Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Thoughts of the Changes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Thoughts of the Changes
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/7/2012 17:24:05   
hardcore59

no, they did practically nothing for le BM
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
1/7/2012 17:25:13   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

That's your opinion. Mine is that BM got a small buff with Fireball and Energy Shield.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/7/2012 17:28:32   
hardcore59

nonono, they did practically nothing for le BM
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
1/7/2012 17:37:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Even though I'm not BM, they did change it. Fireball is stronger which seems great, and so is Plasma for TMs (same skills but Physical & Energy). Also Energy Shield seems to be better than Technican, +10 Resistance from it = ~40 Tech already.
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
1/7/2012 17:43:55   
Laces

I like it. Though we're going to see a lot more "build-copiers" in the CH community as it actually takes a brain to use. And so people who recently switched, will just copy builds. Just like the TLMs. *Sigh*
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/7/2012 17:45:21   
hardcore59

yea but, they did practically nothing for le BM
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
1/7/2012 17:46:46   
Infinity Everlasting

I enjoyed the update, though imo plasma armor made CH a bit too powerful because it encourages them to put points onto dex for def and it complements SA prefectly for maximum blocking, so I think it would be more fair to switch out frenzy from tlms and give them EMP instead while take EMP away from CH and give them tech/energy shield/maul/frenzy(?)

< Message edited by Infinity Everlasting -- 1/7/2012 17:47:10 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/7/2012 17:47:30   
Ranloth
Banned

Better scaling for Fireball + Plasma Cannon IIRC + change with Energy Shield is PRACTICALLY nothing.
[/sarcasm]

@Infinity Everlasting
Maxing Plasma and near maxed Static is almost 20 skill points already. At higher Lvl only, you can somewhat divide skills between Malf and Massacre but otherwise - you can have Malf or Massacre at lower Lvl to work efficiently. Investing in EMP/Heal/Matrix means you're losing on Malf or Massacre. So Shadow Arts is even a bit harder to get: Massacre or SA.

< Message edited by Trans -- 1/7/2012 17:50:25 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
1/7/2012 17:57:51   
Infinity Everlasting

^good point actually, never though of it that way

you can always balance things out:

7 Static charge/8 Plasma Armor/ 5 SA/ 7 EMP/1-2 def matrix still gives you 5-6 points to put onto malf/heal whcih makes a great tank/focus build
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/7/2012 18:00:08   
Ranloth
Banned

Balancing out works quite well but now again, Tanks and Focus build. Let's add the fact of what happens if Static misses - you gotta somewhat make through it until next Static or you lose. If that was to be Reroute, it'd be OP'd by quite a bit.
Also I believe most players would try to max Plasma out, just like they do with Hybrid Armor or Mineral. :P
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
1/7/2012 18:24:42   
BaIllz

I wish that no one could see your build... I have been in many situations when I beat someone and 5 minutes later, I find someone with my exact same build.

It would be interesting if no one could see you build. You would get the general idea of the build, but not know all the details to copy it exactly.

It would spark some imagination, and make people make their own builds.

It takes a long time to make a "original" or "Genius" build. I found mine after lots of credits, and thankfully no one has copied me with this build yet, but I hope

people don't find out that my build actually works.. xP

This way everyone will be able to make their own origina builds and everyone will have fun! ;D

Its just like an NPC, you can't see thier stats but you still beat em right?

I'd laugh if someone retrained after every fight so they are never predictable.. :P Their choice because its their money.

~ BaIllz
Post #: 36
1/7/2012 18:33:23   
BlueKatz

Let's see.

CH is the new OP class. I guess the skill was hastily added and compare with TLM new BS and BM new ES. TLM's BS while not as offensive in fact get better against class like CH and BM ES is obviously pretty good. But overrate it's OP because the new passive killed every of CH weak point (CH weak point is the Go first and Block the new Energy armor allow it to go for much higher Dex and also the energy armor allow it to survive first hit far better) and that passive is even better than HA.
I mean, wow, this buff is too much, it allow people to tank even better than TLM while deal even more damage PLUS MASS?! And Charge give even more MP than HA+RR while Tank even better? And Dex + SA allow it to block? I thought they support to learn something from TLM problem? CH already have best skills and best skills tree, adding this to link every advantage it has is ridiculous.
This even make CH less creative and if a nerf hit CH, I'm pretty sure it will become even more boring class.

TLM is still strong (not sure if considered as OP since most classes beside Merc get small buff) and a lot more stable (no more weird block, stun etc... and using poison - which deal stable damage). I really like how it's not crazily random like before.

BM is getting imba even more than before. It's even stronger vs TM (I know this might be TM bias but really why must it be even better against something it's strong against? And I even have a lot of Physical skill) and get worse in everything else, even in build creative. Maybe this was tested compare to CH a newly OP class

TM is still the same (beside the fact that 3 classes get anti Energy skill >.>, at least TLM won't stop SC build anymore), the Plasma Bolt actually seems good I might try it, I think it can actually be used.

Merc seem better with BB buff and the Multi buff I think didn't impact much, the HA nerf didn't effect much as well.

BH is still the same, it's very strong and I guess it's the standard for most balance change
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/7/2012 18:39:01   
BaIllz

quote:

TLM's BS

Oh well its just the cycle of the classes. It's CH's turn now, I predicted it would be the last...

~BaIllz
Post #: 38
1/7/2012 19:44:31   
Midnightsoul

@Laces
u cant call me one. ive been a CH since delta (i did change to BM and TLM but didnt stay for very long).

@BlueKatz
CH u can say is kinda OP'ed but we're still pretty vulnerable to smokescreen...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/7/2012 20:30:18   
BlueKatz

^ I see but I guess every classes have problem with Smoke :/
Also having that energy armor limited CH creative, like no Bot build? Sound pretty bad
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/7/2012 20:41:35   
Matrix77

@bloodknight997 - for the smoke problem, a CH can easily use an P armor, not to mention they also has DM
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/7/2012 22:21:42   
Midnightsoul

^not that part, im talking about when our static charge gets blocked...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/7/2012 23:15:29   
King FrostLich

I'm happy my fireball has an increased damage by 5 points and I every time I use it on arctic guard, he often has 1 or 3 hp left so 5 points really did make a big difference.

Epic  Post #: 43
1/7/2012 23:47:30   
rej

The balance update was good in the respect that it nerfed tlms, but horrible in the fact that it made Cyber Hunters the new flavor.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/8/2012 0:17:47   
Agiluz

So far all classes are balanced except Mercenary, I hope it will get a buff to compete against the others.
Post #: 45
1/8/2012 0:27:43   
Gepard Acht

For some of CHs skills to be abused isn't correct unless they can't utilize the class very well meaning maxing Plasma armor,SA and static which is anything but good and limits the creativity to the class

I actually prefer to keep technician when I change to the class as I can both increase my bot damage and more res when I calculated it as my build doesn't take much points in plasma armor
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/8/2012 2:11:05   
Keep it Real

Okay so i understand mineral armor thats fine. And i also understand technician as well, i even understood the first change in frenzy. But personally i feel they went too far this time. Taking away maul and frenzy was too far, we need 1 or the other back to be honest. Cyber Hunters have also been made overpowered with plasma armor. To balance things completely i suggest giving TLM's back a weakened form of maul instead of stun grenade (only ignoring 10% of defenses) and reverting plasma armor back to technician but instead making static charge a passive that regains energy as a percent of the damage you do. any thoughts on the idea?
Post #: 47
1/8/2012 2:51:01   
goldslayer1

mercenary was nerfed. isn't that lovely?
what are your thoughts?

my thoughts are, why nerf merc?
it is already the most UPed class ingame and it gets nerfed, i find that unfair and illogical.

NOTE:
to those who dont know what the nerf was, they nerfed hybrid armor.
the nerf was supose to be for tlm, yet ED manages to nerf a skill that was removed from tlm.

while mineral/plasma armor are +12 def/res hybrid should have atleast remained at +13 since it is only for 1 class. and a UPed class.

Merged together the "Merc nerf, how lovely." and "The Thoughts of the Changes" as they both cover last week's balance changes. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 1/8/2012 4:29:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/8/2012 2:54:09   
TurkishIncubus

:D Balance team :D

no need to say more :D
Epic  Post #: 49
1/8/2012 2:54:43   
RageSoul

quote:

it is already the most UPed class ingame and it gets nerfed, i find that unfair and illogical.

Not really but i do agree that it seriously needs a buff .

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 1/8/2012 2:55:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Thoughts of the Changes
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition