Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Feb 8 Design Notes - Everybody Loves Raymus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Feb 8 Design Notes - Everybody Loves Raymus
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2012 18:23:27   
edwardvulture

quote:

February 08, 2012
Everybody Loves Raymus
Welcome to another week, my EpicDuel droogies! This week’s going to be a little short on content, but big on features that all players should find something to their liking!

Drip Drip Drop!

Starting on Friday, EpicDuel will feature PvP drops. Essentially, every PvP battle in EpicDuel will work like an arcade battle, and every time you defeat one of your friends (or a complete stranger), you’ll have a chance at adding something nice to your inventory. It could be a weapon, it could be a gem, it could be a useless tin can... it is a mystery! Who knows what your opponents could be hiding?

Inventory Clearance

We’re not implementing stackable items yet, unfortunately, but Mission Items like the Skull Card, or special items you get for missions will no longer count toward your inventory space. This should benefit players, especially low-level non-varium players who have had to find ways to clear out enough space for mission items. With gem drops, one could stockpile a little treasure with this update...

The Realtor

We’ll be making improvements to the Housing system in EpicDuel, starting with the presence of a Realtor. Due to the increase in the housing market since the Exiles started returning to Delta V, there is an increasing demand for Realtors, who are able to lead customers through the benefits and risks of purchasing real property. One man, known simply as Mr. Alexander (or “Raymus” as it says on his deskplate) has stepped up to the challenge. Visit his office to learn more!

Heartbreaker Continued

We’re not continuing the Heartbreaker Saga this week, but be prepared for new faces (maybe someone who the exiles can use to their advantage?) and more chances to use that infinite mission item inventory space!

Teh Fixed!

Here is a comprehensive list of some of the minor fixes and features in this update!

• Mutating Weapons now appear in the finder search
  • Retrain cost caps at 500 credits
  • Juggernaut now awards more credits for a victory (for the Juggernaut)
  • FIXED Tactical Mercs can no longer use Blood Shield when do not have enough HP to use it
  • FIXED FinderBot laggy when multiple filters are selected
  • FIXED Scrolling too far down in FinderBot
  • Added drag and scroll functionality to the FinderBot

Bad Aftertaste

Some insects store the toxic chemicals from the food they eat in their body fat, which makes them poisonous. Think about the Monarch Butterfly caterpillar, a Nymph butterfly that is the classic example of this system. It eats milkweed and stores the iridoid compounds from the plant on its body fat which makes the caterpillar nasty and poisonous. Insects that sequester toxins from their diet, such as caterpillars in the family Nymphalidae do so as a protection from predators. However, this leaves them open to parasitic and viral infection.

:3^^^>

Tags: Cinderella drops PvP bug facts Heartbreaker balance Finderbot Fixes Raymus

Tagged! ~The Game

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 2/8/2012 19:41:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
2/8/2012 18:24:24   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Wow, this is going to be great! 500 credits to retrain, things that drop from PvP battles, way to go creative and step the game up a notch guys!

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 2/8/2012 18:26:49 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/8/2012 18:29:18   
DeathGuard

quote:

Starting on Friday, EpicDuel will feature PvP drops. Essentially, every PvP battle in EpicDuel will work like an arcade battle, and every time you defeat one of your friends (or a complete stranger), you’ll have a chance at adding something nice to your inventory. It could be a weapon, it could be a gem, it could be a useless tin can... it is a mystery! Who knows what your opponents could be hiding?
One word: Finally This release seems a bit content lacking bt features update fills it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/8/2012 18:33:40   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

They are well needed features, that make the game better and more entertaining, i wonder what the drop % will be.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/8/2012 18:39:11   
Matrix77

will the drops applies to NPCs as well?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/8/2012 18:41:14   
Basicball

@matrix, i honnesty hope not :3

hope one of the items is some more tokens though

< Message edited by Basicball -- 2/9/2012 3:00:47 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/8/2012 18:43:58   
Matrix77

lol i was just wondering since it said to PVP, and P vs NPC is like PVP too except against an artificial player :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/8/2012 18:44:45   
IsaiahtheMage

Sounds good.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/8/2012 18:46:15   
supermasivo

^^ they said PVP reward NOT PVE reward.
Epic  Post #: 9
2/8/2012 18:46:22   
Stabilis

If you beat me in battle I drop empty health boosters.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
2/8/2012 18:46:23   
Master Volcon

I love the credit cap on retraining. I have been looking forward to that for a long time :)

The item drops should be really interesting. I can't wait to see the weapons (If my luck is as good as it is in the arcade, I will never get one :3 )
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/8/2012 18:46:52   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Possible more Housing Features and Battle Drops. In a few more releases, Epic Duel might need additional servers. Community evolvement. Very exciting. :D

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 2/8/2012 18:47:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/8/2012 18:52:07   
Fay Beeee

I was wondering that also.
Do the drops include fighting npc and friends (other than random)?
Epic  Post #: 13
2/8/2012 18:52:30   
Master Volcon

Question directed towards Cindy

I know you might not know, but do you think that Boosters will still be inventory space? They are mission items sometimes
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/8/2012 18:56:37   
Stabilis

Can Raymus help me sell my houses?! EDIT: For serious.

Posting in all caps is considered spam. ~The Game

In some cases I suppose.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/8/2012 19:15:59 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
2/8/2012 19:00:31   
goldslayer1

still no War kill bar yet?
i expected the war kill bar to be in that list of "teh fixed"
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/8/2012 19:03:42   
Matrix77

@gold - don't think there is any, no mentioning of it returning on the dev's twitters either
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/8/2012 19:04:18   
StriderAigis

random drops yay, guess ill start playing again

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/8/2012 19:27:25   
rej

I only wish that all updates could be this good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/8/2012 19:31:10   
Stabilis

Raymus = Ben 10's grandpa XD
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
2/8/2012 19:36:27   
DestruRaGe

Yeaa thx for adding those drops! It will definitely help nonvars gather credits faster! and also it encourage players to pvp!

Epic  Post #: 21
2/8/2012 20:33:07   
rej

I hope the drop chance for items with be twice as high in 2v2 and juggernaut as that of 1v1, since a single 2v2 or juggernaut battle take twice as long as the average 1v1.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/8/2012 20:58:22   
nico0las

The team's on a streak of good releases. I'm awaiting this one with my fingers crossed. It sounds good.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/8/2012 21:00:52   
Sageofpeace

if this update doesn't get delay thing will be looking good for epicduel
Post #: 24
2/8/2012 21:01:33   
Lord Nub

So 2v2 players get twice the rewards as 1v1? 2v2 players will get twice the faction influence one of these years?

Too many things that make 1v1 far more advantageous and this just makes it worse...

It already takes 3 times as long for an average 2v2 match than a 1v1 but 2v2 players don't even get twice the rewards as it stands now...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Feb 8 Design Notes - Everybody Loves Raymus
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition