Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 6 of 18«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2012 16:08:59   
goldslayer1

quote:

Hey, you mentioned it, now you're totally deflecting my argument. Great going buddy.

Alsooooo what you wrote is nowhere near to a reply to my post.

ok so what do u want me to say?
yes elite players were promised unlimited var. but that was only when nw and titan were the solo duo.
when they gave the rights to AE, AE had the rights to revoke NW and Titans promise.
but thats something u need to take up with the big boss. however he might be to busy talking about how his right hand pinky nail broke, instead of important issues.

but that still doesn't change the fact that founders basically saved 25%+ money on buying armors because they had the best armor from day one for like 2 years.

quote:

You are still not founding for that.

once again, hiding before a tittle as an excuse, when in reality ur no more than that other person who purchased a large pack yesterday.

in reality, its all equal. but this founder tittle and ur rewards have seprated players, and founder are held as a higher regard when once again, we're all equal.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 16:10:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 126
2/23/2012 16:09:53   
Oba

@street; Yes I know. And last year did EpicDuel also have a kind of "Upholder" reward. An achievement. Yet they didnt this year, why I do not know, but the AQW upholders still dont get the Founder's reward (non-mem dragon pet) do they?

< Message edited by playarn -- 2/23/2012 16:10:54 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 127
2/23/2012 16:11:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

Yes I know. And last year did EpicDuel also have a kind of "Upholder" reward. An achievement. Yet they didnt this year, why I do not know, but on AQW upholders still dont get the Founder's reward (non-mem dragon pet) do they?

no, upholder is like a founder status spin off, except with one of the best sword in the game as a reward. BUT THATS IT, its ONE TIME. not rewards like several time. also the requirement to get upholder, i believe is only like $10 (for the month membership when upholder comes around)

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 16:12:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 128
2/23/2012 16:12:48   
Oba

Again Gold, AQW founders do get a reward each year, several times... And for the "upholder" cheevo on EpicDuel you only had to buy some varium, on AQW you have to buy membership.

< Message edited by playarn -- 2/23/2012 16:14:04 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 129
2/23/2012 16:14:17   
Stabilis

@Cinderella,

This is a relevant but strange question: will staff slow down with item development? Not in the quantity of new items, but in the quality of new items. I suggest that the following releases keep up with their production rate, you guys are at a good production rate right now. However, if balance team decides that the next Armour or next Primary should be better by more than 2 stat points, they are wrong! The level of power in this game has to slow down!
AQ Epic  Post #: 130
2/23/2012 16:15:25   
Santa ClawZz

@Gold again

It doesn't give the right to AE at all. The contract would still be valid anyway. Also, them being a "solo duo (whatever that means)" doesn't mean anything as they had a business running and
contracts to respect.

You got the Eggzokas free with the 10,000 varium package during easter. You have had them for a year without any need to buy new bazookas because still remain the best.
AQW Epic  Post #: 131
2/23/2012 16:18:46   
streetnaruto

its 2 items(pet and sword) starsword and dragon ONCE every year. pet being the founder bike sword being the founder (without op) Upholders get the same item in a different color that founder(1`st upholders) get.That IS FAIR
AQW Epic  Post #: 132
2/23/2012 16:18:57   
goldslayer1

quote:

It doesn't give the right to AE at all. The contract would still be valid anyway. Also, them being a "solo duo (whatever that means)" doesn't mean anything as they had a business running and
contracts to respect.

You got the Eggzokas free with the 10,000 varium package during easter. You have had them for a year without any need to buy new bazookas because still remain the best.

actually the 39 damage bazookas, seem to be better depending on the build.

and and before eggzooka, i had to keep buying the next best thing yes. but with the purchase of eggzookas, im not getting anything else in the anniversary. so its completely different scenario.

@playarn
u cant compare the pet founder dragon pet, to ED';s most epic armor in battle for 2 years, best in stats so far, and best in art aswell to a dragon. (which is all they got when they got founder, aside from cheevo) then founders here get a cheevo that gives them a ton of rating.
its a completely different system.

for aqw it would be acceptable, (unless they somehow add pets in pvp to do battle, and some how founder ends up being the best) but in ED the founder armor disrupted everything for those that aren't founders. while in aqw the dragon has done nothing but fire breathing.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 16:20:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 133
2/23/2012 16:20:47   
Stabilis

Its funny how many say that you get things "free" in some varium cases. Talking about promotional items, they aren't free. You had to pay $50 just to own it.

-PLEASE READ: Not all promotions :PLEASE READ-

Everything from Frostbane and up.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 2/23/2012 16:21:52 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 134
2/23/2012 16:21:38   
streetnaruto

varium is membership playarn and it almost cost the same if not exactly the same
AQW Epic  Post #: 135
2/23/2012 16:22:35   
Santa ClawZz

@Gold (you're killing me)

Just as the Eggzokas have rivals with more damage or tweaked stats, they still remain the bazookas with most stats, just as Founder Armor (which has 2 less resistance than any other new armor)

I mentioned the Eggzokas as an analogy to Founder Armor only, not to the Founder status and the perks it brings. You keep mentioning it as the best armor with 25% saving and bla bla bla, so I had to give you another example of a perfect Promotional offer.

If you wanna go to the Founder status thing, go read my other post, in page 5.

P.S. You're not winning.
AQW Epic  Post #: 136
2/23/2012 16:23:19   
Stabilis

I'll be the judge of that!
AQ Epic  Post #: 137
2/23/2012 16:24:40   
Oba

quote:

its 2 items(pet and sword) starsword and dragon ONCE every year. pet being the founder bike sword being the founder (without op) Upholders get the same item in a different color that founder(1`st upholders) get.That IS FAIR

AQW Founder - Dragon pet ONCE every year.
AQW Upholder - Starsword ONCE every year.

ED Founder - Bike ONCE every year.
ED "Upholder" (Year of the Dragon) - Achievement ONCE every year.

HeroSmash Founder - Founder armor + helm. A few days ago they also got a sword. PvP tes + PvP tester achievement
HeroSmash Upholder - ... Well its not that old yet.

..I for one call that achievement as a upholder opportunity atleast. Why no such thing came this year do I wonder...

< Message edited by playarn -- 2/23/2012 16:30:38 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 138
2/23/2012 16:28:10   
Stabilis

Should you consider Year of the Dragon? After all the achievement only arrived once. The bike is a distinction. It is one of multiple gifts. The achievement is one and only.
AQ Epic  Post #: 139
2/23/2012 16:29:17   
Oba

Yea I figured that aswell, which is why I edited my post above :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 140
2/23/2012 16:30:38   
goldslayer1

quote:

Just as the Eggzokas have rivals with more damage or tweaked stats, they still remain the bazookas with most stats, just as Founder Armor (which has 2 less resistance than any other new armor)

eggzooka, strong for not even a year yet. founder, strong for 2 years.

quote:

I mentioned the Eggzokas as an analogy to Founder Armor only, not to the Founder status and the perks it brings. You keep mentioning it as the best armor with 25% saving and bla bla bla, so I had to give you another example of a perfect Promotional offer.
theres a big difference however.
here we knew what it was, people knew that eggzooka would be strong for a while. and so did the devs. u can even see examples of that from the original bunnyzooka which is still a pretty good zooka if ur going for the no requirements. and from that we knew eggzooka would be strong. i had no idea that founder armor would have been this strong for so long. and i had no idea founders would want more rewards even after they received the armor, badge, and 1k free var. ontop of that free beta weps.

and yes there is a difference between these things weather u like it or not, because when eggzookas were released we had no enhancements on zookas at the time. (i think they were released a week after eggzookas along with gun enhancements) armors had enhancements for a while. and everyone that didn't have founder had to buy the next best thing. also founders got the lvl 12 armor, so if they were low lvl, they would also have a good armor. and having 2 armors with ultra rare status, has also given them a huge boost in rarity score.
AQW Epic  Post #: 141
2/23/2012 16:32:58   
Oba

quote:

eggzooka, strong for not even a year yet. founder, strong for 2 years.

You dont think they still are strong? ... Geez
Bunnyzooka (1 lesser stat point, 4 lesser dmg) is soon 2 years old and can still compete with the newer auxes.

@Down; Indeed that was frustrating.

< Message edited by playarn -- 2/23/2012 16:34:32 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 142
2/23/2012 16:32:58   
Stabilis

A great example of upholding is buying a house in Beta.

When you do so, game staff decides one month later that you don't need the perk of jumping between maps, and makes jumping accessible to everyone.

Then we upholders who bought a house for the sole purpose of jumping get very very frustrated. Did I mention that this was why I had joined the forums?
AQ Epic  Post #: 143
2/23/2012 16:35:16   
Santa ClawZz

quote:

i had no idea that founder armor would have been this strong for so long

Thank you Gold. You've proven my point and every other Founders' point.

You had no idea it would be so strong, because you didn't like what you saw in ED in that period.
You had no idea it would be so strong, because you thought the game would fail since it was repetitive.
You had no idea it would be so strong, because you weren't willing on throwing away 50$ on a game that was just introduced into the market without any previous experience.

Founders FTW.
AQW Epic  Post #: 144
2/23/2012 16:36:27   
Oba

^Couldnt have said it better myself!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 145
2/23/2012 16:36:53   
goldslayer1

quote:

Bunnyzooka (1 lesser stat point, 4 lesser dmg) is soon 2 years old and can still compete with the newer auxes.

bunnzy has equal stats to egg if u add enhancements. and bunny has no requirements (aside from lvl) unlikeegg.
and yes it can still compete. (atleast bunnyzooka with a str build) but founder is just that tittle that basically tells the non founders "im better than u" and thats how it felt when founder dominated since the armor came out.

and for founders to be held in higher regard over people who spent like hundreds of dollars is just simply wrong. no matter what ur argument is.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 16:41:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 146
2/23/2012 16:40:25   
Santa ClawZz

@Gold (will you ever stop)

Actually, that's how non-Founders felt until 2011 came bro, until armors with +8 def/res and 2 less stats than Founder came. Before that, Founder was OP. Fair or unfair....does it really matter or does it have to be discussed 1 year later? No. What matters now is that Founder is in par with many of the new armors, if not weaker (Beast Rider's frostbite).
AQW Epic  Post #: 147
2/23/2012 16:43:53   
goldslayer1

quote:

Thank you Gold. You've proven my point and every other Founders' point.

You had no idea it would be so strong, because you didn't like what you saw in ED in that period.
You had no idea it would be so strong, because you thought the game would fail since it was repetitive.
You had no idea it would be so strong, because you weren't willing on throwing away 50$ on a game that was just introduced into the market without any previous experience.

actually i had no idea about the armor (at the time, because i was still new. i got to lvl 25 in the first day in beta, and later went back to aqw to take care of my clan) and no i thought the game was good, one of the reasons, i didn't continue were founders having an armor that was better than any other armor at the time. and because (whos name i dont remember) 1 founder acted cocky simply because he was just a founder.
and yeah i was willing to spend money on it. i spent $800 on this game, the time wouldn't have mattered.

but guess what, if i was a founder, i wouldn't be here asking for armors buffs or more founder rewards, and use the "im a founder" line, or the "we were the first to upgrade in the game" card. because I HAVE INTEGRITY.

quote:

Actually, that's how non-Founders felt until 2011 came bro, until armors with +8 def/res and 2 less stats than Founder came. Before that, Founder was OP. Fair or unfair....does it really matter or does it have to be discussed 1 year later? No. What matters now is that Founder is in par with many of the new armors, if not weaker (Beast Rider's frostbite).

well really its like 2 years later. but ur right it doesn't matter, founder is on par with today's armor. but after that long time, why do founders want more? u had ur good run, just let it go.
AQW Epic  Post #: 148
2/23/2012 16:46:20   
streetnaruto

Founder get another perk along with bike.Wait for it.......A patethic excuse to whh its fair to get more.While the non founders get the real answer because the multitude wins:P We rule
AQW Epic  Post #: 149
2/23/2012 16:49:09   
Stabilis

^ I wouldn't consider frostbite to be an advantage because although it CAN improve gameplay, it is no more than a rate, a rate that is less than 100% as well.

What does put something like Beast Rider at an advantage over Founder is statistical overall.

Roughly, each armour point is equivalent to 4 stat points (4 dex or 4 tec).

Beast Rider
+6 Dexterity
+4 Technology
+8 Support
+36 (armour conversion)

= 54 points

Founder
+5 Strength
+7 Dexterity
+5 Technology
+28 (armour conversion)

= 45 points

Beast Rider wins.
AQ Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 6 of 18«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition