Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A Comprehensive Guide to Farming

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> A Comprehensive Guide to Farming
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/6/2012 15:44:23   
  Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

Thanks to Tomix for the banner, which was previously used in Amboo's "Farming Guide [v.3]!"

Contents: Use CTRL+F to browse!
[1]

General

[1]Contents
[2]General Farming Tips
[3] Submitting ideas
[4] Credits

IMPORTANT: The levels given next to each quest are NOT the only levels that can do the quest. They are merely an indicator of which levels are best suited to using the quest. The rewards shall be reflective of how much EXP/Gold a player in that level range can earn.

General Farming Tips
[2]

• First and foremost, get a powerful armor.

• Do not bring pets into battle. Pets' damage is too low to justify the amount of time they waste when attacking.

• Guests. Only bring some of them. For Dragon Amulet players, I suggest Rolith for his high damage output. For free players, Aegis is a useful ally, with high Ice damage.

• Buy an X-Boost. If you can afford it, an X-Boost makes farming easier, as 10% extra gold plus EXP is very significant.

Submitting ideasright][3]

All ideas for Gold and EXP should be in this format:

[center][size=3][b][link=<Quest Name>]Quest Name[/link][/b][/size][/center]

[color=#FF0000][b][size=3] Description[/size][/b][/color]

[color=#FF0000][b][size=3]Statistics[/size][/b][/color]

[ul]
[*] [b]Gold/EXP in one hour:[/b] [i][/i]
[*] [b]Gold/EXP per run:[/b] [i][/i]
[*] [b]Completion time:[/b] [i][/i]
[/ul]

[color=#FF0000][b][size=3]Tips[/size][/b][/color]

[b][color=#FF0000][size=3]Pros[/size][/color][/b]

[ul]
[*] 
[*] 
[*] 
[/ul]

[b][color=#FF0000][size=3]Cons[/size][/color][/b]

[ul]
[*] 
[*] 
[*] 
[/ul]

Credits
[4]

Thanks to:

Therril Oreb for the PvP section code, and reminding me of the DF Guides Rules.
Faerdin for approval
Ithraen for a correction
Chazero for a correction
Liviaro for another correction, and yet another one. And also a PVP dummy.
The halabala for the Wrath of Wargoth suggestion.
Almighty Agathor for a correction.
A MASSIVE thanks to:

pjc, SlyCooperFan1 and Amboo for their work on their respective guides.
Ash, for selecting me to take on this guide.

Everyone who helped on:

pjc's guide:
quote:

bladeoflight16 and Burn, for convincing AtiwH to try a second time to post this guide.
geopetal and Alac, for allowing AtiwH to post the guide.
senomi15, CrazyOkuni, and jetsterjinx for the various suggestions.
Mr.Irish, for The Frozen Cave, both the idea of adding it and the info on it.
Massive thanks to AtiwH who made this guide originally.
A big thanks goes to Burn, who made the previous guide.
Vaseline28, for agreeing to proofread my guide before posting.
Z.324, for informing me that I got this guide.
Everyone who gave information in the previous guide that I have taken information from for this one.
Everyone who is helping me by submitting information, it's really appreciated!
PaperClip, for being PaperClip.

SlyCooperFan1's EXP guide:
quote:

Thanks to Andy8, drillbitz03, Gratonim, nilienil, Cool Dragonz, Chickencowlord, SuperDaria, Myrph, he11ix, feonixbrim, bob.builder, wolfman_naruto, westward_ho, Puppy, Brillancy, pjc, ugauga, PaperClip OF DOOM, macaroni man3, The Legendary Hero, Elemental Archmage, llukaz, $$archie$$, [forgot username], Cguy, AQWNoog, DonutOFDoom, Karika, Lilithia, Turbotails9, loonatika, Reeinvented, Drakyloid, Tower Tycoon Palmer, Cippin, Peachii, His Randomness, and Highlord Sendai.

SlyCooperFan1's PVP guide:
quote:

LightningIsMyName's Credits:
Thanks to Alac for approving and moving this guide, FITER for the correct Rank Requirements, hardcoredarrell for his new and updated PvP Chart, Wrathe for the Battle Ground pictures, Little_Edge for fixing my spelling a lot, Sir Plus for giving me the idea of the Vulnerable Charcters for Farming Section and reporting the charcter Rydia, for Lost Sniper for reporting the Vulnerable charcter Scorpio, krusher64n for reporting vulnerable charcter king krusher level 31(!), for Zephyre14 for reporting vulnerable charcter Lawton level 32 with multi weaknesses, for betbest1 for reporting vulnerable charcter Zecharyas, for Mihai Savu for some updates, for hawaiidreamergurl for reporting Arklen, for IceScythe for some updates, for guenievre for reporting and creating the vaulnurable charcter Melanie, princessbunnygirl for reporting vaulnurable charcter Laura, Arandor for correcting some info about the PvP trophies required for each level, and to all of you readers.
Special thank to KillingSpoon for letting me update the orginal guide in my own post although he recreated the guide first.
Another Special thank to senomi15 for creating the original guide
Special thank to Myrph for creating the second PvP Farming technique and for writing it down.

SlyCooperFan1's Credits:
Thanks to The Legendary Hero for letting me take over this guide and give it a much needed update, to LightningIsMyName for making the guide before this, to Peachii for providing the link to a plethora of PvP IDs, to Silver Xoven for information on Alina, to His Randomness for the Technomancer information, to voldy27 for suggesting Not Your Character, to King Desoato for suggesting Wolf, and to all the DF staff for creating DragonFable!

And for Amboo's guide:
quote:

Thanks to PJC for giving me this guide
And also, to Tolkienfanatic and GhostBear5 who owned the previous guide, as well as Crysnos who made the very first Farming Guide
Thanks to all the other people who posted information in the first thread so that I can basically copy and tweak their entries.

And thanks to you, for reading!

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 4/22/2015 2:14:33 >
DF  Post #: 1
3/7/2012 16:54:39   
  Hopeful Guy

Section Contents
{GOL1} An Introduction to Gold Farming
{GOL2} Where to go

An Introduction to Gold Farming
{GOL1}

Gold. The shiny stuff is cool, but it can get hard to get enough gold to buy some of those items, like Doom Weapons. Have you ever looked at the price tag for a Doom Weapon (or even any other expensive item), thought 'There's no way I'm going to get my hands on one of them' and given up? Well don't worry, help is at hand! This section of the guide will explore all the best spots to get the gold from.

Where to go
{GOL2}

These are what are considered to be the best farming spots there are for gold.

Description

Go to Warlic's Zone, then walk one screen right. Instead of talking to Warlic (the mage in the doorway) talk to Nythera, who has some quests as a prerequisite to this one. Complete them, and then FARM! This quest will give 0 Gold, but it drops a Junk item worth 300-500 Gold each time. Sell this for the cash!

Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 10,000 to 25,000
  • Gold per run: Between 300-500; average ~450
  • Completion time: 40 seconds to 3 min

Tips

Unlike any other quests in this guide, Potion Mastery is a quest that involves no battles. It is a minigame, that tests your memory. You have to remember upto 6 reagents at once, in order. I recommend that you develop a mnemonic (for example if the sequence was rock, blue bowl, green bowl, purple potion, I would memorise "rock, blue, green, purple") as this can be a massive help. I only recommend this quest for people with good memories.

Pros

• Can be a very fast quest for people with good memories.
  • No battling involved at all
  • This quest is accessible via the Quest Log

Cons

• Can be hard for some people to remember 6 items in a row
  • This quest is very monotonous.

Description

Before attempting this quest, you must travel to Surewood Forest and accept a bounty hunting list from Robina. If you don't, then this quest is useless, as you get money from 'bounty', where more gold can drop from the boss. Walk right until you see Robina. Talk to her, choose Bounty Hunting and accept the official Most Wanted List. Return to your Home Town shop, go to Quests, Robina's Zone Quests, right, right, then choose Bandit Camp.

Statistics

• Gold Per Hour: 11,000 - 14,000
  • Gold Per Run: 50-600, plus the chance to drop a Junk Item worth 500 gold.
  • Completion Time: 01:00 - 01:30

Tips

Only one tip here: get an armor with a decent multi. This will help take down those mobs of bandits.

Pros

• Chance to get 1100 gold in one run, if you're lucky
  • 1 hit kill enemies.
  • For low level rogues, it gives plenty of weapons.
  • Always gives at least 50 gold

Cons

• Rather slow and laggy
  • Random layout, so you may unnecessarily fight
  • Bounty chances aren't equal

Description

The final Atrean war. The way to farm this is to equip ChickenCow Armor, and charge into this quest. Just click through the cutscenes, use the Flee skills to run away from Wargoth, and sell the drops for hefty amounts of gold.

Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 15000-20000
  • Gold per run: 90-800
  • Completion time: 1.5 min

Tips

USE ChickenCow! Just press Flee, and skip a lengthy fight which you will lose anyway.

Pros

• Has very high sellback on the drops
  • Boss is fleeable

Cons

• Lengthy cutscenes
  • Slow gameplay.

Description

A famous quest. The gold you earn is all from selling drops. However, I would keep the first weapon drop, as it is Silver element, and the boss is very weak to silver. Click 'Travel' on the Falconreach NewsBoard, and choose Amityvale. Then, talk to Thursday, choose 'The path?' and then choose 'Crystal Clear Lake.'.

Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 7000-10000
  • Gold per run: 200-300
  • Completion time: 1-2 min

Tips

Get a Silver weapon for the boss. He is very weak to silver. Also, ChickenCow can kill the boss in two turns; just spam MCCA. Here is a map.

Pros

• Has 2 drops only: 179 Gold and 230 Gold
  • Boss is very easy to kill with silver
  • Only six monsters.

Cons

• There is a healing pad in the quest, but it requires you to take a longer route with more monsters.
  • Slow gameplay.
  • Without silver, boss can be troublesome, but otherwise he can normally be defeated with little problem.

Description

Another well known farming spot in Amityvale. Go to Quests, Amityvale Quests, then choose Yaga Stone Circle. The weapons here sell for even better than in Crystal Clear Lake, and are very good Nature weapons anyway even if you don't want to sell them. The only issue is how long it takes if you don't have the Necromancer Armour unlocked. In this case, the boss can be very difficult, especially if you are a higher level.
Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 6,000 - 12,000
  • Gold per run: 250-350
  • Completion time: 2 min

Tips

Kill as many of the yaga sisters as you can. I recommend only killing 3, to balance the amount of time taken with the hardness of Guffer. The Necromancer Armour can be a highly useful tool in this quest if used correctly. If you have all the skills up to Dominate unlocked, you can skip all Yaga Sisters and use the following strategy: Inspire Terror-> Seed (if Dominate was successful, if not use Shroud) -> Summon Champion -> Shroud (optional - if you haven't already used it) -> Familiar. A bit of modification will be required to get what you want out of the armour, but this is a general format to follow. ChickenCow (not Evolved, normal) is also excellent for this quest- thanks to His Randomness for suggesting this! Just repeatedly use MCCA.

Pros

• Guffer is an easy boss with Necromancer
  • Two sellbacks: 200 and 225
  • For DA holders, this drops a few good Nature weapons for mid-range levels
  • For Non-DAs it gives some good Fire Weapons

Cons

• It isn't easy to beat the boss without Necromancer.
  • Lots of dialogue

Description

A quest where you get 30 gold per monster, and the monsters are one-hit kills. Not bad, eh? Go to Storyline in the Quest Log, select Orb Saga, then choose Darkness Orb. Then go to Body Shop.
Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 10,000-12,000
  • Gold per run: Varies
  • Completion time: Varies

Tips

Get a light weapon and this quest is, pretty much, cake. So no tips needed.

Pros

• Excellent low level belts
  • Reasonable for EXP farming too.

Cons

• Lots of dialogue
  • Chance of getting all parts before you even start farming.

(Levels 30+) Karina's Hunting Quests

Description

These quests have a simple idea: kill an enemy, sell the pelt. You can find Karina in Hunter's Paradise, via the travel gryphon. Once there, turn left. You will speak to Karina in the building. Select Jobs, then Rhoddhu/Golden Cabit, and click through the short dialogue.

Statistics

• Gold per hour: 8,000-10,000
  • Gold per run: 180-230
  • Completion time: 1 min

Tips

I recommend either Rhoddhu Hunt or Golden Cabit Hunt for farming, as they have less monsters/ higher weaknesses than the other quests.

Pros

• The drops sell for 130 and 100 gold.
  • Very few battles

Cons

• You are not taken back to Karina each time; you are put outside the inn.
  • In Golden Cabit Hunt, the Minx Fairies can full heal for 1 mana.

Description

This quest cannot be found in the Quest Log. Click 'Travel' on the Falconreach Newsboard, and choose Amityvale. Then, talk to Thursday, choose 'The path?' and then choose 'Well'. In the intro, you will find yourself talking to the dog Daimyo. He leads you down a well where you 'save' Artix. This quest is quite difficult, and even though lower levels can complete it, it takes much too long for farming purposes unless you are a medium level. The sellbacks are quite good, and there are a few decent drops, but apart from that it's not a very good quest.

Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 6000-8000
  • Gold per run: 150-200
  • Completion time: 1 min

Tips

Originally, this quest was disadvantaged because Artix joined you towards the end of it, which slows farming down quite a bit. But now, after a revolutionary discovery, you no longer have to have that problem! Simply click on the right end of your EXP bar to keep on walking forward, and Artix will not end up joining you. You can also use this to shorten the intro with Daimyo, the dog.

Pros

• Intro can be significantly shortened.
  • Good low level weapons

Cons

• Slow gameplay
  • Difficult non-scaled monsters if a low level
  • It cannot be found in the Quest Log.

Description

The first quest in DragonFable! Ahh, the nostalgia! This short verse expresses the quest.
It has enough,
Low level stuff,
Which can be sold,
For plenty of gold!

Go to Warlic's Zone, right, up, up, right to access this quest

Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 4,000 - 5,000
  • Gold per run: 25-200
  • Completion time: 1 min 30 sec

Tips

Get a decent water weapon, and you'll be fine here. No other tips needed.
Pros

• Smooth gameplay
  • Good drops for low levels
  • Has two healing fountains.

Cons

• It has drops ranging from 25-200 gold, so this quest is unreliable
  • A lot of walking is involved.
  • Plenty of enemies, even though they are easy.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: Some quests in the EXP section can be very good for gold too. I will mention this if this is the case.

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 7/19/2015 6:33:45 >
DF  Post #: 2
3/11/2012 16:00:58   
  Hopeful Guy

Section Contents

{EXP1} An Introduction to EXP Farming
{EXP2} Where to go

An Introduction to EXP Farming
{EXP1}

EXP, in DragonFable, is what you need to level up. And leveling up means new areas, new weapons, new items, new quests... everything you could ever want. So, I made this section to help with leveling up.

Where to go
{EXP2}

Description

By far the most well known EXP farming quest there is, and is excellent for gold too. Talk to Ash, select Quests and then Challenge.

Statistics

• Gold/EXP in one hour: 9,000-18,000 gold, 200,000-1,000,000 EXP
  • Gold/EXP per run: 100-250 gold, 3,000- 4,500 EXP.
  • Completion time: 10 sec to 1 min

Tips

GET AN ENERGY WEAPON. Simple as that. Also, press the button for more EXP.

Pros

• Chance to get a Battle Core, which when combined with 10 Scrap Metal sells for 1,000 gold
  • Drops stack to 100
  • Superb EXP rewards

Cons

• It takes time to press the button
  • Monsters have high HP

Description

Another excellent, but much less well known quest. Here is a video of the quest in action. To get here, go to Falconreach, south, south, south, east, to the statue, Pirate vs Ninja, to the scroll, and the Special Quest on the right. Pretty good for gold too.

Statistics

• Gold/EXP in one hour: 12,000-15,000 gold, 425,000-725,000 EXP
  • Gold/EXP per run: 200-350 gold, 8,000-12,000 EXP
  • Completion time: 45sec- 2 min

Tips

Get an armor with a powerful multi, for the multi mob at the start.

Pros

• Extremely good for higher levels
  • Very weak monsters.

Cons

• Laggy
  • You have to walk to the scroll each time.

Description

Seemingly an excellent quest in terms of experience gain to many farmers worldwide! This is a very basic, repetitive quest that actually really helps that bar above your stats. To get there, go to Oaklore, left, talk to the guys on the catapult, and select "Ruins".

Statistics

• EXP in one hour: 150,000-250,000
  • EXP per run: 2,500- 7,000
  • Completion time: 30 sec to 2 min

Tips

No real specific tips here, just remember to use your best skills to kill the enemies.

Pros

• Easy 1 hit kill enemies
  • OK Gold too.
  • EXP per monster higher than Thyton's Request, however Thyton's Request boss gives much more than Vurrmen boss.

Cons

• Random layout
  • Drops are useless for high levels

Description

The vampires here give a LOT of experience, making this quest an excellent way to farm. To get there, go to Amityvale (Book 3), talk to Raven and select Castle Crashers.

Statistics

• Gold/EXP in one hour: 400,000-720,000
  • Gold/EXP per run: 10,000-18,000
  • Completion time: 1-2 minutes

Tips

Get a class with a good multi, because the enemies are all multiple mobs.

Pros

• Cutscenes are all skippable
  • Monsters die pretty easily at the start

Cons

• Boss fight is quite long and irritating

Description

Who knew that a quest as old and basic as this was so unbalanced with EXP gain!? The suggestor of this quest claimed to have received "156150 EXP per hour!" This is definitely one of the best options there are out there for EXP farming. Every monster is weak to Wind weapons. For a very quick shortcut, go into Falconreach Inn, talk to Serenity, ask for other jobs, and just click "Crystal Cave"!
Statistics

• EXP in one hour: 200,000-250,000
  • EXP per run: 4,000-5,000

Tips

Press the Skip Cutscene Button to save time. Get a wind weapon, as enemies are weak to it.
Pros

• Very little dialogue, if you skip.
  • Easy monsters

Cons

• There is a fork in the quest.
  • There are two bosses.

Description

A quest given by Lugosi in Amityvayle's Weapon Shop, Lugosi wants you to find a substance known as Moonglow to make special light weapons out of his ordinary metal weapon, Striker. But this is not where you are going (unless you have a Dragon Amulet and you want the weapons). When you're at the Amityvayle Town Hall, go right, and invite Artix. Then go back and talk to the girl, Thursday. Ask about the Path and click Pumpkin Patch.

Statistics

• EXP in one hour: 80,000-110,000
  • EXP per run: 2540

Tips

At the levels this is intended for, I recommend getting Artix as your guest. His "Holy" Attack is very powerful. Also, get a light weapon.

Pros

• Ravens are one hit kills
  • Non-scaled quest.

Cons

• Low EXP when above level 25
  • Moonglow is pretty much useless.

Wars/Special Events

This significantly differs from the other quests in this guide. War waves are an excellent farming spot for EXP, Defender's Medals, and you want to fight waves, not just for farming, but for the purpose of helping the community to win the war! If there is a war going on, try fighting some on-foot waves.

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 8/3/2015 3:59:00 >
DF  Post #: 3
3/12/2012 14:40:01   
  Hopeful Guy

Titan Farming

Where to go

Description

A nice, short Titan farming quest with good rewards. Go to Storyline, The Orb Saga, Wind Orb, right, then choose Something Fishy. I managed to get 20,000 gold in one hour using Bacon Primal.

Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 10000-20000 Gold, 120,000 EXP
  • Gold/EXP/PvP trophies per run: 400 Gold, 3001 EXP + 150 Gold drop
  • Completion time: 40 sec-1 min 30 sec

Tips

Get Bacon Primal. In the first round use it, then spam Breath. 1 turn before Primal unlocks, change element to Ice/Darkness/Light, and then use THAT primal.

Pros

• Very simple battle
  • High selling drops.

Cons

• You have to visit the shop to sell the items
  • Braken has a Blind attack

Description

A simple enough quest from Willowshire. Go to Guardian Fortuna and ask about Gorgok. She will give you this quest.

Statistics

• Gold in one hour: 9,000 - 21,000 gold
  • Gold per run: 600-750
  • Completion time: 1 min- 2 min

Tips

Get Bacon Primal. In the first round use it, then spam Breath. 1 turn before Primal unlocks, change element to Ice/Darkness/Light, and then use THAT primal.

Pros

• Very high selling drops
  • Fairly low HP
  • Useful drops for lower levels.

Cons

• More HP then Braken
  • Gorgok has weaknesses to Fire and Energy, which don't have an offensive Primal
  • Lots of dialogue

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 8/3/2015 3:58:06 >
DF  Post #: 4
3/12/2012 18:37:47   
  Hopeful Guy

Section Contents

[OV] - A Basic Overview of PvP

[AB] - The Aeris Battlespire
[AB-I] - The Introduction Screen
[AB-H] - The Main Hall
[AB-L] - The Duelist Lounge
[AB-A] - Akira

[B] - The Battles

[FT] - Farming PvP Trophies
[T1] - Farming Technique 1 - Other Dummies
[T2] - Farming Technique 2 - Your Own Dummy
[T3] - Farming Technique 3 - Zapp's "Another Floating City"

[RR] - Ranks and Rewards

[KB] - Known Bugs

A Basic Overview of Player vs. Player
[OV]
First things first, what is PvP? PvP is a common abbreviation for "Player versus Player", which is exactly what it sounds like. In PvP, players can battle other players' characters and earn rewards and bragging rights. PvP is not multiplayer; you are fighting another player's character, but that character is not being controlled by its creator. Instead, the characters that you are battling run on an AI, an Artificial Intelligence, that are robots programmed by the DragonFable Staff. However, this does not take the fun out of battling, as you will find your enemies healing themselves with potions, using various attacks, and giving you a run for your money! The Aeris Battlespire is home to all that is PvP!
Quick spoiler here:
spoiler:

Dracelix hinted that he would revamp PvP arena artwise... so maybe the PvP mechanism will be revamped too!

The Aeris Battlespire
[AB]
So, you want to be a Grand Master Duelist, eh (highest PvP rank)? Well you don't even know where to find the Battlespire yet...or do you? Well if you don't, the Aeris Battlespire is a floating ship soaring high above Falconreach, and to get to it, you can use a couple of methods:

• Go to the Map, and in Book 1, click Aeris Battlespire. In book 3, click Greenguard and then click the scroll in the sky.
  • Some houses have the PvP Banner on their walls. You can use that to get to the Battlespire as well!

After that you will find yourself staring at a beautiful vista of flying ships so odd that only Cysero himself* could have created them. Do not let this view keep you for long, though, as we have some battling to do! Click the button in the bottom right that says "Enter". Now we will discuss where you can go in the Battlespire and what can be done there.

spoiler:

Or Bacon... This isn't as silly as it sounds. Bacon is what holds up the Battlespire.

The Introduction Screen
    [AB-I]
    This is where you come to when you click the "Enter" button. You will find two knights on the left, and a knight on the right holding a PvP Banner. Talk to the knights on the left if you want the Battlespire to let you get off at Falconreach, Amityvale, or Oaklore Keep. Or, if you wanna get some Player versus Player action done, go right into the Main Hall past the banner-holding knight.

The Main Hall
    [AB-H]
    This is the main hall of the Battlespire. The woman standing in the middle is Keelia, who is one of the 5 Arena Masters (the others are unknown). Through her you can...
  • Join a tournament!
  • Fight Akira (see below for more info).
  • Talk with Keelia.
  • Increase your PvP Rank (see below for more info).
  • Access the Battlespire Shops (see below for more info).
  • Set the Battlespire as your Home Town. (when you log in, you will always start at the screen with the "Enter" button)

The doors on the left (Duelist Training Room) and right (Danger Room) are both locked. Because they have nothing. If you go right, you can travel the Battlespire. These are what you'll see in the rest of the hall:
    Screen 1: A door that leads to a beautiful view where you can see your house from, and a couple of knights, one who gives a warning and the other who is pretty quiet.
    Screen 2: Windows and banners and knights, oh my!
    Screen 3: More windows! More banners! More knights! Maybe Cysero or Artix thinks this is funny...
    Screen 4: A couple of more knights and banners. You can't go on from here, as it is blocked. But the Duelist Lounge is open.

The Duelist Lounge
    [AB-L]
    Hmm...wow...interesting. NOTHING. The Duelist Lounge currently has no purpose. The bartender is kinda creepy, and the two people in the corner change their look when you leave and come back. There's also many weapons hanging from the ceiling...pretty valuable too.

Akira
    [AB-A]
    This guy is stupid. Plain stupid. A huge bragger. And he gets on EVERYONE'S nerves. Wow. Just a pathetic duelist. Right?

Keelia has had enough of this guy's boasting, and she wants you to take him down. How long can you last with him? After every round he increases in power. Make sure to use that Heal button! If you can survive 5 rounds with Akira, you can get a special Trinket that costs 200 Dragon Coins, Chi Blast. If equipped, you can use Chi Bomb, a skill, in battle to take out UP TO 50% of the enemy's remaining HP. Helpful. :P Sadly, it will not take out anything near 50% on most uses.
    The Battles
    [B]
    The battle system of PvP could get confusing, but that's what this guide is here for! PvP is highly different from regular battles with monsters all over Lore.

When you enter a new Tournament through Keelia, you will get sent to an area with a few more banners and knights, and you standing on a platform, and Keelia announcing. On the bottom left you will see a few buttons. Here is a picture of those buttons, along with a description of what each of them does.

To win a battle, you must bring your opponent's HP to 0, as in normal battles. But be careful! Your opponent can execute skills from his/her armor, which includes using HP/MP potions and stunning you! If you manage to win 5 battles, you will have won the tournament and a PvP Trophy! The PvP Trophies are meant to rank your PvP Battlespire Rank up.

Note: If you bring any guests like Artix, Galanoth, Valencia, etc. they will be removed! It's 1-on-1 (except for pets, but they're bugged and will only do 0 damage) in these battles!
    Note: The backgrounds will change, and those are there just for fun.
    Note: If your opponent has a Dragon Amulet and has saved his equipment, he'll be fighting with all that equipment!
    Farming PvP Trophies
    [FT]
    Yeah, you want a lot of PvP Trophies for those high ranks down there at the bottom of the guide...300 Trophies to get from Master Duelist to Grand Master Duelist? Wow. To farm in Artix Entertainment games (or really, any online game) is to do a certain quest or mission multiple times to get a reward multiple times, or to find a certain reward. You've probably heard of Gold Farming, which is to find large amounts of gold in as little time as possible. Experience Farming is the same thing. PvP Trophy Farming is doing a lot of Tournaments over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to get as many Trophies as possible! I will discuss two farming methods here with you: Other Dummies and Your Own Dummy.

Farming Technique 1 - Other Dummies
    [T1]
    These characters have at least one extreme weakness, which makes them easy to farm for quick PvP trophies. Their ID number is listed, so you just have to copy/paste it when you click "Battle ID#" in the Arena. Make sure to read their weaknesses and strengths, because some of them have very few weaknesses, and some may even get healed!

All DragonFable characters up to Level 80 have a PvP dummy available to farm. Check which Dummy(ies) can be used for your level below! They are listed in order from lowest level to highest level.

NOTE: I have tested all of these out since March 12, 2012.
    ID#: 477585
    Name and Level: Laura, Level 11 (Good for all levels until 21)
    Notable Weaknesses: -95 Darkness (Darkness attacks do almost double damage)
    Notable Strengths: None
    Note: She has a dagger equipped, so she can't attack since she tries to cast spells all the time!

ID#: 29
    Name and Level: Arklen, Level 19 (Good for Levels 9-29)
    Notable Weaknesses: -350 Bacon (Bacon attacks do over quadruple damage)
    Notable Strengths: 207 Darkness (Darkness attacks heal him for double damage)
    Note: Unlike most others, Arklen has a large resistance to darkness weapons. Bacon weapons are highly suggested.

ID#: 445240
    Name and Level: Rydia, Level 28 (Good for Levels 18-38)
    Notable Weaknesses: -95 Darkness (Darkness attacks do almost double damage), low attack (14-34)
    Note: The DOOM Weapons can easily corrupt defeat her.... although I'm sure any Darkness weapon could end this battle quickly.

ID#: 29940464
    Name and Level: Not Your Character, Level 30 (Good for Levels 20-40)
    Notable Weaknesses: Low health count (120 HP), extremely low attack (5-10)
    Note: Not Your Character has a terrible attack, if he'll even have a chance. With no strengths to talk about, this should be a quick battle.

ID#: 2
    Name and Level: Zhoom, Level 30 (Good for Levels 20-40)
    Notable Weaknesses: -350 Bacon (Bacon attacks do over quadruple damage)
    Notable Strengths: 200 Darkness (Darkness attacks heal him for double damage)
    Note: Zhoom's a very easy guy for being staff. Using a Flaming Bacon Lance can take him down in no more than 3 turns.

ID#: 194796
    Name and Level: Lawton, Level 34 (Good for Levels 24-44)
    Notable Weaknesses: -100 to Stone, Fire, Water, Wind, and -95 to Darkness (all those elements do double or near double damage), very low attack (14-34)
    Note: One easy guy to farm for the ones who are beginning to get serious about DragonFable. A ton of elements do double damage to him, so it should be cake.

ID#: 40
    Name and Level: Zecharyas, Level 40 (Good for Levels 30-50)
    Notable Weaknesses: -350 Bacon (Bacon attacks do more than 4x the damage!)
    Notable Strengths: 205 Darkness (Darkness attacks heal him double their damage amount!)
    Note: Zecharyas attacks 60-90. Not much for the level characters that can farm him. Using a Flaming Bacon Lance can take him down in no more than 3 turns.

ID#: 31835692
    Name and Level: Wolf, Level 60 (Good for Levels 50-70)
    Notable Weaknesses: -100 Darkness (Darkness attacks do double damage!), very low attack (14-34)
    Note: Wolf is a PvP dummy that may be used for DF players who are at most 20 levels from the level

ID#: 42898744
    Name and Level: Sylvari Celethas, Level 70 (Good for Levels 60-80)
    Notable Weaknesses: -100 to Stone, Fire, Water, Wind (all those elements do double damage), very low attack (15-30)
    Note: Sylvari Celethas is a PvP dummy that may be used for DF players who have reached the level cap.

Farming Technique 2 - Your Own Dummy
    [T2]
    So, you are stuck with farming - none of the characters above match your needs for various reasons (weapons, level, etc.). What should you do? This is the time to choose the dummy account option. This technique is recommended mainly for the low levels. It's pointless above level 20 since it requires too much effort in those levels. Nevertheless, this technique is really good for the low levels, but if you're high leveled, the above characters don't work, and you've got a lot of free time on your hands, try this out.

If you have a spare character slot on your account, you can create a 'Dummy' character, whose sole purpose on your account is to act as a punch bag in the PvP arena. Typically, mages are weakest in one-on-one battles, so it is advisable to use this class for your dummy character. Rogues above level 15 are ill-advised for their Potion ability that has a 15% chance of finding an additional potion and using it, beyond its normal 2.

For a PvP battle to count as a 'win' towards your total of 5, the character you are fighting must be within 10 levels of your own so be sure to level up the character to a suitable level for your main character. You can work out what level your Dummy character ought to be by subtracting 10 from the level of your main character. If your main character is level 1-11, your dummy has to be level 1, if your main is level 12, your dummy has to be level 2, and so on and so forth.

Leveling up to about level 5 can be done easily within Oaklore Keep, from quests such as Sir Jing's Weapons, The VurrMen Ruins and Sir Koffagus Sarcophagus. Beyond level 5, you will need to go to Falconreach and start farming quests from there. For advice on EXP farming the section above..

Now that your dummy character is ready to fight in the Battlespire, you need to find its character ID number. This can be easily done from the Character Selection page after you log into DragonFable. Simply click on the button for your dummy character and note down the ID# from the details given, as show in the image below (Note: Just an example).

You are now ready to fight your dummy character in the PvP arena. Make your way to the Battlespire and hit the button to join a Duelist Tournament. From here, you need to click the Battle ID# button (highlighted) and enter the character ID you found previously in the box that appears. Hit the Battle button to fight your dummy character.

Repeat the process until you have clocked up your 5 wins and receive your trophy. Keep doing this until you've all the trophies you want. It's recommended to farm all the PvP trophies you want while being in the same level. This way you can save the trouble of leveling up your dummy character. Take PvP farming as a project. It's a onetime work which is worth it - the high leveled PvP weapons (noted below in this guide) are really powerful. Decide on it once and do not level up or do anything else until you get your trophies. It might take several days or up to a week or two. It's a hard job yet it's worth it.

Farming Technique 3: Zapp's " Another Floating City"
    [T3]

This quest is pretty awesome for farming PVP Trophies. It is, in fact, a quest with 3-5 PvP battles. A trophy is guaranteed to drop. Now bring Rolith, or Aegis, and it is time to destroy 'em! Even better, if you get the error message "Character Not Found" each time, you will still get your trophy, without having to fight. To get here, go to Popsprocket, out through the gate, then talk to the gnome. Repeat this 2256 times (whoa, that's a lot) and you are a Grand Master Duelist. How simple. I recommend trying out this one for sure, but it can be slower than the dummy.

Farming Technique 4: The " Supervillain Showdown!"
    [T3]

This quest can be accessed from Book 3, The Battlespire, and talking to San Robin and Batoro. Select any one of the bosses and kill them for your trophy. Very easy to do with a strong enough class. Complete all of them once and then choose the boss fight that you think is easiest for you to kill quick. Another one that is definitely recommended.

Additional Tips for DA Holders
    If you have Dragon Amulets on all of your characters, you have an additional advantage over non DA-holders, as you can adapt the equipment of your dummy character to make your fights even easier. You're probably wondering what additional things you can do to your dummy character, but there are in fact several things you can give them that significantly reduce their chances of winning.

In order to change the default items of your character, go to the Guardian Tower in Falconreach (up two screens from the main town screen), head right then up a screen to get to the library, speak to Chiku and hit 'Set Starting Items'. Then choose the items you want to set as default and save it.
    • Equip the Ring Worm as found in the Marsh Madness quest. This gives the character -100 resistance to Stone, Water, Fire and Wind, doubling the damage you can do using these elements.
    • If your dummy character is a Mage, equip the Bronze Blade found is Sir Lee's Swords and Axes store in Oaklore Keep. This will stop the character from using any of their Mage abilities; leaving the only damage it can do the normal attack, which is even weaker than that of the default weapon.
    • If your dummy character is a Warrior or Rogue, equip the Rubied Staff found in Sir Lee's Staffs and Wands store in Oaklore Keep. This will limit some of the abilities they can use, limiting the damage they can do to you.
    Those are the three farming methods for PvP Trophies. Follow every note, every word, and you'll be a Grand Master Duelist in no time!

Cool Technomancer Trick: One of the skills on Technomancer takes away all of the enemy's MP, which, on most classes, will make the player you're fighting with have to use the Attack button or potions only. This could be really useful to make it easier on your HP while you beat up everyone else. :DUnfortunately, a bug causes the player to be able to use skills even with 0 MP. Oh dear. D:
    Ranks and Rewards
    [RR]
    In order to rank up, you need to earn a certain amount of trophies. However, the ranking-up system is a little confusing. To get to Rank 1, Novice, you need to get 1 Trophy. Easy right? You lose that trophy though. And to get to Rank 2, Amateur, you need to get 5 more trophies. Like that. The ranks and their required trophies are these:

1: Novice - Requires 1 Trophy (1 in total)
    2: Amateur - Requires 5 Trophies (6 in total)
    3: Scrapper - Requires 10 Trophies (16 in total)
    4: Slugger - Requires 20 Trophies (36 in total)
    5: Brawler - Requires 30 Trophies (66 in total)
    6: Rumbler - Requires 40 Trophies (106 in total)
    7: Grinder - Requires 50 Trophies (156 in total)
    8: Pit Fighter - Requires 60 Trophies (216 in total)
    9: Duelist - Requires 70 Trophies (286 in total)
    10: Arena Fighter - Requires 80 Trophies (366 in total)
    11: Ringer - Requires 90 Trophies (456 in total)
    12: Savant - Requires 100 Trophies (556 in total)
    13: Expert - Requires 125 Trophies (681 in total)
    14: Professional - Requires 150 Trophies (831 in total)
    15: Prize Fighter - Requires 175 Trophies (1006 in total)
    16: Contender - Requires 200 Trophies (1206 in total)
    17: Champion Duelist - Requires 225 Trophies (1431 in total)
    18: Elite Duelist - Requires 250 Trophies (1681 in total)
    19: Master Duelist - Requires 275 Trophies (1956 in total)
    20: Grand Master Duelist - Requires 300 Trophies (2256 in total)

Depending on your rank, you can unlock different shops in the Battlespire!

At Rank 1, Novice: A shop, in which you can buy some metal and bacon weapons (eh?), and even a pig pet!
    At Rank 3, Scrapper: Another shop, in which you can buy some capes.
    At Rank 5, Brawler: Another shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons.
    At Rank 8, Pit Fighter: Yet another shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons.
    At Rank 10, Arena Fighter: Take a guess. Yup, it's a shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons.
    At Rank 12, Savant: Shock horror! It's another shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons.
    At Rank 14, Professional: Again another shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons.
    At Rank 16, Contender: Of course, another shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons.
    At Rank 18, Elite Duelist: Guess what? A shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons.
    At Rank 20, Grand Master Duelist: Finally the last shop, in which you can buy some metal weapons. Phew!

Also, in the Traveler's Journal (found by clicking the treasure chest next to your inventory when you're not on a quest), there are badges to be attained for different PvP ranks!

PVP Brawler - Unlocked at Rank 5
    PVP Arena Fighter - Unlocked at Rank 10
    PVP Prize Fighter - Unlocked at Rank 15
    PVP Grandmaster! - Unlocked at Rank 20
    Known Bugs
    [KB]
    The following is a list of known bugs that have been spotted in the Aeris Battlespire:

• All pets perform 0 damage.
  • The "Next Match" button does not always find a character within 10 levels of you.
  • Even if you drain all mana, an enemy can still use skills

It is not up to the owner of this guide to fix the bugs; that is up to the staff.

< Message edited by Hopeful Guy -- 4/22/2015 2:13:15 >
  • DF  Post #: 5
    8/19/2018 19:31:06   
    Reshazedek

quote:

Description
    Go to Hero's Heart Day Storybook, Chapter 7, "Set Sail!". After a lot of cutscenes you fight 6 mandatory battles before reaching the boss, who always drops a Leftover Ingredients worth 1,500gp! Also a good XP farm as I averaged about 3,144 xp per run.

Statistics

• Gold/EXP in one hour: 18,984gp/37,728xp
    • Gold/EXP per run: 82 + a guaranteed junk item worth 1,500/3144xp
    • Completion time: 5 minutes

Tips
    When you eventually take control you will fight through 6 mandatory battles (skip the beetles) before reaching the boss. Properly equipped (Light weapons and nova attacks and companions with the same (like Ash)) you can 1 or 2 shot most of them.
    Pros

• Takes very little attention and effort.
    • A guaranteed large drop and few mobs to fight.
    • With the proper build a very good speed run.

Cons

• So. Many. Cutscenes!
    • Seriously, SO MANY CUTSCENES!
    • The drop is NOT stackable, so you need room in your inventory. Be sure to bank whatever you don't absolutely need to minimize the trips you need to sell loot.

< Message edited by Reshazedek -- 8/19/2018 20:02:20 >
    Post #: 6
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable Guides >> A Comprehensive Guide to Farming
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition