Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

new non var gun vs var gun

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> new non var gun vs var gun
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2012 10:57:44   
Rui..
Banned

when the nightwraith birthday update was released it was backed by the development team stating it was once in a lifetime item to purchase. After todays update here is where my wraith gun stands. Wraith gun is +5 all stats enhance to 8 and 34 damage and its considered rare. Non var gun is 4544 to stats and enhance to 5 with 34 damage so did i blow 900 var for extra 6 stats considering i blew var to enhance it? Moreover the new var 34 gun is not even considered rare and its 35 damage.
Does the developers want us to buy a new item every month and spend 3 times the cost to enhance it just to stay competitive?
What do the rest of the varium spenders have to say on this please discuss.

Post #: 1
2/4/2012 11:02:40   
sylar67

lol dude your arguing about something we all know ... but we have to live with it :S and yes they do that so you buy a new weapon each time they update with new stuff so they keep making money :)
Post #: 2
2/4/2012 11:30:26   
PivotalDisorder

many of the top players are using items from a year ago so what is the pressure to buy every month? you don't need to spend monthly to win.
none of the items released in the next few months will be vastly superior to what you have now and non-vars have to wait months to get anything.

you will still have more stats on every item than any non-var will plus a superior armor. if you consider that each 4 stat points is a level, how
many levels do you actually need over non-vars to stop feeling so insecure. if you can't beat them then maybe look closer at yourself instead
of heaping blame on the new items that will give many non-vars a decent chance of beating full vars.
Post #: 3
2/4/2012 12:02:03   
Rui..
Banned

to the person above. You have not read my post and moreover do not try to manipulate my post with your low down thinking. My concern is simple. Is it just to pay 10$ for a gun which giver 3 extra stat points considering its a rare item. End of story.
Rest of the posters - keep the discussion within the topic. I do not want to see more senseless posts which leads to threads being locked.
For those who cant understand still.
Discussion one ; is it worth buying any varium item considering the difference between a var rare and non var item is just 3 stat points
Discussion two ; how just is it to be purchasing new items every month or spending 20$ a month.
Post #: 4
2/4/2012 12:14:39   
Silver Sky Magician

Discussion 1: No. But if you consider that the varium item actually has 8 more stats than the non-varium item (including enhancements), then it may be worth it. 8 stats is equivalent to 2 levels worth of stats. That's a pretty significant advantage when replicated over 4 items. Furthermore items are not more powerful just because they are rare; the rarity score is just an extra thing for the rating point achievement and collectors like Buffy.

Discussion 2: You don't have to buy every single new thing to stay competitive, even if and especially because the difference in quality is not particularly great or significant. Instead of $20 a month, you can simply spend $50 for one month and remain competitive. You'll save a whopping $190 that way.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/4/2012 12:15:57 >
Post #: 5
2/4/2012 12:20:00   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

Discussion one ; is it worth buying any varium item considering the difference between a var rare and non var item is just 3 stat points

you will still have more stats on every item than any non-var will plus a superior armor. if you consider that each 4 stat points is a level.....

quote:

Discussion two ; how just is it to be purchasing new items every month or spending 20$ a month.

many of the top players are using items from a year ago so what is the pressure to buy every month? you don't need to spend monthly to win.
none of the items released in the next few months will be vastly superior to what you have now and non-vars have to wait months to get anything.

better? :P
Post #: 6
2/4/2012 13:02:13   
Rui..
Banned

at silver. The wraith gun is not 8 more its just 8. So i need to spend 1k varium on the rare gun and another 1.2 k to enhance it to get 6 stat points in total more than a non var gun in total.
The 6 extra enhance is acceptable if there is no luck feature involved. Whats a block or crit compared to 6 extra stats. Where is 2200 var on a rare gun to a 15k
credit non var non rare gun stand.

Moreover no top player uses any one year old item except the bunny aux.

< Message edited by Rui.. -- 2/4/2012 13:06:21 >
Post #: 7
2/4/2012 13:07:55   
Ranloth
Banned

Define top player?
I still use my Founder Armor, is that gonna be over 2yrs now? And advantage is about 2 Lvls of stat points, maybe 3. Worth spending 1K Varium for Armor + enhancing? Not really.
Bunny Zooka is outdone in damage by new one, by +1 point & unsure about stats. Worth +1 point? Not really.
Guns usually are good from promos; Beta for Stat heavy - believe me, people can use it wisely, Stun Guns are still great, and Darkstar is still good (and its Support-ish counterpart) - used both but recently sold Darkstar due to build change and too heavy Str requirement.

Also that "once in a lifetime" purchase was advertising the fact it'll be perma-rare and never come back. Nothing else.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/4/2012 14:01:34   
PivotalDisorder

I still use Charfade's blaster, which was here when I arrived in march, probably over a year. If I could get Charfades staff back
that I sold, I would use that instead of the Frost Sword from the previous promo, My Eggzooka is from last easter and still amazing
plus I still have my Bunnyborg P for alternate builds. I usually use Harvest E [the var one]. my lvl31 TLM was using the Aux and
Sidearm sold by Frysteland Hank, which are seasonals from 2010. I was beating many var 34s with those, and not just the bad ones.

many of my characters will have the same items they purchased a few months ago, in 6months time and they will definitely still
be competitive. I really think the difference is minimal, if you were getting 90% win rate, it might drop to 88%. [just a guess ofc]
Post #: 9
2/4/2012 23:01:34   
huuduy1

If epicduel made it cheaper by ( Sale Event ). I hoped many Kid in the world played this :D. And Epicduel will be 1st Pvp MMORPG Webgame in the world :D.
Epic  Post #: 10
2/4/2012 23:09:07   
Stabilis

PvP MMORPG Strategy Turn-based Browser Flash game.

EDIT: Its fun to say.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/5/2012 3:06:26   
Lectrix

I believe this falls into the category of "Financial Discussion"; as stated in the ED General Discussion Rules, these discussions are not allowed.

Locked!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> new non var gun vs var gun
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition