Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Game Feedback Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Game Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2012 11:00:32   
Arachnid

Just got disconnected.
There are 562 people online.
Really?
And one of the reasons it said was a crowded server of 2500 people...
Had a good laugh about THAT one...

~Lady Zafara

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 2/11/2012 18:27:43 >

Check out my 3D anime art!
Check out my deviantart to follow me!
AQW  Post #: 51
2/5/2012 15:07:55   
RemnantHS
Banned

quote:

There are 562 people online.
Really?
And one of the reasons it said was a crowded server of 2500 people...
Had a good laugh about THAT one...

Because many people, like me, quit due to unbalance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/5/2012 23:34:54   
Jessa K

I sent a bunch of HS-related people the link. Hopefully they listen...
AQW  Post #: 53
2/5/2012 23:58:13   
Nightmare AQW

Battle Poll is not working, fix it?

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
2/6/2012 5:52:25   
linklink0091

what bothers me more is the fact you need to shove this thread in thier faces to get them to listen.....they should read this and leave thier two cents on it like they do on this twitter...which clearly not all of thier more exped or relieable players have...so its pointless to mostly check only twitter and not thier own fourm site which was made BY them

AQW  Post #: 55
2/6/2012 12:22:21   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

To be fair, they may not have known this thread existed, but yes, they need to read the forums more.

More on topic: I wish there was a power that let you transform into a dragon and bite people, or open a portal in the sky nad have them flooded withe energy/plasm or whatever the heck form of matter this energy blast actually is made of/radiation. ._.
DF  Post #: 56
2/6/2012 15:47:12   
RemnantHS
Banned

I would want AE to stop thinking February is the month of the tequila. They said they were going to do a lot of releases this year, and now I doubt them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
2/6/2012 15:48:45   
Arachnid

IF they do a valentine's day shop...They better add more items than just last years...
That sad part is, I have to doubt they will.

~Lady Zafara

< Message edited by Arachnid -- 2/6/2012 15:49:02 >
AQW  Post #: 58
2/6/2012 17:31:27   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Personally, I don't doubt they will have a couple more, but I don't think they'll make a huge event out of it, either.
DF  Post #: 59
2/6/2012 18:58:12   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Phew! That was longer than I was expecting
I'm very sorry not for responding to this sooner, I've read through all of the comments and I'll be passing them directly to Dumoose this week when I have time.
Thank you all for leaving comments. =D

~Plasma Charge
HS Tester
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
2/6/2012 20:34:58   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Hurrah for progress!

Thank you, Plasmatic One, for we are truly in your debt, as is the game.

I hope you're made an NPC if this works out.
DF  Post #: 61
2/6/2012 20:38:25   
Crystal Lion

Oh, thank you so much!
Post #: 62
2/8/2012 13:42:03   
linklink0091

its about time for progress thank ya hun
AQW  Post #: 63
2/9/2012 19:47:56   
Jessa K

Alright, Dumoose tweeted that he read the topic! (On Twitter I'm JettaPuppy, for clarification).
AQW  Post #: 64
2/11/2012 16:27:19   
zanathos

Main problem with HS is that its a PvP-oriented game, yet PvP lag hasn't been corrected yet. Perhaps if AQW didn't keep stealing HS staff and servers, this wouldn't happen.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
2/18/2012 8:25:49   
plebster

i've already posted this on the bugs section, but the game can't cope with overpowered low level players. In team brawl, I solo a lvl 20 when i'm lvl 13 with more than half my hp left, then sudden lag, then DC. seriously, once pvp is completely fixed, this game is straight into gamma.
AQW  Post #: 66
2/18/2012 12:09:30   
Raeven

quote:

I like the relaxing slow pace of the game. It means you don't have to play that regularly to keep up with the storyline or updates.

I also love the artwork that not only goes into the items, but the maps and monsters as well.

Couldn't agree more!
Especially with that first part since I tend to be in and off during certain periods. In other words - M.I.A!!! Meheheh
Post #: 67
3/3/2012 17:57:46   
alexjones50

slow pace is one thing, but there has been ZERO story progress for MONTHS! ever since the announcement of PVP things have gone downhill, they have just abandoned the storyline, and good and evil have no meaning anymore. liek what the hell happened to the clock blocker storyline? it was getting interesting then they just forgot about it, I personally think the staff have given up on herosmash, and yes you can claim this is still beta and all, but it's been in beta for about a year now! do they ever plan to develop this game further? until I have some indication that the staff want to try to progress the storyline some more I for one will not be logging in to this game, you've made a mockery of such a promising game. my advice? forget about PVP and go back to how it was before, PVP has done nothing but harm this game, I was worried about this PVP when it was announced and I see know my fears have been realised, aqworlds may not focus on good and evil as much as I would like but at least they're good with developing the storyline.

< Message edited by alexjones50 -- 3/3/2012 18:01:26 >

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
3/13/2012 18:06:32   
Chuck the Awesome

I don't know if this is the right place to put it but I will say it anyway. Has anyone noticed that there are little to none energy powers? I would appreciate if they updated powers to higher levels or added new ones. I have an idea for a new one because I think there should be some type of vampire bite only that only good players can get so that villains can't have two.
I think most of you have heard of Freaky Friday. I think there should be a power like that. It would be called Energy conversion except it should restore your hp in a Hot as well as apply a Dot to your foe.
Post #: 69
3/18/2012 12:45:26   
Cookielord12

There needs to be less Rares to Content ratio

Of my 30 spaces 22 of them are rares, at least give us a bit more inventory.

With all these rares there has been no storyline progression so something needs to happen. The pleasanton saga has just stopped

< Message edited by Cookielord12 -- 3/18/2012 12:46:24 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
3/18/2012 22:45:43   
Chuck the Awesome

I think they should add sc items that are copies of mem powers such as lightning reflexes. Then once your mem ends your build won't be destroyed! This would probably make a lot of players happy.
~Chuck Awesome
Post #: 71
3/19/2012 3:54:28   
FBI

The reason i am in to hero smash alot is because of the PVP.
Back then hero smash was just about killing monsters and meeting online people all over the world, But now

Artix should do something about the pvp, because every time you click start you have to wait for other people, they should just do this. when they have enough people they should just start the battle with out asking them.. its so annoying when they dont turn up for the battle.. Waste of time..

And i said this in some where else as well but.. i would like artix to make like a pvp drop. it would be great if they do.
It's like you get a drop which is %10 and then you can go and sell what you get.. and when you sell it you get like 20 smash coins from that .. it would be like the coolest game ever if they do that :)

Well... that's all i have to say right now :)
Epic  Post #: 72
3/19/2012 4:47:57   
blank452

@FBI
I thought about just starting the PvP match with the afk-ers, but imagine having 2 on your team in a 3v3. Wouldn't you prefer to wait for 30-60secs to reset the game and try again, or have the fight take 3-4mins just so you can lose and then start from scratch?

Also, PvP drops never really work. Especially if it they sell for the payment coin.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
3/19/2012 21:54:37   
raff

quote:

Wall of text, incoming.
Your opinions may be different, but I feel these points need to be made.
Here's my look on what HeroSmash has been, is, and may or may not become.
If you feel the urge to flame in response to this, just leave now and save us the trouble.
I'm fairly inactive here on the forums, but I play the game itself frequently. These are my thoughts.

Being a non-alpha player, I can't have an opinion on anything that occurred before Beta began, but having started on the first day of such, I suppose I can claim that I'm a fairly "old" player of this game.
I came in a little confused, to be honest, it's a silly game. Large heads, tiny feet, very childish, I suppose. I was fairly sure I was gonna quit, the only thing that actually kept me were the players I met who were kind to me, most of which are still 'good' friends, so to speak.
Once you really look at the simple basics of HeroSmash, though, you can see where the true beauty is. The combat has so much potential it's ridiculous. You can customize every single slot with whatever ability you want, equating to endless possibilities when it comes to gameplay.
All went well for a while.
When Yercom was released, I was very pleased. Heck I remember when you guys dominated with the Park war, which also had a nice set of things to it. I enjoyed all of these, regardless of when they took place.
At about Friday the 13th, we had releases frequently, tons of new items... lots of things that just made the game great.
Movieplex item shops were amazing. Everything was amazing, actually.
Super Death gets released, which was probably HeroSmash at its golden age. Super Death, and all the missions/areas that came with it, truly made the game worth playing. It added something to do other than stand AFK in Overlook-1 looking cool for the others.
Then a little after we polished off the Super Death stuff, we got Pleasanton as the "start to a new story".
At first I was disappointed that it was so easy, but it's just the beginning anyways. It was a storyline, another epic tale for us to take part in that adds to the game.
Then it just stopped...?
We got Yergen's birthday. Halloween. Christmas. All the events you can think of.
When PvP was first released I freaked out, because it was what I always wanted. It was fairly balanced, too, which was awesome.
But what happened to Pleasanton? The Clock Blocker? They all just disappeared, those stories left unfinished. Leaving us, the players, hanging on nothing. Releases stopped.

Sure we got a couple new shops, fun. Cool gear in the movieplex. As early as January 13th we had the Friday the 13th event. But since then...? Nothing. At all. The game didn't even have so much as a design notes update in almost three weeks.
In addition, PvP has become the most unbalanced thing feasible to this community, but it seems that you guys refuse for it to be balanced. One move set ALWAYS has to be better than the others.
Yeah, okay, I get it, you farmed for your cool legendary powers. I have them too. Cool. But how about every single player uses Pandora's Grace, Fashion Sense, Ice Barrage, Pony Charge, and whatever other legendary they want in the last slot? Let's make those the ONLY way to be good to a point to where you are forced to use the exact same set in order to compare.
One of the things I was looking forward to the most... The leaderboards. They do not represent skill in any way, shape, or form. They show who could stay on the longest and spam legendaries. Those players who still have skill but can't log on twenty-four-million hours every day? They don't get any reward, at all.
I can say that, arguably, I am one of the most experienced, well-known players that is currently a part of this game's community outside of the forums. I say arguably because for me to make that claim is almost silly, despite how accurate I may think it is. Many may disagree, and that's fine. I know when things are wrong, and I don't lie to make myself better. Many players are evidence of that. The game of PvP is just a broken system altogether.
I have spent a very large amount of money on this game. In return, there are SC items. Membership has almost zero perks as of now. What's the incentive? Sure, I can't cancel, my membership doesn't end until 2014. But the new players may be scared away from it if there are no benefits. No money = no resources = no game.
To say that is generous. There is very little gameplay left for us end-game players. If you're not a fan of PvP, you're essentially stuck.
Beleen completely abandoned us here at HeroSmash, if anyone hasn't noticed. I'm not saying she's a bad person because of it, but we really have been left in the dust.

This is my favorite AE game, and yet we have about one AQW Server-full of players in our entire active playerbase. Why? Because the AE team is running this game wrong. None of you care anymore. Yergen sparingly updates his Twitter feed, let alone interacts with us on the forums...
My suggestion? Just do what you were doing before. Quit pawning off our developers to the other AE games, or pretty soon we'll have none left. The game is terminally ill, and only you guys at AE can do anything about it. Don't abandon us.

First things first, balance the legendaries. I don't care how difficult they are to get, good for the players who have them. One or two per set is more than enough to boost your abilities in PvP tenfold.
Second; More storyline. Please, just continue the Clock Clocker. Enough of this "only releases when there is a holiday" crap. Enough sporadic releases. We need a schedule, this game cannot be put on the high shelf or it will die, I guarantee it.
Third; "We'll be adding NPCs every week" <-- Right. Not even once a month, you guys should just shut the contest down if all the NPCs you're going to select are chosen randomly. When was the last time we had an actual contestant put in? Pre-July? I don't even know.
Fourth; Hire more people to work on this game. Heck, get volunteers if you claim that you (lie) can't afford it. This game has very few real developers left who work solely on this game. You already handed over one of our best animations artists to the AQ Worlds team. Don't even get me started on how disappointed I am in the story development team.
As for releases after long periods (20 days?) of waiting, you can do better than two half-tried pencil-drawn concept weapons. We all know the evil weapon is going to win, setting it to some huge war for two weapons that aren't too attractive in the first place is pointless and takes no effort on your part. (Opinionated, but you know most, if not all, of you agree)
Add some incentive to play this game, for cryin' out loud. All of your income is going over to AQ3D. You guys aren't even running this game correctly, don't start on yet another until this game is at least partially complete. We're still in beta!

Oh goodness the lag. The random server freeze-ups. The incessant "disconnects". These servers have less traffic than even the lowest populated AQ Worlds server. Seriously? Not even gonna elaborate on that because it's stupid and makes no sense.

Game moderation is complete crap since Venus left, as well. People are going left and right swearing their heads off with no repercussions. Trolls lurk the Overlook like an unstoppable parasite. Get more volunteers for this, please, the ones who actually receive reports, not just testers.

I suppose to finish this all off I just want to say I love Artix Entertainment. I'm not hating on you at all, and you've done well with every other game you've made.
Just please don't let HeroSmash die. Don't abandon the potential this game has.
Chances are this post will be ignored by most of you, but I don't care, it needed to be said. Hopefully somebody up top will see this and realize what it is they're doing, or more appropriately neglecting to do.

If that was too long to read, here's the summary:

Read it anyway.

Cheers. Here's to a better future.
~Anti

Quoted this because it needs to be read.

< Message edited by raff -- 3/21/2012 18:38:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
3/19/2012 23:34:11   
Antithesis

Of course Raff would edit the original post and take it out of context, due to his jealousy over nothing.
That, and his confusing spite for me which I will never understand.
You're the only one who disagrees, buddyboy. *tussles your hair*

And that was that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Game Feedback Thread
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition