Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 2 of 18«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/22/2012 18:48:47   
Sparticus

quote:

giving every Founder and Elite player a special item: the Founder Bike!

TY for the bike.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 2/22/2012 18:50:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/22/2012 18:55:02   
Epic Pwnser

Thanks Titan Nw and team.
Looking forward to the new shiny founder bike.
Epic  Post #: 27
2/22/2012 19:00:44   
streetnaruto

eh they should put something like aqw 1-2-3 supporter to show more appreciation not only to founders for but for people who buy varium (or earn ) in that period of time. This might be the 2nd best selling game in ae but its sure no where close to deserve it. Flame me if you want but this is my opinion and ultimatly the truth.With no balance, a heap of luck huge,huge gap between var and cred. What is left to love?
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/22/2012 19:03:57   
Stabilis

^

You speak the truth brother.
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
2/22/2012 19:05:40   
streetnaruto

o if you didint understand i am not looking forward for the broken (/cough var stuff cough) items nor mission because for the lower avarage lvls 28·30 killing these npc is not fun or easy and require putting all your stats onto the npc`s strenght . (ex phys defense)
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/22/2012 19:05:45   
Question Mark?

Ulysses?
YES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
YES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
ULYSSES.
YES.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 31
2/22/2012 19:13:19   
DeathGuard

quote:

eh they should put something like aqw 1-2-3 supporter to show more appreciation not only to founders for but for people who buy varium (or earn ) in that period of time. This might be the 2nd best selling game in ae but its sure no where close to deserve it. Flame me if you want but this is my opinion and ultimatly the truth.With no balance, a heap of luck huge,huge gap between var and cred. What is left to love?
I do agree with you, but I don't think I would support it, we had lots of trouble back in time against founders and I don't want it to be started once again because of their ranting or non-founders' complaining, if Devs wants to reward non-founders it will be their choice obviously and by their heart's intentions. We get something? Nice. We get nothing? Nice too, at least other receives some appreciation. Please let Devs take those decisions, your post was lightful but honestly it will cause troubles since many won't agree with you.

@On topic: New missions? Oh well, they will be added to my record :3
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/22/2012 19:30:58   
Retrosaur

What gap lol.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/22/2012 19:38:07   
nico0las

quote:

In appreciation of those who supported us in the early days, we are giving every Founder and Elite player a special item: the Founder Bike! Those with the Founder achievement will be able to ride in style on this exclusive hoverbike.

Why thank you so much ^^

< Message edited by nico0las -- 2/22/2012 20:38:15 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/22/2012 19:55:03   
ORDER

Thanks for the bike!!! I know I might seem bipolar after saying I was going to quit after the terrible frostland war, but seems like this game is back on track. I love drops, more credits, cheaper housing items, cheaper retrain, more missions, better stories, and cool npcs. I am still mad about the 1000 dollar war general achievement but overall this game is getting a lot better. I’ve learned my lesson and just won’t participate in things like frostland war and war cannon cheevos. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice… well you aint gonna fool me again. Overall the game is the best it’s ever been and I’m confident it’s going to get a lot better. Thanks again Titan, Nightwraith, Charfade, Hudlef, and Cinderella.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
2/22/2012 20:15:29   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I joined december 23rd 2009, same time as founder, i missed out because my mom was being a fashist about not letting me pay for a game i just started.... e.e
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
2/22/2012 20:28:52   
AQWPlayer

Joe...I agree with you...beta testers never got anything that's actually useful :/
Unlike the ones who payed, getting a whole set of weapons and armor =.=
Seems like the gap started since beta...hmmmm...
AQW  Post #: 37
2/22/2012 21:20:48   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

quote:

o if you didint understand i am not looking forward for the broken (/cough var stuff cough) items nor mission because for the lower avarage lvls 28·30 killing these npc is not fun or easy and require putting all your stats onto the npc`s strenght . (ex phys defense)

I'd like to point out that you say "/cough var stuff cough" but if you read the design notes you would see that the items being dropped are broken items that are already being sold. In this case, would you rather buy the varium item, or get it as a drop and not spend as much varium on it. In the end, the drop saves you the varium. Personally, I think this is great, it's shame though that some people do not see it as that.

Also, please try and get this topic back on topic (Sorry if this sounds mini-modding, but I felt I must post this part), the devs have support everyone in some way, whether you want to disagree or not. In December, the Devs gave everybody, varium and non-varium alike, 10 free inventory spaces. Not only that, but the game also has 2 hours of daily double EXP and double credits, whether the time schedule for that is tough to you or not, it benefits everyone and is due able by most players.

Finally, I'd like to note that the Founder Bike should just be available as stated in the design notes, to just founders. Founders are just like the upholders in AQW, the founders in this case are benefited for supporting the game at such an early phase, when no one really know which direction the game was going. I'd like to include that there are only so many founders left, and the bike has no beneficial impact on PvP. If you are going to try and say that it's unfair that founders get it for free, please read the second paragraph over again.

I hope this helps you understand the points easily,
Practel

@StreetNaratu

"This may not seem like a bonus at first, but these weapons will be versions of Varium weapons, and some genius- say Ulysses- might be able to repair them to full functionality for a small Varium fee that is a % of the regular purchase price."

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 2/22/2012 21:48:31 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/22/2012 21:38:21   
streetnaruto

nothing you can say will change how i feel.What i said its still true. O to they guy who said what gap? Theres a ginormous gap between var and cred with ench,robots,special effecting weapons and armors and a lvl 34 aux. You know how it feels when you fight a ch? Op you say? now change ch with var same answer.While I DO want ed to succeed i fear that it will not.

o also if you read the dns it says "it will not be a bonus (or something like that) until fixed with varium /gap

Double posts merged. Please use the edit button to add comments to your post instead of posting twice in a row. ~Ashari~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 2/22/2012 21:51:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/22/2012 21:44:52   
One Winged Angel1357

@streetnaruto how is the gap still epicly wide when there are some Variums complaining that F2P's are no longer free wins
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/22/2012 21:58:33   
Mr. Black OP

So when is this coming out?
Epic  Post #: 41
2/22/2012 22:00:33   
streetnaruto

becuase there not getting a 95% ratio and got scared theres still a gap . Ive seen support mercs aux get killed of by yeti. ive seen those 40+ plus ench on every stat. heck i fought a lvl 23 bm with 40+ ench and he made my 30-35 def look like childplay And the lvl diffetence was 5! just cuz he had varium
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/23/2012 0:03:29   
Hun Kingq

The real question is, "Do the so called founders still support the game, financially?' I have seen low level players with founders armor, so if they have founders armor why are they still a low level? Then look at their inventory, as founders you expect they would have a huge inventory but they don't. It is great they reward people who first played the game but if they are spend less now than before, why reward them?
Epic  Post #: 43
2/23/2012 0:08:52   
Angels Holocaust

I could care less about this bike. It's useless, in no way does it help me in battle. We might as well get another achievement. So thanks for again giving us something that we didn't ask for.
Post #: 44
2/23/2012 0:10:34   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@angels We've had our time on top with our armor. Also, several people suggested a Founder Bike a long time ago. Glad to see they finally decided to add one.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/23/2012 0:15:26   
Nub Apocalypse

I really have nothing to say about this update apart that I hope the new bike isn't an overdone job.
Post #: 46
2/23/2012 0:17:56   
Remorse

Great release.

I dont understand why founders and elites are the only ones to get rewarded.

So someone spent $50 back then....

What about the people who have spent $1000 later on...
Must be a slap in the face to them.

My opinion is instead of slapping everyone who has suppoted the game but happened to be after a particular date in the face.

Give everyone who has supported the game an OBSURED amount say above $100 (for a 2d falsh game $100 is ALOT!) a reward...

This may sound a bit selfish and Im sorry.
But I just dont see why they have to contantly discriminate those who supported the game at a later date.

Yes they old suppoters, supported the game to make them last and they have been rewarded CONTANTLY for that , But slap the people who are supporting them now.....
sheeesh.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/23/2012 0:19:17 >
Epic  Post #: 47
2/23/2012 0:22:38   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@remorse The bike is free to Elites and Founders and can be bought by others if I read Practel's post right. Would you rather Founders and Elites get another armor buff or a bike they most likely won't use all that much?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/23/2012 0:35:36   
goldslayer1

quote:

This is interesting because if they can limit an item to be sold to 1 subsection of the gaming population then perhaps they can make a level 35 founder armor and make it only available to founders. It would basically get rid of the constant buffs, just come out with a new version.

no way, founder was already the best armor for like 2 years. (still yet leading in stat points, and art)

quote:

Would you rather Founders and Elites get another armor buff or a bike they most likely won't use all that much?

if founder got another armor buff i would be here raging debating fiercely about it until weeks past the armor buff.
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
2/23/2012 1:23:23   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Nevermind

< Message edited by Battle elf -- 2/23/2012 1:24:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 2 of 18«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition