Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Changes to experience gains!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Changes to experience gains!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2012 18:46:54   
Goony
Constructive!

When they introduced changes to battle rewards they also rescaled the experience gains!

What was introduced under the guise of being a beneficial change to help with credits also came at a cost to the time it will take to level a character.

new/old

Win vs equal/lower level - 12/12
Win vs +1 level - 16/22
Win vs +2 level - 20/32
Win vs +3 level - 24/42
Win vs +4 level - 28/52
Win vs +5 level - 32/62

My discussion points are:
Is it fair to newer players who could beat higher level NPC's/players that it will now take longer to level?
Did they go too far with the decrease?
Should experience boosters cost less now?
Should experience gains be scaled based on level?

< Message edited by Goony -- 2/11/2012 19:22:37 >
Epic  Post #: 1
2/11/2012 18:53:44   
Basicball

My discussion points are:
Is it fair to newer players who could beat higher level NPC's/players that it will now take longer to level?
yes, if they didn't do this, they would've gotten credits WAY to fast

No, same reason as before

Good question ... ima go 'yes, but not a lot' on this one, as exp from normal fights is still the same

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/11/2012 19:07:03   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@BB Actually, the problem was that low levels weren't getting credits fast enough and ended up suffering through levels with bad gear because they leveled too fast.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/11/2012 19:10:21   
Sparticus

I started a noob just to see how things went and I found two things, it took slightly longer as a very low level player to gain a level. The second thing I found was I had more credits then I was accustom to having and could purchase weapons I usually didn't bother with. I still got to level 6 in under 2 hours but I own an AUX and a sidearm which is kind of cool at that level.

I think this was the point of the adjustment. At low levels, the increase in levels went way too fast. Players didn't earn any credits doing it and thus had none to spend when they needed to. This might make it slower at higher levels to level up but for the low level noobs this is an unfortunate but necessary adjustment so they will have some credits to get stuff. Most of the fun of this game is getting new stuff, even noobs need new stuff. This helps with that. They leveled way too fast before.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/11/2012 19:21:08   
Goony
Constructive!

^Yah I did too, took my non varium mage from level 3 to level 10 and was a bit of fun (although I only got 1 drop)

I'll add another question, since I think that while the change will help lower levels, but the grind from the mid 20's to cap is going to be a lot harder.

@below, that would be good! Do you have a quote that shows that will happen and if so that makes this thread less relevant...

< Message edited by Goony -- 2/11/2012 19:41:42 >
Epic  Post #: 5
2/11/2012 19:22:49   
Ranloth
Banned

That's where Lvl scaling comes to play. It's confirmed that Exp and Credits will also scale based on your Level but Hudelf cannot do it on his own and needs Titan's help on it to get it implemented.
Ratio will stay the same but rewards will go up/down (depends on Lvl probably).
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
2/11/2012 19:25:31   
DeathGuard

Well, it is not fair nor unfair, this was to benefit them a lot since in higher lvls you need to have full equipment already
They didn't, it gives them way more credits so when they're higher lvls, they can affort equipment.
Well, I think they should costs 10% less than they cost.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/11/2012 20:09:53   
ur going to fail

for 2v2, you get more credits if you loose now though (if you kill at least one guy).
Epic  Post #: 8
2/11/2012 21:49:21   
Goony
Constructive!

Exp gained on win = 12+(leveldif*4)(1+charlevel*0.05)

So, for every 20 levels exp would double ;)
Epic  Post #: 9
2/12/2012 0:38:34   
mercilessking

I don't know anything but I hate the way they changed the hybrid armor but luckily I'm a cyber hunter
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Changes to experience gains!
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition