Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (Pre-DF) Past Present Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (Pre-DF) Past Present Discussion
Page 4 of 13«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/18/2012 16:17:25   
Razen

Well, I'm pretty sure a Darkness Angel would be plenty happy enough to teach people about Darkness if they help save an entire temple. Just remember to reference Lord Sytril if you do go with my idea. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
2/18/2012 16:22:20   
Glais

I honestly don't know mich about him.

I was also throwing around the idea of referencing BrightMist somehow. Perhaps in the Mage's attempts to create Light Sentinels, there was one Darkness one made, and that's the trainer...
DF MQ  Post #: 77
2/18/2012 17:27:46   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Well, I was thinking about the Embodiments that roam Ravenloss for Darkness as these combine the knowledge of a people with an element.

@Razen: Is Aisha's mother a dragon or an Ice Elf? What about Aisha herself? Is she part elven or fully draconic?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
2/18/2012 17:43:29   
Glais

As far as I know, Aisha is a full Dragon. She jsust shapeshifts into Elf form like Nythera's mother shifts to a human one.

Ah right the RavenLoss Embodiments. Though, those were emotions. I guess the same thing could apply maybe.

EDIT: Anyhow, the important thing is these fit with the atmosphere of the story. So while I still appreciate input, whether they go in or not...just depends.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/18/2012 18:27:45 >
DF MQ  Post #: 79
2/18/2012 20:32:48   
Mordred

For Energy, I'm definitely thinking an orcish archer/engineer. Who solves problems. With guns. And if that don't work? More guns.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 80
2/18/2012 21:01:25   
Glais

Basically More Dakka personified?
I think I might use that combined with another idea I have. Thanks!
DF MQ  Post #: 81
2/19/2012 19:59:13   
lordkaho
Creative!

Well, it seems Razen has covered everything I was going to say, heh.

Anyway, Is Emotion a new addition prior to the edit? I don't remember him from my first read of Chapter 2.

quote:

Unlike Sepulchure and other DoomKnights, this one wore armor only on his chest, forearms, and shins.

Err...This is supposed to be before DF right? And since we are loosely going with the Inquisition's timeline, Sir Pulchure doesn't become a Doom Knight long after Innocentius (or the Order for that matter) is dead and is Alteon even born by this time? So mentioning him feels somewhat out of place.

By the way, this Drageth guy and that Doom Knight. Phase 1 End Boss?
DF MQ  Post #: 82
2/19/2012 21:02:24   
Glais

Sorry, Sepulchure was given only as a visual aid. He is definitely not around yet. I will remove that to prevent confusion.

And more or less, yes to the second question.

No, Emotion's always been there, he's a major plot point and I made sure to include him from the start.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/19/2012 21:04:05 >
DF MQ  Post #: 83
2/19/2012 21:24:15   
lordkaho
Creative!

Oh, my bad then.

Anyway, can you shed some light on how the brother of Drahzn managed to become acquaintances with a friggin' DoomKnight?
DF MQ  Post #: 84
2/19/2012 21:27:53   
Glais

Well, in AQ basically Drageth's tied to Dhows, the Mysterious Stranger of that timeline. Of course, the timeline splits have not occurred yet so that makes things difficult...but I am working to make it work as to how Drageth's still involved with the ShadowScythe.
Key word being...oh wait no, too many spoilers there.

One thing I can say is basically here, the ShadowScythe are struggling compared to DF. They're in almost as bad shape as they are in AQW. Drageth, being a wealthy Prince can aid them in exchange for power.

The main thing to remember is Drageth wasnot an original character as Drahzn was. However, it might be changed in the final version so as to not collide with info from AQ. As Dhows was apparently faking the ShadowSythe or something like that.

And loosely based on Inquisition time...did I mess up something? D:
Maybe I just mistook your sentence.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/19/2012 21:29:35 >
DF MQ  Post #: 85
2/19/2012 21:36:00   
lordkaho
Creative!

Oh, well I never knew of Drageth's existence before reading this so thanks on clarifying that.

quote:

And loosely based on Inquisition time...did I mess up something? D:
Maybe I just mistook your sentence.

Nah, it's just about the Sepulchure confusion thing, since by the time Innocentius is 'dead', Sir Pulchure would still be a squire or something.

DF MQ  Post #: 86
2/19/2012 21:43:30   
Glais

Ah, well that part's been changed anyways so there shouldn't be a problem now. I never intended for Sepulchure to be around. Do NOT want him hijacking this story heh, I don't even like him...

And just a heads up, this chapter will probably be the last time Innocentius appears for a while though it will have a very lasting impression on the story.

Wel this way, I don't risk any awkward lines. I have been feeling a bit shaky on my dialogue lately...
DF MQ  Post #: 87
2/19/2012 21:47:25   
lordkaho
Creative!

Nah, it's good.

That part about him venturing elsewhere already points out some obvious hints.

Anyway, is Emotion somehow related to Embodiments?
DF MQ  Post #: 88
2/19/2012 21:52:49   
Glais

Oh he's not quite ready to leave yet. But I don't want to spoil the ending.

As for Emotion, not directly. In a roundabout way you could say he is, but I wouldn't think too much on it.
DF MQ  Post #: 89
2/22/2012 3:44:42   
Glais

Chapter 3 is officially done guys.

I may need some help refining Innocentius' dialogue though. I'm having trouble giving him that "dignified" sort of speech LK gives in his Hounds of God story...

Anyhow, this sets up the main plot I hope. 2/3 of the main antagonists have now been revealed. Or well all 3 have, but 2 have been seen.

EDIT:And I have decided on my Darkness Trainer. Unsure about Wind. No idea on Energy or Ice.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/22/2012 3:46:25 >
DF MQ  Post #: 90
2/22/2012 6:56:20   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@glaisaurus_x: I take it the knights of Riverine Keep differ from your standard virtue's embodiment.

What are the trainers supposed to teach the "weapons"?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 91
2/22/2012 7:13:12   
Razen

All I say now is...Oh dear...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
2/22/2012 10:52:35   
Glais

@Dweling DragonLord:Riverine is basically where they'll be dealing with Fire and heat, as well as some basic fighting training to build on what they were unknowingly learning at WillowShire. And yeah, they're not too bad though, but as they aren't particularly loyal to anyone there's no-one to answer to. Course, as I pretty much just sit there and make stuff up as I go, a lot of details probably end up skewed. I know nothing about real Knights after all.

@Razen:xD I'm going to have fun writing "his" character. He does have a name, but as it's just sort of a...name, it would have been anticlimatic to reveal it.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/22/2012 11:01:15 >
DF MQ  Post #: 93
2/22/2012 11:03:11   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@glaisaurus_x: I was actually referring to the trainers on which you haven't decided yet.

Are you leaning towards magical or martial practice or perhaps you want your trainers to be a bit of both?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 94
2/22/2012 17:14:00   
Glais

Ohhh sorry.

Basically there is a Trainer (or Trainers) that specializes in one Element. Due to the fact that what makes "Weapons" special has to do with the Elements it's important they understand and learn how to use them well.

It can be both martial and magical yes, in fact both would probably be better.
DF MQ  Post #: 95
2/22/2012 17:49:34   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@glaisaurus: Then I have candidates which you might know, but I don't know if you want to use them since they are existing NPCs.

Dragonmaster Frostscythe/Vilmor
Gnomes/Dr. Voltabolt (magiscience)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 96
2/22/2012 17:51:18   
Glais

I had considered Vilmor back when I was going to make this story only a few years before DF instead of 100. Due to the year gap, I don't think it would work.

That's not to say she can't make an appearance, though it wouldn't be for a while (literally, heh).
DF MQ  Post #: 97
2/23/2012 2:11:09   
lordkaho
Creative!

And to quote Razen.

quote:

...Oh dear...

Indeed. Oh boy, you have unleashed a monster Innocentius. Reminds me of how the Stork unwittingly released Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda by COMING to his cell in the first place.
DF MQ  Post #: 98
2/23/2012 3:19:11   
Glais

Yeah, I'm going to have a LOT of fun with that character. No-one here was active enough in the old DF suggestions board to know where he comes from so it should be a nice introduction. Now all that remains is actually meeting Vision and everyone will be here.

And I didn't have any awkward lines? Or it seems so, no-one's corrected me thus far. Which I am happy to know. I really should look into writing different types of dialogue a bit. Innocentius still doesn't seem as...precise as the rest of the Inquisition.

I am also considering going back to add in details as far as appearance and scenery. It's something I notice I haven't done a lot of. If not that, then I will just work at it in future installations.

And funny thing about "his" release. I had originally planned it that Innocentius was a more sinister character who would send this man to kill the boys thus fulfilling Drahzn's last wish in a roundabout way. I then decided this was far too out of character for Innocentius who seemed a good guy. HIS Inquisition isn't the warlike one after all, that was Honorius' doing. Before that even, Innocentius would've been hunting them, it was just too ridiculous in retrospect.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the Catacombs, do you want to discuss a way to tie them in or leave them in your L&L? That would probably be best as you know where you want to go with that mysterious plot element.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/23/2012 3:38:09 >
DF MQ  Post #: 99
2/23/2012 4:10:35   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

who would send this man to kill the boys thus fulfilling Drahzn's last wish

Wait, why? Does this have something to do with Valdur's mistake?

Well, if it has something to tie with your main plot, then it would be nice to see the Inquisition's roots. But if it feels more like filler, then leave it be.

DF MQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (Pre-DF) Past Present Discussion
Page 4 of 13«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition