Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hand of the Destroyer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Hand of the Destroyer
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2012 19:08:20   
febmaster

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19977561&mpage=1&key=� for comments

Introduction

Welcome to the world of Empat-kerajaan. After the Ancients Ones of the Land split, four kingdoms were formed. They created new languages. The first one is Hrothdaen, the snowy stronghold to the north, currently ruled by King Rothmaen. The cities in the windy plains to the south, the places where the Ancient Ones first settled, are known as Angin, currently ruled by Raja Pahlawan. The fiery volcano empire to the east is known as Feuer, led by Leiter Leidenschaft. Finally, to the west is the great earth kingdom Kingshold, ruled by King Lorethii. Time is recorded in seasons. The seasons of spring and summer are known as The Season of The Hot Winds, and fall and winter are known as the Season of The Falling Ice.

PROLOGUE: Tsaeian

In Kingshold, a child with the name of Tsaeian was born. His brother, Illyan, was born two seasons later. Their parents, charged on accounts of dark magic and ritual breeding (the reason Tsaeian and Illyan were born) were long banished from the kingdom, and as soon as news of this reached the king, the parents were executed and their children sent away to an orphan's boarding school in Hrothdaen.

Tsaeian's luck was less than perfect, to say the least. When he was 14 seasons old (7 years old), Illyan was murdered in a bloody massacre at the boarding school. Tsaeian was the only survivor and, because he was so young, had no idea what was going on. As fourteen more seasons passed (now 14 years old), Tsaeian had already well understood what happened and swore to the gods that he would get vengeance. Before he got that vengeance, he got into a relationship. It lasted until 7 seasons later (now 17 and a half), Tsaeian's soon-to-be wife was afflicted with a terrible illness, one that took her life. Once more, Tsaeian dropped to the ground sobbing, looked up at the sky, and cursed the gods for his bad luck. After that fateful event, Tsaeian never got better. Tsaeian, now wishing to be a god, remembered the powerful but forbidden magic his parents had practiced. He didn't care it was forbidden, and his delusional, power-hungry mind didn't care it was evil and dangerous magic. He sought someone who could teach him this, and he claimed to be an associate of Tsaeian's parents.

"What is your name, necromancer?" Tsaeian asked.

"That is something I no longer remember." the necromancer answered. "As I have lived far longer than anyone should ever live, time has wiped away any remnant of who I was. Time and dark magic have taken away the weaknesses of emotion and the memories that held me back from my true potential." Tsaeian thought the man was insane, but after finding out that the necromancer could use several dark spells, he went under his tutelage. He quickly surpassed the necromancer in power, and became powerful enough to stage a rebellion against the king. He gathered a cult, and soon that cult became an army, conquering everything standing in the way. The name Tsaeian was forgotten; The Destroyer was born.

< Message edited by febmaster -- 11/3/2012 13:55:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/9/2012 21:15:02   
febmaster

*NOTE: One character is 80 seasons old, which makes him sound really old, but remember a season in this story is half a year. Keep that in mind so you don't confuse someone for being older than they are.

CHAPTER 1: Rylith Goes Off to Battle

"Okay, Harkos, you can give me a break," said Ryllian, a 36 seasons old native of Kingshold City (capital of Kingshold), dropping his sword. Ryllian was a young man, barely reaching adulthood. He has shaggy brown hair and the innocent, harmless-looking eyes of a puppy.

"Nay, boy," said Harkos, the 80 seasons old village blacksmith. "No such thing. Pick up your sword if you want to fight as good as your brother." Harkos was a big man, characterized by his shaggy beard, horrifying and threatening build along with his several battle scars. Despite his menacing appearance, his friendly smile always makes you laugh.

"Hello, sirs." 40 seasons old Rylith said, ducking under a stray slash from Ryllian. Rylith was young but strong, earning the rank of captain in the king's elite patrol when he was just 32 seasons old. His sandy blond hair, dancing blue eyes, dangerous-looking build, and his easygoing smile characterized him.

"Brother," Ryllian replied, shaking Rylith's hand. "I hear that the king called for his troops?"

"Yeah," Rylith replied. "Going off today. I hear he might be drafting men. Best let Harkos get you in shape."

"What's all going on here?" asked 38 seasons old Trynna as she walked in, giving Rylith a kiss. Trynna had flowing brown hair and clear blue eyes. What characterized her was her sympathizing smile and her understanding eyes, the kind that made you feel like someone cared about you.

"You heard me, love," Rylith said to Trynna. "Going off to investigate the activity in the other kingdoms today with Lorethii's elite patrol. I'll be safe, don't worry." Of course, Trynna worried. She asked several "what-if" questions and ranted on about how much she hated that Rylith's job put him in danger. Rylith calmly laughed and shrugged the comments off. "You make sure she doesn't get too naughty."

"Will do, brother," Ryllian answered reassuringly, shaking his brother's hand.

"All right, I'm off," Rylith said, strapping his sword to his side. He mounted his horse, put on his helmet, and politely waved as he rode away.

"Isn't he amazing?" Trynna rhetorically asked, a love-smitten smile on her face.

"Yeah," Ryllian answered sarcastically. "He's bloody fantastic." After some silence, Ryllian asked "What now?" Without warning, a sword slash came his way. He ducked and turned around to face Harkos. After parrying a blow, Ryllian kicked Harkos's kneecap, dislocating it. "I'M SO SORRY!" Ryllian panicked. "I guess you taught me too well about reflexes."

"No need to be sorry, my dear boy..." Harkos grunted, clutching his knee. "I taught you well."

< Message edited by febmaster -- 11/3/2012 14:05:42 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/10/2012 22:44:41   
febmaster

CHAPTER 2: Where is Rylith?

Weeks and weeks passed. "It's fine, he'll be here," Ryllian always said to assure Trynna. "He's a fighter, he has to come back." Trynna was never consoled by these words. Training at Harkos's forge became dull, and there were many sleepless nights. The king issued a statement that it was only a patrol, and that the men would be back in 2 weeks' time. It's been 5 weeks, almost a season.

"Harder, Ryllian, harder!" Harkos would have to yell every day. Ever since his brother left, Ryllian's performance had been lackluster, even though he was usually an exceptional student. Ryllian would always drop his sword, wordlessly giving up. Trynna sat at the corner, half-heartedly watching. The other half of her heart was watching Rylith, imagining the things that could happen to him. What if he died? What if he got captured and never returned?

"What's the point, Harkos?" Ryllian would complain. "No matter how hard I train, it's not going to help bring my brother back!"

"Well, you never know, boy!" Harkos said. "Look, I miss him too! And Trynna sure as bloody hell misses him as well!" Ryllian look at Trynna, her head bent in sorrow. After giving Harkos a menacing look, Ryllian picked his sword back up, training long and hard. Later that night, Trynna sat with Ryllian. "I don't know what to do," Trynna sobbed. "I'm not even sure he'll be back."

"Listen, don't say that." Ryllian replied sadly. "Not about my brother. Not about my best friend. Not about the one who looked after me when my parents were executed."

"They were executed?" Trynna asked in surprise, seemingly forget about Rylith. "For what? Rylith never told me."

"Dark magic," Ryllian answered."I was part of some sick breeding experiment. My parents followed in the footsteps of Illyanna and Tsaeillyan, notorius dark mages. They sacrificed countless children to their death god. My parents were just starting out, and I was going to be a victim. At the time, Harkos was part of the elite patrol. He was off duty and just got back to town. My parents were amateurs, so when they were about to burn me and Rylith, they lit the fire in a more obvious place. Harkos spotted the fire and arrested my parents after a difficult conflict. Me and Rylith were rescued."

"I'm so sorry," Trynna replied.

"Don't be," Ryllian replied. "They were horrible parents. Don't feel bad that Rylith didn't tell you. It's harder for him than it is for me. Harkos was the one who told me what was going on. He practically was our father and raised us. When Rylith was old enough to take care of me, he took the responsibility."

"Well, anytime you need someone to talk to, I'm here," Trynna replied. They nodded politely and went to their separate rooms to sleep.

The next day, a messenger's note awaited on the door. It read, "IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM LORETHII, HIS MAJESTY: King Lorethii (may he live long) has issued every man of 36 to 70 seasons old requested to meet at the Recruitment Pavillion."

< Message edited by febmaster -- 11/3/2012 3:05:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/10/2012 23:57:50   
febmaster

CHAPTER 3: Boot Camp

Ryllian jumped with joy when he saw the notice. Finally, he might be able to apply his skills for something, perhaps even finding his brother. He looked at Trynna. "I swear I'll find him," he said firmly and reassuringly. He gave Trynna a long hug, a firm nod, and set off to the pavillion.

At the pavillion, recruits from every kingdom were there. King Rothmaen, King Lorethii, Leiter Liedenschaft, and Raja Pahlawan were all there. Clearly all of them were concerned about threats in their kingdom. Ryllian looked at them with respect: Lorethii, the king that's kept his land safe and governed wisely; Leidenschaft, known as the bravest of all in the land; Pahlawan, a noble king of Angin, a direct descendant of the Ancient Ones; and Rothmaen, the loyal and devoted king who serves instead of commands his people. Lorethii was a tall man with gentle green eyes, a long flowing beard, and a serene face. He wore golden armor and a purple cape, carrying a golden scepter in his right hand and a sword in a finely jeweled scabbard. Leidenschaft had blazing amber eyes and a look of determination that no amount of fear could wipe away. Wearing blazing red armor and an ox's skull for a helmet, he carried a fearsome double-bladed battleaxe. Pahlawan looked noble and dark-skinned, standing with an aristocrat's posture. His armor was simple, a light chestplate with dragon scale boots. His weapon, not so simple: a long, double bladed kris edged with poison. Rothmaen wore heavy plate armor and an intimidating yeti fur cape. He carried a long, two-handed broadsword. No speech was necessary; all the recruits knew what to do.

Ryllian stood there, eager for someone to test his abilities. On his right was a stocky, hairy Hrothdaen with an angry stare, his left a stuck-up Angin with an expensive haircut and expensive clothes. He glanced over his shoulder, noticing a lean Feuer with a cold stare. "Line up, or I'll spear the lot of you!" Leidenschaft yelled. Everyone followed. "You there!" he spat, pointing to the Angin. "What's your name?"

"Gaja-muda," he replied coolly, with a smirk.

"How about you?!?!" Leidenschaft spat again, this time pointing to the Hrothdaen.

"I'm Thrace," he replied, irritated. Then Pahlawan stepped forward. "You two, you came with your own weapons. I'm assuming you know how to fight. Let's see what you can do."

Gaja-muda and Thrace stepped in the front of the pavillion, eyeing each other. Gaja-muda grinned, and swiftly pulled out a kujang, a curved Angin blade. Thrace pulled out his mace menacingly. Gaja-muda slashed, and Thrace ducked, sweeping at Gaja-muda's legs. Gaja-muda trapped the mace under his feet, and kicked it aside. "Too easy," he scoffed. Without warning, Thrace pulled out another mace and swung at Gaja-muda's abdomen, a blow that sent him flying.
With lightning speed, Gaja-muda got back up ran to his opponent, slashing viciously. Thrace, blocking at the last second, attempted a kick at Gaja-muda's groin, but was blocked by Gaja-muda's shin, which had a shin guard. Then, with his right leg, he stepped on Thrace's foot. Thrace wasn't bothered by that, however. Frustrated, Gaja-muda feigned a high blow. Thrace was forced to block, leaving his abdomen and chest open. Gaja-muda kicked him square in the chest, knocking the air out of Thrace. At that moment, he disarmed Thrace and forced him to the ground. "It's obvious who the bloody winner is!!" Leidenschaft announced. Raja-muda walked away smirking. "How about you, your name!" yelled Leidenschaft, pointing to the emotionless Feuer.

"Peter," he replied coolly.

"How about you?!?"

"Ryllian," he replied nervously, gulping.

"Now since you buggers have got the nerve to bring your own weapons, how about you bloody duke it out, eh?!?!?"

"Hello, mate," Ryllian said in a friendly way to Peter. Peter replied with a murderous glance.

"Now....BEGIN!"

< Message edited by febmaster -- 11/3/2012 3:25:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/11/2012 0:38:02   
febmaster

CHAPTER 4: Ryllian vs. Peter

Ryllian unsheathed his one-handed longsword. Peter unsheathed his falchion, grasping it in his right hand, and his rapier, holding it in his left hand. Ryllian thrust his sword at Peter, who parried it with ease. Ryllian smiled, analyzing his opponent. Clearly he fights well, maybe even has a little experience. Peter did not smile back and slashed with his falchon, which Ryllian ducked under. However, there was a rapier blade waiting for him down there. Luckily, it fell short and gave Ryllian time to rap Peter's leg with his sword. Peter, who jumped in pain, thrust his blade at Ryllian. Ryllian moved quickly and tried to dodge the sword. However, Peter was faster and skinned Ryllian's right shoulder, then slammed the flat of his blade on Ryllian's right hand. Apparently he'd been observing his opponent, knowing he was right-handed. Ryllian was forced to switch to his non-dominant hand. "You're good," he said.

"Not so bad yourself," Peter answered for the first time. Slashing his falchion viciously, he cut across Ryllian's shirt, making a shallow cut across his chest. Ryllian just smiled painfully, then rapped Peter's leg again. Peter yelped, bending down on one knee. While he bent down, Ryllian slashed at Peter's other leg, then disarming him. Peter was at his mercy. "Good!" Leidenschaft exclaimed. "Blood! Yes, BLOOD! Shows you lads got guts!" Leidenschaft helped them up, handing them their weapons. "Let's get you buggers patched up, yes?"

"Are you okay?" Trynna asked Ryllian worriedly.

"I'm fine," Ryllian replied in his hospital bed. He glanced over at Peter, but Peter wasn't looking back. His eyes were fixed on something else, and they weren't in their usual murderous stare. They even seemed to be emotional. Then Ryllian realized it; Peter was looking at Trynna. Trynna turned to smile at Peter. Peter eagerly smiled back. "Trynna!" Ryllian whispered sharply.

"Yes, Ryllian?" was her reply. "Why are you whispering?"

"Because Peter over there never smiles," Ryllian replied. "Like, he never does."

"What are you getting at here?" Trynna questioned him.

"Nothing...just, never mind." After Ryllian and Peter got patched up, they went back to the pavillion.

"Attention," Lorethii announced. "All of you, head to the barracks and train. Peter, Thrace, Gaja-muda, and Ryllian, stay here." Gaja-muda looked alarmed, Thrace looked irritated, Ryllian looked nervous, and Peter looked emotionless. "Follow your nation's kings. Ryllian, stay here. Someone wants to meet you." Just then, Harkos came riding in.

"You and those four other boys have had enough of weapons and close combat," Harkos told Ryllian. "Has Rylith shown you any of his Life Magic techniques?"

"No," Ryllian said. "But I've been told repeatedly that he learned them when he was just 16 seasons old."

"Of course, you're not as young as that, but most people usually have to wait until they're 45 seasons old until they can draw magical power from their blood, but I feel that you can handle learning it now," Harkos explained. "As you know, there are four magic types: a Hrothdaen bloodline member will possess the Blood of Thunder, which will allow them to produce seismic quakes and lightning; a Feuer bloodline member will possess the Blood of Inferno, allowing him to control fire and heat; an Angin bloodline member will possess the Ancient Ones' Blood of Animal, which will allow them to morph into animal forms to strengthen themselves; and a Kingshold bloodline member like you will possess the healing Blood of Life, which will allow you to control nature and will also allow you to heal yourself and others." Ryllian was excited; he was going to finally learn how to make use of his bloodline.

< Message edited by febmaster -- 11/3/2012 3:15:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/13/2012 20:32:16   
febmaster

CHAPTER 4: The Blood of Life

Harkos took Rylith to a corner inside the pavillion. The three other young men were also there, with their mentors. There was one face he didn't expect to see, however. It was Trynna, talking to Peter. "The little bastard..." Ryllian muttered. After a handshake and a nod, Peter went back to his mentor. "What are you doing here?" Ryllian asked Trynna.

"Supervising you," Trynna said. "Rylith taught me a few tricks."

"Oh yeah?" Ryllian scoffed. "Like-" He was about to say "Like what?", but a leaf clamped his mouth shut and vines bound his feet. They released him. "Okay," he said, embarassed. Harkos began to instruct him. "All right, you will need to focus your energy. Your physical energy will be used too, but you must go beyond that. Dig deep; imagine that the dirt under your feet is your soldier: command it." Harkos demonstrated. He levitated slightly, dirt moving under his feet, his eyes glowing blue. Suddenly, roots busted out of the ground and touched. He stopped. "Your turn."

"All right," Ryllian answered. He concentrated. "It's not working," he said after a while.

"Don't just think it," Harkos told him. "Feel it, break the limits of physical exertion."

Ryllian tried again. He managed to levitate slightly. His eyes glowed, and the ground began to move. Suddenly, there was a thunderous boom, which broke Ryllian's concentration. He fell, and turning to his left, he saw Thrace with an electrified mace. He swung it, making a thunderous sound.

"It's okay," Ryllian assured himself. He tried again. Surely it was gonna work this time. Suddenly, a loud roar broke his concentration. He looked to his right and saw Gaja-muda. It looked like he got replaced by an animal. There was a tiger in his place.

Ryllian sighed. Everyone seemed to be learning at a faster pace than he was. He tried again, but flame singed his eyebrows. "WHAT THE..." It was interrupted by a laugh from Peter, followed by a scolding from Peter's mentor. "Okay, that's it." His eyes glowed and he thrust his hand forward. With a sudden upward jerk of his hand, Peter was bound head to toe and covered in thorny vines. "WHAT NOW, HUH! WHAT NOW, LITTLE PUNK! YOU'RE NOT SO TOUGH NOW, AREN'T YOU, LITTLE PUNK!" Harkos had to hold Ryllian back as Ryllian advanced and made an obscene finger gesture. Harkos freed Peter.

"Well, on the bright side, you learned how to do it," Harkos muttered.

< Message edited by febmaster -- 11/3/2012 3:19:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/3/2012 3:25:03   
febmaster

CHAPTER 5: Going to War

"What were you kids thinking?" Lorethii questioned the four young recruits. They had been brought before the four kings to be disciplined for their immature behavior. "Magic isn't to be toyed with, it is very powerful and you could really hurt someone!"
"Ya cheeky little buggers-" Leidenschaft began, but Pahlawan cut him off.
"Peace, brother," Pahlawan said calmly to the Leiter. "Now is not the time."
Thrace and Ryllian look regretful and apologized promptly. Peter looked away and said nothing while Gaja-muda grinned smugly. "It's all right," Rothmaen said kindly, a forgiving smile on his face. "Just be sure not to do this next time. You never know how long we can keep Leidenschaft from going crazy on you."

The four of them excused themselves politely, with the exception of Gaja-muda, who rolled his eyes at the kings. Without warning, Thrace took him aside. "What's wrong with you?" He asked Gaja-muda. "You're just incapable of having respect, aren't you?"

"Respect?" Gaja-muda remarked. "Sure I do. Just not these poor excuses for kings. They're all losing they're kingdoms to a bloody cult."

"A cult?" Thrace answered. "More like an army." With that, they parted. Ryllian had watched them argue, and he thought to himself that the fact those two couldn't get along would be a problem. However, he could think of an even bigger problem. Peter. That kid was trouble. Ryllian shook off all these thoughts for the moment and decided he was done for the day. He trudged back to his home and went straight to sleep.

Ryllian was woken by the sound of a bell. "Everyone to the recruitment pavillion!" A group of soldiers were marching around the streets, making sure that the draftees went to where they were supposed to be. Ryllian rode to the pavillion, and approached Trynna.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"Shhhh," Trynna replied.
"Attention!" Lorethii called. "Today, you are mere conscripts. But over the course of the events I am about to mention, I am sure you will become something more than that. You were given crude training and weapons, we provided you with everything we could provide in the dire circumstances we are in and in the limited amount of time that we have. Now, it's time to see the fruits of your labor. Our scouts have recently returned with information about a cultist camp in Hrothdaen. We will begin our attack today, and you have half an hour to get breakfast and get your equipment ready."
The recruits murmured. There was nervous talk about whether or not they would make it out alive and what the cultists would do to them if they were captured.

Thrace was excited at the prospect of adventure and challenge. Gaja-muda was sure that all he was dealing with were weak cultists and nothing more. Peter looked indifferent to the news, as if it wasn't anything new. Ryllian, however, wasn't so sure of himself. He paced back and forth, said his prayers, and talked to Trynna for support. "All right!" Leidenschaft shouted. "Get moving, you lazy lot!"

They set off on the trail with fresh horses and all the supplies they needed. "Are we going to find my brother?" Ryllian asked Trynna.
"Ryllian," Trynna began. "All I can say is hope for the best and be prepared for the worst." Ryllian nodded and reluctantly accepted the fact that they don't know what state Rylith is in. He kept moving onward.

"A walk in the park, isn't it?" Gaja-muda said. He spoke too soon, for an arrow had whizzed past his head and planted itself between the eyes of a fellow recruit.

For the first time, Gaja-muda's smug grin was gone and was replaced by a look of terror. Ryllian shivered at the sight of a life that had been claimed right before his eyes. "CUlTISTS!!" a soldier yelled.

"RYLLIAN!!" cried the distant voice of Trynna. It was too late. The last thing Ryllian felt before blacking out was the sharp blow of a club to the back of his head.

To be continued.....

< Message edited by febmaster -- 11/3/2012 3:59:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Hand of the Destroyer
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition