Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

ED's Balance Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> ED's Balance Thread
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/1/2012 18:59:35   
goldslayer1

quote:

Please keep all balance related topics in the official balance thread here instead.

why not just merge the thread into the balance thread instead of locking. so people who just logged in actually know what they are talking about in the balance thread.

honestly the balance thread just seems like a big toilet and everyone post a ton of different things related to balance.
and to find a post u have to go thats related to a certain specific balance discussions u need to go a couple pages back.
eventually meaning if i post an idea and then like 50 more post that are unrelated to my post will just flush my post down.

theres all types of balance. and cramming them into 1 single thread seems wrong.
theres stat balance( HP, str, dex, tech, support, focus, agility, energy), skill balance (ranges from a single skill to all skills in the game), item balance, price balance, class balance, class vs class balance, var item vs non var balance, non var vs var battle balance.
then theres Solo battle balance, team battle balance, juggernaut balance.
and how class, skills, stats, and items are affected on what modes.

i would like for Lord Barrius (as i have made this post before) to re consider letting balance discussion in individual threads so that all replies relate to the original post and not just a melting pot of post that seem to make no sense with the post above or below that.

as for anyone who says that the GD will be crammed with balance discussions.
how does cramming all balance discussions into a single thread make more sense.
in fact it complicates more.

also since its mostly design notes.
and u cant post to discuss suggestion feedback in the general discussions(also seems dumb to me since its a discussions and ur looking for feedback), why not at least let balance post be permitted.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/1/2012 19:02:48   
Stabilis

I think so too. When you have a discussion or suggestion on one page... well 25 posts fit on a page. If you are the last post on a page or your response or comment is posted however the next page is formed... the post then becomes invisible without searching.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/2/2012 6:52:36   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Merging is a bad idea. It sticks posts in chronological order, which may be a bad idea if posts are made in the Balance thread in between times that they're made in the rule-breaking thread.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/2/2012 13:58:13   
goldslayer1

@arch
having all types of balance crammed into 1 single thread is also a bad idea.

its arguable that theres been a decrease of balance post ideas in the GD because of this rule.
and those who would post it in their individual thread wont post in the "official" thread. because its bad.
i dont think anyone likes to post there because the way it works is bad.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/2/2012 14:50:46   
PD

>> its arguable that theres been a decrease of balance post ideas in the GD because of this rule.

Common fallacy of an unprovable hypothesis.

They will make a balance forum later, but for now, you'll just have to stick with it. For now, the single discussion thread makes it much easier for the devs as it facilitates the searching of balance issues. Balance issues don't really need to be discussed with people. They only need to be addressed by the devs.

< Message edited by PD -- 2/2/2012 14:52:33 >
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> ED's Balance Thread
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition