Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 8 of 18«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2012 18:08:25   
Ranloth
Banned

You answered nothing from my question. Reason why it wasn't good either? I'm looking at your Business skills right now, so if you don't have any then I'd drop it here because you cannot state reasons as of why merge wasn't good either.
AQ Epic  Post #: 176
2/23/2012 18:08:55   
Fay Beeee

he tweeted the bike :)
Nice one Nightwraith.

https://twitpic.com/show/large/8nsi38
Epic  Post #: 177
2/23/2012 18:14:14   
goldslayer1

quote:

You answered nothing from my question. Reason why it wasn't good either? I'm looking at your Business skills right now, so if you don't have any then I'd drop it here because you cannot state reasons as of why merge wasn't good either.

i didn't think i have to list reasons.

well for one, AE is what caused the prices on ED to be an all-time high for a 2D game.
secondly, due to AE's Weekly schedule, it forced nw and titan into changing their work schedule to a release a week, from a release whenever they pleased. (which if im correct was every 2 weeks) forcing titan and NW to rush releases, also probably takes part in the reason why some of the things go wrong. u know, like server crashes, bad balance, bugs.

i think AE made titan and NW uncomfortable with the pressure on speeding releases.

and i myself dont like to be pressured to do something because then things may go wrong. better to do them right the first time and not wrong several times.

so yeah basically it was a change in schedule. and they were their own boss before.
they were the ones who made the prices before, (altho gave too much for the amount charged at the time) and not AE.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 18:15:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 178
2/23/2012 18:17:13   
Ranloth
Banned

Weekly releases are a good thing, seen AQW or any other AE game? Surely small team makes it difficult but do-able. It's to entertain players and attract more to play the game - pleasing the customer encourages them to come back again and eventually invest. Business Studies. ;)
Server crashes are normal, it happens in AQW too and isn't always Dev's fault. Can happen randomly even I suppose.
Balance? Balance Team was made during late Gamma IIRC, that's early 2011 right? While ED was out for past 4 years instead. And bugs happen with every release almost, that's in all AE games as it's hard to spot every single one.
AQ Epic  Post #: 179
2/23/2012 18:19:24   
Stabilis

It seems that NW has made the theme of the bike to be wrist-blades. Does anyone else see the bike being constructed of wrist-blades and swords?
AQ Epic  Post #: 180
2/23/2012 18:19:39   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

I've been seeing a lot of posts that are very hostile to founders and non-founders alike. Let me remind everyone that you shouldn't bash any group of players. I'll be removing quite a few posts that are on the verge of flaming founders.

I don't want to see any more of this behavior from here on out. I understand that some of you might feel like your missing out, but that does not justify attacking Founders and you will be receiving a warning if I see these types of posts again.

Founders and Elites are receiving the Founder Bike as gift for sticking around with EpicDuel for 3 years with the upcoming anniversary of EpicDuel's creation. The bike isn't something that will give anyone an advantage in battle like the Founder Armor did, instead it's just a cool item to show off you were here from the start. Most players don't wear Founder Armor anymore since it's outclassed by many other armors, but a bike can be shown off without hurting you in battle (or helping you either).

I'm sorry if you can't get this bike, but there will always be other awesome items and features released for all the Varium players in the future. The Founder Bike is just a show of appreciation for our most veteran players that have stuck around through all the highs and lows of EpicDuel. It may not be the gift everyone wanted, but it's a gift nonetheless, and the one that the staff felt was most appropriate.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 2/23/2012 18:23:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 181
2/23/2012 18:21:00   
goldslayer1

quote:

Weekly releases are a good thing, seen AQW or any other AE game? Surely small team makes it difficult but do-able. It's to entertain players and attract more to play the game - pleasing the customer encourages them to come back again and eventually invest. Business Studies. ;)
Server crashes are normal, it happens in AQW too and isn't always Dev's fault. Can happen randomly even I suppose.
Balance? Balance Team was made during late Gamma IIRC, that's early 2011 right? While ED was out for past 4 years instead. And bugs happen with every release almost, that's in all AE games as it's hard to spot every single one.

well u asked my my experience on business. if i were a boss, i wouldn't be asking a 2 man team to make weekly releases.
and there u said it urself, difficult. u asked me its bad sides of the merge, u answered it urself.

quote:

The Founder Bike is just a show of appreciation for our most veteran players that have stuck around through all the highs and lows of EpicDuel

ashari, I've stuck around too.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 18:23:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 182
2/23/2012 18:22:38   
flameshow

ok I have been reading this and i think alot of people are missing a point here yes someone voiced that founders should get something a while ago but that person did not force the developers to continue on the idea of thanking founders , sure i saw one cocky founder say "we deserve this" but i dont see them all saying that. im not trying to say any of you guy's logic is wrong but not all the founders asked to be continuously thanked, i know i didn't. If the creators feel as though they should recognize the founders, well that's their decision, and we should not be here arguing over who's better and who isn't because this continues to widen the belief that founders get more then non founders because they ask for it . If you feel as though your being left out Cinderella said that ED developers were coming up with a way to thank those who have shown continuous support for the game. Isn't that enough? If this is a problem with whats fair and whats not , well thats not up to our decision, and if you would like to be able to make that choice plz do so and make your own game. If not then live with the choices that have been made and know that the creators are trying to fix this feeling of separation and will handle this issue . ... Humble Founder .... out

< Message edited by flameshow -- 2/23/2012 18:23:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
2/23/2012 18:31:12   
Lord Nub

Just wanna say this bike looks truly amazing!!! Can't wait to equip it when i fight a whole match and log off because of the way PvP has turned out in this game!!!

Dang I get to look at it for about 3 seconds a day sweet!!!

Hey next Founder appreciation day could we possibly have more control over luck factors with 0% minimums? Maybe some tournys? Group chat? 2v2's instead of 2v1s thanks to battle fails?

Boy can't wait to have some of that!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
2/23/2012 18:33:38   
flameshow

this goes for my earlier post sry if i ended up saying what she said lol even though i don't think i did i also didnt notice that post sry for continuing this ............. lets hope there isn't one for fear of this again. but i gotta say that bike is smexy ^^ cant wait to ride it

< Message edited by flameshow -- 2/23/2012 18:36:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
2/23/2012 18:41:41   
Santa ClawZz

quote:

ashari, I've stuck around too.

We know you have, but you were "incapable" of investing back then and we all know what non-varium people get for perks....
AQW Epic  Post #: 186
2/23/2012 18:41:42   
One Winged Angel1357

@Fay I don't have much memory of the Suggested version from EDF and not sure if you do but that looks sorta like it but then again I could just be crazy
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 187
2/23/2012 18:49:49   
rej

Hopefully next they will start showing Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta appreciation. An upgrade to the Beta set, and a new gun/zooka for the other three sets might be nice. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 188
2/23/2012 19:25:37   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Hopefully next they will start showing Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta appreciation. An upgrade to the Beta set, and a new gun/zooka for the other three sets might be nice. :)

But buffing the beta weapons might lower the "morale" of the gamma and delta players, and buffing the Delta weapons will lower the "morale" for players of the next phase. Seriously it's a game if you are so hurt when one player gets something and you don't then good luck outside of the game when a class mate gets a "A-" when you get a "B+" or when your coworkers gets a raise or promotion and you don't. Nothing in life is ever fair.
Epic  Post #: 189
2/23/2012 19:34:31   
Hiddenblade

im just mad that during "player appreciation week" ONLY founders get something awesome for free. Why not make another bike for EVERYONE else. I know bikes dont affect gameplay but still founders were appreciated TWO TIMES in a row. Just make us another bike please? not that much to ask....
Post #: 190
2/23/2012 19:49:01   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

@HiddenBlade

Actually, Founders were appreciated once last year in 2011, then in December of 2011 EVERYONE (Non-Variums and Varium's alike) were gifted 10 free inventory spaces, AND the slots were increased by 20. I could be wrong, but I think that is an incredibly gift for everyone. Founders are being appreciated this week, and I can tell people like Remorse and goldslayer1 have completely not read my post, so I will quote it to help them understand why it's happening.

quote:

Also, please try and get this topic back on topic (Sorry if this sounds mini-modding, but I felt I must post this part), the devs have support everyone in some way, whether you want to disagree or not. In December, the Devs gave everybody, varium and non-varium alike, 10 free inventory spaces. Not only that, but the game also has 2 hours of daily double EXP and double credits, whether the time schedule for that is tough to you or not, it benefits everyone and is due able by most players.

Finally, I'd like to note that the Founder Bike should just be available as stated in the design notes, to just founders. Founders are just like the upholders in AQW, the founders in this case are benefited for supporting the game at such an early phase, when no one really know which direction the game was going. I'd like to include that there are only so many founders left, and the bike has no beneficial impact on PvP. If you are going to try and say that it's unfair that founders get it for free, please read the second paragraph over again.

I hope this helps you understand the points easily,
Practel

@goldslayer1 We understand you've been here since the time Founder was available, and we definitely understand you've been here through the hard and cold. Founders however took an opportunity on a game that was new, unique, and I bet you a lot of the Founders had no clue which direction the game was going. You've been rewarded as a player who's supported in many ways, such is like the inventory spaces and the 2 hours of double EXP/Creds. Cinderella stated in a previous post (Chances are you might have skipped it over or misread it) that you and the others will be benefited sometime in the future. Is it to much for Founders to get one aesthetic gift, once every 365-400 days? Not only that, but it's not like the bike is the last one in all of EpicDuel. You can buy many bikes for just credits, the only thing different about this bike is it's for some small amount of players compared to the amount of players they have now. If you want to try and argue with me that non-variums are not benefited at all, PM me, we can have a cup of tea and discuss it over dinner.

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 2/23/2012 19:50:33 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
2/23/2012 20:17:37   
Fay Beeee

quote:

Hiddenblade

im just mad that during "player appreciation week" ONLY founders get something awesome for free. Why not make another bike for EVERYONE else. I know bikes dont affect gameplay but still founders were appreciated TWO TIMES in a row. Just make us another bike please? not that much to ask....

I am sure that they will when you have been here 3 years. So not long to wait. :)

Epic  Post #: 192
2/23/2012 20:18:53   
rej

quote:

But buffing the beta weapons might lower the "morale" of the gamma and delta players, and buffing the Delta weapons will lower the "morale" for players of the next phase. Seriously it's a game if you are so hurt when one player gets something and you don't then good luck outside of the game when a class mate gets a "A-" when you get a "B+" or when your coworkers gets a raise or promotion and you don't. Nothing in life is ever fair.

Luckily I've never gotten anything less than an A, so I doubt I will ever need to relate to that poorly constructed comparison.

Why is it that you are so opposed to non founders getting perks too? Are you so selfish as to think founders are the only game supporters that deserve any sort of love?

< Message edited by rej -- 2/23/2012 20:20:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
2/23/2012 20:23:43   
Stabilis

quote:

It seems we have come to a stalemate, more negative posts from people who are not in the same situation. Egyptian government FTW!
AQ Epic  Post #: 194
2/23/2012 20:33:08   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Luckily I've never gotten anything less than an A, so I doubt I will ever need to relate to that poorly constructed comparison.

Why is it that you are so opposed to non founders getting perks too? Are you so selfish as to think founders are the only game supporters that deserve any sort of love?

No, I am not against people getting things, heck I could care less if another group players got something and I didn't. I'm against people complaining for several pages about how one group of people get something and another doesn't when they will more then likely get something in the future. You probably missed the point of my post when I said "Nothing in life is fair."
As for the weapons getting buffed or weapons being given to those who participated in a different stage of ED I was just showing how the excuse of lowering another player's "morale" is a sad one.
Epic  Post #: 195
2/23/2012 20:36:12   
Solargeo

quote:

I've been seeing a lot of posts that are very hostile to founders and non-founders alike. Let me remind everyone that you shouldn't bash any group of players. I'll be removing quite a few posts that are on the verge of flaming founders.

I don't want to see any more of this behavior from here on out. I understand that some of you might feel like your missing out, but that does not justify attacking Founders and you will be receiving a warning if I see these types of posts again.

Founders and Elites are receiving the Founder Bike as gift for sticking around with EpicDuel for 3 years with the upcoming anniversary of EpicDuel's creation. The bike isn't something that will give anyone an advantage in battle like the Founder Armor did, instead it's just a cool item to show off you were here from the start. Most players don't wear Founder Armor anymore since it's outclassed by many other armors, but a bike can be shown off without hurting you in battle (or helping you either).

I'm sorry if you can't get this bike, but there will always be other awesome items and features released for all the Varium players in the future. The Founder Bike is just a show of appreciation for our most veteran players that have stuck around through all the highs and lows of EpicDuel. It may not be the gift everyone wanted, but it's a gift nonetheless, and the one that the staff felt was most appropriate.

thank you ashari and all thoose who defned the founders like me i mean even if i do not support ED we porbley support one of the other games more which HELPS AE AS A WHOLE which in terms ED so those wh down us down people who support Ae through any of its games in terms making alot of members/founders/Da owners/Star captians/Guardians/ etc.. angrey ( including me)
so if you have a problem ask every ememebr da and such
~)(Solar)(~ yes i just made my own little version of the thing the mods have

< Message edited by Solargeo -- 2/23/2012 20:39:07 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 196
2/23/2012 21:09:40   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@rej No, just no. Beta Weapons will never be getting buffed anytime in the future if I had my way. The fact that they have no requirements on them and the best damage and stats for any lvl 25 gear should be way more than enough for anyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
2/23/2012 21:19:29   
Stabilis

^

Seen any level 25s still using Beta gear? Many of these players are level 34 now, I wonder who they are?

*shrug*

I can't even sell my Beta gear for coin nonetheless.
AQ Epic  Post #: 198
2/23/2012 21:34:11   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@above You ever play an alt? Just because most Founders are 34 doesn't mean they all are. I've fought several on my alts and believe me when I say they are pretty tough to beat. They have the stats of varium players several levels above them. The low level gear is just as strong as the lvl 25 versions if I recall correctly minus the damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 199
2/23/2012 21:41:28   
Matrix77

/facepalm
/esc --> exit ED

Thank You Founders & Elites you have paid at the very beginning of the game and pretty much provided the funds for the game in the very early stages so that it can be further developed for the enjoyment of all future players (us, Vars and Non-Vars).

3 years in a row you guys are rewarded. Multiple times, on many occasions.
Just 1k varium + 1 Bike. huh what?
Armor is from promo?- Ok
Buffing founder armor multiple times? - Ok.....
Highest rating cheevos in game and still is? - Ok
Getting free stuff every year? - okay......

Varium players that did not supported the game as a founder or elite do not get a thing for what they are now doing(supporting the game)? - Fair huh?

Reasonable for founders and staff? Yes
Fair to the entire ED body of varium players as a whole? No
Fair to the founders? Yes
Fair in staff eyes? Yes
Fair to us varium players? Hell NO

@Ashari, Practel, and Lycus

Thank you all for taking your time to explain the situation to us varium players who are not founder or elites about the decision made by the staff and backing up the decision with concrete and solid reasons and facts. I completely and honestly understood the reason behind the reason for doing so.

Did you guys try to think of it on our point of view as varium players who are supporting this game just as much if not more(which isn't really the issue here) and showing our support for this game just like the founders did?

Staff appreciates all players? - So they say, so I will believe
Varium players feeling alienated? - Yup

After reading from page 1 all the way to here, I've learn one important fact. Those on the beneficial side will not most of the time be able to see the point from those of the non-beneficial side. Those of the non-beneficial side will try to fight for what they believe is right(in my case here) as this continuous appreciation style that ED does to make it "SEEMS" to us varium players like as though we are being alienated just because we aren't part of that group.

Scenario question:
Take us back in time 3 years ago....What if I purchase varium one hour after the founder promotion status ended. I missed it by 1 hour, so I didn't manage to get founder status. I stick with the game through and through until now, while I watch those founders and elites reap benefits every year and I have to pay to continue getting the best that ED has to offer to me while putting up with some ridiculous updates at times? Was it fair to me? I wonder....just food for thoughts :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 8 of 18«<678910>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition