Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Do you think there should be voting system. Read rest

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Do you think there should be voting system. Read rest
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/7/2012 10:23:00   
xxmirxx

Well I was thinking on certain release we should take vote weather we want see release this week or not. Also just throw this idea in what do you think if we had plus minus system here (meaning forums) ? Sageofpeace Im going use your post since you exactly what I mean.
quote:

i think they should make a voting system were they give us the following option Balance Update, Weapon Content , New Place, Tournament Mode, Revamp LeaderBoard or Revamp Map, New Armor, Robot them they give us detail on whats it gonna include if the one gets voted get pick in which all voted? and since not everybody a forum account they should make in game some how so everybody can vote 1 VOTED PER PERSON

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 2/7/2012 10:55:37 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
2/7/2012 10:29:37   
Remorse

O.o

I dont get it,

So you wanna be able to trash all the hard work the devs did in a week just because players dont like it, lets not forget with things like balance changes a high majority of the players wont like it because a majority of the players will be the class being nerfed.

I Dont think we should vote unless its something like a new feature for example. enhacmenets on robots in which I would vote agianst for a million times ( I dont like enhamcnets)
Epic  Post #: 2
2/7/2012 10:35:48   
xxmirxx

quote:

Well I was thinking on certain release we should take vote weather we want see release this week or not.
I said certain release no it just gets push off to next week.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/7/2012 10:36:00   
IsaiahtheMage

What? So you are saying we should have the option to allow updates to be made whenever we want it too? No. Just no. Also what do you mean by "plus minus sytem"?
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/7/2012 10:41:21   
midnight assassin

Base on my understandings we are the one to control the devs on what to release for the week. They give the idea and we are the one to vote. My answer is no because we all have different opinions and I believe that if this thing happens, Varium players will be the one controlling the game and not the devs which can cause a rage quit on 50-80% of non var population that might include me. Also this slows down the release dates and I believe ed community is impatient.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 2/7/2012 10:51:07 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/7/2012 10:47:25   
Sageofpeace

i think they should make a voting system were they give us the following option

Balance Update, Weapon Content , New Place, Tournament Mode, Revamp LeaderBoard or Revamp Map, New Armor, Robot

them they give us detail on whats it gonna include if the one gets voted get pick in which all voted?

and since not everybody a forum account they should make in game some how so everybody can vote

1 VOTED PER PERSON
Post #: 6
2/7/2012 10:50:58   
xxmirxx

IsaiahtheMage post above explain it like for example lets say want to release new robots but too over powering so we take vote weather need fix robots so in future we don't have deal with nerfs. But remember this would be voting with all ED players who have forums accounts. So it wouldn't be easy to have release move to next week and players are not allow to talk about it. In other words it would still be very very hard to pass to next week. Also its only on certain release not every single one just major release were effect everyone like the new robots. plus minus system works like this if you like person post you get plus if you hate person post you get minus. That question has nothing to with voting system. Sageofpeace thats exactly what I mean I think useful.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 2/7/2012 10:52:38 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
2/7/2012 10:53:03   
Cookielord12

i think we should be able to vote on which feature of balance needs tweaking the most then the Devs focus on it for a while
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/7/2012 11:07:13   
xxmirxx

Okay as paying customer do you really want to see your weapons being nerf if just release like within 2 months. Or for example 2vs1 was nerf within week after release by then most people already pay for it and it was free too.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/7/2012 11:10:08   
Cookielord12

Yep. id rather have a good game not corrupted by balance issues and give up my varium powers. i want competition.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/7/2012 11:25:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Also AE is known for it weekly releases so delaying will count to it (because you need more time) but not making releases rarer. Postponing release because X players don't like it while Y players want it is poor idea (read beginning of my post).
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/7/2012 11:33:11   
xxmirxx

quote:

Postponing release because X players don't like it while Y players want it is poor idea
I think your missing picture either want see release this week or next week its like priview Design Notes we take look but with details on stats of weapons and balance. Yes I read your post for future try type in black if long.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
2/7/2012 11:39:32   
Stabilis

I think that the development and coding team should agree upon which update ideas are a possibility and then get input from us forum users, declining or accepting each suggestion. We keep every suggestion that has not been rejected by us.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
2/7/2012 11:44:19   
Oba

Lol wut? Vote if you want a update or not?...Dude... xD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/7/2012 11:48:21   
Stabilis

^ I mean for when the staff is preparing an update, they create a ballot showing what it will include, and we are free to veto any suggestion within good reasoning of course.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/7/2012 11:49:22 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
2/7/2012 11:49:35   
Ranloth
Banned

One more point to make:
If they give us a choice, and they done work for let's say Balance and we want new items - what happens next? Work gets postponed until items are done while release is postponed overall because items are missing. They'd need to ask weeks in advance - games have planned releases for months in advance, take AQ for example; you can't fit everything in whole year of releases.

Also, unless rule states so, blue font is readable and visible and is permitted to be used in your posts. I do so for sole reason of making it less boring to read (black = boring) and blue is easier to read and remember (along with other colours). (fact)
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
2/7/2012 11:53:25   
xxmirxx

You guys remember if lets say it pass all ed players take vote so not easy postpone release. I think many of you think just forum members take vote.
quote:

If they give us a choice, and they done work for let's say Balance and we want new items - what happens next? Work gets postponed until items are done while release is postponed overall because items are missing.
Well teach them to make more balance instead of nerf item within 2 months at least.
quote:

They'd need to ask weeks in advance - games have planned releases for months in advance, take AQ for example; you can't fit everything in whole year of releases.
I don't think that true even say so because I think weeekly planning or monthly planning.
quote:

I do so for sole reason of making it less boring to read (black = boring) and blue is easier to read and remember (along with other colours). (fact)
Some people colour blind like certain colours people can't make out and writing in all blue gets distracting.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 2/7/2012 12:03:13 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
2/7/2012 12:37:20   
IsaiahtheMage

Yeah then like midnight assasain said the game would become controlled by varium players. Having all of us players decideding what gets implemented or not is not going to go well with all the Vars and non-vars having different opinions and views its not gonna work.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/7/2012 12:45:06   
Ranloth
Banned

May anyone playing AQ confirm that planning is usually done weeks or even months ahead there? If ED has seasonal events that must happen, they cannot fit everything because that event is a priority. Teach balance team? You seem to know more about Balance Team than they know themself.. Strange isn't it?

Please do not accuse others of rule breaking. If you suspect it, report it to a Moderator or Archknight.

To answer your question. The AQ team actually plans up to a year and a half in advance, every week detailed, with notations on what could/should come next after that planning. But, that is not concrete as special things come up and such that can knock a release back a week to several months. I've had most of my quests never come out when they were originally scheduled. It's just the way things are. So, if a team has a month planned, with 4 quests/releases scheduled that MUST come in order, changing it would be extremely difficult on a whim or last minute decision. It throws off the entire schedule. ~Eukara Vox

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 2/8/2012 14:08:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
2/7/2012 12:47:14   
midnight assassin

@ Trans
Yup planning takes months or a year since they are not yet releasing the arch mage.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/7/2012 13:21:22   
Stabilis

I don't mean to flame, but if you don't become involved in discussing a game (ex. using a forum), you wouldn't really be someone who cares about it's future; or someone who cares about the game besides their own pleasure. Its not wrong to be a pro player and not use the forum, but generally every game concept is simply the environment that you become forced to adapt to... if you choose not change it yourself.
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
2/7/2012 15:26:04   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

This is a very good thought. Why not add it in-game. From inspiration from this thread, here is a just posted suggestion. Do view but do not discuss.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20060724
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/7/2012 17:26:17   
rej

Of coure there should be a voting system. I spent a good deal of money on this game, so it would be greatly appreciated if the Devs showed that they valued my (and other paying players) opinions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/7/2012 20:41:45   
xxmirxx

quote:

May anyone playing AQ confirm that planning is usually done weeks or even months ahead there?
I wasn't talking about AQ since has nothing to do with ED.
quote:

If ED has seasonal events that must happen, they cannot fit everything because that event is a priority. Teach balance team?
It would only be push next week so they can fix changes if pass down.

Please stop pointing fingers and accusing people of rule breaking. Stick to the topic and ignore accusations. Report them, as that is ALL you are supposed to do. ~Eukara Vox, Forum Moderation Staff

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 2/8/2012 14:07:17 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
2/7/2012 22:18:35   
Retrosaur

I see where xxmirxx is going with this.

HeroSmash has somewhat of the same system-ish, with their "battle polls", but in order to vote for "new weapons", they must win battles to vote. Sounds like a plan :D>
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Do you think there should be voting system. Read rest
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition