Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=DF= Rift War Poetry and Stories

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =DF= Rift War Poetry and Stories
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/13/2012 18:38:30   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The Rifts are opening, monsters of fire attacking, people from another planet seeking refuge behind the walls of Falconreach. Tell us your tales O Heroes of Lore, tell us your adventures as you fight to protect these new and strange people. And through the darkness and flame surrounding, BattleOn!

All stories and poetry belong here, please remember that only ONE post is allowed per person. Edit you post if you have more to add, do not make another.

Commentary Thread

< Message edited by Mritha -- 1/13/2012 18:41:25 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
1/13/2012 19:14:06   
  San Robin
Modzerella

lets start of with a limmerick / nursery rhyme :)

quote:

some strange monsters who came from a rift,
who thought of a burn as a gift
they attacked the town,
but they were beat down
by the heroes who´s swords are so swift.

quote:

The fire monsters who went to war
laughed more than they ever will roar
The heroes they came,
in falconreach´s name!
Now the monsters don´t laugh anymore!

< Message edited by San Robin -- 1/14/2012 9:31:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
1/13/2012 19:49:35   
Kinzdor

WAR STORY!
It was Friday the 13`th Kinzvlle was standing,in front of the inn, behind him was the HAS Paladin Unit. They were excepting an undead war. Though that is not what they got. They saw a strange purple glow coming from the woods, but Kinzvlle didn`t send anyone to investigate thinking it was a trap. Weird people entered town, right before a section of it was engulfed in flame. "Men we may have to change up our fighting style, since these targets are not undead but get out there! Cadent Will, send word to HAS base, tell them to send more troops! FOR, LORE!" He raised his hand and gave a battle gesture, his troops rushed into battle.

DAILY DRAGONS!

THE DAILY DRAGON!!!
Your number 1 war newspaper

PURPLE PEOPLE IN TOWN!
Today a bunch of purple people showed up. They were seeking shelter. From what you ask well, fire imps. You heard me right fire imp`s. Both the purple people and the imps are said to have came through a rift between dimensions. The fire people did a lot of damage to the main part town and our advancing. WE MUST STOP THEM!

THE WEATHER FORECAST
Light fog and fire induced dry heat in the towns itself. In the woods near Falcónreach, there are freak lighting and weird winds.

ALIENS OR NOT?
There have been some heated debates on whether or not, these creatures are aliens. Some people are stating that they are not aliens because they come from another dimension, not another planet. Though if you look up the word alien, the definition is: Not belonging to the same country, land, or government, or to the citizens or subjects thereof; foreign; as, alien subjects, enemies, property, and shores. Therefore they could very well count on aliens, just not the extraterrestrial type. More of the interdimensional type.

CASUALTIES
Several Purple people
Several guardians

FUN Facts
This is one of the first Friday the 13`th war`s without undead.

__THE DAILY DRAGON IS BROUGHT TO BY: ALIENS!

THE DAILY DRAGON!!!
Your number 1 war newspaper

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!
The Daily Dragon will be merging with Lore News Network. Thus forming the Daily LNN Dragon or TDLNND! This new new`s service will have your favorite aspects from The Daily Dragon and Lore News Network! This new new`s service will have news, (uh der) weather, sports, and Investigative Reports. Don`t worry I will still be doing Warreach Radio with Lego. In fact with co anchors on both fronts I should be able to split my time up more evenly, between the two.

THE WEATHER FORECAST
The fog is getting thicker.

THE MOTIVATOR`S
In wars everyone does there part! Today I would to talk about a special group of people! THE MOTIVATORS! Staying motivated in wars is very important. I know that me Dragoman and Lego try our best to keep the real hero’s on the felid, motive`d.

CASUALTIES
Several Purple people
Several guardians
Peoples brains!
Anyone who has seen a hockey mask (couldn`t resist)

FUN Facts
Starring at the sun hurts!
______THE DAILY DRAGON IS BROUGHT TO BY: Lore News Network ________________

POEMS!

Were waring,were waring,were warring.
The imps are blazing to the bone.
Were waring were waring were waring.
We will not rest till all imps are Sloan.
Were waring,were waring,were waring.
Purple people ,come to town.
The imps laugh like a clown.

< Message edited by kinzvlle -- 1/18/2012 17:37:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/13/2012 21:03:20   
Dragonman

LNN Season 2 Broadcast 1:

Welcome back to LNN News

(In case you don't know that stands for Lore News Network)

I'm your anchorman dragonman66 and I'm happy to say we're on the road to war again.

In related news an unknown amount of flaming Aliens of mainly Impish, Mushroomy, Humanoid or Goblin-esque stature have landed on Lore. No they do not use Flying Saucers But dimensional rifts. The supposedly come from the distant planet of Atealia as the Purple people are called Atealans. That may just be a misspelling of Aliens though.

In other news, The Anomaly in the Sandsea makes sense now and Alien Expert glaisarus_X had it right

Finally, with all these Imps blowing up some families including the Joe Brown Family have decided to watch it as fireworks
"Well the Children came on out and said to me 'Daddy What's those explosions'" Says Farmer Brown "So I says 'Well those is fireworks 'cause its somebodies birthday' I knew of course that it was Imps exploding. I had to beat down a few of them Myself. My main priority is to keep the Children safe and not scared."

Touching story folks.

Well this is dragonman66 saying I don't know what else to say so I'm just going to sign off.

One last thing I'm Auditioning for a Co-Anchor, Weatherperson, and Sports so go on and tell me if you're interested in working for LNN

LNN Season 2 Broadcast 2:
My portion:

Hello and welcome to this next wonderful episode of LNN.

I'm your host dragonman66 signing on

LNN and The Daily Dragon have combined to create The Daily LNN Dragon News or (If you like long Acronyms) TDLNND News!

My new Co-host and weather man Kinzville is sitting to my side

In war news, we now know that 8 million waves of evil Aliens have landed on the planet. Who knows what they are plotting to do with our planet. Some experts have a guess... (Burn the world). Also, they could be trying to melt all our ice cream. We just don't know.

Mayor Rayf wishes for all of us to know that he is trying to make money off of the Aliens. What he doesn't wish us to know is he won't share it.

In an interesting development the quest for the Dragon Egg and Orbs started and ended with a friday the 13th war. Something new must be starting now.

In other news Xan sent in a letter to our station it says.

quote:

Dear dragonman66,

How're you doing, don't forget we have our weekly checkers game tomorrow. Anyway, I wish for you to say on the news report that I have an awesome new(s HAHAHAHA pun!) weapon, I'm growing a mustache, and I have nothing to do with these fire Aliens.
Nothing. Crazed Pyromancer's word.

See you Tomorrow, Xan

Interesting is my checkers buddy lying, or is there something more?

Now to Kinzville with Election news and Weather! I'm going to fight in the war.

Kinz's portion:

Thanks Dragonman* now for the weather. *stands in front of a weather map* Dry heat all weak, with a few freak lighting storms! Now onto election news, earlier today Dragoman gave a speech.

quote:

Friends, Forumites, Lend me your ears
we cannot beat these evil extraterrestrials without working as one.
We must stand together keep warring, and vote for me as Mayor of Falconreach!
No seriously I'm running as a Comedian.
There is no bread for the people so let them eat aliens!

This speech gained some applause. Dragoman has a few strong supporters, and he is gaining speed but, can he catch up to candidates like Cysreo? ** Or Artix with his “All undead will be slain!” guarantee. With all this action by his competitors, Mayor Rayf is not sitting on his but. The Citizens for the Advancement of Mayor Ray, gave this statement!

quote:

Mayor Rayf is a fair and just mayor. Some say that he is a greedy scoundrel, this is not true. Some citizen’s are upset that half of Faclonsnest isn`t even finished and Mayor Rayf, recently shelled out some gold for upgrades to the town hall. More specifically his office! In response to this, change can not happen without a good place to make it happen. If that includes a disco ball and hot tub so be it! Honestly who do you want for mayor? An insane mage? A paladin who can kill with puns? Xan`s chess partner? Or someone who has ruled over this town for several years? Ask yourself who?

Well that`s all for now tune in tomorrow for, a in-depth report on what really goes on inside The Elite Herocorps! This is Kinzvlle signing off!

*sorry for the delay had it all typed up and bam I lost it, had to retype the whole thing
** I know it`s for president not mayor but still a very cool site.

TDLNND Broadcast 2:
My part:

Welcome to TDLNND News!

I'm Co-Anchor dragonman66 on the scene of this war on imps from SPAAACE.

First off, If you're hungry you should definitely try eating someof the fried imps. Looks like Chicken, tastes like bacon!
To shamelessly plug for my mayoral campaign Mayor Rayf getting Checkers buddy (or Pal, ZORK) and chess partner mixed up is more proof he is incompetent, so vote for me.

Anywho, we have had reports that people's Ice cream have been melting. For a substitute I would suggest cookies, but not pie. I am a pie so eating a pie would make me RAGE!. Also, pancakes are a nice Ice cream substitute.

In related news ICOP (International Castle of Pancakes) has been getting far more business lately. The manager of the Falconreach branch Yom E. C. Rup has this to say
quote:

It isss obviousssss our Pancakessss are the greatesssst thing sssssince anything if you would like sssome come on down and get half- priccce.

He denied being half snake when I asked him.

In some other news Drakath has been seen running around other dimensions laughing and mentioning chaos.

We wanted to interview Sepulchure on this all he said was

quote:

AQW is NOT cannon obviously because I am alive. HAHA... Ha Drakath is Dead!!!!!!

He then passed out. Yes, this was during my checkers game!

Speaking of Checkers, Xan is jealous because I beat his pants off. Ha Ha take that!

Now to Kinzville!

Kinzville's Part:

Welcome to back to TDLNND News! I hope you enjoyed, are very long commercial break! I'm Co-Anchor Kinz, bringing you an in-depth report from SPAAACE, but first the weather. Fire monsters + water weapons=steam! In related news the committee of dragon lords has deemed it unsafe to fly, in this steam. Onto the report, The Herocorps, now we have heard about them throughout this war, but I did a little research. This is the first war were the Herocrops were mentioned! Is this a new war clan on the rise? I set off to find out. I started by digging through some recordings of the war, known as “war threads”. Apparently the HeroCorps, is the name for the ragtag hero`s that protect Faclonreach. Not just a spoof of the LanternCrops after all. The Herocorps are made up of, goomi123kelz
sonic and insanity. It started out as a new name for the warmongers. Then it transformed into an official clan. Earlier today I managed to infatuate there base, and get an interview with the man in charge Goomi123.

quote:

Do you mind if I interview you for TDLNND?

I don't know what that stands for

Just, what are The Herocorps?

The hero corps is the army of Falconreach. I just felt that "call the heroes" made it sound like there was only a ragtag group of defenders.

How long have you been part of The Herocorps?

Ever since I made it up last night, I guess

What is the biggest wave count you have ever gotten in any DF war?

Probably like 1500(10) or something in the final 13th

What is you’re rank in The Herocorps?

Major general, I made the corps up

How long have you been a warmonger?

I personally feel I don't kill enough to be a warmonger, but I go at it with a warmonger attitude. Probably since the final 13th

In you’re opinion what was the best DF war EVER?

The raven loss one was pretty cool

In you’re opinion, what was the worst DF war EVER?

I didn't like the recent mogloween one.

What equipment, are you using in this war?

KAA, the skull ripper stuff with the galaxy stuff on show, Williams band, Akriloth necklace II, I forget the belt.

Before we finish this interview, is there anything you wish to say to our audience?

Thanks for having me. This war is pretty cool. I think the hob goblins look like gremlins. Um, the corps are great. *makes up inspirational speech*

Friends, family, warriors, rogues, mages, and any others, who are reading,
We all fight for something. Be it home, friends, town, or a love of killing. Never forget what you fight for, or else you will be no better then those you fight. Now FOR FAMILY! FOR FALCONREACH! FOR LORE! BATTLEON!

Tune in next time for my report, on why cute monsters, mean faster wars.

TDLNND Broadcast 3:

Kiinzville:
Welcome to TDLNND! The weather is windy today, with a chance of raining fish. Wait raining fish? CHISAGEN! We will be right back after a word from our sponsor.

Does you’re neighbor have a backyard pool? Do you envy his pool? WHILE ENVEY NO MORE! With Parasol Corporation® inset Acid Pool. Just break into you’re neighbor`s back yard, and pour some of the bright green powder into the pool! WIHLEA INSENT ACID POOL! Purchase one today!

And we are back! Now onto my report! Are 2 best wpm ever recorded happened during the plushy war, and this war. Both of those wars had cute monsters. Now a lot of people such as the lead spy of Swordhaven Megakyle have stated that it might be that this sounds like people who hate cuteness. Though on, one hand it could also be cute, defeat animations or wanting to see more and more of the monsters, thus doing more waves. Then I took a closer look. In the plushy war, are wave’s started speeding up when we were promised plushy pets. In this war the wave count started speeding up when we were promised Flare Imp Hats! In conclusion, it is not cue monsters that make us were harder after all, it is cute rewards. Now overe to you Dragonman.

Me:
Thank you Kinzville!

Today the war has jumped all the way up to 31% and we have only 3 days to get it to 50% or else no Fiery Imp hats!
Everyone loves Fiery Imp hats!

Speaking of cheesecake, Mayor Rayf is losing according to the polls. Could this be the end of his Reign of incompetent spending? Or arer these polls lying to us?

Researchers have discovered that the use of Nitroglycerin Sponges may cause insanity. Mages told these researchers

quote:

"NO, Duh"

Zorbak was involved in something he was embarrassed to admit yesterday.
Zorbak was found healing... and not the Imps us.

Zorbak had no comment.

Well that's all for today, remember to vote for dragonman for mayor!

TDLNND Broadcast 4:
Me:
Welcome to TDLNND News. I'm Co-Anchor dragonman66 wishing you all a happy birthday (if it's your birthday).

Today TDLNND's biggest fan The Odor went crazy and bothered my Co-host and I almost to death. He must have a bad case of mad fanboy-itis.

In other news it's time for a commercial break.

Buy Parasol Corporation Ice Cubes TM because normal ice cubes aren't trademarked.
"Parasol Corporation TM Live. Weirder."

In other news a mad case of signature swap has hit the community. Is this an Alien plot? Or is this just some silliness?

Drakath has been sighted again this time by twilly.

Twilly was to shocked to comment.

In an interview with Voidstar the Avatar of darkness (hard to get folks) he had this to say.

quote:

Please do not fall into the traps that will make you fight for the evil light. We are getting weaker. If we do not grow the darkness all of lore will fall.

You heard Voidstar, but is he lying or will lore really fall? Is the bad guy really light?

In some election news I have won the primaries I am officially the comedian representative.

More of that later on here'sKinzville at the debate. Good-bye for now Lore

The Debate: (Kinz)

Thank you, Dragonman. Hello this is Kinz live from the mayor debate! Dragon man will not be able to make this debate. Now the debate begins! I will be asking the questing for tonight's, debate.
Kins: Hello candidates, now onto our first question. What would you do to better the state of Falconreach?
Cryseo: I`ve never tried it but I’ve heard great things.
Mayor Rayf: Have people detonate gold! To me err I mean the town funds!
Artix: I would make people happy with my puns, kill all undead, and spice all food with wasabi!
Kinz: What IS you’re opinions on Bag Space?
Cyesero: I have been a long time champion of increased bag space for all players! I am dedicated to the idea that additional inventory space should be made as available as possible to all players at the lowest possible cost, without hurting DragonFable.
Mayor Rayf: Can you put gold in this bag space?
Artix: I think that we should forget about bag space, and even bank space. What matters is bank protection and killing undead!

Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Dragon Coins?
Cyerso: In my travels, I have to trade with entities all over the multiverse, and one of the most universally recognized currencies in all worlds is the Dragon Coin, the ancient coinage once used by the dragons of Lore. The Dragon Coin trade system ensures that even free players can have access to the most powerful weapons and items available. I stand for equal opportunities for all players!
Mayor Rayf: MONEY MONEY MONEY! *jumps up and down*
Artix: I believe undead slayer badges would make for better trade.
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Dragon Amulets?
Cysero: I want everyone to buy a Dragon Amulet! Then use it to but something in my store.
Mayor Rayf: No don`t buy one. Instead give that money to me!
Artix: I believe that though they are less powerful, even the amulet less, are still heroes!
Kins: What is you’re opinions on Social Security?
Cyero: I believe that a secure society is a healthy society. I have proposed, a revolutionary six point plan that basically boils down to everyone staying inside their houses and in their beds, all warm and cozy. What's more secure than a warm bed?
Mayor Ray: The cheaper the better.
Artix: I AM Social Security! *hero pose*
Kinz: What is you’re opinion on Health Care?
Cysero:, I believe that people should just stop getting sick. It would save everyone a lot of time and effort, As far as free dental care goes, Dr. Voltabolt is the only dentist that I know, fewer choices means simpler decisions!
Mayor Rayf: Cheaper the better
Artix: Just don`t become a zombie!
Kinz: What is you’re opinion on Design Notes?
Cyerso: I have not been on the design notes that much. For DF, but for Aqw!
Kinz: Don`t count!
Cyesro: Oh ok!
Mayor Rayf: Wait what?
Artix: Well I did a series of posts, near the end of the chapter!
Kinz: What is you’re opinion on Education?
Cysero: I know that the finest magical training available can be found in the Mage Tower in the city of Swordhaven. I have proposed a modest portal building campaign that will allow young mages all over Lore faster access to the Mage Tower. Over the course of the next several decades, the mages of Swordhaven would toil and labor to mine the necessary rare elements and stone - and build, by hand, each portal.
Mayor Rayf: The cheaper the better!
Artix: Paladin studies are the best kind!
Kinz: That’s all for this debate! DEBATE ON!

TDLNND Broacast mini:

I'm Dragonman66 with a mini TDLNND but first... if you've got a DVR fast forward ad time...

Buy Parasol Corporation® Assorted Deadly Viruses. Normal Viruses aren't harmful enough. If deadly is not good enough for you we also have the Zardbie virus (recalled temporarily).
Assorted Deadly Viruses can kill assorted people you dislike in assorted painful ways.
"Parasol Corporation®. Life. Weirder."

In my report today I would like to mention that the TDLNND blackout is over.

In related news, we reached 50%and earned the new weapon set.

Join us tomorrow with a look inside TDLNND studios and how we work. Also, expect to hear MY answers to the questions at the debate.

This is Anchorman66 saying "I'll be back!"

TDLNND broadcast 5:

Me:

Hello and welcome to TDLNND studios. I'm Co-Anchor and mayoral candidate dragonman66 starting you off on an in depth toour of TDLNND studios

This big red dragon shaped building right here is the studio. It waas founded by me last October and renovated a couple of days ago. We enter in mainly through it's roaring mouth 100 metres off the ground.

Now I'm sure you wonder how Kinzville and I know what to say how we broadcast it and how we afford t run all this... I'll start with a tour of the behind the scenes of the mail room.

Well here in the claw sticking in the ground... (not the one in the air lunging forward that's decorative) here is where Kinz, Legomaster, and I learn the news. This claw uses a vast amount of mana to track down good news like, ummm.... not that one.... oh here's one.

The space space space aliens space have space melted space all space the space ice space cream space outside space of space dragsvard space stop. Galanoth space is space receiving space much space money space for space his space new space ice space cream space stop. We then get rid of the the words space and stop unless we need them... make up or investigate for new facts and put this on the news... like this

All Ice cream not owned by Galanoth has been eaten or melted... evil alien plot or marketing scam... More at 10:00.

Kinz and I then send messages through our empathy link and figure out basically what to say.

Next off the recording studio... after this quick ad.

Parasol Corporation® Pirate Bodyguards: Ninja Assassins bother you? Me too. Buy pirate bodyguards feed 'em a healthy diet of pickled eggs, fish, and sea water and the'll beat them down like there's no tomorrow.

and that's how we afford to keep doing this our Parasol Corp® representative Zork Knight pays all of our expenses (including the campaign money).

So the recording studio, nothing much to see here but Xan holding on to a crystal ball that takes the sounds and sights of me and Kinz talking and transmits it into your mind... we call it TV or Telepathic Vision. Sow did I record Xan recording me, simple we took Xan made him go back in time and record me being recorded by him. Thank you Cysero...

Kinz will take you the rest of the way. through the transmitter, the radio room and anywhere else he feels like going. He'll also give some real news.

This is DM66 signing (and singing off (Doo-wop)

Bop a-dee boo bop doo-wop a wow.....

Kinz:

Thank you Dragon, Kinz here at the transmitter; you may have noticed that space is a bit tight up here. You see this room is mainly used by our tech crew of Gnomes and Sneevils! Our tech crew uses this gnome technology to transmit the Telepathic waves across Lore. There iris a hatch here *opens the hatch* as you can see we are on the roof now. This is the antennae *crystal ball pans out to show a giant ante* Now that’s get down from here, being to close to the antennae mess with the transmission. Now here we are in the radio room. As you can tell by the sign the radio is off air. Behind that glass are tech crew matinees the tech side of things. Out here one of the radio hosts records there lines and then slips in the record. It is normally Legomaster, but I do it sometimes to. Don`t forget to check out our hit radio program, Warreach Radio, on TDLNND radio! Now me and Lego started Wareach radio in the Final 13th war! Now our interdiemensaol radio station got ripped apart, by the rifts, and the other war media outlets I run merged with LNN, so we decided the radio should to! Now here we are in the weather room. I am standing in front of the weather map! AS you can see there will be a lot of moister in the area in the coming weeks! Now to commercial!

*cheesy jingle plays* is you’re grill just not cooking you`re tog burgers, good enough? *scene shows a warrior looking down at an undercooked tog burger* Cook you’re tog burgers better today, with the Parasol Corporation® Laser Grill! It`s not just a grill it can also cut meat, and you’re foes, with it`s high powered Lazar! *Lazar cracks the crystal ball*
And we are back. I am here with Dragonman, in the TDLNND interview room! As you can see *crystal ball pans out* the walls are all black, so are the carpets, and it has no windows! It has 2 comfy director type chairs, and a little pedestal with eggplant pie, and a glass of water! Or if the guest prefers milk and cookies! *holds up a plate of milk and cookies* Now since Dragonman missed the last debate, I will be getting his answers now, I have even added in some questions that were planed for the debate but were cut out!
Kinz: What would you do to better the state of Falconreach?
Dragonman: I would stop carelessly spending the money and hire teachers for the school.
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Bag Space?
Dragonman: It is an essential thing for the containing of items
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Dragon Coins?
Dragonman: hey are hard to come by, but essential to lore's economy
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Dragon Amulets?
Dragonman: They are wonderful; the powers they grant are still beyond our comprehension
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Social Security?
Dragonman: In my town our society will already be secure
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Health Care?
Dragonman: I don't CARE for government Issued health care
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Design Notes?
Dragonman: Design Notes? They are amazing and mystical looks into the future
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Education?
Dragonman: Education is the most important thing right now
Kinz: What is you’re opinions on Mole People?
Dragonman: They are awesome
Kinz: What are you’re opinions on, Chores?
Dragonman: as the great Chisagen said Boooring
Kinz: What are you’re opinions on Funny Hats?
Dragonman: While the recent frostval incident caused many to hate silly hats, I love them... I just hate the Tyranny Rolith threw along with them.
Kinz: Thank you Dragon!
Dragonman: You are welcome young news Jedi!
Ok now we don`t have time for a in-depth look but I am passing by the tech room, Dragonman`s election HQ, the corporate offices, the break room, and the meeting room were I will meet Zork and Dragon, after this broadcast to discuss a new news lead! Ok now for some real news. WE won the challenge to get 50 percent before Friday and got the weapon set. We lost the 50 percent by 6:00 challenge, so we have no hats. If we win the war by next Thursday, we get an imp plushy pet! ANCHOR MAN KINZ SIGNING OFF!

TDLNND Broadcast 6:

Me:

Welcome back to TDLNND I'm dragonman66 saying news thingies!

We are now at 67% and rising good job!.

This just in, the first people to be level 880 will be able to be level 80 at midnight, who will be the first... find out tomorrow!

Anyway I've decided to keep a list of people who will vote for me for mayor so far it is
Zork Knight
bob!!!
Kinzville
and me, of course... want to be added to the list. Just declare it in a post or PM me! Make your siggy say vote for dragonman66 or some other obvious thing to tell me you support me in this election.

Now here's a sponsor advertisement...

Buy Parasol Corporation® Candy Corn... no other candy corn rots your teeth this well... I've got nothing else

Speaking of Parasol Corp.® their lead weapon scientists discovered that the monolith weapons are actually from SPAAAACE! Being similar to the galaxy weapons which are from space they must be.

There are no coincidences!

You will vote for dragonman66.....

that was Xan our camera man. I'll add him to the list next time!

Now to you Kinzville!

Kinzville:

Thank you Dragon! The weather is cold breezes, throughout the night, and small showers! Now to commercial!

*cheesy jingle plays* THIS MESSAGE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY PARASOL HUMAN AND GOBLIN TRAFFICKING: Parasol Corporation® Sneevil Butler, the best darn butler product since: Parasol Corporation® wolverine Butler! *cheesy jingle plays*

And we are back! Now onto to what people really care about: THE NEWS! There has been talk that TDLNND may not be truthful; I assure we are 100 percent truthful! Earlier today the latest election poll results cam out and here they are!

FALCONREACH MAYOR POLLS!
Dragonman: 4
Tomix: 1
Cysero: 145
Artix: 0
Mayor Rayf: 0

It seems Cysero is in the lead, you can guess how that happened! ,*glares at Cyserso`s defenders* Wait this just in, there have been rumors, of ballet stuffing *glares at Cyserso`s defenders* The votes are being recounted! This anchor man Kinz saying: VOTE FOR DRAGONMAN!

TDLNND 7:
Me :

Hello I'm Dragonman66 with a short TDLNND update today.

First off the list of people voting for me
Zork Knight
bob!!!
Kinzville
Xan
The Odor
Dornalca
djkramer123
100Rob123
and me!

You can still let me know if you want to vote for me for mayor...

Do wee feed our Dragons too much?
Studies show that feeding your dragon every day without training it can lead it to be fat and lazy... The answer train your dragon!

Now a short note from our sponser

Having troubles with blue robots? Specifically ones with laser cannons? Look no farther.. Dr Wiley's Parasol Corporation® Death Spikes will get rid of them. No money back Guarantee!

In other news I need new news leads... If you have a good lead for me drop me or a PM!

Breaking Development... Today Baron Dante was the first to level 80 he (and second place Keldor) found out that level 81 has been released!!! Shocking!!!

Now to Kinzville, (if he's ready)

TDLNND 8:
Kinz:

Hmm I guess I shall start tonight!

Hi Kinz here. Now the weather today is windy with a chance of lighting. Now a short commercial break!

Ever feel too healthy? Well never again with. Parasol Corporation® Assorted Deadly Viruses! Available in the Doomwood Pharmacy!

And we are back. Our biggest fan The Odor reached his goal of: 8000 normal waves and 38 rare waves! CLAP CLAP! A special shop is now live in Falconreach! It is the Year of the Dragon. Off to Dragon,if he is on.

Me:

Thanks Kinzville...

Rumors have been spreading around that the Atealans will be teaching us in their fighting arts... While no Atealans would comment we believe that there is good reason to expect class training soon...

In other news the shock of level 81 was proven to be a bug. Being a bug (A wasp to be specific) it was squashed by Rolith... I guess e'll have to wait longer to get there.

Now for the list of people who are voting for me!
Zork Knight
bob!!!
Kinzville
Xan
The Odor
Dornalca
djkramer123
123Rob100
and Me

You can still vote and get a free invisible bumper sticker... You know you want it!!

Now we should all celebrate coming into the Year of the Dragon (Fable) by fighting in this war so we can get to the boss...

Remember if you have a good News lead feel free to PM me! We love to hear your imput!

See you all next time...

TDLNND 9:
Kinz:

Hi Kinz here and welcome to TDLNND! First of all say hello to our new intern. DASH! Dash Is Ash`s 2nd cousin twice removed. He looks just like Ash except that he is taller, has a mustache, and has a thick accent. Thank you for bringing my coffee, Dash. We also have a new technomancer on the tech crew. He is setting up an emergency broadcast system. Now for a short break.

Tried of paying too much for you’re candies? Well forgot those Cauldron Sisters with Parasol Corporation® Candy Corn! "Parasol Corporation®. Life. Weirder."

And we are back. In war news we are nearing wars end. We are at 91%! We have a good speed for a weekday. This war shall be finished in no time. It looks like TEH IMP PLUSHIE will soon be ours! Page 19 was claimed in the name of our studio! TDLNND super fan The Odor is now level 79. The day shift warmongers have left and the nightshift is now here. The war will stay for about a week after it hit 100 for all those wondering. There is also a newly discovered fire place avatar! The great Captain has released the level 80 tier DoomKnight items. The Pebble has announced that 2011 was a Loreian Leap Year! On February 29th, 2012, you'll be able to get Togslayer, gather "coal" from a random quest filled with togs and train the armor up. Now I am turning the mic over to Dragon.

Me:
Thanks Kinzville!

I'm reporting that there has been some mysterious activity in the Sandsea, but I'm probably making this up on the spot so I'll get on to real news...

Like the list of people who are voting for me!

Zork Knight
bob!!!
Kinzville
Xan (My celebrity endorsement)
The Odor
Dornalca
djkramer123
123Rob100
Prince Amrod
Wraith
and Me

Free invisible bumper stickers for all of you!!

If our WPM keeps u we will have on this war before 8:00 tomorrow... Who is leading these impudent infernals? Find out tomorrow(If all goes well)!

Next off I'd like to say a couple words to all you warmongers....
"Good Job."
Well I said them...

In other news, an assassin in Swordhaven was caught moments before killing Alteon... that's some good luck

Dragonman66 saying Vote for me and signing off.

TDLNND 10:

Kinz:
Hi Kinz here and welcome to TDLNND. Our current speed is 151 wpm. At this speed it will take us 23 hours and 31 minutes to finish this war. We are 3% away from 100 percent. Now for a short break.

Are portals and rifts to uncreative for you’re likes? Well try something new with the Parasol Corporation® Black Hole-Generating Cannon! "Parasol Corporation®. Life. Weirder."

And we are back. The specter of epicenes Ghost has declared a war challenge! If we manage to beat the war a full day ahead of the challenge, Ghost will make a special imp pet to go with the imp plushy from the other challenge. In honor of his birthday True Mortal has crafted the Glaive of the Orb! Available in Falconreach now! Some warmongers were almost pulled over and given a speeding ticket for warring to fast earlier today! We are most likely slowing done because it is night time in several parts of the world. Rumor has that Warlic disappearance could be related to this war! Nythrea, the fairy’s, and elementals refused to cement. Now to Dragon who is interviewing the great Baron Dante!

Me:
Thank You Kinz Today I haave an interview with Baron Dante , but first...

Rolith has announced that 42294053 different heroes live in the Falconreach area. That's a heck of a lot of heroes!

Here is my Interview with Baron Dante!

quote:

So Mr. Dante you made it to level 81 first correct?

Nope. It was either Evans or Keldor that did. I was the third one due to, well, let's say illness. I did reach 80 first though.

My mistake... I got those mixed round, how does it feel to know that you are at least level ahead of most everyone in the whole of Lore?

It's not as much as being ahead of others... I just can reach the next cap earlier. :P

So how do you feel about this war?

Well, FIRE!. Err, the army we are facing is the 3 biggest in our known history, and I've already decided who is behind all this. Other than that, I was annoyed that not being on the level cap when it started meant limited waves per day.

Who do you believe is behind this?

Well, it's a common theory that these Ataleans or whatever we are saving this time, are an "alternative" versions of us. We also know Xan is being the main villain. It would logically follow the BRAIN of thought that we are dealing with AlienXan. (Of course, his name is different, and his face might not be burning)

Nice theory! Do you have any shout outs you'd like to make?

Hmm, shout outs? As in, I shout from the top of my lungs like THIS IS BATTLEON!!?!, as in a random reference to something nobody has ever heard of like invading squid, or as in shout out to people?

I'll have to give my shoutout for Keldor. He came incredibly close to beating me to level 80, and was a main motivator of mine to keep going. And everyone else for being so awesome. 'Cause I'm corny like that.

One last question... vote for me?

As the president of Finland? Okay. The election is in two weeks ^_^

No Mayor of Falconreach!! :P Well thank you for your time.

Now for the list of people voting for me
Zork Knight
bob!!!
Kinzville
The Odor
Dornalca
djkramer123
123Rob100
Prince Amrod
Wraith
Baron Dante
~SoaringAbove~
Dragos Chronos
Angelixx The Good
Faerdin
plue344
DoomCake1234
and Me

Hopefully this will be the last update... War on everybody!

TDLNND 11:

Welcome to the last edition of TDLNND for this war...

WE WON!!! and we got SPECIAL IMP PETS!

Congrats to everyone...

Parasol Corporation® Light-Absorbing Shields Just in case you happen to be the Mysterious Stranger, or just like the dark.

Special shout out to my voters!
Zork Knight
bob!!!
Kinzville
The Odor
Dornalca
djkramer123
123Rob100
Prince Amrod
Wraith
Baron Dante
~SoaringAbove~
Dragos Chronos
Angelixx The Good
Faerdin
plue344
DoomCake1234
Ace127
The Cow says MOO
Axel459
Deviance
dragon deamon
The Master
Necro Berserk
bobeee
smartman294
and Me

because all of them had a significant impact on this war... for those of you who are not yet part of the DM66 campaign, it's not to late! Go ahead and support change for good!

Thank you to everyone who supported our side of the war. It's been an honor serving with you again.

Dragonman66 Signing off!

< Message edited by dragonman66 -- 1/28/2012 15:10:24 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/13/2012 22:07:06   
Razen

A Calm Bolt:

I was at a standstill, the wind was so tranquil...I removed my leather boots, and placed my feet into the deluge. A thin bolt of lightning struck down from the mighty holder of the tempests. I donned my tattered footwear, yet recollected before daring to venture near the impact zone. I felt an ominous aura at the time, as though I was foreshadowing a horrific future event. I shrugged and decided to continue to the site, regardless of possible consequences due to the unnerving curiosity.

A harsh bolt of electricity rushed into my flesh, then a deafening call rung in my eardrums. I believe it went like this, "Water Mage! Hear my voice, this being is a golem capable of handling storms and casting bolts down to smite those who ask for such punishment! Take this construct, from which came from Skybearer's Temple! But, beware, I sent this not for naught. I trust you, Illinar, to know when the times nears..." I knew little of what the being was referring to and none of what actually sent this...creature...to me.

I knew that I was going to ask Serenity at the Inn if she had ever heard or seen of anything of this nature...the trek back was not fun either, I had seen these bizarre portals...and people with a pale, almost gray purple skin and horns! Horns! They were in awe at the being that followed me, I knew not if they felt praise or deathly terror. But, I decided to ask to find out...how foolish in hindsight. All they told me was, "Blue! Blue! Blue Golem of Lightning to strike down the blasphemous flames!" I understand nothing of what was spoken, for it was all rushed and slurred by the hurry and hassle.

Then, I saw...more of these odd portals cut into the fabric of my home plane and begin tearing away at it. More beings entered from the rifts...though, they were different. There were golems akin to the one sent to me, but they were all red, a deep red. And small, goblin-like beings of orange and red spurted rapidly from the cuts of dimensional material. I hoped that the Golem that I was granted knew what to do or at least understood what was going on, for I was lost in the webs of this mystery.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/13/2012 22:32:49   
drinde

Fire surged through the trees. Ashes fell, scattering among the bush.

A ChickenCowLord was about to be roasted.

"Something smells delicious", the Tog upon his head commented.

Ignoring the talking tog, he strode forward, chopping away the forest brush.

Hearing the sound of laughter ahead, he charged, flailing wildly with his axe.

A cluster of diminutive beings were in his part. Orange, crimson, yellow, they were a motley bunch all right. One of them grinned and crooked a finger at the ChickenCowLord.

Why they looked like frogs, he knew not. But the huge fireball headed his way made the ChickenCowLord certain that these creatures were not to be underestimated.

< Message edited by drinde -- 1/14/2012 5:32:38 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/14/2012 20:27:17   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

I looked up from where I was lounging with Ragnarok, my dragon and close friend. There it was again. The tingling I'd been feeling for two weeks now. A tingling that had been daily getting stronger. The air was charged with an electric current, stirring something in my blood. I looked over to Ragnarok. He felt it, too.

A brief look at a calandar proved my suspicions. It was Friday the Thirteenth. War was upon us. I stood up, brushing off my mage robes and heading to the best vantage point I knew, a cliff's edge next to the Tower. I could see just about everything from up here.

Still not comfortable with the vantage point, I, after going to a place where we couldn't hurt anyone or anything (one time of an errant tail swipe knocking a hole in the Guardian Tower and everyone thinks you're a menace), I pulled out my dragon amulet, focusing on its magical energies that connected me to Ragnarok. I felt the familar heat as it responded, heeding my call. It steadily grew hotter and brighter, to the point where I could no longer hold it. Letting it go, I watched through half-closed eyes as it floated towards Ragnarok, spinning in slow, lazy circles. When it was a few inches from him, it exploded in a violent burst of light and heat, engulfing us both.

When the spots cleared, there he was. Standing proudly in all his titan glory. Holding out my hand as the amulet returned to me, cool to the touch as its duty was done, I swiftly mounted Ragnarok's back, noting absently that my mage garb had changed from the simple robes I usually wore to the proud armor of the Dragon Lord.

With two strong beats of his wings, we were airborn. Finally I was at a vantage point I was happy with. Telling Ragnarok that he was high enough we started circling the area surrounding Falconreach. When I spotted the portal I was initally wary, following the strange beings from my place in the air. Seeing that they were welcomed in, I let their strangeness go. They probably thought that humans were strange looking, after all.

The portal was back. Wary of it for reasons I was unsure of, I circled back towards it.

Fire monsters! Of a type I had never before seen. Feeling Ragnarok's energy lagging slightly, I steered him towards the place where we took off from, swiftly dismounting. Pulling out the amulet, I again focused on it, willing it to transform us back to the way we had been before. Again it grew steadily hotter and brighter. Again it exploded in a burst of light and heat. Once I was back in my mage garb, and had re-equiped my armor and gear, I focused once more on the amulet, recognizing the need for one more thing.

In front of my eyes elemental symbals circled, all of them offering themselves for our use. I absently noticed that Ice, Energy, Darkness, Wind, and Light had smaller and brighter symbols hovering next to them. The Primal elements. Reaching out mentally, as I had long since learned that these symbols were for my eyes only and was tired of the looks people gave when I reached out physically, I selected the Primalized element of Ice, watching it spin off towards Ragnarok and light on him with a momentary flash.

Preparations complete, we headed towards the forming war camp. Apparently we had taken longer to prepare than we thought. Quickly rushing into the battle, we started the familiar, comfortable routine of slaying every monster in our path. Falconreach would not be breached this time.

The smell of death and burnt flesh hit my nose as I looked over the battlefield. It was a familar smell. One I was painfully too used to smelling.

Looking out from where I was currently taking a small rest, I looked at the piles of bodies. This was a thing I was also far too used to seeing. I winced as the memory of a body I did not want to remember came to mind. Lady Celestia. The kindest soul I ever met, and probably the least deserving of the hand the Fates had dealt her.

Sometimes I was weary of it. The near constant wars. A very few times I nearly threw down my weapon and yelled to the world 'I'm done! I'll have no more part in these deaths!' Then something would happen. Someone who didn't deserve it was injured. It was the world's cruel way of reminding me just why I did this. I stained my hands so deeply with blood no amount of washing could ever cleanse them. All so that somone else didn't have to. The Fates were cruel. But they were also impartial. They didn't care if I gave up or not. If I quit, someone would take my place. That was life and, as they say, the way the cookie crumbled.

Shaking my head of these thoughts, I stood up and, donning my helm and picking up my water scythe, whistled sharply. At my call Ragnarok flew over, landing next to me and looking at me expectantly.

"Breaks over, my friend," I said. "Let's go kill some Imps."

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 1/26/2012 4:31:33 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
1/18/2012 21:55:19   
Lady_Dragonrider

~~~~Poems~~~~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Not your Normal Friday the 13th
All paladins willed
For undead to spill
Onto the plane
For killing undead, was their middle name
It was how their glory was gained
But alas, none of that today
A sphere-shaped rift -- a rip in dimensions
Appeared and filled all with apprehension
A people of purplish hue
Came streaming though
Fallowed by a fiery doom
Of imps, Kilhohs, fiendshrooms,
And hobgoblin promising gloom
Warrior and mace
Mage and wand
Rouge and dagger
Pirate and gun
Ninja and katana
Soulweaver and chain
Dragonslayer and sward
Ranger with bow and arrow
Cronos’ with time
All these and more
Fight wave after wave
In order to save
The Atealans

~~~~~Stories~~~~~

The Rifts
Chapter one
The New Land
It fluctuated, and then held. A long tunnel of lighting-like energy and purple swirling clouds opened in front of me. This was our only way out, we did not know were it went, we could only hope that it was safer then her. If it was, our mission would be complete.

I paused; a chill ran up and down my spine. Suddenly the clouds seemed to be snarling, the lighting was hissing. Claws were waiting for me at the end. Tha’vok must have known how I felt, he lightly touched me. “Time to go.” He sounded like he was comforting a child, but I was no child.

Taking a quick breath I set a foot on the mass of clouds. Instantly I felt shockingly cold. The clouds and energy mixed into a solid blur of purple and blue with short burst of light. Suddenly I felt a wind, and next think I knew I was in a forest. The ground was squishy, damp and moss filled. I could make out a few trees and bushes; the rest was covered in mist. Something about the air was different, I could not identify what, but it was there.

I stepped to the left, and Tha’vok appeared beside me. He smiled. “This looks promising.” In the dim light I didn’t see at first what it was, but as the mist moved I saw it. A path, faint and small wound its way among the trees. The tracks did not look animal like, this creature walked on two legs, similar to us. The shape was also similar. “This way.” Tha’vok was once again the quicker of us two, he knew from the track which way the being was going.

After a few moments the path turned wider, the mist gradually faded and ground became firm. As we rounded a bend we saw it, a huge white wall rose up in front. Two heavily guarded doors were just opening as the first rays of light touched this strange world. A huge tree near the path cast a long shadow that reached to the gate. A merchant approached, the guards just simply nodded and let him pass.

Eager to see inside we walked up to the gate. “Who are you?” A guard asked as we approached. “We are travelers and mean you no harm.” I Answered. The guard stared at us for a long moment. He turned to the others, and after a brief conversation, they let us pass.

The rest of the day we rested in the shade. When night fell we got up and observed the town. It was one of those towns that is never fully asleep. Despite the late hour people still roamed the streets, a few shops were still opened, and the inns became lively. We separated for a bit, and then met back up in one of the place they called a ‘park.’

“What did you find?” Tha’vok asked as I sat down next to him under a tree. “The people don’t seem to mind us.” He nodded thoughtfully. “Good, two days from now we’ll report back --tell them we have found the perfect spot.”
Two days, and in those two days no one bothered them, a sure sign that the other would be accepted. Under a cloudy sky Tha’vok went out of the gate, just as the guards were closing it. They took no notice of him. The setting sun made the wall shadow reach all the way to the forest’s edge. From there he stuck to the tree shadows until the last sun ray faded. Reaching the spot of the rift he took out a gem and held it up. The gem sparkled for a brief moment, the recreated the rift. He took out his single light and shined it into the gem, then directed the beam into rift. The light made it to the other side, for in the next moment three Atealas appeared- two boys and a girl. “This is. . .?” the older boy asked. “No time, the other will be here!” The four backed away from the portal as more Atealas pored though.

On the other side
FHOOSH! Trigis barely dodged the fiery blast. The heat seemed to rip through his armor burning his skin. Ignoring the pain he focused his energy on the staff in his hand. An icy flow of air raced from the tip and hit the laughing imp that had caused him the pain. The moment the imp explode two others took his place, one used the explosion to send a fast burst at Trigis.

Trigis titled his staff to the right; he felt the chill though his gloves as the ice shield blocked the blast. “Rift Opened!” The call was from his leader, with a few quick thrust he finished off the imps, then rushed to protect the line of civilians moving towards the rift.

Around him people yelled, children cried, imps laughed. The air was heavy with the smell of ash and burning hair. Fire balls and streams of heat flew every which way. Most of the blasts did not directly hit, but the heat did lots of damage. The imps especially seemed fond of severely burning their targets, rather then killing them. They would laugh, a bone-tingling mind-numbing laugh—a laugh that made the heart fear. Some of the blasts could be easily deflected, but others seemed unstoppable.

As the soldiers made a defensive formation around the civilians they let their shields combine power, this way they could not attack with the staffs, but the shield was enough to deflect 99% of the blasts. This was not the only rift, hundreds all around started to open up.

Many days and nights they had spent trying to make a rift that would lead them away from their enslavement. After trying every possible place they had been to or heard they were ready to give up. Then one of leaders got a brilliant idea, why not let the rift go were it wanted to? They made a simply rift and let it choose its own path, a dangerous thing. For one never know were the rift would lead. It could lead to the space between places, the space that killed all living. However they were ready to take that chance. The magic shield that had blocked all other rifts was weakened enough to allow them to send two Atealas through. As time went on, the magic barrier was nearly destroyed.

“That’s the last of them let’s move!” The leader shouted. As Trigis entered the rift he felt the air turn cold, but with it came the calmness of knowing darkness awaited him on the other side. And it was a good kind of darkness--he noticed as he exited the rift--not a star in the sky, nor a moon in sight. A light frost covered the ground. The air crackled with cold. The chill did not bother him, or his kin. They were used to such weather.

< Message edited by Lady_Dragonrider -- 2/15/2012 21:48:49 >
DF  Post #: 8
1/20/2012 15:33:39   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Friday the 13th

Darkness rose,
on Friday the 13th.
Shadow fought,
on Friday the 13th.
Undead lived,
on Friday the 13th.
People died,
on Friday the 13th.

War approached,
on Friday the 13th.
But little benownst,
on Friday the 13th.
That rifts awoke,
on Friday the 13th.
The Inferno approached,
on Friday the 13th.
Fire galore,
on Friday the 13th.
Fell on Lore,
on Friday the 13th.

The laughing flame,
came wave on wave.
The fire bright,
burned through the night.
And darkness fell,
the firey hell,
that poured through the reach
of the ever spreading rifts.

So Fire rose,
on Friday the 13th.
And upon rows and rows,
on Friday the 13th.
Came the awesome heroes,
on Friday the 13th.
who epically pwned! BATTLEON!

...on Friday the 13th.

Fighting the fire

To the tune of Dovakiin.

Sp-on-ges
Sp-on-ges
Sp-on-ges
Sp-on-ges
Sp-on-ges
Sp-on-ges
Spoooooooooooooooooooooooonges!

Catapult! Catapult!
It’s the enemies fault!
They came through the rift!
And attacked us now!
And their fiery wrath,
Will be beaten back
By the power of ice and spo-nges!

Kilhoes, imps. All on fire,
Purple rifts. Purple men,
Flames, pyres. Burning fires,
SPOOOONGES!

(Wait until 2:09.)

We will win! With a sponge!
Of nitro-glycerine!
And the fire, oh the fire
Will goooooo!
And the purple people will be freed at last!

Catapult! Catapult!
It’s the enemies fault!
They came through the rift!
And attacked us now!
And their fiery wrath,
Can be beaten back
By the power of ice and spo-nges!

< Message edited by Varen6398 -- 1/21/2012 13:14:45 >
DF  Post #: 9
1/22/2012 13:34:35   
Necro-Knight

Since I can see just how close we are to finishing this conflict with the Infernal's, I figured I would write a war-song much like the ones that went around during mogloween. ^^ (Based off of the song "When we stand together" by Nickelback~

*Stands up on a large rock in the center of the battlefield, Mritha Fallen by his side. After a moment or two, the two's voices ring out over the battlefield in unison!*

The Atealan are depending on us
And we must earn their trust
Warriors gathering everywhere
For another war-filled day

There's arrows flying through the air
And we still BATTLE ON!
We’ve seen many friends lost
But no MORE!

Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
We must stand together
There's no giving in
Hand in hand forever
That's when we’ll all win
That's, that's, that's when we’ll all win

They tell us everything's been taken
That it all was burned
How can we fall asleep at night
When someone’s lost so much
When we could save this world
much like we saved our own!
So we’ll all honor the call
and save them all!

We must stand together
There's no giving in
Hand in hand forever
That's when we’ll all win
That's, that's, that's when we all win

The right thing to guide us
Is right here inside us
No one can divide us
When our hope is nearly gone

But just like a heartbeat
The war drum carries on
And the drum beat carries on

We must stand together
There's no giving in
Hand in hand forever
That's when we all win

~Signature removed.
Mritha

< Message edited by Mritha -- 1/24/2012 15:14:07 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
1/23/2012 13:31:35   
bulbaman1

It was a calm peaceful night in Falconreach. The night sky was once again lit with the stars that had been blocked by the darkness dracolich last year. The guardians stood watch over the gates vigilantly, ensuring that no threat would come to harm the citizens of the town. I leaned on the side of the wall alone. Such a peace was good for Falconreach after the invasion of Sepulchure’s undead that shattered the feeling of safety for many. I begin to float down the street towards my home until I hear a guardian call out. He rushes to me and reveals the nature of his haste. He proceeds to inform me of strange purple beings that are lurking outside of the city. I have been asked to come and investigate them. I arrive at the eastern gate to find the guardians waiting. Standing opposite to them are purple humanoids. They have a bizarre appearance of hooves, claws, and horns that clearly mark them as not of this world. I approach one of the adult males to inquire about their origins, but I don’t make it to him. A large blast of fire suddenly erupts through the gates and sends both groups sprawling to the ground in tremendous force. I stagger to the ground and try to focus after the surprise attack. I look up expecting a large dragon or a salamander, but I see neither of those. There standing in the archway is a short, pudgy, and orange goblin-like creature. I stand there, not sure on what I should do, when I see it beginning to glow with a fiery aura. I jump towards the creature and summon a chronosphere around me. The attack hits me dead on, but the orb protects me and prevents the fire from incinerating the ones behind me. The guardians have managed to regroup and launch an attack on the creature. It becomes scared and runs off into the forest. The guardians lower their swords and turn to the next matter at hand. We gather the wounded, guardian and creature alike, and take them to be treated in the tower. I manage to get some words from the beings when they are able to answer my questions. The creature that attacked them was referred to by them as an imp. It was just one of a race of infernals that had caused such destruction on their planet that they were forced to flee through rifts in space. They arrived here on Lore confused and lost. When they discovered our town they wished to observe and find shelter in an attempt to survive. It appeared as if though the creatures came after them through the holes in reality. I left the tower after informing the guardians on what I had learned. Then I proceeded out the eastern gate to seek out more information. As I went into Surewood forest to search for the imp that had escaped our attack earlier, I was interrupted. Before me there was a flash then a sound of crackling of raw energy as if time and space were being ripped apart from each other. I was more accurate with that statement that I realized. There before me a crack was in the air itself. The crack then proceeded to grow larger into a tear, then a hole in reality itself. I braced myself for an attack of imps that might flow through the portal, but to my surprise it was no such thing. Before me stood a male of the purple creatures, along with a female and a child in her arms. They were afraid when they saw me there. They probably didn’t expect to see another type of humanoid on the other side of the portal. I presented myself to them and told them my name. I informed them that the other refugees had made it into our city and were safe in the tower. They smiled when they heard that information, but the joy was short lived. Something else was coming through the portal after them. I ushered them to safety behind some trees and rocks then returned to face what was coming out of the hole. In a burst of flames that engulfed both me and the site of landing, a group of about 5 monsters came out. I clutched my dragon amulet and prepared to summon my dragon, but a blast from one of the creatures sent me flying back before I could perform the action. It then continued to laugh at me and literally fell to the ground in hysterical laughter. While it was distracted I launched myself at it with Blink and it fell to the ground in a crumpled heap. I then struck the flaming mushroom with my axe, but it fled back through the portal as quickly as it came. The three that remained were two orange imps and red one that wore a hat that resembled a wizard’s. A pillar of fire engulfed me as the imps unleashed their deadly attack upon me in an instant. I grab my amulet a second time and am able to summon my dragon this time. My dragon screams out of the sky and aims for one of the orange imps. The imps see it coming and jump out of the way to dodge the incoming attack. The distraction frees me from the towering pillar of inferno so I can recover from the damage I have taken. I heal my wounds quickly and reenter the fray of battle. My dragon has beaten one of the two orange imps and is working on the second. I turn my attention to the final red imp. A duel between magicians usually is a source of explosive force. I swing at him three times with Record, but all but one of the attacks miss him and he counters by sending more pillars of flame towards me. Taking heavy damage and being blinded by the intense light, I fire off Chronolock towards the imp. It misses and I am left at the mercy of the creature. I then hear a shout and as I focus I see the male of the purple creatures standing over the unconscious body of the red imp. I thank the creature with the utmost gratitude and then ask him to help me with sealing the spinning, energized portal. After my first several attempts I discover that the portal can’t be sealed with duct tape, nailed up with boards, or have a cloth thrown over it and be left ignored. The purple creature claims that we will need the other creatures in order to seal it shut. With the risk of more infernals entering Lore through it I have a thought. I lock the portal inside a large time orb which should prevent any more infernals entering our world to escape. With the path clear I walk the refugees back through the gates of Falconreach and inform the guardians of the locked portal in the forest. They assure me it will be guarded and kept shut off so no other infernals may come through it. I return to the guardian tower only to find that there are more purple beings now then when I had left. I am rushed to Oaklore Keep on griffon-back and meet up with captain Rolith. I tell him about my success in Surewood, but he is not as pleased about it as I am. He explains to me that rifts have been opening all over Lore and that one rift hardly makes a difference. When I ask what the plan of action is he merely replies to me with “War.”
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
1/26/2012 17:49:55   
Tac

We took the challenge,
it was quite the feat.
They looked down upon us,
as if we were beat.
But we rallied together,
accepted no defeat.
Swords, staves, daggers,
there was no retreat.
With vigor in our hearts,
we stood against the fiery elite.
A final effort, one last push,
and the challenge was complete.
This poem is for you heroes,
who's fighting spirit did not deplete.
Now we've won the imps,
enjoy the treat.

Signature removed. -Faerdin

< Message edited by Faerdin -- 11/22/2012 18:08:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =DF= Rift War Poetry and Stories
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition