Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Boundless Power of Words Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Boundless Power of Words Discussion
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/28/2012 15:36:08   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

*A cloaked figure rises from a shadow.*

quote:

Nor has they ever been such a person to have ever existed in this plane of existence.

there

quote:

A elegant tea table, containing delicious-looking treats and pastries, teases the hunger in your stomach, but you let it subside when you question the strange situation unfolding before you.

an

Would you care to tell us a bit more about the witches, at least in description of how old they appear to be or what they are wearing?

The cloaked figure answers the witches' question with a dangerous smile that hints at a gateway even the bravest mortal would not thread.

What happens to Tekove's unconcious friend?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 51
4/28/2012 16:26:37   
Hiraku Tatlin

Hi Dwelling Dragonlord. As per your request, I have updated the newest entry with a brief description of the Witch of Tragic Endings and the Witch of Happy Endings in paragraphs 2 and 5. I hope they also help you get a 'not-so vague' idea of the witches' personalities.

Your question intrigues me because it was something I have thought about for Chapter 2, but haven't taken into consideration how the witches would answer it when they disclose the next chapter in their 'storytelling'. With that in mind, which witch do you ask this question to? This will have an effect on the story as a whole. The Witch you ask will be 'influential' in giving you an answer that may or may not be what you hoped for.

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 4/28/2012 16:38:29 >
AQ DF  Post #: 52
4/28/2012 17:08:30   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

*The figure's face does not point in one clear direction, but it is clear the words are directed at the witch with the tidied hair.*

That question was for you.

*Sensing the disappointment in the other witch, the figure clears the throat. The Witch of Happy Endings awaits the question like a cat lying in wait before the unsuspecting mouse's den.*

What is the bird and what does it represent?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 53
4/28/2012 18:00:40   
Hiraku Tatlin

Thanks for the Questions. After I hear one more question from another reader, I will continue part 2 of the intermission. Hearing what the Witches have to say will make Chapter 2 interesting indeed.

You might have amused the Witch of Happy Endings (I'll probably give each witch a unique nickname soon >_>) with your 2nd question, but this question is too big of a spoiler until certain characters and elements in the story..align. Because of this, the Witch will take the decency to answer it in the intermission, but in her odd little way. These witches are fickle, but are held to a certain moral code in their magic that requires them to tell the truth, but their choice of words can distort it. Rest assured, it will be answered in the story, and will connect the dots along the way as well.
AQ DF  Post #: 54
5/6/2012 17:52:59   
Glais

Hm, so if I can ask 1 Witch a question...perhaps I can ask both Witches HALF a question, to make 1 that they both help answer!

Maven Alva had some sort of manifestation that appeared as a humanoid with tentacles. What exactly...do these beings mean?

Vague question yes, but it's so that the answer may give up more than you intended...
DF MQ  Post #: 55
5/9/2012 20:20:45   
Hiraku Tatlin

Hi Guys. Sorry for the late post. Night Shifts take a while to get out of once finished >_>.

A new entry has been written with some of your questions being answered. I hope to do the next Chapter as best that I can, but I have you guys to thank to keep me going XD. Please let me know what you guys think as the narration goes back to the main story.
AQ DF  Post #: 56
5/9/2012 20:34:06   
Glais

Will gladly read. This story is so...different.
DF MQ  Post #: 57
5/12/2012 21:27:33   
Hiraku Tatlin

The story has been updated to show what happened to Lucas after he lost consciousness back in the Hermaine residence. An extra post has also been added to present the conversation that Lucas 'overheard'.

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 5/13/2012 21:41:49 >
AQ DF  Post #: 58
5/16/2012 16:48:14   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

*A voice speaks from the shadows.*

The chapters are shaping up nicely. I can't wait to see where this goes.

I really wish I had some comments on how to improve your story, but alas I don't know how.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 59
5/27/2012 19:08:46   
Hiraku Tatlin

Chapter 2.2 Has been added, and it 'starts' in the morning! If Tekove's lucky, he might get a hero's breakfast or something. Let me know what you guys think of this..ominous chapter? :l
AQ DF  Post #: 60
5/31/2012 3:52:04   
Glais

Caught up, again. I didn't actually read before when I said I was going to...

Looks like the red-eyed thing is coming back into importance, whatever it is.
DF MQ  Post #: 61
5/31/2012 10:01:02   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Hiraku Tatlin: It certainly sets the mood for larger things to come, but didn't Tekove's grandmother set in motion the demise of

spoiler:

Slugwrath? Didn't Alteon kill him?

On another note, is he using Epsilon the same way as NOVA (Network of Vespirian Agents)?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
5/31/2012 19:35:01   
Hiraku Tatlin

spoiler:

You are certainty right about Slugwrath's demise, but the dream was a memory of events prior to his..'dismissal'?

I was not sure what you had in mind about NOVA, but after googling it (Gotta love google), I admit what Slugwrath has in mind is something similar. I have plans in store on developing his true intentions..or at least explain what he's planning on handling..the red-eyed being

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 5/31/2012 19:38:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 63
5/31/2012 22:01:44   
Mordred

I've started reading it, and it seems very good so far. The concept of the magic is most intriguing, if unsettling/startling at first. I must ask, though... Where did Ice and Energy go?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
5/31/2012 22:20:37   
Hiraku Tatlin

Ice and Energy exist in the story, but I'm trying to find a way to make it effective in the 'word magic' category while still being associated to their elements. So far, Light, Fire, and Earth have been introduced (Darkness has been implied, but not directly discussed), so eventually all elements will be given mention, or combined with an existing one to make it easier to explain as long as it makes sense, like water and ice.

In any case, I'm glad to hear your enjoying the story. Please don't hesitate to give your comments, tips and advice on the story as it goes on. I'm not sure how crazy the tale will go along the way, but I'm happy to have you along for the ride :D.

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 5/31/2012 22:22:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 65
6/2/2012 19:07:18   
Hiraku Tatlin

Chapters 2.3 and 2.4 have been added with a little clarification on what happened in the "Hermaine Incident". Clara's tells 'all', and a surprising guest appearance lends a hand. :)
AQ DF  Post #: 66
6/3/2012 5:29:44   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

Having to hear his Aunt recalling the events that transpired only two days ago was like watching his Grandmother crushing each part that made his pleasant life with a deranged smile on her face.

life pleasant

quote:

"Your not taking her place. But your his family, and if there's anyone who can help him out, it's you. Other than Lucas, your the only one who understands his situation.

You're/You are, you're/you are, you're/you are

How old is Maya in your story? I'm not sure, but she sounds quite old (relatively speaking of course) compared the face I have in mind.

Other than that I have no complaints, the story is coming along nicely.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 67
6/3/2012 21:41:46   
Hiraku Tatlin

Maya is the same age as she is depicted in the game's current timeline. My guess she's in her late teens or a young adult at her early twenties.

My perception of her is that she is a really easygoing person who has a very casual way to talking to other people, but takes a more serious and open-minded in her manner of speech with close friends like Clara. You can say she is a very 'down to earth' kind of person who likes to speak in a tone of someone beyond her years, which gives the impression she is older than she looks. :)

Edit: Slightly Modified the Intro Post in this thread to pique the interest of old and new readers to the story, and the story's justification for breaking the fourth wall to anyone who has played Dragonfable. It's fun to improve not only your own story, but the post that leads you there as well :).

Well that, and I was bored >.>

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 6/3/2012 22:44:31 >
AQ DF  Post #: 68
6/10/2012 22:19:16   
Hiraku Tatlin

A new chapter has been added to introduce a new character, and a new element involving alternate dimensions that consist of Lore's characters in different personas. You might be surprised at the alternative identities of some of the characters involved.
AQ DF  Post #: 69
6/13/2012 17:53:56   
Glais

quote:

Grey Earl of Swordshaven, a patrician of noble prestige transformed into a dragon to serve her every whim.

I love how you keep referencing this Grey Earl xD

Anyhow, I have to admit upon seeing "Alternate Universe" I was prepared for the worst, but that turned out to actually be incredibly interesting! For some reason, the scenery formed in my head as this game called Verge...
DF MQ  Post #: 70
6/14/2012 8:02:18   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

quote:

They defeated presence did little to hide the magical gateway behind them, which swirled with the most malevolent of magicks. She may not have understood the intention behind it, but she knew that anything crafted from the two previously slain villains before her would have been made for ill intentions.

Their defeated presence?

quote:

His master, Countess Celestia, was defeated by her own slave, the Grey Earl of Swordshaven, a patrician of noble prestige transformed into a dragon to serve her every whim.

His mistress

quote:

Even if she could, Artix and Celestia’s necromancy and draconian magic have ravaged the lands for ages, rendering it unfit to sustain even a small community to make a living for themselves.

had
quote:

It would take years if not centuries before the soil would be fit to grow any kind of plant life, grain or vegetable without being harmful to consume.

It would take years if not centuries before the soil would be fit to grow any kind of plant life, grain or vegetable, without being harmful to consume.

spoiler:

I am reminded of an odd alliance between the same being of the worlds of Yin and Yang.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 71
6/23/2012 20:14:24   
Hiraku Tatlin

With the close of the second chapter, the second visit to the Witch's corner begins. A new entry has been added with a confrontation with one of the witches. Like the last intermission, your choices are appreciated and helpful in determining how the third chapter will continue.

I based this entry on June 23's latest quest for Dragonfable, as to why the Professor would question the Hero's innocence. The Witch of Tragic Endings is quick to point it out, but whether or not that is true is left to speculation (or is that just her way to manipulate the Hero instead?).

The Witch's question is this: With the arrival of a new character (a noblewoman/girl?), what should her elemental alignment be excluding Light, Dark, Fire and Earth? Your choice may affect the story as a whole.

..and I need to introduce new elements with word-twists somehow :S

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 6/23/2012 20:18:12 >
AQ DF  Post #: 72
6/23/2012 22:36:56   
Glais

Energy Energy Energy Energy! Perhaps it could work by altering the mental state and or mood of beings spoken to?

And...HAHA WITCHES, your attempts do not affect me because...oh fine, I'll play with you then >_>
Not like we have a choice.
DF MQ  Post #: 73
6/24/2012 14:19:15   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

She comes from a world festered with hostile magic, unable to heal it.

Energy is the element which could stand symbolic for the wild magic.

Ice is the element which represents rest, as a world which needs to be reborn coats itself in ice.

She is impatient, she is eager to see life. Energy (=Life) it is. Not to mention Light is a form of Energy, more Energy means the Light can grow stronger. See the symbolical connotations I'm drawing here?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 74
6/24/2012 20:38:09   
Hiraku Tatlin

I sort of understand where your going, but for any new elemental magic i introduce into the story, I usually draw on two ideas.

One, it must be something that can be drawn upon in a 'magical debate, a battle of wits strengthened by words and divine arcane magic'

and Two: it must be related to its associated element.

Energy seems to be the favored one at the moment. I'm going to need to think about how someone could 'shock' a person in a magical debate..I can imagine the puns that can come from this >_>

AQ DF  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Boundless Power of Words Discussion
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition