Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(Pre-DF) Irisan and the Aegis Golem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (Pre-DF) Irisan and the Aegis Golem
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/12/2012 2:21:39   
Razen

Da place for da comments.

Prologue:

The reign of Sek-Duat IV had just recently ended, my parents were doing the respectful thing in mourning the death of the Sun King, King of the Sands, the Celestian and Masterful Emperor. Everyone in the region wore black for this day, despite the desert heat, to respectfully mourn his death. His only heir, Sek-Duat V, whom was never seen by any other than Sek-Duat IV, was said to be nearly identical to his father. Great banners were hung up in the both the welcome of the new ruler and the memory of the previous. I even heard gossip from my parents that Sek-Duat V was going to pay tributes to his ancestors in hopes that it would allow for an easier time ruling.

Although, it wasn't long before we heard a knock on the door, it couldn't have been a guest, not on this day... My parents decided to greet whoever it happened to be outside in the pouring rain, it was a man garbed in silken black robes with silver lining that was dotted with the occasional lapis lazuli. What in the world would such a person of elegance and refinery desire from us? I was positive that it couldn't have been the tax collector...was it someone to inform us that we are wanted to attend the inauguration of Sek-Duat V as the Lord of the Sandsea?

That's when he spoke, "I am a courier sent by Sek-Duat V to give, Irisan, this letter, written by the majestic King himself." The messenger decided to take a quick breath and continued, "As well, remember to visit the plaza tomorrow for Sek-Duat V's official crowning as the Emperor, now I'll be on my way..." He jolted off as soon as the words left his mouth, likely to return back to the commodities of the palace. Very few people were allowed to enter the palace, the Kings of the Sandsea only allowed their servants and personal guests the right of entry, not even whichever Slugwrath was King of the lands west had seen any Sek-Duat, nor did they ever receive the honor of even being invited.

But, back to the letter, it was in an elegant and intricately trimmed envelope. My father had slowly and carefully opened it to try to prevent from tearing the fine enclosure. The written address read...

Greetings, Irisan,

I give you invitation to my Palace, as warranted by my father's will. You are asked to be here tomorrow at noon to receive your 'Gift from him' from me. I'll be waiting at my throne, where we are to hold the reciting of the will. I will be very displeased if you do not take this honor and arrive early. I will want to have a personal discussion about why my father desired you to have such a large monetary part in his will set just for you...I believe he said it was for something along the lines of gold to help you attend a location to learn more of the magical art of Golemancy. But, ever still, the amount that you will receive from this is probably beyond your wildest dreams.

Remember, I will be expecting you at your finest for when we have our conversation which shall be kept between only you and me. If anyone else is to learn of this conversation, I will see to it that they are...disposed of, to put it kindly for your childhood innocence, since you have yet to understand the darkness of the world which I seek to eliminate.

Sincerely,

Sek-Duat V

"What a bizarre letter..." My father said, handing it and the message and its coat to me. The lapis lazuli gems made the centerpiece so peculiar, due to the intense blue contrasting to the color of the parchment and that of the gold surrounding the blue gemstone. The note did seem far-fetched for such a simple notice though...I turned the paper onto the other side in hopes of seeing some excess edict. Yet, there was none to be found. I suppose that really was all this hassle was about.

The world was dark, a small shadow scampered across the rough stone. Whatever it was, didn't seem to have a coherent or fully connected body. The intense blue and purple color being difficult to spot in such umbra. Then, a blinding light made a quick contrast to the former situation. Now the figure was the darkness that allowed me to see the shape of it. It appeared to be made from multiple things, that all...seemed...ethereally familiar to shields. As my eyes slowly adjusted to the deathly amount of light in the room, I saw clearly what was so unique.

It was made from a collection of two minerals that when combined formed a nearly impenetrable alloy, known as Collabitite Alloy. And was definitely compromised of multiple shields that were bound together by some unknown means. The all around me, was just this sole entity now, who I came to know as the Aegis or Shield Golem. I tried to look further into it and see what more could be learned of it, while it is for the most part 'safe' in here. The only thing that I really noticed was that the shields were in a specific pattern in the makeup of the body, with a thin form and build. It even appeared to carry a tower shield in both hands just for the extra defense.

Then, I heard something very odd, and saw lava falling down towards the construct. And despite my fears that it would go through it and quickly burn me alive...it didn't. The magma just stopped, with no word or signal that it would end dead in its tracks. I looked below me and found dry ice trying to seep its freezing fumes inside, yet it didn't pass. I heard thunder smashing into shields, yet it didn't conduct through. This was...bizarre, the being seemed to be immune to the elements as well as physical attacks. An odd property for such a creature, due to the space between its body parts, yet not even Wind could find its way inside of this metallic creature. I knew that, through the fact that there were Tornadoes just dancing about it.

But, I started thinking...why was I seeing this? What importance could...this 'invincible'...thing have to do with me? Am I supposed to be the one who makes it? My questioning thoughts were abruptly ended when a figure wearing gold, lapis lazuli, and linen wrappings all about, like he was a mummy of an ancient king who was still wearing all his jewelry. He bore decorative pauldrons in the shape of a scarab beetle. Was this Sek-Duat V? Why is he here? Yet, the elegantly adorned being stopped my pondering once more as he scooped me and the golem, his solemn eyes glowed a deep cyan, and his cape made of blacken silk.

I was ready for the Soirée with my cloak, scarf, and finest robes were set out just for the occasion. My parents were still worried about the terms of the meeting though, believing that it wasn't safe for me to go. I dissuaded their notations though, such an occasion would be considered a miracle...which shouldn't be taken for granted. So, I opened the door and the strong blew sand into the house through the entrance slowly. The dusty alleyways and marketplaces not being the most welcoming of places, yet they still strive and were crowded, I had to carefully pass my way through to the palace. The palace was the center of attention, it's prominent position made it a true centerpiece of the Sandsea. Oddly enough, there appeared to be something akin to a bouncer before the entrance today...

"For the last time, where is your invitation!?" The Royal Guard exclaimed, annoyed by the persistence of the uninvited to join in on the soiree. He was adorned in gold trimmed armor that had sapphire gems every embedded in the crest of his circlet and the hilt of his fine sword. He showed no form of falter, knowing he was far better suited for combat, should the angry mob dare get violent. Although, half of the Royal Guard being right behind him didn't make him any more fearful of the possibility of a riot.

I carefully tried to shift my way through swiftly to avoid starting a fight, being only a teenager wouldn't help my odds in a brawl against four grown men. So, I stealthily skittered around the displeased line of guests and mooches.

< Message edited by Razen -- 7/18/2012 20:15:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (Pre-DF) Irisan and the Aegis Golem
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition