Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Founder step-down VS Co-Founder .

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Founder step-down VS Co-Founder .
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2012 8:00:07   
One Winged Angel1357

Im gonna support the whole idea of Co-Founder on a faction and support VIX's Founder sets what he wants Co-founder to be able to do. because I would never let anyone besides myself control who gets kicked from the faction just to be safe.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/26/2012 8:13:48   
ngshuyi94

This is a good feature and will only do factions good.

Personally im fine with both founder-step-down as well as the co-founder feature but i would say that the co-founder feature would be less abusive(if u follow the format VIX gave).

< Message edited by ngshuyi94 -- 2/26/2012 8:14:17 >

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 27
2/26/2012 8:42:22   
rej

quote:

Small idea about Co-leader Spot In faction:

Co-Leader Permissions :

That's would keep the faction more safe + you won't be caring or scared that maybe your co leader might remove a member that u wanted it badly , like this u can limite them by permisson ;)

Well yeah i think 2 Co leader is enough, and it would keep the faction more controlled by The leader and by the 2 Co leaders.

Why 2 Co leaders ?

If the 1st Co leader was busy There is another Co leader that can takecare of the faction while the leader + the 1st leader is Busy , and like i said both of them have Different Permission.

Example:

GoldSlayer1 permissions will be ( Adding Members + Removing members + Promoting + Demonting )
TurkishIncubus Persmissions will be ( Changing Titles + Changing Flag Style )

i don't See any point of 2 Co-leaders u trust and both of them accepted their permissions to fight each others for whatever was the reaon.

And about Changing Flag Style it's not bad idea either.

I hope this is Helpfull for your idea soulprisnerx .

-VIX

Hmm... seeing the idea laid out so beautifully, I change my mind, and support the idea completely. :3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/26/2012 8:53:27   
SouL Prisoner

@ rej

quote:

u support this too ???

i mean it would be really annoying , if any Co-Founder changed your flag looks , when you already saved the one you like and then some one changes it!!

I am ok with this feature , if this to has a setting of letting the Co-founder , Edit the flag or not .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/26/2012 8:55:44   
goldslayer1

quote:

i mean it would be really annoying , if any Co-Founder changed your flag looks , when you already saved the one you like and then some one changes it!!

then tell ur co leader not to change it.
u said it didn't matter as a feature.
so why would it matter if ur co-leader changes it? just tell him not to.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/26/2012 9:03:01   
SouL Prisoner

lol , u make a Co-founder some one whom you know really well and trust him completely , and DA he would be your good frind too .

now do really expect him to listen to you all the time , nor you can warn him all time ( his your frind , u would be a bit liberal to him ) so he would change the flag style and then u ask him , y did u change ??? he would be ... " cmon bro , once let me keep how i lyk , cmon once please ???? ) now what could "you" do -.-" ??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/26/2012 9:04:09   
VIX

I've got an awesme idea , i will post them in a pic explaining about eveyrything as soon as i get back to home.
Epic  Post #: 32
2/26/2012 9:44:26   
rej

quote:

u support this too ???

I am ok with this feature , if this to has a setting of letting the Co-founder , Edit the flag or not .

I didn't, but in Vix's idea, the founder can choose if the co founder can edit the flag. Since it's only an option rather than a requirement, it's perfectly fine. So, yeah, supported.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/26/2012 18:54:56   
Mr. Black OP

I like both, my idea is a founder can temporarily step down for a certain amount of time like a week, a month, or until he decides to take control back (kinda like yours) and then his designated co-founder will receive all the powers of the founder, but until the founder steps down he is just a glorified officer, also the original founder cannot be kicked. Just my idea.
Epic  Post #: 34
2/27/2012 8:50:20   
VIX

Edited some things :
-----------------------

quote:

Edited Things! More Clear:

• Small idea about Co-leader Spot In faction:

• Co-Leader Permissions :

That's would keep the faction more safe + you won't be caring or scared that maybe your co leader might remove a member that u wanted it badly , like this u can limite them by permisson ;)

I'm Sure u guy asking why there is " Check Boxes " Near every member , I will explain :

• The leader ONLY can put a check near the memeber that he will be kicked soon , The Co Leader can see the member that has a Check near his name so he can only kick the member that has a check near his name. so the leader can set the kick for Co-leader .

Well yeah i think 2 Co leader is enough, and it would keep the faction more controlled by The leader and by the 2 Co leaders.

Why 2 Co leaders ?

If the 1st Co leader was busy There is another Co leader that can takecare of the faction while the leader + the 1st leader is Busy , and like i said both of them have Different Permission.

Example:

• GoldSlayer1 permissions will be ( Adding Members + Removing members + Promoting + Demonting )
  • TurkishIncubus Persmissions will be ( Changing Titles + Changing Flag Style )

i don't See any point of 2 Co-leaders u trust and both of them accepted their permissions to fight each others for whatever was the reaon.

I hope this is Helpfull for your idea soulprisnerx .

• -VIX
    Epic  Post #: 35
    2/27/2012 9:00:55   
    SouL Prisoner

@ VIX

hmmmm, kinda confused.... the permission of Co-Founder , i understood that is ( if its ticked , then the Co-Founder can perform the action and not ticked , then he cannot perform the action )

but wats the tick boxes in front of members ???
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
    2/27/2012 9:08:30   
    VIX

quote:

I'm Sure u guy asking why there is " Check Boxes " Near every member , I will explain :

The leader ONLY can put a check near the memeber that he will be kicked soon , The Co Leader can see the member that has a Check near his name so he can only kick the member that has a check near his name. so the leader can set the kick for Co-leader .
    Epic  Post #: 37
    2/27/2012 9:32:36   
    TurkishIncubus

Like the all other good ideas this will never happen :P, Vix's idea is good but we all know thats not gonna happen.
    Epic  Post #: 38
    2/28/2012 5:09:02   
    SouL Prisoner

@ VIX

quote:

The leader ONLY can put a check near the memeber that he will be kicked soon , The Co Leader can see the member that has a Check near his name so he can only kick the member that has a check near his name. so the leader can set the kick for Co-leader .

or wat if i say this ...

The Founder of the faction put a check near the member , who should not be kicked and is important and the following member can only be kicked by the Founder and when the the member is Ticked in front , its shows a Star in front, to the Co-Founder only . And this way he would come to know , and would not be able to kick the member . what say??? :)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
    2/28/2012 5:40:12   
    VIX

@Soulprisnerx: we can't decide about this,I've mentioned this thread to Nightwraith and he replied saying :

quote:

Nightwraith:
    @EpicDuel_Vix That looks actually looks pretty good. Bookmarking for future reference.

I'm Sure they are Clever to make this thingy Pretty fair to everyone, it's just an idea and Titan \ Nightwraith will think about how to make the functions and things...

So it's up to Nightwraith&Titan to decide about this.

-VIX
    Epic  Post #: 40
    2/28/2012 19:43:25   
    rej

^Excellent. That means we have a chance (however small it may be) for this to be implemented.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
    2/28/2012 21:21:04   
    R3lic

I support the idea of co-founder. Not to be pedantic though; but I think its a bit of a misnomer. I think executive officer or X/O is better.

CO-founder to me sounds like they helped found the faction with you originally [ie co-founded it together]. I think a lot of founders will agree the people who helped them start their faction are not necessarily the same as the people who stick with them through thick and thin and wind up being their right hand and in many cases may even be the factions true leader. Maybe in the end your original co-founder is not really part of the spirit of the faction, maybe the biggest helper to the faction is someone who came a day or two later... Co-founder doesnt really sound revokable. Executive officer is. Its earned.

Anyways thats all semantics really,,, I think co-founder is a great idea, whatevr you call it. But again I think executive officer is way a better title... [but what do I know?]

As for step down: I support this too. But I dont like idea of partial step down. If you step down you step down for good and get out of the way. You shouldnt be allowed to be "half pregnant" when it comes to your faction. Thats just bad leadership. If you ever come back you would have to get invited back by the new faction owner and or reinstated as founder if your successors steps down willingly and appoints you.

Bottom line step down should be serious and not taken lightly and done for the good of the faction. Not cause you need a vacay. Ive thought of stepping down from my faction so someone else could be leader for a while [G00ny:P]. If I gave it to him there is no take backs... it his. If he gave it back that would be his choice IMO.

< Message edited by R3lic -- 2/28/2012 21:22:53 >
    Post #: 42
    2/28/2012 21:28:18   
    Mr. Black OP

^
    Many people have things in life other than ED, so a partial step down would work better since if a person was going out of town they could have someone take care of it until they were back. The founder of the faction did pay with REAL money for the faction since it costs varium, it's like getting a pet sitter, they take care of the pet (or in this case the faction) while the owner is away. But like the little girl from the taco commercial said, "Why can't we have both?" By this I mean having both options open.
    So basically "partial step-down" will be better for casual players and "permanent step down" would be better for the more competitive players.
    I like Executive Officer better than Co-Founder too, but maybe Head Officer or something like that would work too.
    Epic  Post #: 43
    2/28/2012 22:35:06   
    SouL Prisoner

^ & ^^

Co-Founder means u pretty much own half the Faction, u have half rights over the faction (as a part u played and you earned the title)

but other names for Co-Founder , as suggested by relic and zman , the thing u suggest is kinda more like a rank , while Co-Founder is half owner , now the person who owns it has more right then some ranking leader....
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
    2/29/2012 4:25:48   
    Shadow Jester

Co founder /cough. It will bring back Legit /cough
    Aww Vix...You like goldslayer how sweet.
    I like the idea of Co Founder. Many legendary faction founders could add someone else to help them while the founder is alway
    AQW Epic  Post #: 45
    6/10/2012 8:58:32   
    Sir Nash

Great idea, it will make the factions alot better with this
    Post #: 46
    6/10/2012 9:10:24   
    Guppy

Lolwut?
    Both would be pointless, if the founder leaves and both are put in, the co-founder wouldnt be in affect because the founder would still have power. See where am I going?
    And as for what you said goldslayer1, makes no sense.

quote:

cause u think you may get hacked.
    Post #: 47
    6/10/2012 9:14:34   
    dark warrior31

Supported!
    AQW Epic  Post #: 48
    6/10/2012 9:24:08   
    goldslayer1

@suika
    u might want to quote as to what ur referring to since i have multiple posts in this thread.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 49
    6/10/2012 9:39:05   
    Wind

Great Idea Soul!

Some idea's have been thought about, where as there are some other small issues that may occur as well.

But one of them I found is, the Co-Founder for whatever kicking all the members, which the Founder wants still. So maybe and extension of the Co-Founder kicking members "idea", maybe only implement that the Co-Founder can only kick members which he or she recruited. Just a thought :)
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Founder step-down VS Co-Founder .
    Page 2 of 3<123>
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition