Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

After non-varuim players had a great time it's varuim players time...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> After non-varuim players had a great time it's varuim players time...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/4/2012 12:57:48   
Lord Machaar

Since the last update and the big launch of non-varuim weapons and all the great things for NON-VARUIM players ... Hell yeah varuim players are waiting!
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
2/4/2012 13:09:48   
Ranloth
Banned

What's your point? I'd rather fill in the gaps for non-Varium weapons and lessen the gap rather than make it even bigger.
Besides we got few Varium weapons in yesterday's release so that's still something. Making it p2p only will just make it worse - they cannot please everyone but focusing on one group of players will make others quit.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/4/2012 13:16:53   
Basicball

I'm not waiting, the update was great for me: new aux and gun, loads of missions, balance, cheevos,...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/4/2012 13:20:27   
Matrix77

I agree with you Trans, however with the recently(last night) update of the non-var weapons, their stats matches that of some of the recent varium weapons in attack and stat mods. I don't see the point why I would buy varium packages for those promos anymore when the non-var weapons have similar/equal powerful weapon costing only a minimum amount of credit and can be purchase. Though certainly this update helps lessen the gap and is much better now but in the process they've pretty much made their heartbreaker become less attractive for players to purchase as there are now non-varium weapons costing a small amount of credits that matches those same promo weapons in power
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/4/2012 13:23:14   
Sageofpeace

yup i think thats enough of weapons for now, it was a great update hope next week more balance comes
Post #: 5
2/4/2012 13:24:55   
Wraith

We got our first 35 DMG gun.

Still mad?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/4/2012 13:25:26   
Ranloth
Banned

Attack should be the same, unless weapon gets more stats in return (thus lower damage). If they match Varium weapons of same Lvl, then good thing to do is make list of these weapons (both Varium and non-Varium), PM them to Devs and raise the concern, which will mean Varium weapons should get few more points unless they are trying to lessen the gap by giving small advantages over non-Varium weapons.
In my opinion, that shouldn't be more than 1-2 Lvl of advantage, which could be +4 more stats and +1 damage, or +2 damage, etc. If they are doing so, then I'm for it as it'll be more fair.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
2/4/2012 13:35:21   
8x

I like non-varium updates, because I don't need to spend varium on them :D
Epic  Post #: 8
2/4/2012 13:43:42   
Matrix77

exactly what I had in mind trans :P

Take for example

The current promo Azrael's Curse, 14k cred, 1.2k var
It is a lv34 varium promo weapon with +34 attack and stat mods of +9,+4,+4,+9 = 26 stat mods, 10 enhance slot, with the +10 enhance = 36 stat mod

Now Take the Hero's Heart broadsword for example, lv34 non-varium cost 16k cred
+34 attack with stat mods of +5,+10,+10 = 25 stat mods, 7 enhance slot with +7 enhance = 32 stat mod

Difference is only 1 level but if you think about it, not many players can afford to max enhance their weapons. So excluding the enhance slots, its only 1 stat mod difference. If I am to choose between the two, I think I would go for the hero's heart sword and afford the 1 stat difference than to pay 14k cred, and 1.2k var for the azrael curse :|
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/4/2012 13:50:04   
PivotalDisorder

I think the vars have been spoilt rotten. so many complain about having to buy new items every month, yet also complain if new
items aren't released every month. does seem like they can never make everyone happy, and some refuse to be satisfied even
when they get exactly what they asked for. I hope the really focus on closing the gap and sorting out the balance between classes.
Post #: 10
2/4/2012 13:58:01   
Stabilis

Oh! We can have similar or exact copies of non-var/var items... however var items will cost half as much credits... what do you think? That way, non-var can be as good as var, with the only exception of having a more difficult time accumulating the monies.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/4/2012 14:02:55   
TurkishIncubus

I have great time, no usefull varium items so i can save my 10k artix points for next promo

i really didnt liked Azrael's Curse , Celtic items with % connect seem more intresting

Epic  Post #: 12
2/4/2012 14:06:09   
PivotalDisorder

non-var can never be as powerful as a full varium. it's a terrible business model and will never happen.
they closed the gap just before Aux/gun enhancements were introduced, then they came out and the gap got massively widened again
by 3-8 levels in some cases, because majority of var players enhance they new items immediately. now they have closed the gap again
and I just hope they learn from their mistakes. saying that, the extra enhancements were a great earner for ED and are here for good.
Post #: 13
2/4/2012 14:08:57   
Lord Machaar

Obviously you didn't get my point guys... Since the last update which was good for non-varuim players with all these great non-varuim weapons ... and i'm not talking about Missions/Cheevos Etc because it was great to me also but i'm talking about weapons ( I've noticed a great varuim Sidearm which is with +35 damage if you didn't notice that) So i'm mentioning to the New varuim Weapons that will come after this great update ... The weapons should be great!
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
2/4/2012 14:48:59   
Lord Nub

^ Probably will be since that's how it works. The weapons continually get better but I would like to see new features, modes, and skills instead of the constant barrage of weapons/armors every release.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/4/2012 14:52:44   
edwardvulture

The game needs non-varium updates if they don't then all non-variums would not do real battles and varium would not be an advantage. See how it works now?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
2/4/2012 14:56:54   
PivotalDisorder

if it makes you happy then I cannot really say anything.

I was gonna list all the amazing items released since Nightwraiths birthday bot but you seem set on having new stuff so i won't bother :)

just a question, what makes you think ANY varium items are being planned for the immediate future?
Post #: 17
2/4/2012 15:00:16   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

If you enjoy competing, it is time to use strategy in your game-play. For this game to grow in population and popularity, the disparity in competitiveness between basic stat balance needs to be near level.

In the past, players who paid had the very good advantage over non-varium players. What does this do? Players who cannot compete, they will not play.

What does this mean now? It means the game is likely adding new and fun features beyond pvp. For the game to grow in popularity and population, it needs to become a multi-feature game.

For myself, with challenge matches not counting anymore, I can now invest in lower level items I like and use them in battle. Winning has less value, so the fun factor of having non documented battles brightens this game.

For you personally, if you enjoy the advantage over non-varium players, and you believe the investment you make should have a duration of dominance over non varium items, I don't have an answer for you.

This game carries balance issue of so many levels and perspectives, and the game is trying hard to make everyone excited, happy and enjoying their experience regardless of the type of investment.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 2/4/2012 15:03:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> After non-varuim players had a great time it's varuim players time...
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition