OF FILTH TO ME!"

. . Her eyes glowed red with anger. "Do not make me your enemy, mortal. You do not-"

"SHUT UP! I HATE YOU! I HATE THE GODS!"

. . My body glowed as Aphrodite's eyes ignited. The glow was pink, and it seemed to flow into my mouth. Suddenly, the glows subsided. "You bear my curse now, mortal. Your voice will bring love from all males...But none of it will be true. You have made an enemy of the Gods. Know this." And she disappeared. The image froze once more.

. . The Nightmare Child appeared again, a cautious look on her face. "So that's why...my voice..." I murmured.

"You see? You needed to remember...That's why you are being hunted. Not for what happened to Luna."

. . Somehow, this calmed me. I felt...better. Was this happiness? I turned to look for the Child, but she was nowhere to be found. I looked around, and the image around me got darker and darker, until it was pitch black, and it shattered upon me.

. . I woke up in the maze, at the Nightmare Child's feet. I was wearing some sort of armor...and it was pink. I bolted up, and got to my feet. I looked at myself, looking at the armor on my chest, arms, and legs. There was a faint glowing heart over where my true heart was. "Wha...what is this?" I asked in amazement.

. . She smiled. "It's the Love Weaver. I made it for you. It helps you fight your curse. You can manipulate the love others feel for you. You can now weave hate or love into your enemies and friends, but use it wisely." My mouth was agape. She giggled at my expression.

"Won't the Gods punish you for helping me?"

"You think I am not already punished? I am called the Nightmare Child for a reason. I sleep often, and I always have nightmares. Terrible things that would drive anybody mad."

"...You're not mad, are you?"

. . She laughed. "Not as much as some would think. I will see you soon. The huntresses are closer, and you must go."

"Thank you. For everything." She smiled, and walked up to me. I thought she was going to trigger another memory, (which I did NOT need) but she hugged me.

"I will always love you, Saphire. Like a sister." And she vanished.
AQW  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) Sisters in Arms
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition