Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Blood Mage(s), left out of the loop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage(s), left out of the loop
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2012 0:12:18   
rej

^Prophet, did you also remember to factor in supercharge's 20% resistance ignore?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/26/2012 0:35:21   
Nexus...

Yes, the presumed 45 damage accounts for the 20% ignore. If I were to go into each enemies defense and try compare the 2 using that variable as well, it might get a bit messy. From experience, my supercharge usually hits in the range of 40-50, and the standard massacre strength build will hit 25 w/o smoke, and a good 10-12 damage more with it. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that is within reason.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 2/26/2012 0:36:32 >
Epic  Post #: 27
2/26/2012 1:17:48   
Remorse

I also agree with this,

Its not like the high dex blood mages build is oped...

Yes they have reflex but they also have to invest ALOT of points into energy, so IMO opinion they should defintaely stack,

Either that or they could hurry up and change the super moves of all new classes like they siad they were gonna do, or at leadt they hinted that.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 2/26/2012 1:18:12 >
Epic  Post #: 28
2/27/2012 15:12:48   
  RabbleFroth

I'm not actually sure we want to give Blood Mages a buff (which this essentially would be) right now, since they're doing pretty well overall.

This is not to say that Bloodlust and Supercharge SHOULDN'T stack, but if they did, we'd probably have to take a little power from somewhere else. Ideally though, we do want to provide a new ultimate for them. Unfortunately this takes quite a bit of resources for the art, coding, balance, and testing, which is why it hasn't been our highest priority. Hoping to revisit this once we can get out some interrim balance fixes.
Post #: 29
2/27/2012 15:25:22   
Oba

@Rabble; I can not agree on that though. No matter what the balance trackers says, it is pretty clear that CH and TLM beats BM, pretty easy. I class changed to BM.. about 2-3 weeks ago., for credits. I had exactly 50,000 credits and now I only have 1.9k, due all the retrains I have done. And with that do I mean that I have not just tried one build, but many.

It is rather impossible for me to win over a dex CH. (If I not start STR CH's often win aswell). TLM's win due their ability to lower my dex. "Even" some STR BH's do win over me due their ability to lower my dex AND take massive dmg and regain hp.

I say that you should give assimilition +... shadow art to BM atleast. Or some other skill that improves much with dex so we can use a high dex build.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/27/2012 20:51:43   
od

quote:

I'm not actually sure we want to give Blood Mages a buff (which this essentially would be) right now, since they're doing pretty well overall.

True, but bear in mind that almost all blood mages are varium, which probably gives the impression that they are doing better than they are actually doing.
Epic  Post #: 31
2/27/2012 20:59:49   
goldslayer1

quote:

This is not to say that Bloodlust and Supercharge SHOULDN'T stack, but if they did, we'd probably have to take a little power from somewhere else. Ideally though, we do want to provide a new ultimate for them. Unfortunately this takes quite a bit of resources for the art, coding, balance, and testing, which is why it hasn't been our highest priority. Hoping to revisit this once we can get out some interrim balance fixes.

i would hate to intervene on ur reply rabble
but by pretty well, i hope u dont mean anywhere averaging 80%-85% on their str builds, and ch is capable of 95%

plus super charge is a hit that requires dex and a ton of energy. a frostbite, or an energy drainer will nullify a super charge bloodmage.
and as for str, ur average str BM uses no more 70 dex (most i seen use around 62)

they would end up being better off with another fireball attack, which cost less energy, has less requirement, and would does about twice the damage super charge would do.

making bloodlust stack with super charge, would only affect the dex build.
which ultimately may be their only good build.

because str bloodmages who use energy armor are easy beatened by tlms or BH in 3-4 turns
and if they use physical, they loose to cyber and tech mage in 3-4 turns.

also, i have yet to see a non var bloodmage ingame.
all of the bloodmages i have seen are all varium. this is what may lead u to think that they are fine.
whatever a varium bloodmage can do, a non var ch will ultimately probably end up doing better.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/27/2012 21:01:22 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/27/2012 23:16:03   
Colarndo

I've seen a handful of non-varium BM in-game. But as you know, they are only limited to doing NPCs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/27/2012 23:48:28   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@gold Sorry to burst your bubble but you obviously haven't fought a good BM if you think they get massacred by any and every TLM/CH out there. I can easily beat the 3 starter classes, TLM isn't much harder and CH is only a true pain when they're in 2vs2 with another CH. Other than that I often am the one eating them for breakfast aside from bad luck. Fireball is by far one of the most powerful strength moves in the game. If Massacre weren't an Ultimate and had appropriate non Ultimate scaling(even if it kept no block to it) Fireball would be right up there with it if not passing it. So many BM builds underestimate it until I hit them for 40+ despite their 30+ defenses.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/28/2012 19:25:23   
Nexus...

^
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you missed the entire point of this thread. It's not about Blood Mage being a strong class, its about its lack of build diversity and the fact that BloodLust/Supercharge do not stack. I have never seen an effective Blood Mage that isn't using a strength build (recently). The only other viable build for them is dexterity based, and unfortunately that build is currently handicapped because of the mentioned misstep by the developers. We all know Blood Mage can use Fireball and a whole lot of strength to win games, but they can't do much else, and that in itself is a problem.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage(s), left out of the loop
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition