Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Good vs. Evil Alignment!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Good vs. Evil Alignment!
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/5/2013 7:59:12   
Everest
Moving Mountains

The Oversoul homepage says "Your alignment and other factors will determine who you can possess. If you can do battle with it, you will have the possibility to possess it." Will you be good so you can possess evil beings? Or will you align yourself with evil?

< Message edited by James Lu -- 10/5/2013 7:59:12 >
Post #: 1
2/10/2012 20:33:05   
BlueKatz

I wonder if it's just Good and Evil or base on the Alignment Compass (Good Evil Lawful Chaotic)

If the Alignment effect the battle (like cards uh?) then the compass sound way better
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/10/2012 20:35:08   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

All I know is that I'm totally going Evil. If it does turn out like the Compass than maybe Lawful... but never Good, never Chaotic.

I hope this has a significant impact on gameplay.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
2/10/2012 20:38:45   
  DragonUltraMaster
I am Moglin!

I'll go with my normal startegy: stay good :P
For some reason I just can't pick evil

//D.U.M
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
2/10/2012 20:50:13   
alexjones50

I expect to see evil dominating given what happened in herosmash.

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/10/2012 20:58:35   
Lord Hades

I'll be good. Kind of ironic that I have to side there to be the devil's advocate.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/10/2012 21:04:06   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Oooh, that's a tough one. There must be pro's and con's to each, but which could outweigh the other..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/10/2012 21:35:23   
Mordred

That depends on which view I agree with. If Evil's merely out to "rule teh worldz!", then no. But, if it's a grey-er type of Evil, then it's quite possible. It also can't be all about "the unshtoppable powah of D4rkn3zz!" Vice versa's true for Good as well. They can't be all "for all that is holy" or "by the Light" 24/7. Guess what I'm hoping for is an allignment system that goes beyond the norms of most fantasy games.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
2/10/2012 22:14:05   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

Depends I guess, will your alignment choice be permanent or can you switch at any time and/or under certain conditions?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
2/10/2012 22:30:30   
Alpha Seagull

Ahmm probably Evil
AQW  Post #: 10
2/10/2012 22:33:14   
Kinzdor

Not relay sure. I might be evil,though I am not sure.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/10/2012 22:34:53   
Jorath
Advocator of Wills

Tough choices, but I will always pick Good over Evil. It would be nice if your alignment can be switched under specific conditions.

< Message edited by Leon ShadowHart -- 2/11/2012 1:41:05 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
2/10/2012 22:42:37   
Kinzdor

I wonder if it would be possible to have you`r aliment set as evil,and posses good characters,make them evil, and vice versa.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/10/2012 23:11:54   
Garazza

i would stay neutral until i get a good feel for bath sides...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
2/10/2012 23:57:54   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I'm going to side with good; I've had characters that dance the line between good and evil, but have never fully crossed into it. Probably going to stick with that theme, I enjoy it more :)

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
2/11/2012 0:24:03   
  1welve Gull2
Cryosphere Conflagrant

All my characters generally do what they do for a reason, not really being good or evil specifically (save Jake Aces and Japanime K, one each of my AQW and HS characters who are based on the same character, they are just plain evil). What they do may be "bad" but in their mind at least (which is what really matters), they have a good reason.

I guess the best way to put it would be that they have morals, but will do what they feel they need to, to meet their goals.

I can't force my characters to be what they are not, so hopefully a new character comes to mind to use for this game (or maybe the Jake Aces/Japanime K might be adaptable for here, depending upon the games story), but at the moment I wouldn't be able to say whether they might be good or evil, even if they are based on pre-existing ones. For example, Jake Aces/JapanimeK are evil, but the character they were originally based on (my main AQ character who is essentially the same character as my main DF character), isn't much like them at all at this point, as they are more neutral.

-Gulls

< Message edited by 1welve Gull2 -- 2/11/2012 0:52:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/11/2012 1:37:33   
Desmodus

More then likely I'll be evil. I don't make a good good guy in any case; and besides, the dark side has cake (not a lie!).
AQ AQW  Post #: 17
2/11/2012 4:11:19   
Lorkade

I usually pick good whenever I have to decide such an alignment in games because in real life, I'm nowhere as evil as the character portrays when you align with evil.

~
Lorkade

AQW  Post #: 18
2/11/2012 5:02:44   
Corvus Corax
♥ Senpai ♥

So if I align with good, I can posses evil characters? I guess I'll have to wait and see the actual game mechanic before I can speculate seriously. In general, I usually align with good and try to look as evil as possible. :)
AQ AQW  Post #: 19
2/11/2012 5:28:11   
DoomRevenant

I will probably see, depends on the characters.

But judging by my experience I will probably go with Evil.
AQW  Post #: 20
2/11/2012 5:38:33   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

At this point in time, I can't really be sure one way or another. Generally speaking, I play on the good side of things (and possessing evil things would probably be cooler anyway), but I'll have to see the finer points of the alignment system before I make any final decision one way or the other.

...Though be able to hover around neutral and take the best of both worlds would be awesome.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/11/2012 6:02:16   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

It really at this time does seem to be an incredibly difficult choice to make, so I can't say for certain presently, what I would pick as my side.

I have 2 evil alignments if you consider aqw and hs. But on the other hand, I have 3 good, aq, df, and mq. Although that doesn't include some of the others.

So yeah I have to admit, this is a really interesting scenario where i think a lot of us aren't quite going to know what to pick, yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/11/2012 7:42:48   
BadDream Productions

Well If I remember he did post some screenshots on his twitpic a while back of look of the game, Which included a moral Compass of sorts and had the Faction Neutral on it, If nuetral is availble then I will probably go for that but as Usual with most games I have played, I will go Evil.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/11/2012 11:44:57   
AQWorldsTombSK4Life

Wait, what? If we start off as a soul, will we just fight someone with no body then defeat them and take their body. I wish to know but i will wait. And What will happen if we defeat nulgath in his own game?
Post #: 24
2/11/2012 12:45:10   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Oversoul reminds me of shaman king. There you have a spirit companion with whom you soul merge and then fight together.
I am very curious about how this will work here. I would go for evil just because always playing the good guy gets boring :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Good vs. Evil Alignment!
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition