Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/1/2012 19:15:15   
Zeoth

This balance may have been the final blow to actually convince me to quit. I have been working on my 1v1 build to perfect it. I recently accomplished that. With a ratio of around 95-98%. My build just got murdered, I barely use plasma armor. Why don't u just get rid of it?
Post #: 51
3/1/2012 19:16:20   
Stabilis

►Ashari Please Read and Reply!◄

Please wait up to 10 seconds when clicking the link, if the load takes too long, try again.

►Everyone Else Please Click Here!◄

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 3/1/2012 19:37:47 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 52
3/1/2012 19:17:57   
DeathGuard

@Zeoth: It is not our problem, find another build, bh, mercs and tms are stuck with same builds and can't make others since they will get pwned while Ch has so mnay resources for build variability, try to think for once, say thanks you got liberty to try a build and make it work while other classes are being screwed.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
3/1/2012 19:23:30   
IsaiahtheMage

@Zeoth Their not gonna get rid of plasma armor just because you have no use for it. How did your build get murdered? 15% less energy regain now. That's it. Static Charge combined with Plasma Armor is what made CHs are OP because Plasma Armor allowed them to tank. And with SC they have unlimited energy. Now that SC is nerfed their energy source is no longer unlimited.
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
3/1/2012 19:23:36   
Zeoth

I still make those classes work I've done it already, don't give me that crap. So if your getting screwed over rethink your builds

Unfortunately the original cyber hunters had no use for it as well. The skill wasn't even needed and it's still an extra.

Posts merged, please use the edit button rather than double posting to add more information to your post. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 3/2/2012 15:58:33 >
Post #: 55
3/1/2012 19:28:38   
DeathGuard

@Zeoth: I'm a TM myself but I stand a chance, other tms poorly don't stand a chance thanks to all the supposed buffs (nerfs) that had killed us over time.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
3/1/2012 19:28:47   
Matrix77

@Zeoth if your build gives you 95-98% win, your build deserves to be murder. While other classes played by the best of players with the best of builds for their particular class gets around 90-92% from what I see and made an assumption for. You want an extremely high win rating build that will guarantee you almost all wins 9/10 wins all the time. Your build definitely deserves to be murder imo
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 57
3/1/2012 19:33:22   
DeathGuard

@Matrix: He just proved how powerful is CH class without using at max plasma armor, it was a good decision to nerf SC
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/1/2012 19:37:24   
IsaiahtheMage

@Matrix77 You're right. I didn't even pay attention to that until now. If you win 95-98% of the time that means you win every 9/10 battles which is 100% OP. And he said he doesn't even use Plasma Armor. So yeah his nerf will be well deserved.
AQW Epic  Post #: 59
3/1/2012 19:38:02   
Matrix77

@above, yup definitely. CH is a very formidable class and with this update, it will most likely bring them down to size with the other classes or maybe only a slight bit better but no big differences to cause any dramatic unbalances.

Decision to nerf SC is perfectly fine, I don't really mind TMs not getting any buff anymore or how mess up our skill tree is. If I'm to stick to one build and bored myself out just to be on par with other classes. I'll do it. I don't want another class heal loop and massacre me more than once in a fight, it's just insane.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
3/1/2012 19:39:01   
Zeoth

Lol what for? For being smart? I spent 2-3 weeks working on it. And I'm a casual player which is why my ratio is so high I do like 100-110 battles a day that's it
Post #: 61
3/1/2012 19:40:20   
DeathGuard

@Matrix: all I have been asking for was for a new revamped skill tree, take in mind it is not a buff but reallocating the skills through out the tree, and not even that they want to try out with TM class. It is quite a shame such awesome class should go and be left in the dust.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
3/1/2012 19:42:27   
Zeoth

I'd like to add my wins are not effortless. If anything of required a huge effort to get that ratio.
Post #: 63
3/1/2012 19:45:45   
Stabilis

I'd like to add that I accept the % nerf on Static Charge, but that skill is still benefiting Strength builds only.

In a few days, Strength Tactical Mercenaries will falter and Strength Cyber Hunters will stabilize. This is what I predict.
AQ Epic  Post #: 64
3/1/2012 19:51:07   
Matrix77

@DeathGuard - I agree with you. Agree being we do need an relocation of our skills and revamp it so that its much more easier to use though it shouldn't get extremely easy to use like the TLM class when it was first out. However I do believe the balance team is looking at ways to help each class but the unbalance ones should take more importance first. TMs right now isn't an unbalance class but it isn't an extremely good class either compared to a select few classes.

From my experience in fighting in 1vs1 thus far, I've observed that

TM = BM, these two classes each has the ability and capability to pawn each other depending on who goes first or who's got the better build/luck on their side

TM = BH, these two classes also are capable of pawning each other which makes them imo okay, since i believe there will always be some wins you just got to loose

TM < CH, at this current moment before the balances, TM is definitely weaker to CH by a margin despite our super charge builds that are capable of taking out some of them.

TM < TLM, don't really got much to say about this, I loose 80% of my fights against str or tank TLMs

TM = TM, not much to say

So to say, imo TMs aren't weak nor are we really strong either, lower level TMs are much more balance compared to higher level TMs which is a fact imo. But like I said, the unbalance classes should take priority over our class first. When everything is all cool, then perhaps the balance team might consider revamping the TM class i think? :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
3/1/2012 19:52:04   
Zeoth

I thought we were trying to discourage str builds
Post #: 66
3/1/2012 19:57:21   
Matrix77

@zeoth - we are trying to discourage str builds, lowering static makes str builds no longer gain as much energy (half a bar), which allows them to use multiple strong skills more than once.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
3/1/2012 19:58:23   
DeathGuard

@Matrix77: You calmed my mind, thanks for it and good points.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 68
3/1/2012 20:02:03   
Zeoth

Yes but by lowering Ashari stated that only strength builds should benefit from static.
Anyways Tms need a skill tree revamp. Stuf needs moving around
Post #: 69
3/1/2012 20:02:34   
Stabilis

@Matrix

In replying to you with just a few words, the Static Charge nerf weakens ALL CHs. CHs who gain 10 energy from Static Charge will now only gain 8. And these are players who do not use Strength in their build. That is NOT just.
AQ Epic  Post #: 70
3/1/2012 20:12:33   
Matrix77

@Void - I realize that as well, but do those that do not use str in their build normally uses tank? Now let's see, if they're tanking, plasma shield will play a key role to their tanking, so if for a scenario, if plasma shield was removed from CH, they are no longer strong tankers which then those with tanking class will complain why plasma shield was removed and that their tank builds are now destroyed.

After their tank builds are destroyed, and static remains unchange, what's next? Str build. Why? It's higher win rate of course. So then what happens? Strength builds are inturn fully encouraged and many will go str build base(assumption here) resulting in many str abuses from the CH class. Eventually people will complain about the strength CH class and static being key role to their str build. Then what happens? Balance team will still end up nerfing static, and wala, we come right back to this same argument about static being nerf.

Plasma shield benefits most if not all CH builds, many if not all(assuming) CHs uses plasma shield up to lv6 or higher. Whereas static is a energy regain skill meant for the entire class on a whole but mostly benefiting the str base CHs more due to static energy regain is based on the str=output=damage done to said opponent.

< Message edited by Matrix77 -- 3/1/2012 20:20:40 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
3/1/2012 20:18:10   
Zeoth

Which is why they should get rid of plasma. The main reason why CHs are enabled to tank
Post #: 72
3/1/2012 20:22:42   
Stabilis

@Matrix,

quote:

I realize that as well, but do those that do not use str in their build normally uses tank?

A stereotype? Well, we shall need Battle Tracker to determine your question, so analytics are out of the question. We can not generalize the population by stereotypes as they do not represent the individuals who are not of the group.

quote:

if plasma shield was removed from CH, they are no longer strong tankers which then those with tanking class will complain why plasma shield was removed and that their tank builds are now destroyed.

They are no longer durable tanks. It is not inherited that a player relies on cheap skills like Plasma Armour to cover their flaws (which would be defense and resistance) in battle. It should be neutralized between all classes. Cyber Hunters would only tank because of the bonus stat points gained from armour which converts to approximately 50 stat points at max. With armour, it is much easier for a tank to protect from damage, in turn allowing the player extra stat points for health or energy (in the case of focus). 3 of 6 classes have armours, 3 of 6 classes are not permitted this advantage. If Cyber Hunters complain that the bonus points acquired from armours are gone, that is their problem... abusing a cheap advantage.

quote:

After their tank builds are destroyed, and static remains unchange, what's next? Str build. Why?

Not a higher win rate. More Strength will compromise defenses. Cyber Hunters do not own nice passives like Reroute to compensate extra damage. If anything Strength Cyber Hunters will end up being the fastest build killers with a quite low percentage.

quote:

Strength builds are inturn fully encouraged and many will go str build base(assumption here) resulting in many str abuses from the CH class.

True. If I have time later I will suggest edits to the Strength stat itself. Some have recommended lower the base damage, this would be a good first step.

quote:

Eventually people will complain about the strength CH class and static being key role to their str build. Then what happens? Balance team will still end up nerfing static, and wala, we come right back to this same argument about static being nerf.

Its funny you mention that because one of my larger concerns is Static Charge scaling with Base Strength Damage. This is the issue I am trying to reach Ashari about.

quote:

Plasma shield benefits most if not all CH builds, many if not all(assuming) CHs uses plasma shield up to lv6 or higher.

1: I am against Cyber Hunters owning Plasma Armour

2: I am against Static Charge being a skill to scale with Strength

Vote for Depressed Void, your new mayor.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 3/1/2012 20:39:34 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 73
3/1/2012 20:25:17   
Matrix77

zeoth, did you realize that if plasma is rid off, CH are much more vunerable to TMs and other classes that uses energy weapons and skills? but at the same time, much more str base CH builds will be encourage due to tank builds being render useless, also not-so-smart tanking CHs that wants to switch over to str CH will copy the more successful str CH builds which resulting in many CH players that will come and complain how CH are being forced into one set of build like how most BMs are complaining?

Also in your case, by removing plasma it does not affect you one bit if I'm right. You still get your 95-98% selfish desire win percentage that allows you to win most of the time. Now how is that helping with balance? It of course will be good to you but not to balance.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 74
3/1/2012 20:35:49   
Zeoth

Either way their encouraging strength builds. I really don't see a point. I do use plasma. But it's just extra points thrown in totally not needed but it helps me a bit anyways
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition