Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/12/2012 20:53:19   
One Winged Angel1357

@od I would wager that is because you are a F2P BM just shy of the level cap so you do not have the advantages of a cap Varium BM(in most cases with full enhancements). But you make a very solid point that the TM weakness does not really exist with BM, anymore they had Assim at one point mind you, and more so that when it comes down to a battle of pure brute force, which is the STR build for BM and caster TM, TM might be able to outlast the BM to take home the win but some variants of the BM build should be able to turn the tides I just have yet to look into these.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 676
4/12/2012 21:22:18   
Stabilis

Reserving to post many topics here.
AQ Epic  Post #: 677
4/13/2012 1:05:18   
BadLT

I also wanted to add something
The tactical merc has 2 abilities to get +11 resistance and Physical defense
The normal merc should have something similar , its simply unfair -.-
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 678
4/13/2012 3:05:09   
RageSoul

I don't think TM is bad , it's just their SC and Caster Builds seem to make them overall OPed ( it's kinda weird they end up nerfing it instead of the builds that make the class OP are being nerfed ) . Plus , why is it that Merc is still the same as it is ... being UP ?

< Message edited by Lord Aegis -- 4/13/2012 4:30:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 679
4/13/2012 4:15:12   
khalidon5000

There are 2 changes which rendered Mercenaries weak....
NO 1: Changes to Field Medic meaning it no longer is affected by any stat.
NO 2: Changes to Hybrid Armour

I suggest that adrenaline is either made more effective or it be replaced with a skill that restores health at a percentage which would allow mercenaries to be on par with other classes..

-------
On another note I'm a level 28 mercenary.

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 4/13/2012 5:17:33 >
Epic  Post #: 680
4/13/2012 4:46:21   
Arevero

You will feel worse once you get up to lv34 Khalidon, you will get blasted by tank/ Stat abusive builds like many of us are already, SO THIS WEEK MUST HAVE A BALANCE CHANGE. WHETHER ITS TM OR BM, JUST DO SOMETHING.

Ok i think i have made my point

BM STR i think is more deadly than TM, just an opinion, and not to mention if BMs aren't fixed this week, i would receive 150 losses by BM by then. Also it would be good if we knew what TM nerf it is, SC or Caster. Caster just requires heal loop and EP steal. SC requires EP steal and high hp.

HOPE WE GET AN IDEA FROM OUR DISCUSSION IMPLEMENTED, ALMOST 30PAGES AND NOTHING FROM OUR DISCUSSION(ideas, not nerf/buffs) HAS YET FACED ED IN-GAME, just saying, not complaining.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 681
4/13/2012 5:21:40   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

HOPE WE GET AN IDEA FROM OUR DISCUSSION IMPLEMENTED, ALMOST 30PAGES AND NOTHING FROM OUR DISCUSSION(ideas, not nerf/buffs) HAS YET FACED ED IN-GAME, just saying, not complaining.

Oh? Nothing? I recall Hybrid Armor getting changed to +6 Res and +6 Def due to player demand which is a balance issue. Not gonna mention buff to Plasma Bolt and Fireball which I recall being discussed a while ago as the skill was weaker and couldn't match other classes.

Suggesting for a month might not be enough to even test suggestion fully. If it's a big suggestion, testing won't be hour or two as Testers have weekly releases to test first and then balance changes so it's not that easy.
Where did you hear BMs aren't fixed this week? From what I recall, there's a chance of it being changed today (TMs and BMs) but if time doesn't allow, BM is pushed back to next week. It wasn't only mentioned in DNs as Cindy wasn't sure if they can make it this week so just wait.

@Lord Aegis
Yeah, I wonder if SC will get changed too. I use it currently but 140 HP is usually enough to outlast enemy most of the time of appropriate level. We'll definitely see later today for sure so I don't see a reason to discuss it until then.
AQ Epic  Post #: 682
4/13/2012 6:24:07   
khalidon5000

Isn't the changing of hybrid armor a nerf?
Epic  Post #: 683
4/13/2012 6:34:05   
drinde

By the way, the Malf-Dex idea.

Remember the DEX-CHs that used to be rampant in 2v2? Yeah...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 684
4/13/2012 6:36:19   
Ranloth
Banned

It still adds up to the same value so not really. It might be less effective than before but nerf is not a word here, just less effective. But Mercs have no other defensive skills so this was probably best choice.
AQ Epic  Post #: 685
4/13/2012 7:49:46   
Oba

quote:

But Mercs have no other defensive skills so this was probably best choice.

Then I wonder, why not make a new defensive skill? Instead of making the only defence skill... "weaker".
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 686
4/13/2012 8:12:14   
Ranloth
Banned

Old HA, or let's say Mineral could work with Mercs better and give a new skill to Mercs to replace existing one. Adrenaline is good in 2v2, or I heard so, but opposite in 1v1 so either new defensive skill or old HA would work. Turn goes for a change of HA but it's same with stat buffers.

Now that BloodShield is gone, old HA is quite a must as it's only mean of defence. It would make Mercs much better and I got used to it more, my Merc has E Armor and I used old HA before. -.-
AQ Epic  Post #: 687
4/13/2012 8:19:42   
BadLT

This needs to be nerfed
http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Caden%27s_Wrath
+24 tech? Really? for 8k? That can make any mage overpowered even without a sidearm or auxillary
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 688
4/13/2012 8:19:46   
drinde

I really support the idea of Old HA, it is much more effective.

In fact, replace Plasma Armor with the new HA. >.<
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 689
4/13/2012 8:30:12   
Ranloth
Banned

Why not replace Plasma with E Shield and give them old skill tree back? :P
AQ Epic  Post #: 690
4/13/2012 8:33:28   
drinde

Well.

Those CHs (curse them :P) seem to enjoy having a passive armor.

If I could, I'd want to remove all passive armors from the game.

DF MQ Epic  Post #: 691
4/13/2012 8:39:30   
Ranloth
Banned

Meh, Mercs fit passive Armor theme well so I wouldn't take that away. TLMs are fine'ish too, maybe the could get current HA? xD And Plasma Armor was a bit too much so I'm for removing that or take Malf away from CHs to make it fair.
AQ Epic  Post #: 692
4/13/2012 8:40:57   
drinde

Taking Malfunction wouldn't do much IMO, and would lessen the already rare Support user.

Now, Massacre, that's where its at.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 693
4/13/2012 8:47:16   
Ranloth
Banned

Massacre is fine. Problem with it is caused by Plasma Armor.
Why weaken all the skills rather than deal with just one? ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 694
4/13/2012 8:49:06   
rayniedays56

As I've said before, take away PA, buff SC again, and there we go! :) Maybe a bit of a buff on another skill, or taking away malf for another passive, cause I remember that was what a lot of people were mad about...

:)

Maybe one that causes damage to be reflected back to the attackee? like...and I quote from...Deprssed Void? I believe....blue ruin?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 695
4/13/2012 8:52:25   
drinde

But but but... I think I suggested that 2 balance THREADs ago. :P

/cough

Please forgive a guy grasping for threads for prove his genius. :3

FOUND IT :D

From Balance Thread I

quote:

Reversion - Passive - Cyber Hunters - Replaces Shadow Arts - 18-36 Support Requirement

Description: A % of damage recieved is returned to the Attacker
Effect: 5-15% of damage taken is returned to the attacker.
Skill Icon: A silver shield with a green, full rotation arrow on a blue background.

And Adrenaline too! :O

Sort of... :P

quote:

Primal Instincts - Passive - BloodMage - Replaces Deadly Aim - 14-32 Dexterity Requirement

Description: Increasing aggression amounts to Rage before a battle.
Effect: BloodMages get 5-15% of their Rage Meter filled whenever it is used up or at the beggining of a match.
Skill Icon: A cross behind a bloodred staff on an orange background.

< Message edited by drinde -- 4/13/2012 9:02:44 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 696
4/13/2012 9:25:14   
ScarletReaper

Like I said guys, go ahead and replace plasma armor, but you better take mineral armor too because otherwise tlm would become the most op tank in the game. They balance eachother. You can't just take 1 and say oooh looks like everything is balanced now.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 697
4/13/2012 9:27:09   
Ranloth
Banned

Or just change Mineral to current Hybrid Armor for TLMs which is less effective but has same power. At least TLMs would retain their skills and Armor but not completely.
AQ Epic  Post #: 698
4/13/2012 10:04:50   
od

I think that instead of nerfing casters, give tlm hybrid armor back. This would really hurt casters since flipped HA = almost certain death
@OWA
Yea possibly but I can still take out full varium cyber,Merc,BH & TlM about 30-40% of the time, but I haven't beat a single of the 20 or so casters I've fought so far. I suppose a BM with mid-high support & high lvl
Eshield could take maybe out caster TM, but I don't think that it would work too well against other classes

< Message edited by od -- 4/13/2012 10:10:52 >
Epic  Post #: 699
4/13/2012 10:06:41   
Ranloth
Banned

And what about other classes? There's other 5 apart from TLMs that get killed by them, including myself.
AQ Epic  Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 28 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition