Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Bustichia Reki, The Lost Warrior (Discussion)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (DF) Bustichia Reki, The Lost Warrior (Discussion)
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2012 14:04:12   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Bustichia Reki, The Lost Warrior

It's a fanfiction I decided to start on because I was bored. I'll try to update it as much as I can. Enjoy!

< Message edited by BustichiaReki -- 1/31/2012 4:26:53 >
DF MQ  Post #: 1
2/2/2012 2:02:42   
Glais

Hn, Reki sure loves the word fools, heh.
Anyhow, cool so far. Glad you didn't make him too solitary, as that'd be rather dull.

Wonderinng when the two companions will come into play, and what the main plot will be...
DF MQ  Post #: 2
2/2/2012 13:26:24   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Reki uses the word "fools" so much because it's truly the only word to describe what he thinks.

And also, Reki's a character who wishes he was alone, but never ends up getting his wish.

As for Raynar and Raven, and the main plot... Well, you'll just have to wait and see
DF MQ  Post #: 3
2/3/2012 0:01:38   
Glais

I see. Anyhow,mRaven seems a likable character. Glad he's cheery rather than the standard serious character. Funny how Reki seems an elder, since that's how I'd pictured him.

Wonder if these guys'll go three man band on us, as I think they'll make an interesting team.
DF MQ  Post #: 4
2/6/2012 13:59:32   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Due to personal reasons, I didn't update for a couple of days. But in return I give you a nice, plot-ridden chapter!
DF MQ  Post #: 5
2/6/2012 14:02:14   
Glais

Well, that's good, was wondering when the main bits would start as I mentioned. Considering the main character's a DeathKnight, I'm a bit curious at what you have for the main antagonist...
DF MQ  Post #: 6
2/6/2012 15:17:33   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

I like the story, but I am somewhat confused about the fact that the innkeepers don't seem to suffer from prejudice like the others.

Why is that?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
2/6/2012 15:28:45   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Innkeepers are innkeepers because they are willing to cater to anyone at anytime. They are either completely free of prejudice, or keep it to themselves.

EDIT: Until you enter Doomwood, that is.

< Message edited by BustichiaReki -- 2/7/2012 8:03:14 >
DF MQ  Post #: 8
3/8/2012 23:14:39   
draketh99
Purple Armadillo

I like what you have going, here! Having an insane protagonist makes for an interesting story, just be sure you keep it from getting predictable. So something to watch. I am really enjoying Komoto Raynar's character so far, it seems quite elegantly painted as I can easily picture him in whatever situation is happening.
I'm looking forward to more releases and seeing how the story turns out.
DF  Post #: 9
3/8/2012 23:27:22   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

Hmm, an interesting twist. So this Death Knight is still haunted by something... figures. So far so good, can't see any flaws this early in the story, just keep it up.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/8/2012 23:30:35   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Thank you :D Komoto Raynar's character is second only to Reki's, and I'm glad you've taken a liking to him. And while it may be predictable that the Death Knight is haunted, what he's haunted by will come as a surprise.
DF MQ  Post #: 11
3/9/2012 1:18:57   
Glais

Caught up on whatcha got so far. Very nice, but man, Raynar has some bad luck.
Hmmm, Draketh, Paper Clip? So I assume you're including various forum members' characters. Does that mean Lupus is...well Lupus?

Though it seems a bit odd having a man named Draketh in the same story with a man named Drakath, but it's not unheard of.
DF MQ  Post #: 12
3/9/2012 2:31:23   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

I'm using the forumites whom I know best. These are basically all but exclusively the Beacons of Hope and some members of A Pheonix Risen. I generally ask before I use them as characters though (Except in cases such as Nightsoul, who is currently on extended leave from the forums).

Komoto Raynar is a forumite as well. His forum name Ultimakomoto or something like that. And yes, he DOES have very bad luck :P
DF MQ  Post #: 13
3/9/2012 2:36:07   
Paperclipkiller

Just to verify, I'm Paper clip, not PaperclipofDoom.
DF MQ  Post #: 14
3/9/2012 2:46:40   
Glais

Oh yes, I know Komoto, he's actually been a great help to me. I just wasn't sure it was him, hadn't seen him ages...

And I see, I love it when other characters get involved. Just makes things more interesting. That's what appeals to me about the HS L&Ls, is that they have a large collaborated universe involving many different people and characters.

And I see, so Paper Clip is this one xD So...Lupus IS Lupus the Wolf?

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 3/9/2012 2:47:40 >
DF MQ  Post #: 15
3/9/2012 3:01:23   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Yes, That's Lupus the Wolf. Why I made him appear to be Raynar's enemy, I have no idea yet. But it'll work out. Despite the fact Lupus SHOULD be a Cloud Cuckoolander...

EDIT: Ah, yes. I'd also like to formally apologize for the long wait between chapters. Plot happened.

< Message edited by BustichiaReki -- 3/9/2012 3:07:45 >
DF MQ  Post #: 16
3/9/2012 3:07:41   
Glais

Ah ok, Lupus just seemed a significant name.

Unfortunately I don't know Lupus' backstory, so I had no idea he should be crazy.
DF MQ  Post #: 17
3/9/2012 3:09:34   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

No, I say that because I prefer to keep character's true to the personality I know them for, and around me, Lupus is always in his own world... But in my story, Lupus has conscious thoughts and actions and has well-detailed plans in mind for everything. The complete opposite of the real Lupus.

EDIT: Actually, I'm having a hard time of it for all the characters, even MY OWN. But Lupus is an extreme example.

EDIT2: So, probably expect some minor personality shifts in the characters as I figure out how exactly each person should act... I'll make up some excuse for it. Plot happened, I guess.

< Message edited by BustichiaReki -- 3/9/2012 3:21:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 18
3/9/2012 3:20:09   
Glais

Ah I see. Well I don't know, you're doing better than me. I started a DF fic but due to having no prior experience writing, I feel very off with characters. Yours seem distinct to me. Raven's the loyal type, Komoto seems like more of a seasoned fighter, Reki's the guy with the mysterious past and so-on and so forth.
DF MQ  Post #: 19
3/9/2012 3:22:25   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Well, they are defined, but... They're not quite how I want them to be. I'll be working on it in future chapters.
DF MQ  Post #: 20
3/9/2012 5:00:58   
Glais

I see. Well, there's no way to go but up really.
DF MQ  Post #: 21
3/9/2012 11:06:50   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@BustichiaReki: I'd suggest you announce new chapters next time, there's no way to keep up with all the updates otherwise.

Well, prejudice and idiocy are now part of the innkeepers as well. The whole thing was especially strange since the humans who live in Doomwood were cowardly compliant towards the necromancers till the heroes of Falconreach gave the undead army a good beating.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 22
3/9/2012 11:19:17   
Glais

Agreed. I had no idea you'd written 3 or so new chapters. The rules allow double posting so long as there's an update (which I abuse all the time...).

On the upside, it was nice to have so much reading material.
DF MQ  Post #: 23
3/9/2012 19:36:43   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Oh, I wasn't aware I was allowed to double post. Thanks for the info.

I'll probably update within the next six hours.
DF MQ  Post #: 24
3/9/2012 22:06:01   
Bustichia
Constructively Helpful!

Chapter 8 is up! Hope you all enjoy it!
DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (DF) Bustichia Reki, The Lost Warrior (Discussion)
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition