Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= March 7th Design Notes - Bio Gear Green

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 7th Design Notes - Bio Gear Green
Page 12 of 14«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/10/2012 18:59:35   
Hun Kingq

The new bot is great, players were afraid to strike me or my partner when the spikes went up. With the staff the spikes has not activated yet so can't really see the damage that it will do. Because of the 34 strength requirement I had to lower my tech to meet that requirement making my resistance go further away from 40 so while I paid for every piece of equipment which everything has a requirement on one stat or another preventing me from getting very high strength, dex or tech, the Alpha and Beta gear is lower level but all get 10 enhancements with no requirements so they can have high health high energy and any stat higher then any other player.

On the staff I limit the cost of varium spent by enhancing with credits first then with varium.

rej, welcome to the world of connection Lost losses and now you know why the majority of us have a high loss count and nothing can be done about it.

I got a broken weapon in a drop went to Ulysses and fixing the broken weapon option is gone.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 3/10/2012 20:02:08 >
Epic  Post #: 276
3/10/2012 19:43:08   
midnight assassin

I'm happy that I'm not that affected by this bot as a bh. I love seeing some bh complaining about this new bot.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 277
3/10/2012 19:48:10   
Ranloth
Banned

@midnight assassin
I think reason of BHs being a lil' angry is that Massacre is affected by the Bot while Merc's and TM's Ultimate skills aren't which is a bit unfair. Yes Massacre is a Melee-skill but it isn't kinda fair, and could be excluded from the Bot so won't be affected by it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 278
3/10/2012 19:50:30   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

How often is that a Massacre doesn't kill the target it hits? Very rarely. The special doesn't kill so the worst that happens is that you get left with one health and(only if you're unlucky) a still living opponent.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 279
3/10/2012 20:17:57   
Matrix77

good update :)!

Like the bot, though I'm unsure if I should get it or not due to the fact that the bot is easily countered....:/ and I definitely do not want the new promo weapons, +11 str is in no way going to help my build. The new weapons are giving some BMs extra advantages with their fireball and zerkers...:/
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 280
3/10/2012 20:19:18   
drinde

Hmmm. I wonder if a Merc with Intimidate and Atom Smasher could handle STR BMs.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 281
3/10/2012 20:26:28   
Stabilis

Any Balance changes?
AQ Epic  Post #: 282
3/10/2012 20:27:52   
Goony
Constructive!

^ Yes, don't need atom, just intimidate and have a decent heal

The new bot is good, I like that it is non rage building defensive skill, was worried it would be activated with a strike. Had a few goes with it, now back to my assault bot ;)

Is the weapon special 115% of normal strike? I don't know, keep critting... err!

< Message edited by Goony -- 3/10/2012 20:40:54 >
Epic  Post #: 283
3/10/2012 20:30:51   
Stabilis

So... Atom Smasher, Intimidate, and Field Medic have been altered hmm?
AQ Epic  Post #: 284
3/10/2012 20:37:23   
Matrix77

merc with intimidate + atom smash can handle BMs, I've tried it but problem is, it will only BMs that I can beat with that kind of build with a merc class...the other classes = X_X
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 285
3/10/2012 20:39:31   
drinde

@DV

I believe they meant it could handle BMs, not that they had bean altered.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 286
3/10/2012 22:28:50   
rej

quote:

I think reason of BHs being a lil' angry is that Massacre is affected by the Bot while Merc's and TM's Ultimate skills aren't which is a bit unfair. Yes Massacre is a Melee-skill but it isn't kinda fair, and could be excluded from the Bot so won't be affected by it.

@Trans: This is probably to make up for the massive power difference between massacre and the other two ultimate abilities. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 287
3/10/2012 22:37:01   
Mr. Black OP

^
When I get hit by Supercharge I take about 60 damage. (even when I smoke him to lower it)
When I use massacre I do 45 damage on average when I smoke my enemy.
The skills are already balanced if not then massacre is the weaker one, massacre is also the only skill to not have any special ability. For instance Surgical Strike lowers rage and ignores resistance, Supercharge ignores resistance and takes back health. Massacre is also the only ultimate to be affected by this new bot.
Epic  Post #: 288
3/10/2012 23:05:30   
midnight assassin

@Trans
Luckily I don't rely on str and I rarely use my massacre except when farming npc. I do agree not to include massacre since I feel like they nerf bh again. Also they nerf some mercs again because I believe mercs last ditch to survival is the str build. Bounty Hunter and mercs are the new tech mage.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 289
3/10/2012 23:28:04   
aomont

Really, I liked the new bot.
But for now, for me, it is useful to scare/amuse lower level players with its specials (I loved the special effects). It doesn't affect me as I rarely touch my oponents. I couldn't add it yet to my strategy as (1) I can beat not so strong players without it; (2) I have to worry more about my health when fighting mid to strong players than theirs and I can't lose a turn to keep health gain from Bloodlust. I'm using it to attack now (could use azrael borg but this one has better graphics :P) and sometimes getting back to my beloved Assault "saving a**" bot debuff.
I've fought a 5 focus cap level BM with lots of enhancement on STR + Bio borg. Folks, that beast was dangerous !
I still like this game A LOT and, although tweeking balance is always needed, fancy graphics now and then are always welcome. Good work DEVs !

< Message edited by aomont -- 3/10/2012 23:32:17 >
Epic  Post #: 290
3/10/2012 23:35:08   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Remember, if you spot anything that seems out of place with the new bot (such as Bloodlust breaking), leave a report in the Bugs Forum . It's a brand new mechanic in EpicDuel, so it's bound to cause a few kinks.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 291
3/10/2012 23:38:53   
DeathGuard

@Ashari: Could you restock limited items? I want to buy Tesla Armor since today I got varium for it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 292
3/10/2012 23:39:17   
Remorse

@Ashari
So Are the spikes not meant to break bloodlust??

If so Then I bet the same issue is occuring for fenzy but Im not too sure (havnt tested it)
Epic  Post #: 293
3/10/2012 23:39:29   
My Name is Jake
Banned

quote:

When people whine of varium prices I merely say to control your spending habits because they aren't all that bad if you handle your gear carefully.

@The ND Mallet Guy I can control my spending habits very well and still end up spending just under 25% of my 10k varium package on just 1 weapon or armour and enhancing it because some of the prices of things are actually that bad. Especially enhacements.

< Message edited by Jake01 -- 3/10/2012 23:40:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 294
3/10/2012 23:46:06   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@jake Aside from class changing or making an entirely different build, you shouldn't need to buy many weapons repeatedly. Enhancements may cost a lot over time but they save you some too. Say you have 7 for each weapon and armor. That's 28 points you have right there. All those are in strength. You can take those 28 out of strength and put them into support instead and have a support build instead of strength. If you want more you could lower strength when you retrain. The higher number of enhancements the better actually. Sure it will cost you more at first but it will save you some if your weapons are close to what you want for your new build. Mutating weapons are also nice even if a little more costly for just the same reason.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 295
3/11/2012 0:10:11   
aomont

@Ashari and other DEVs
Is the Azrael borg special supposed to counter Bio borg special ? Because it happenned once to me...
Epic  Post #: 296
3/11/2012 0:15:53   
Remorse

^ WOW Im serolsy hoping its not supposed to,

Otherwise it removes all the possible good effects this bot has on balance because just like sheilds the STR build will just azreal bot it away....

Can someone confirm this??

If so Im not gonna bother buying this bot, or infact play the game until balance is in a better standard.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 3/11/2012 0:21:11 >
Epic  Post #: 297
3/11/2012 0:19:26   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

It is unknown. Since nothing is seen on the stat screen, very difficult to know if it just an applied skill with no results or has some effect
AQW Epic  Post #: 298
3/11/2012 0:20:47   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Yes, Azreal's Borg is supposed to work with the BioBorg special. Also, there was a previous bug on live that only allowed Azreal's Borg to be used once per battle, that has been fixed with this update.

~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 299
3/11/2012 0:24:19   
aomont

I'm willing to test. I'm at slayer world 5 now
Epic  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 7th Design Notes - Bio Gear Green
Page 12 of 14«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition