Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

L&L Renovation!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> L&L Renovation!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2012 17:15:13   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Don't adjust your monitor. What you see is real.

We are making some changes to L&L that will hopefully help everyone out. So, things may disappear, but your stuff is SAFE. I repeat, your stuff is safe!

Once we are done with renovations hopefully the initial confusion will give way to

WOOOO! COOOL!

Anyway, bear with us. We will work fast.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/17/2012 17:16:35   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Can we have some elaborations on that?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
1/17/2012 17:27:16   
Eukara Vox

Of course, my bad. I've been doing a lot of stuff today, forums and gamestaff wise, so forgive me. Was like "Need to get this up before things happen and people freak".

AE Fanfiction will now be split into game specific subforums. One of the complaints I keep getting from the writers is that those who want DF related stuff have trouble sometimes finding it, as well with any other game. So, back in June I approached admin about changing things around. Life has a way of being busy and that happened here, but I am finally getting this done for you guys. So, AE Fanfiction, as a forum will disappear while it is being revamped and then my staff will move threads to where they belong.

Also, the works discussion forum will be split into AE Fanfiction commentary and Fiction commentary. That way, it will be easy to find the story commentaries you are looking for. Again, L&L Staff will need to move threads around, so bear with us.

Something for those who have commentary threads that encompass several stories. If you have a commentary thread that had both AE Fanfiction and fiction, you will have to eventually put a commentary in both subforums. But, we will give you plenty of time to do that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/17/2012 17:34:36   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

I see why the split of AE fiction and non-AE fiction may be needed, but what about the story compilations?

I thank you for your time and explanation.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
1/17/2012 17:39:38   
Eukara Vox

Story compilations? Like the ones you do that correspond with ingame events? Those will be put in their respective forums.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/17/2012 17:41:48   
.Discipline

I can see this as useful in gathering interest. Of course, if one is an avid player of a certain game they are more likely to want to read fanfiction from that game specifically.
As well as that, I'm happy that fanfiction and fiction have been separated, as the wave of fanfiction was detracting attention from some very creative older pieces.

Let's hope these reforms have the desired benefits, hmmm?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/17/2012 17:47:01   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Can WarpForce get its own forum? Because right now, we're mashed up with AQ. =/

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy and grateful that you're reorganizing, but WarpForce needs to be recognized as a GAME. >.<
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/17/2012 18:09:36   
Eukara Vox

True Discipline. Hopefully, having all Fanfiction commentary threads in one place will help. But, the overwhelming complaint I am getting is people want to be able to access certain games much easier. I want to accomodate that.

And yeah, we've needed to separate out the fanfiction. Regular fiction is being drowned.

As to separating out WF and AQ, at the moment, we aren't going to do that. With the forums more specific it will be easier to find WF stuff. But it won't get its own forum. Sorry.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/17/2012 18:23:23   
Glais

Sounds cool. Though at the moment, it seems everything's broken. Clicking on Helixi's story discussion got me "Access denied" and attempting to go to my own newly started story brought the same thing. Is this for until it's done or what?

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 1/17/2012 20:50:01 >
DF MQ  Post #: 9
1/17/2012 18:39:15   
Mordred

Cool. I wonder where mine will end up, since it sorta takes elements from AQ as well. I'm guessing DF, since that's what I tagged it as, assuming we could only give one tag, like with unofficial clans.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
1/17/2012 18:42:18   
lordkaho
Creative!

The HS section is obviously going to be huge.

So further segregation huh? I just hope it doesn't get to split up it becomes even more confusing people to navigate around the L&L.
DF MQ  Post #: 11
1/17/2012 18:44:48   
Mordred

I think this makes navigating the L&L much easier. Many people may not care for the AQW Fanfics, or HS Fanfics or whatever, and can now chose to browse through a certain section without having to face page after page of what they consider useless to their own entertainment.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
1/17/2012 19:02:28   
Glais

Indeed, definitely cuts down things.
I'm still perplexed at the Authorized thing, I was just starting to get some speculation xP
However, I'm sure it has to do with them fixing it all.

Speaking of that, how long will this shifting of stories take?
DF MQ  Post #: 13
1/17/2012 20:03:59   
Crystal Lion

Oh, so is that why none of us ordinary forum members can access the stories right now? Wow, I feel silly for having a minor freak-out over this.
Post #: 14
1/17/2012 20:39:44   
Clown the Jester

I'm not gonna lie. When I thought my stories like The Children of Clown and Comedy and Tragedy and The Good The Bad and The Chaos were gone...well....I flipped a lid. Heh heh heh.

Can't wait to see what new renovations we find.

Might be...fun.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/17/2012 20:49:03   
lordkaho
Creative!

Oh boy, so it has been implemented huh?

I guess I won't be updating my story...for a while.

Time to work on that application form.
DF MQ  Post #: 16
1/17/2012 21:03:45   
ArchMagus Orodalf

^What are you talking about? o.0
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/17/2012 21:29:47   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Since I'm not a qualified author, I can't access my work nor read and comment on other people's stories.
DF MQ  Post #: 18
1/17/2012 21:32:52   
ArchMagus Orodalf

^Where does it say that? The board isn't done being updated yet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/17/2012 21:36:05   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Try going to the works discussion. It'll say "Access denied, you don't have enough credence" or something like that. Glaisaurus already pointed it out. My story thread is also no longer in my profile.
DF MQ  Post #: 20
1/17/2012 21:39:44   
ArchMagus Orodalf

^That would be because the forums are still under construction and located in staff sections.

And Works Discussion is here. I believe, however, that AE Fanfic discussion will be put here when the board opens (which is where our discussion threads have been moved).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/17/2012 21:46:58   
lordkaho
Creative!

So there's no authorization like Approved Authors or something?
DF MQ  Post #: 22
1/17/2012 21:48:44   
ArchMagus Orodalf

That was removed with the last L&L renovation. Why would it return? o.0
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/17/2012 22:04:47   
Eukara Vox

Approved Author and Approve Poet will never return.

Trust me.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/17/2012 22:15:09   
ArchMagus Orodalf

So emphatic. :P But that's a good thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> L&L Renovation!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition