Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= March 7th Design Notes - Bio Gear Green

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 7th Design Notes - Bio Gear Green
Page 13 of 14«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/11/2012 0:24:22   
Remorse

@ Practical,

What is the point of making another nonusable counter for STR builds because it wont work agianst the MAIN STR builds??

the only diffrence with the person who uses thorns to counter STR build is they will lose a turn while the STR build gains rage for reducing it to dust with the azreal.

Also AZREAL was ALOT better with a one time use, it means I could actuly uses sheilds evetualy agaisnt them.

Why is it that all the balance hope for this game back fired to nothing...

I was honetly considering playing 1v1 agian but now I know it will be just full of STR abusers with no counters aside from luck.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 3/11/2012 0:27:06 >
Epic  Post #: 301
3/11/2012 0:48:56   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I like the bot, lol.

__________--
Going for rising star at reset.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 302
3/11/2012 0:49:24   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

My apologies to the staff if I have been critical. The game follows trends, and there are areas of progression I am not quite fond of, due to, the expense.

It is fun to support the game as every release happens as a time mark of being at each event, but when the cost of supporting and cost to compete at an equal tier becomes widen, this causes major issues. Do I pay to compete or do I pay to support? If enhancements were eliminated, one can do both at greater extent. Now one has to sacrifice one for the other.

There are many players like myself who support this game beyond one character, and it is difficult to continually invest within separate characters, when game wishes to focus on one character with many options. I feel a player who has the ability to have strong single class alts will provide better balance structure then Super-multi-class players who continually Class-Change to gain the loop hole advantage. It does provide that freedom for easy class-change, but at what cost for the entire demographics and balance of the game? If there was no class change, many players would likely create alts and provide new additions to the game to test balance with no multi-tiers that enhancements causes. It would seed the game with more diverse activity, and provide better honest critique the balance tracker can easily gauge.

I have addressed the issues with my own details and experience. I enjoy watching the game grow and evolve, but at the same time, there are elements that pose problems. I am critical about these issues, because I care about the game and the player community. In many ways, I express, on behalf, for those players.

I enjoyed the new items, and I feel the new artistic features of the new bot are amazing. I hope this evolvement will continue. I also care about the developers and the volunteers. I care about many things, and this is why I express in the manner I do.

~JZaanu

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 3/11/2012 0:53:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 303
3/11/2012 1:46:39   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Well said!!! ^^

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 304
3/11/2012 5:19:00   
Cookielord12

Is it me or does the Bionic Battalion Saga logo remind me of something on the text of a pack of pokemon cards?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 305
3/11/2012 6:58:37   
Xendran

quote:

It's a brand new mechanic in EpicDuel, so it's bound to cause a few kinks.

Isn't this what testers are for? Some of these "kinks" are painfully obvious and should be caught well before a release goes live.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 306
3/11/2012 7:03:05   
Fay Beeee

^ And they did test. Once they were able to. Some things will never arise until in mass population though. So I, for one, think they did a brilliant job. :)

Off topic now.
Xendran do you still play much? Not seen you in game lately?

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 3/11/2012 7:04:41 >

Epic  Post #: 307
3/11/2012 8:22:37   
PivotalDisorder

wow this robot is incredible :P

haven't lost yet AND it makes lowbie killing so much faster, I don't need to Assault Bot Smoke Screen or Malfunction when they are weak.
it's wrecking cyber hunters too cause they MUST attack with Static Charge. I am not convinced yet that it's balanced.

Post #: 308
3/11/2012 9:13:07   
Remorse

^ Unfortunately It wont fix what it was meant to.

Over the top STR abusers were meant to become counterable with this....
But as most of you know a over the top STR abuser always carries the balance ruining azreal bot.

I think azreal bot should be the first and hopefully only bot to be changed to work better according to you focus level.

WHY? Because if you are not a STR/Power abuser using the azreal is a perfectly balanced way to defend agianst buffs such as feild comander and sheilds.

But its obvious that power abusers use this bot to basically win wiht there eyes closed.

Step one- Smoke/malf/fireball

Step 2- if they sheild azreal, if the thorns azreal, if they attack laugh at the miniscual damage it does compared to your attacks...

step 3- If they attacked you should be able to kill by this step, if they sheilded then use another massively overpowered attack as there sheild is weakned, if they thorned same as before.

step4- RAGE DESTROY, if they are somehow not dead never fear you wll proberly get another rage before they get one, and if they sheild /thron agian just azrel it to dust and gain extra rage as they waste there turn...

< Message edited by Remorse -- 3/11/2012 9:15:08 >
Epic  Post #: 309
3/11/2012 9:32:19   
PivotalDisorder

if they have azrael's then they don't have assault bot and Malf ruins them, win-win for me ..... but I am Mage and we have two OP builds

[No I didn't class change, Mage is my main]

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 3/11/2012 9:33:05 >
Post #: 310
3/11/2012 9:37:35   
Remorse

^ well saying azreal is not a probelm for you doesnt mean it shouldnt be looked at.

there should be effective counters for all types of buolds and classes against STR build like there is for all other types of builds.
Epic  Post #: 311
3/11/2012 9:40:47   
Ranloth
Banned

Effectively lowering debuff of Azrael and Assault Bot would be best solution. Making it still Focus-based and 80% at Focus 5 as you Remorse suggested in different thread will still cause problems - Focus 5 is most common build and Bio Bot would still be useless.
If scaled by Focus, it should be up to 60% at Focus 5 OR make it fixed 50% for any Focus. 50% debuff of Bio gives 25% damage countered which is much better than 10%, am I right? And this gives us better use of nerfers and buffers as they can be debuffed BUT still retain usefulness. If FC gets debuffed and gives 40 Str, surely 20 Str would be much better and still helpful than measily 8 Str. Win-Win, eh?
AQ Epic  Post #: 312
3/11/2012 9:41:36   
PivotalDisorder

I was only speaking for myself [I even explained that]

if their was no passive armors, and all classes had a def/res or dex/tec buff then do you think the Borg would be fairer to all classes?
Post #: 313
3/11/2012 9:43:51   
Remorse

@ Trans

But aussult and azreal arent a major problem at all when the are in the hands of a 5 focus user.

Its when STR abusers/power builds get the abaialty to reduce intim to nothing, or reduce shields and buffs to nothing, that is when it harms balance the most and reduces counters.

How often do you see a 5 focus use azreal???
Not much because they cant abuser it to the same way powerbuilds do so if this bot was limited to 5 focus to be fully efective it wont be abused as much.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 3/11/2012 9:47:37 >
Epic  Post #: 314
3/11/2012 10:09:03   
Ranloth
Banned

That's why for a reason, I gave 2 suggestions on how it could be done - with Focus giving a bit higher % or a bit lower and fixed rate. I could go with either, my alts have no Bots while TM has Focus 3 and not too far off Focus 4 so could still have an use of the bot, and perhaps consider new one as well which seems interesting.
AQ Epic  Post #: 315
3/11/2012 10:49:22   
Hun Kingq

If it is true that the Azreal's Borg why would any player want the new bot? One special should not make another bot special null and void if it is not buffing any skills.

Time for new higher level eggzookas with higher potential damage. Maybe instead of eggzookas it could be rabbitzookas when you fire rabbits come out punching your opponent.
Epic  Post #: 316
3/11/2012 11:01:44   
King FrostLich

Isn't that a little too early Hun? April Fools starts around the 1st of April.
Epic  Post #: 317
3/11/2012 11:12:33   
Fay Beeee

Just a quick solution here.

If you do not like it. Do not use it.

So yes you paid good money for it. Next time wait a couple of days. See what people say about it before you get it.
I do that most times now. Sometimes it is not better that what I already have. In that case I do not buy.

Moral of the story is. 'Think ahead of buying' :)

Epic  Post #: 318
3/11/2012 13:10:48   
AQWPlayer

quote:

Moral of the story is. 'Think ahead of buying' :)

Unless you have an excess of credits and wanna buy a credit-only item :P
That's what happened to me when rusted assault bot came out xD
AQW  Post #: 319
3/11/2012 13:29:36   
Lord Barrius

Reminder of the forum rules, folks:
quote:

ORIGINAL: EDGD Forum Rules

Show Courtesy and Respect to Others
The forums are made up of a very diverse cross-section of the global community. Accordingly, we ask you to remember that not everyone speaks English as a primary language. That not everyone has the same education. That not everyone is of the same race, ethnicity or religion. That not everyone will have the same opinion as you will. Treat each other with kindness, respect and tolerance, just as you would expect them to provide to you in turn. This is not a request. Any user who is deemed to be showing malicious posting behavior towards another member of the forum community will receive a minimum of a Warning. More significant consequences are possible depending on the severity of the post(s).

I've already had to clean out several posts for not following this rule. We are deadly serious about issuing Warnings (or more severe punishments if needed) for a failure to show respect for each other and for game/forum staff.

I also ask that if you see posts which violate the forum rules, please do not reply to them. Instead, send a PM to myself or to an active ED AK and we will deal with the situation as soon as we are able.
Post #: 320
3/11/2012 14:00:53   
One Winged Angel1357

@Fay another good point to keep in mind is most Promos of the same level tend to just be the same weapon damage wise with a different modifier setup and in more resent times they have different abilities.

So think before you buy like Fay said and research which ability would better help your style of play instead of just giving $50 to Artix Entertainment only to complain that you had to buy it to stay on top when you where buying pretty much the same weapon again.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 321
3/11/2012 14:04:49   
Ranloth
Banned

I hate myself.. I was going to play somewhat non-Varium on my Alts and I ended up getting Varium Armors on each, few enhancements through spare Varium and.. my Merc got hands on Celtic Mace which will be his end-game weapon! ._.
So pretty much end-game equipment at Lvl 29, almost all enhanced (items have 4-5 slots as they are non-Varium) but primary which is 4/8 slots. I blame free offers which made me get Varium a lot easier and for Free.. D: xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 322
3/11/2012 14:06:36   
Basicball

@OWA: so true

< Message edited by Basicball -- 3/11/2012 14:07:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 323
3/11/2012 14:34:05   
rej

@Trans. You must have insanely good luck with offers. Only about 1/4 of them credit for me, and those are generally the lower end 50-200 point offers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 324
3/11/2012 14:43:50   
Ranloth
Banned

I get pretty much same offers rej, although download ones are also good and tend to work most of the time. It all adds up over the time, trial offers also happen which require a credit or debit card which aren't too bad and reward a lot of points, along the lines of 2-3K Points. Digital X does it in same way, although he watched videos a lot and it all adds up over the time, patience is required. :3
AQ Epic  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 [13] 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= March 7th Design Notes - Bio Gear Green
Page 13 of 14«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition