Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

In the Age of Yorsaine

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> In the Age of Yorsaine
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2012 13:03:30   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Roy woke up and rubbed his eyes. Swinging out of his bed, he walked across the barren room to the only piece of furniture besides his bed, a small wall mirror. He looked at himself for a moment, then stretched.

“So, today's the day I leave, huh?” he wondered aloud, still trying to accept this fact in his mind.

Roy's parents were being moved from Bridgehaven to Shadehollow for work, and they had to take Roy with them. The two cities were only a short train ride apart, but Roy had never been to Shadehollow. He knew he wouldn't be able to come back to Bridgehaven often, though, and he was going to miss what few friends he had.

He got dressed and gazed across the empty room, housing only his bed and his mirror, both of which he was leaving behind. He turned and left the room, closing the door behind him for the last time.

Roy walked through the lonely house, deprived of so many of it's former items that even the creaking of the floorboards echoed out. His parents, along with most of the family's possessions, had gone to Shadehollow the morning before, so Roy had the day to himself. He opened the front door and stepped outside, straight into blinding sunlight. The skies were clear, and it felt good outside.

Roy glided through the busy city streets with ease, throngs of people passing by him with not so much as a glance. He was completely alone in the vast city, and once he left, no one would miss him. That's what Roy told himself. He had a handful of friends, but he'd neglected to tell them that he would be leaving, and he had no intention of doing so.

It wasn't out of any fear of confrontation, or not wishing to see the looks on their faces when he informed them. He just didn't feel like telling his friends, and so he hadn't. That's what Roy told himself.

He lost track of his direction. Roy took step after depressing step, thinking of what he should do with the remainder of his time. He continued wandering, until he awoke from his thoughts and found himself at the edge of a lake, a lake he and his friends had often visited together.

Peering into the water, Roy stared at his reflection for a time, taking note of his red hair as he had on countless past occasions. He'd always thought the crimson hue of his hair was rather odd, but his mother had it, and she had said her father had had it. In fact, from what he'd heard, every generation of his ancestors had at least one crimson-haired person.

As Roy pondered this and other things, a dark-haired figure crept up behind him. The figure drew closer and closer, but Roy remained completely oblivious.

Feeling a push, Roy found his reflection coming to meet him, and he landed in the water with a splash. He stood up to see who had pushed him, then sighed when he recognized the girl in
front of him.

Bree Wallflower was a tall girl, at six feet. She had long silky black hair, extending halfway down her body, and wore a sleeveless black t-shirt and baggy blue pants, so as not to hinder movement. She was also a cold, sadistic, and uncaring person, particularly when it came to Roy.

“Hello, Bree.”

“Humph,” she grunted, sitting on the bank of the lake. She stayed there, motionless, glaring at Roy.

“Umm... What do you need?” he ventured.

“When we were you going to tell us?” she asked viciously, and Roy understood.

“How did you find out?”

Bree stood up and kicked him in the chest, sending him flying back into the water.

“That doesn't matter. What does matter is the fact that you haven't told me, or anybody else for that matter, that you are leaving. Elaine, at least, should be told. You of all people should know that.”

Roy was fuming, annoyed that Bree, who hardly cared about anyone but Elaine, was the one telling him this. He got up and shook water out of his hair.

“I just didn't feel like telling you, is all. Why should I have to explain myself to you?” he retorted.

Bree walked up to him and grabbed him by the collar.

“You need to tell Elaine.”

“She's just going to get all sad and depressing. Or worse, she wouldn't say anything, since I've waited until now to tell her. It's better I just disappear!”

Bree slapped him three times in succession, her rage finally getting the better of her.

“Don't be so selfish! They all care about you! Is that not a good thing?! If you don't think so, then you'd be better off dead.”

Roy looked her straight in the eyes, and could feel the burning hatred they held. Exhaling, he removed her hands from his collar.

“Fine. I get it. I'll go talk to Elaine.”

Bree walked heatedly ahead of Roy, then looked behind, giving him a stare that could kill a weaker being.

“Let's go, then.”

< Message edited by BustichiaReki -- 1/30/2012 13:04:35 >
DF MQ  Post #: 1
2/6/2012 15:36:47   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Bree smashed Roy's face into the concrete, grinding it in with her heel. She was finally getting tired of the coward, who was trying to chicken out at the last minute, right in front of Elaine's house.

Roy actually did want to talk to Elaine. He just didn't want to talk to her with Bree there, or to tell her that he was leaving. When he'd decided to go talk to Elaine, he had intended to get rid of Bree and come to Elaine's house alone. However, Bree, had dragged him all the way to Elaine's house by his shirt collar, which he was sure was malformed by now.

Elaine woke up, hearing voices outside. She crawled out of her bed and looked out the window, only to see her best friend Bree abusing Roy. She sighed and got dressed, wondering what they were doing outside her house. She started downstairs, to go find out.

Roy was finally back up on his feet, massaging his face, raw from it's experience with the concrete. Bree was staring at him with what Roy had now dubbed the “Death Stare”. He groaned in pain and looked toward Elaine's house.

“Fine, I'll tell her,” he said.

Bree cracked her knuckles.

“You'd better.”

Just then, the door of the house opened, and Elaine stepped out in a red t-shirt and faded jeans. Roy looked at her, and she looked right back. Bree kicked Roy in the back, sending him towards Elaine. Roy used the moment and walked up to his target.

“Umm... Hi.”

Elaine rubbed her eyes and yawned.

“Hey there.”

Bree chucked a rock at Roy's head while Elaine wasn't paying attention, reminding him of what he needed to say.

“Umm... I'm leaving today. Moving. To Shadehollow. Permanently,” he stuttered out, trying to find the right words, only to have them fade from his mind. Elaine stared at him, shocked.

“Okay...” she mumbled.

Elaine turned and went back into her house, stunned into silence. Bree walked past Roy.

“At least you've upgraded from coward,” she commented, following Elaine into the house. Roy was shaken. He realized in retrospect that it would've been better to tell her sooner, as she most likely wouldn't have reacted in such a fashion. He decided it was time to leave, before he did any more damage.

“Worst case scenario,” he confirmed, walking away.

Roy stood amidst the crowd at WMG Station, awaiting his train. He wandered into the courtyard, and looked up at the huge fountain at the very center.

Roy loved this fountain. It represented the Four Heroes of Legend, who had saved the world 214 years before. He idolized these heroes. He hoped to be as strong as they were one day.

Hearing his train arrive, he turned away from the fountain and boarded it with a large portion of the crowd. He looked out at the remainder of the crowd from just inside the train, when something caught his attention.

Elaine was shoving people aside, rushing to his train, which was preparing to depart. She finally caught sight of Roy, and waved her arms.

“Take care of yourself Roy, and don't forget us!” she called out to him.

Roy took a step forward, hoping to get off the train, but the door's closed right in front of him. He pressed his hand against the window and looked at Elaine, who smiled encouragingly.

Taking a seat as the train pulled away, Roy sighed and watched the skyline pass by from the window. He now knew that everything would be all right, because no matter what, he still had a home to come back to.

He said a silent farewell to Bridgehaven.
DF MQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> In the Age of Yorsaine
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition