Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Kosefira's Collated OOC threads

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Kosefira's Collated OOC threads
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/5/2013 5:12:43   
Kosefira

Of course.
Post #: 51
3/19/2013 19:57:13   
kkutwar

Shouldn't I technically still have Workshop and be able to use it? I don't believe you gave an in-game reason for why Kutar can't still use it. Granted not like there's many Boss Battles left, but I could probably fashion Petrify-Resistance/Immunity items from the basilisk's corpse. Speaking of, how many Boss Battles are left before the Final Boss?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
3/23/2013 2:35:25   
Kosefira

The Basilisk is the last petrifying enemy down there so there's no real point resisting it now.

List of remaining bosses:
Czylton
Dahlia
Orochi
Ari
Post #: 53
3/23/2013 20:09:43   
kkutwar

What happened to fighting all those Uber-Forsaken? Plus I thought there were going to be either so many bosses or Providences the characters would become powerhouses. Granted Wrath V has been running for almost two years, and ideas/concepts can change in that time. Is the Necronomicon ever going to show up again? If Czylton already has the power to reshape universes then why did they need it anyways? If the Necronomicon is that powerful wouldn't we try to use it?

Anyways, there's still plenty I could use Workshop for regarding the dead basilisk. I could salvage whats left of its eyes for a Petrify effect on a weapon, or use its hide to increase weapon strength and cloak durability. By the way, whatever happened to Ajenk's guns? Thinking about it there's a number of loose plot threads, such as what happened to Darkblade's lightning elemental and why he stopped helping the Teru.

Thinking about it now, I can see several reasons why your player base is decreasing/not increasing: The first, members such as Random, CV and Zafnick just disappear without warning. The second, the game does take a while to update. Seventeen pages in and it has been nearly two full years since Wrath V started. Which follows into reason three, new players never having anything to do with Wrath before probably feel frightened they won't understand the plot. In hindsight it might of benefited if you had summaries of each game and character storylines made. Nobody would know the Providences were originally sealed away NPCs if they weren't told. Which follows into my next reason, some current players might of gotten confused or lost when they forgot something important. By this point the only people left from Wrath I are Tree of Wind and Superemo. Even then Supes is the only one that's been through all five games. Shreder came in during Wrath IV, myself Wrath III and DA either II or III.

No offense, but this game suffers from Continuity Lockout and content being Lost Forever. None of us had the idea to record our games until sometime afterwards, and you & I are the only people I know that record their games. Heroic made some copies, but overall I don't think anyone saves anything besides the three of us. Wrath is an epic UCaG franchise, but it suffers from inactive players and lack of past information. Since there's only four bosses left and a whole swarm of NPCs, Wrath V shouldn't last more than three maybe five pages from here.

Anyways, once Wrath is completed what will you do next? That one Halloween game was pretty good, and I think you tried a cooking-based PAM game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
3/23/2013 20:16:11   
1girlhousefan

Are all the inactive players available for takeovers? If I takeover an app, can I make minor changes?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
4/1/2013 6:54:43   
kkutwar

"Hawkeye: Can boost allies' attack and magic power"

In percentages how much would this be, how many turns would it last and is it Stackable? Figured since Orochi is one of the last bosses that there'll be special things to look out for. Could Shreder, I and DA create a Band move by using Sakura Strike/Blazing Feathers/Northern Wolf on a single target?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
4/1/2013 9:54:23   
Kosefira

I agree that this game has gone off a lot of rails but this was actually one of the first A&R games I've run. I'm absolutely flabbergasted at it's longevity. I only had a basic plan at the start and made up a lot of the material on the fly. At around the second thread I started developing much more detailed plotlines.

The Necronomicon was only taken so it wouldn't fall into the wrong hands, Yuko strictly forbid anyone to try and use it and Maro carries on his wishes so there's no point trying.

Czylton doesn't have the power to create an entire universe. The Heart of Calamity was a forbidden realm that exists outside of normal reality. Czylton essentially copied part of it into his world, then dragged other worlds around it to hide what he was up to.

The removal of Workshop was in fact a balancing act. You're essentially the most powerful player at this point, so letting you get more and more powerful beyond the Providence abilities is a little unbalanced.

A lot of plots have to be cut because players disappear in the middle of them. Consider it as unfinished side quests that were meant to be part of the main game.

The boost lasts for the entire battle and stacks with other boosts, but not with itself. It gives you roughly a base 50% boost to each. The thing about Band attacks is you never know until you try.

My workload has increased exponentially since the start which has reduced my updating time, so once Wrath ends I might take a break from running games for a while. Trick or Treat on Nightmare street ran into a problem because I didn't want any battles since it was dealing with ordinary kids, and the cooking based game was just...ludicrous.

All inactive players are available for takeover. You can make some changes as long as the general feel of the abilities and weapons is the same.
Post #: 57
4/1/2013 12:04:14   
1girlhousefan

Black_Fatalis 1girlhousefan
Character Name: Fatalis Black Pandora Lilith Ravenna
Race: Draconic (has some flight abilities) Human, probably. Telepathic
Weapon/Inventory: Draconic Sword (anti armour, element boost), Small dagger, Ventus Grace, Blowpipe (infinite poison darts)
Subordinates:
Dahka: Warrior [Piercing Strike, Morale Boost]
Type: Attack Magic/Vigor
Providence:
Blaster Arrows- Fires homing, armor-piercing magic arrows
Twincast- Produce a sphere of colour. When two spheres are in range, a powerful spell is released.
Float- Allows up to 3 allies to hover over the ground
Dragontail- A powerful sword attack imbued with the might of dragons
Air Raid- Shoots many homing shockwaves into the air
Dragonbreath- Incinerate enemies with scorching flames

Bio:
This one will suit my purposes. Maybe I shall finally be found...

She is locked up somewhere in a different universe entirely. She has no idea where she is. She has been using telepathic mind control to control random beings in hope to find where she is, and perhaps, rescue herself from her chamber. Nobody knows where she is, and whoever locked her up in there must be dead, because she can't find anyone who knows. Her telepathic range spans at least an entire multiverse, but she doesn't know it. She can only control one person at a time. She has searched Fatalis' memories in his... inactivity, and decided to use him next. It wasn't like he was doing anything.

Yes, this is a minor change... Weapons and abilities are exactly the same, but fighting style might be different. Is this acceptable?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
4/6/2013 9:44:46   
Kosefira

You're in. Is this update acceptable?
Post #: 59
4/12/2013 19:52:55   
deathlord45

Master Merlin deathlord45
Character Name: Ice Istari Shadow Frost
Race: Vanir (Transmutation) Unknown, most likely some kind of spirit
Weapon/Inventory: Elven Sword Staff, Azure Pyreblade, Purification Powder x2
Subordinates: Tsuki Rifleman
Type: Protection Magic
Providence:
Magnetic Field- Create a magnetic field
Acid Rain- Rain acid from the sky
North Wind- Produce a massive subzero blizzard
Recycle- Convert useless materials into usable items
Chilling Zone- Amplifies the effects of all ice elemental attacks

Bio:

He doesn't remember coming here he doesn't remember much really not even how he got into this body. The last thing he does remember is that he had been enjoying a nice day with his wife then nothing he no longer has a body he's been trying to find someone who has any memory of what he looks like or who he is or was.

His fighting style may be a little different.

< Message edited by deathlord45 -- 4/12/2013 19:53:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
4/19/2013 6:40:01   
kkutwar

How many times can Micronova be used in succession, and can they materialize inside the boulders of Rock Rain? How would Micronova react to fire? I was thinking Rock Rain + Micronova + Blazing Feathers could work as a combo. Plus, how would Neutron Force affect Micronova? Do falling objects retain or gain enhanced speed when hit by Neutron Force, or does Neutron Force have a set speed for everything? Is there a weight/size limit for what Neutron Force affects? Is Neutron Force top-to-bottom, or can the point it affects things be modified?

By the way, could we use Mana and/or Stamina to modify how some Providences work? Like instead of a cluster of boulders, I could expend mana and stamina to make a massive super-boulder instead. Or Area-of-Effect moves being limited to a specific target, like Hourglass slowing down just the enemies so allies can take advantage of it. I was also thinking Type could play a hand in this, like a Saboteur could make Rock Rain explosive or a Vigor Type could make Rock Rain hit harder. Granted, given how late in the series these changes seem better for a proper sequel or spin-off, maybe an eleventh hour superpower for the Final Boss.

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 4/19/2013 6:54:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
7/7/2013 12:03:33   
1girlhousefan

I realize I have no idea what kind of bow Ventus Grace is. This is scandalous! All I know is that it probably has something to do with wind, and doesn't run out of ammo...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
7/31/2013 3:20:04   
kkutwar

Question, does everyone have the same amount of mana overall or does everyone have a different amount? Secondly, how much Mana does a Providence consume and are they overall values or specific to the Providence cast? Third, can we regenerate Mana during battle and if so what's the rate?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
7/31/2013 5:44:40   
Kosefira

Generally players of magic types have more mana than normal players. The rule of thumb is the more powerful and widespread the spell, the more mana it consumes. Your Hourglass/Rock Rain/Neutron Blast/Sakura Strike combo easily uses up about 60% of your total mana. Mana regenerates constantly if you don't use it but it regenerates faster if you're resting. During battle it's about 1% per second.
Post #: 64
8/19/2013 15:40:57   
kkutwar

7/31/2013 17:26:12

How much Mana would you say Kutar had when he had to stop and how much Mana would you say he regenerated so far? That, and how much mana does each of those burn up individually?

Now

I take it the Blessing of Magic/Dexterity/Aegis/Hawkeye/Might are Super-Versions of the normal types, the Blessing of Revolution being a second type being added, and the Blessing of Weapons & Providence either being upgrades or new Weapons/Providences. I'm not sure what Blessing of Camaraderie is but going by the definition I assume it involves teamwork. Still, if its alright could you provide us a bit more information on what each Blessing does?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
9/5/2013 17:53:17   
Tree of Wind

Could I get a list of what Dragon's new abilities (Eye, Heart, Scale) do? Peter's and Bastone's seem self-explanatory. Thanks.
AQ  Post #: 66
9/5/2013 17:59:12   
kkutwar

Well I figured Eye is some sort of ocular attack, such as lasers or a status effect gaze. I would presume Scale means he fires off scales, while obviously this is Heart: "Heart, which represents love and communication and enables telepathy and empathy, as well as potential mind control." In seriousness, I figured it was a chest beam. Though I would like to know how much of an extent our Types have been improved by.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
9/5/2013 23:38:30   
Kosefira

Kutar stops pretty much when he doesn't have enough mana to cast another spell. In the time it took to reach Dahlia's altar, he's recovered all his magic power. Hourglass uses about 10% of your total mana, with Neutron Blast using about 7% and Rock Rain about 5%. The same applies for your new abilities because you gained a boost in mental power as well.

The point of being vague was that it's a surprise.

Scale is a support move; it provides an added draconic bonus to defense. Eye uses Dragon's perception to negate any evasive bonuses enemies have. Heart is a joint move with either Bastone or Peter.

I forgot to add the new type abilites before. They're up now with a new format.
Post #: 68
9/6/2013 0:53:08   
kkutwar

Oh, well that makes sense. Regarding the infinite bombs of Saboteur, how exactly does that work? Is it "pull out bombs" or could I release a flood of explosives from my sleeves? Additionally, how much variety is there to their explosives? I figured I could combine it with Geode Rain (by chucking sticky bombs at them) so that they explode shortly after they fall. I would also like to know how much time is now slowed down with Time Turner.

Regarding Quartet Blow, does that require four separate entities or just the four types? Additionally, could Mage Bastille/Xeveria's Bitterness/Seal of Hephaestus/Magnetic Field be used on Geode Rain? I figure either freeze the boulders or put the cages around them, and apply Seal of Hephaestus to damage the crushed enemy's magical potential. Magnetic Field would be to mess up enemy stuff up, and assuming it has magnetic materials in it, group the Geodes into one Mega-Geode. Additionally, if it could be frozen and applied with Seal of Hephaestus could a shatter attack be used on it to cover the entire battlefield in those little pieces of magic impairing rocks? I figured either Insanity Blaster or Astronova to shatter it. By the way, would Double Edged Sword also require a separate entity each or just the required types being involved?

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 9/6/2013 1:04:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
9/12/2013 12:22:29   
Kosefira

Consider the explosives like items in your inventory. You need to activate each one before throwing it, so you can only use them one at a time (or two if you can be ambidextrous).

Those abilities can probably be used in conjunction with the others, but not many of them would have the desired effect. Mage Bastille would trap an enemy so you could cast Geode Rain over a smaller area. Xeveria's Bitterness does freeze things, but the only effect it would have on the geodes is it would cool them down a lot. Seal of Hephaestus can only be used directly on enemies. Geodes are often formed of mineral compounds, not metals, so Magnetic Field won't group the geodes into the mega-geode.

Band attacks to require one person to fill each role. Having fewer people fill the roles is like trying to be in a marching band where everyone plays two instruments. And good luck finding someone who can play a tuba and the drums while marching at the same time.
Post #: 70
10/22/2013 13:15:21   
kkutwar

quote:

Time Turner- Slow down the effects of time for all hostile targets for a short amount of time

In my opinion this actually seems a bit of a downgrade as from what I understand it only affects hostile targets. There's also no specifications as to how long it lasts or how much it slows them down. I would of figured gaining selective control over what Hourglass affected would of been a better upgrade, since there are uses/advantages to slowing down anything such as being able to use Rock Rain as stepping stones.

Besides that, how much stronger is Geode Rain compared to Rock Rain? Oh and you could of used all this Providence upgrading/modifying to give me back Workshop. Just saying.

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 10/22/2013 13:17:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
4/15/2014 10:15:17   
Kosefira

There really isn't a point to having Workshop at this point. And geodes are made of crystals which are usually sharper and harder than rocks.

Everyone gets five points to spend on whatever bonuses they want, and takeover applications will remain open until the final boss is defeated.
Post #: 72
4/15/2014 22:23:00   
1girlhousefan

Is what I did even allowed? if not, I can change it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
4/28/2014 20:39:09   
kkutwar

4/15/2014 23:26:27

Speaking of legal, how come we don't get the choices of making a new Providence, giving ourselves another class, and modifying/enhancing our racial power? Or another choice could be making ourselves a new weapon or piece of equipment. Besides that, could you give us a definitive list of Czylton's abilities? Oh, and since Workshop's whole thing is augmentation & creation and technically I would still have it I can upgrade its effect so I can use mental energy/stamina/health/etc to create temporary weapons as well as cast temporary weapon enchantments?

Now

Shreder hasn't been on since 11/30/2013, so what are you going to do with his points?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
5/2/2014 14:06:07   
Kosefira

Points are transferrable, Shreder's character has been moved to inactive and Shadow has four weeks to claim his points.

I will allow you to upgrade Workshop this once. And please cut me some slack, this is still technically my first A&R game ever and is barely held together by duct tape as it is. If I'd known this game would take off the way it did I would have put more thought into the planning stages.

Czylton has six abilities, one of which has been blocked now. The others you will have to find out as you encounter them.

Twincast colours:
- Heat based
- Ground based
- Energy based
- Air based
- Cold based
- Gravity based
- Light based
- Shadow based
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Kosefira's Collated OOC threads
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition