Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 1 of 1812345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/22/2012 13:16:20   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

February 22, 2012
The Heart Breaketh
Heartbreaker Saga Continues

For this round of missions, report first to NegaWraith for your orders. This will be a very dangerous endeavor for all those involved, mostly because you will be tangling with Alydriah's fearsome Alydroids! However, bringing down Alydriah’s citadel is worth the effort and the risk.

The time has come for action, Exiles. Administrator 12’s Legion Resistance has made all the necessary preparations. If you haven’t completed the Heartbreaker missions thus far, you’ll want to complete these missions prior to going forward.

This will also lead to the explosive conclusion of the Heartbreaker Saga, and its associated rewards.

From Broken to Mint

It seems like a lot of players are really enjoying the PvP drops. Have you won anything awesome this week? This week, to increase the excitement, we are adding a new class of item to the PvP drops: broken items! This may not seem like a bonus at first, but these weapons will be versions of Varium weapons, and some genius- say Ulysses- might be able to repair them to full functionality for a small Varium fee that is a % of the regular purchase price.

Founder Appreciation

With the EpicDuel anniversary coming up, we would like to give our Founders a special reward. In thanks for supporting us when we were a small project made by two young men working out of a two-bedroom apartment. Today, our staff has doubled and we work out of a small office. Movin’ on up, baby!

In appreciation of those who supported us in the early days, we are giving every Founder and Elite player a special item: the Founder Bike! Those with the Founder achievement will be able to ride in style on this exclusive hoverbike. You can acquire this exclusive item by visiting Negawraith (who has been kind enough to stash these bikes) in Fortune City and taking the bike from his inventory.

Tags: Cinderella Heartbreaker NegaWraith Founders Broken Weapons PvP Drops Missions Bike
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/22/2012 13:22:14   
Cookielord12

quote:

It seems like a lot of players are really enjoying the PvP drops. Have you won anything awesome this week? This week, to increase the excitement, we are adding a new class of item to the PvP drops: broken items! This may not seem like a bonus at first, but these weapons will be versions of Varium weapons, and some genius- say Ulysses- might be able to repair them to full functionality for a small Varium fee that is a % of the regular purchase price.

Yes! If i get Class change then i can use left over varium for item repairs :D
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/22/2012 13:26:04   
Ranloth
Banned

Finally spare Varium will have an use! XD
Also will broken items have same drop chance as current drops or higher? :3 And yay for Founder Bot! ;D Although I have Charfade's; bought recently too ._. - I will still probably use it or both. ;D
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/22/2012 13:37:23   
Smackie El Frog

Sweet, new bike! Also, rewards you say? Looking forward to it.

On a greedy note, how about bumping up the rating of both the elite and founder cheevos? XD That would be greatly appreciated

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 2/22/2012 13:40:05 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/22/2012 13:47:34   
Oba

How freaking sweet! :D Now even I will start using bikes =D
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/22/2012 13:51:04   
TurkishIncubus

If broken items will give varium with sellback, that means my 10k will stay longer

Epic  Post #: 6
2/22/2012 14:09:36   
Teamextreme737

Cool.

< Message edited by Teamextreme737 -- 2/22/2012 14:10:03 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/22/2012 14:21:19   
PD

I really hope we won't need to buy the bike for the same price to buy normal bikes. Not every founder is rich.
Post #: 8
2/22/2012 14:34:03   
Oba

^I had not thought about that! o.o I hope its for free :s
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/22/2012 14:36:06   
Fay Beeee

WOW!!! NIce. :) Thank you very much. Appreciated.

Well I read it as a gift.

quote:

With the EpicDuel anniversary coming up, we would like to give our Founders a special reward.

again - no word of buying here. :)
quote:

In appreciation of those who supported us in the early days, we are giving every Founder and Elite player a special item: the Founder Bike! Those with the Founder achievement will be able to ride in style on this exclusive hoverbike. You can acquire this exclusive item by visiting Negawraith (who has been kind enough to stash these bikes) in Fortune City and taking the bike from his inventory.

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 2/22/2012 14:45:58 >

Epic  Post #: 10
2/22/2012 14:36:26   
Stabilis

And congratulations founders, you are our elders here.

AQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/22/2012 14:50:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

On a greedy note, how about bumping up the rating of both the elite and founder cheevos? XD That would be greatly appreciated

they are the highest cheevos in the game and u want them higher >.>

im glad founders didn't get an armor buff (which isn't needed seeing how old the armor is)
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/22/2012 14:55:14   
button33

More founder perks... What about everyone else? We paid for this game too, and we can't give founders something every year. Some of us paid more than founders, don't we deserve something? Granted founders did buy first, but if the rest of the non founders didn't buy, the game would be broke.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/22/2012 15:01:34   
Oba

quote:

More founder perks... What about everyone else? We paid for this game too, and we can't give founders something every year. Some of us paid more than founders, don't we deserve something? Granted founders did buy first, but if the rest of the non founders didn't buy, the game would be broke.

Lol, go to bed
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/22/2012 15:04:15   
Ranloth
Banned

You know, Founder and Elite players were still the one who put money into in-secure game which could've failed; money wasted and game is simply gone, doesn't exist. So without us, there would be no ED technically.
Also AQW does it as well, difference is you gotta buy even 1 month membership during set time period to get a badge, usually a pet and a sword. So it's perfectly fine. Bike is just for show also not actual item to use so it shouldn't really matter.

< Message edited by Trans -- 2/22/2012 15:07:15 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
2/22/2012 17:06:08   
IsaiahtheMage

Sounds ok I guess.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/22/2012 17:08:01   
One Winged Angel1357

Free stuff for Founders sounds great I just hope in all the fixes and everything you have found a way to make bikes less laggy(Rule 1 at most parties is either no bikes or no gear which includes bikes)

Also Like Turk said can we sell these broken Varium weapons for a very small amount of varium like 15% of its % worth(talk about a tiny refund)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/22/2012 17:11:27   
rej

*Hopes that there will be another crazy mission worth 2,000 battle tokens.*
Wishful thinking? Maybe....
Looks good.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/22/2012 17:14:23   
Joe10112

And here's where me, the Beta Player steps in and asks:

"Bike pl0x for Beta Testers?1/!?!????"

I like it. (New drops). Just wish I could get a dang drop...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/22/2012 17:20:32   
supermasivo

I have to insist in something here... rusted assault bot MUST to get a NERF here! it is totally unfair watching so many non vars debuffing 80% same like u with normal assault bot VARIUMED! same situation happened with jugger cards... one cred and one var making same effect.
Or u buff assault bot to 90% or giving extra damage or giving a "new skill" for people that pay real money to get it faster.
i know u have to give F2P ppls an extra help in battle but u have to respect ur varium players too...
i knou u are gonan say "nobody forced u to buy that bot with real money" but i really need it in that time before and i had no time to waste in arcade battle at the expense of my BTokens.
Yes, i pay for it 1200 var and crdits (i dont remember how much) and now u come with that bot making same effects for ZERO $.
Epic  Post #: 20
2/22/2012 17:24:37   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Buying Varium is meant to give you an advantage, in and out of battle. That's the point of upgrades, but it doesn't mean that non-Varium players should be unable to compete at all. In fact, we don't want the competitive nature of PvP to be ruined by having too large of a power gap between free and paying players. The Rusted Assault Bot gives non-Varium players their first easily obtainable robot (relative to the original Assault Bot anyway). However, Varium players still have the advantage in the numbers and diversity of the robots available to them. Sometimes the Varium advantage will come from that diversity, rather than from bigger numbers.

You can expect free players to have the Rusted Assault Bot now, so you can also adjust your strategy to deal with it. Free players on the other hand don't know whether to expect a Assault Bot, Gamma Bot, Yeti or Azrael's Borg. They have a lot more threats from bots to deal with.

With that being said, this thread has unfortunately degraded into a pretty shameful showing. I've seen a good bit of bashing both free and paid players despite cleaning up this thread multiple times, so I'm locking this thread. Everyone deserves basic courtesy, whether they have supported AE through purchases or not, and some of you have forgotten about this in your posts. Please do not remake this thread.

Locked.

From here.
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
2/22/2012 17:32:51   
One Winged Angel1357

@Supermassivo You had the Gamma Bot and the Assault Bot before the Assault bot even entered the arcade so Assault bot has lived a nice full life(19 months) it can be fair that he steps down to the ranks of us "lowly" F2P's
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/22/2012 17:52:22   
Lord Machaar

Maybe new Heartbreaker missions is enough to make me feel excited to this update. Rest is just like "Are you talking to me or founders?"

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/24/2012 12:34:26 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 23
2/22/2012 18:40:17   
Master Volcon

With Founders without founder armor get the new bike?

This is interesting because if they can limit an item to be sold to 1 subsection of the gaming population then perhaps they can make a level 35 founder armor and make it only available to founders. It would basically get rid of the constant buffs, just come out with a new version.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/22/2012 18:43:11   
Oba

^
quote:

Those with the Founder achievement will be able to ride in style on this exclusive hoverbike.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 1 of 1812345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition