Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Essence of Murder- An Episode in London

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Essence of Murder- An Episode in London
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2012 1:45:57   
lordkaho
Creative!

Discussion thread.

I

Man, by nature, is an insecure creature. Living in a reality where he wades at the bottom of the food chain, he must always strive to dominate others around him; an effort he only accomplishes thanks to his only weapon against nature- his brain. However, the human mind seeks not only survival through dominance of the elements, but even his fellow man is not safe from him. Such insecurities often creep at the darkest recesses of thought; grudge, hate, envy,ambition...Such are considered mortal sins that plague the soul.

And out of these, destructive volition sets course. Man is a super intelligent being, but sometimes when influenced by clouded emotions, he becomes very irrational. Paired with a twisted perception of the world, man becomes a destroyer or in some cases, an avenger.

One man in particular, thought he could right wrongs by 'weeding' out the evils of society, oblivious to how his own actions had made him.

Armed with a nasty array of blades, he stalked the foggy streets of London, in search of hapless individuals he deemed lost sinners; sacrificial lambs for his warped ideals of justice.

-------------------------------------------------------
September 1888

Whitechapel

The night went by coldly. Even by mid-autumn, the wind blew with an icy chill, leaving most of the populace to wrap themselves in whatever thick clothing to warm themselves.

The typical long, winding streets of London were unnaturally shrouded in ominous fog. Thick blankets of mist made walking around at night quite hazardous as even the town lamps could only illuminate so much.

At 11 O'clock in the evening, only a few people ventured into the dark, save for some who were on emergency errands and local police on patrol, armed with batons and a handy revolver should any delinquent stir up any trouble.

However, the real reason for the people's reluctance to leave the safety of their homes was a recent yet alarming case of a madman who prowled along the slums, killing people in a most vicious manner. The authorities made several attempts to track him down but he was very elusive, such that they were unable to draw in possible suspects. This serial killer was reported to have murdered two women so far, both prostitutes. Autopsy study on the bodies indicated that the cuts and lacerations were done with great surgical precision, adding more to the growing fear of the residents of Whitechapel.

As thus, local publications dubbed the madman...

"Jack the Ripper"

-----------------------

Atop one of the slated roofs, two figures stood in watch.

A young girl, with short gray hair and wrapped from shoulder to heel with a ragged leather cloak, scanned the shanty street below until her eyes caught sight of a genteel man roughly in his mid 30's, dressed in quality black, with his coat billowing behind him and a matching top hat to compliment his sophisticated attire.

This man, was curiously tailed in by a woman with a rather seductive composure.

There were no indications as to what personal relation these two had, but it was clear what this soiled dove's intentions were.

The young girl continued watching them trail off into the distance for several minutes. Her cold, mechanical eyes gave an impression of lifelessness. A taller person beside her, a bespectacled buxom figure in a regal dress, who had a brightly ornate tiara over her short purple hair, flicked her finger as if in thought.

"Come, we came just in time" Her voice seemed to undulate in a very unearthly melody.

Her cat-like irises sharpened as she focused on the man in black.

"This is going to be quite a sight, fufufu" She chuckled, also baring a menacing set of predatory fangs.

At once, the little girl made a low squat then propelled herself into the air at great speed like a cannonball, subsequently landing on a nearby rooftop of an adjacent building. Below, she could see very well the middle aged man.

"Come on, Darling. I ain't cheap, but...We could rest at your place. It's such a scary night out here" said the lady.

The man only stared at her, with grim eyes hinting of disgust. He creased his lips and tried to shy away from her gaze.

"What's the matter? Now aren't you the shy one"

The man hesitated at her offer for a couple of minutes, the air grew dry as an awkward gap of silence distanced them, but eventually the man gave up. He looked at her, with a tip of the hat, and led her to a gloomy alley.

"This your place? Looks...rather shabby for a person like you"

"Oh no, just wait and see. You'll scream with delight when you see it" he replied, with a rather smug grin.

The walk went on until they passed very narrow passages along the slums, most of it were rather decrepit buildings in that portion of Whitechapel. The woman started to question the location of their 'destination' but knew this man was a rare catch and that it she wouldn't let go off this chance. This man was good money, she thought.

However, her fears were starting to get realized when the longer they went, the more run-down the surroundings became. Whole line of rats that would zoom along the pavement, trash littered everywhere with fumes that were almost suffocating, and houses that looked rather abandoned. Much of the depravity of the place was, fortunately for her, cloaked by the evening mist. She began to tip toe as went, in dread of stepping on something she would rather not know.

"W-Where exactly are we going?" her voiced wavered.

"Just a little closer, dear. I had it especially prepared should I encounter any guests along the way"

The duo from earlier kept following them from the roof tops. They soared through building to building like a pair of grass hoppers, silently monitoring the man and the lady's movements. The woman with purple hair noticed her small companion slowing down. She gave a look at her, and she looked quite bored. She wasn't able to convey emotions nor could she speak, but this woman knew how she was feeling by simply looking at her. She was her mother of sorts, in that it was her who created this young girl.

"Can't wait to do it, don't you my little pet? So do I. This man is particularly an interesting individual" she said as she fixed her glasses.

They crept up along the ledge of the roof as the people moved to a halt in front an old apartment complex. The man waved for the woman to come close to her, who in turn happily strode towards him. With a quick tug, he wrapped his arms around her, with their eyes meeting directly. His cold, piercing eyes were somewhat enough for the woman to lose her previous fears and now she was at a state of inexplainable comfort, despite being this close to this shady person whom she had met just now. It was such a mesmerizing feeling, as if she was under a trance.

"Close your eyes, love. I have something I want to show you" Such was the deliverance of his words that the woman semi-fainted at an instant.

"Fufufu. Who is this Casanova fellow?" The purple haired woman chuckled.

"So that's how you manage to lure them in. It is faint, but you can really feel the ether reverberating from his voice." She smiled then glanced at her partner, who was watching the two below very intently.

"How about it, my dear pet? Jack the lady killer is just a mere amateur magus."

The man, "Jack", looked at the witless lady on his arms.

This woman, he thought. A lost individual who succumbed to the cancer of system. A harlot who would rather sell herself for money, who would gladly throw her body at the whims of the equally vile English men. A maggot squirming from the decaying sector of society, responsible for motherless children who wander the slums. Forsaken and left to rot.

You...

A Mother who spreads ill corruption upon England. Catering to vices that produce off-spring that tear at the nation's dampened soul.

I shall end you.

The woman was still in a state of hypnosis, and while the spell has taken its due effect, the man quickly produced a razor. He slowly traced the blade across her neck, then up to her cheeks. He lifted his blade directly above her still vacated face, and prepares to land the gory strike.

"Now...Do it, Jack. Show me what it means to be murderer! Rip her throat out! Gut her open! Deliver the justice that this pathetic land deserves!" The purple haired woman's eyes shone with delight and anticipation.

However, her small partner couldn't wait. In a blink of an eye, she took off in a wake of thunderous agility, ripping off several tiles of the roof and flew towards the man.

"Oh no..." the woman pinched her forehead in disappointment.

The young girl landed directly in front of "Jack", startling him in the process. Cautious of the appearance of the girl, he had no time to rationalize what or who she was, but he immediately tried to hypnotize her with his voice.

"You will go away and forget all this"

But his words had no effect on the girl. Annoyed at her intervention, he quickly made do of the prostitute and slashed her neck with his blade. He dripped his hands with her blood and spread his palms at the girl.

"Blood of the Tainted. Blood of Evil. Blood of the Unclean. Diminish this soul with my hatred, as the bloody saint of death delivers due judgment upon the guilty!"

The blood on his hand evaporated into a deep violet gas whirling around his out stretched palm. But before the spell was finished, out of the young girl's cloak came a rusty mechanical appendage with a bayonet on the end. Such was the speed that, the man had no time to react and pull out his arm from being impaled by the blade. He jerked in agony as his now bleeding hand was stuck to the bayonet. Another appendage came out, this time it looked like a fan of spinning serrated blades. It immediately came for him, seeking to grind him within its cruel teeth of steel, but it only managed to slice his arm off, as out of nowhere, crimson chains came rattling from above. They constricted the destructive wail of the diabolic machinery from further shredding the man apart.

Seeing an opening for escape, the man quickly fled the scene. From above, at a nearby lamp post, was the figure of the purple haired woman, holding a thick strand of chains in her right hand.

"Easy there, my pet. This is not murder, but assassination."

The young girl retracted her devices into her cloak, then gave a lifeless stare at her master.

"To completely, murder someone, you must give them time to react and defend themselves. Let them struggle a bit. Though you did succeed in all that, I did not see enough fear in his eyes. Let him feel the full futility of his actions. But don't drag it for too long. Make it brief, but not too quick, capisce?"

However, not far away, they could hear the tapping hooves of an approaching horse; someone was nearing. Worried of the implications that may ensue, the two also left the scene, leaving the dead woman, her neck cut out, lying on the cold pavement and her blood painting the street red.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 3/27/2012 2:23:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 1
3/24/2012 1:07:45   
lordkaho
Creative!

II

This man, dubbed "Jack the Ripper" ran for his dear life. With a severed right hand, he grimaced in excruciating agony. He kept running like he never had before, caring not for any possible passerby that might spot him. He couldn't tell for how long or how far he had been running. But he was sure of one thing.

Fear generates one heck of an adrenaline rush.

It was the fist time in his life that he ever felt the damning fear of death. It was just now that he realized how it must've been how his victims felt as they died, screaming and crying, upon his hands.

But nonetheless, it didn't stray him from his ideals, from the mission he must undertake.

"Who was that girl? An assassin? A mage hunter?"

For the short time since he had began his killing spree, he had never acknowledged the possibility of outside forces that would pose a threat to him. He never worried much as he thought he could just fool the authorities and the media with his magic.

This one was different though.

If his hunch was correct, whoever that tried to kill him, would definitely still be on his trail.

A doctor proficient in thaumaturgy utilizing blood, he needed a raw source to power his magic. Only then can he stand even a chance against this assailant.

As he kept running, the thought of fatigue never entering his mind, he looked at his blood arm, now only a stump that remains where his hand once were. Using his own blood, he recited a spell that would rejuvenate lost strength but instead it only enervated him even more. He eventually stumbled into the ground, then slowly crawled to a nearby alley.

As magus, the only restorative spell he knew was basic reconstruction. It would be able to restore his missing hand, but it wouldn't be enough to stop the blood from flowing on a wound like his, so he tore a piece of his cloak with his knife and wrapped it around his wrist. With the threat of blood loss out of the way, it was now up to the spell to heal up damaged cells and grow a new hand.

Several minutes had passed and it seemed that his attacker had lost her way, but as a magus, he wasn't going to take any chances. His enemy is likely to be preparing for a more lethal assault and he needed to prepare himself.

And as if coincidentally, his answer came in the form of fresh prey, heading towards him. It didn't take much observation to know that this lady was one he needed.

It was as if justice was on his side.

Looking at the clueless woman, he grinned.

Duty called.

-----------------

The night passed by quietly. The city of London was oblivious to the gruesome event taking place. A duel for life and death, ravaging between two interlocked forces. Though it would be better for them to be deaf about the truth, than for them to witness it with unprepared eyes. That is of course, until the dawn breaks.

"I really have to admire this man's creativity."

The two from earlier had located "Jack's" whereabouts, several kilometers from Berner Street where he had killed the woman earlier, at Mitre Square.

"He seems to be really enjoying himself with that knife."

"Ooh, but what I'd do if I were him, the delicious thoughts of carving through flesh and bone. Tis' like using the human body as your canvas, with blood as your paint. We are so much alike. I really respect a man who appreciates the value of that precious scarlet liquid. The vital essence of life."

Her partner, on the other hand, could only gaze in deep silence at the horrendous act happening before her. Her robotic eyes were too absorbed by Jack.

The man, bathed in blood, finally dropped the severely mutilated torso. Clumsily, he gouged through the corpse's messy bowels and ripped out a liver.

"So...you're here."

He noticed the presence of the little girl, but for some reason, not the other. In accordance, the girl emerged from the shadows and presented herself before Jack. This was the first time he had actually taken a good look at her. She was no more than 4 feet tall, but he was still pretty surprised by this reveal. That a little girl would have this much power.

"Humanity is a humorous race, isn't it?

That we would dirty ourselves for the sake of our carnal desires! We make unclean of our bodies to quench that sinful sensation! And to think that others would see it as good business to exploit this depravity, this lust of one's flesh!

We are no different from the cursed land of Sodom and Gomorra.

However...

I will change that.

I won't let you stop my goal now, my quest for justice that this sleeping wretched country needs to see
!"

His face, though red with blood, had a very confident and determined look in it. His eyes burned with great passion. Inflamed with this ideal of his, he can't back down now in the face of adversity.

The child could only look back at him with cold, blank eyes. Whatever this man was saying, what he was trying to convey, she could care less. She was just an automaton implanted with only one function; to kill, to murder, to take away life. And hence, emotions nor morals meant nothing to her. Like a predator waiting to pounce on its prey, the little girl lashes at Jack a gaze full of killing intent, cold and merciless, something so unlike him.

He held out the bloody organ with his now restored right hand, and with his left, he traced a trail of blood using his knife across the air. He drew a symbol that appeared to be a complex spiral of irregular shapes but with an image of a goat inscribed within a circle at the center.

"In my hand, I wield the blood of harlots and of wenches. Mother Babylon, city of dark indulgences, clothed with the immoralities of man, fill this golden cup with your evils, that I may spill the sins of humanity upon this Earth!" His words were powerful and full of vigor.

For several seconds, the symbol glowed monstrously enough to disperse the mist around them, ripping apart chunks of stone slabs from the ground into the air in a violent vortex of space.

Out of the circle, torrents of blood spewed forth, and were hot as lava. From the magical symbol, they could hear terrible, desperate cries of damned souls, lamenting about unspeakable pain and anguish- souls that were suffering in a punishment that seemed like an eternity.

In essence, it was a portal to Hell.

"Behold! As I will unleash all of man's evil upon you! See the true ugliness of this wor-"

He could say no more.

It was abrupt, but absolute.

The sound of an entire forest of blades clogged his ears, too many that his vision was blanketed by steel. As if timed just right, he had felt every nerve in his body being ground to pieces as well as the gurgling of his own blood from his mouth.

Eyes. Arms. Hands. Chest. Stomach. Thighs. Feet. Face. Shoulders. Groin.

No part of his body was spared.

A perfect 206 cut dissection.

The young girl had prepared her move with great precision- timing so matchless and perfect, such confusion, Jack the Ripper was bested in the art of murder on a level he could not comprehend.

Whatever was left of him scattered upon the ground in messy piles of meat and bone. It was over in half a second.

The purple haired woman came in, clapping in amusement.

"Bravo...The timing, the tension, the climax...Splendid work, my pet. That was truly a work of art, a masterpiece! You have made old Kharca quite happy" The woman, apparently known as Kharca, took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes off tears.

A cry of joy if you will.

"Though...no matter how perfect the execution. You still lacked one thing to commit the perfect murder."

She looked at the girl and said.

"Emotion. What you did is nothing different from him dying from accidentally getting run over by a bus. Murder is something that must be mutual, a violent battle of emotions, with one purpose: To Kill. Though I guess it would be better for you to have not any of those weird human feelings. I fear that giving you a personality on your own make you a monster, even I could not restrain."

She moved unto the bloody ground, and towards her servant, then then gave a light pat on her head. This has made her master quite proud.

Kharca glanced at the man's remains and sighed.

"In the end, you were nothing but a mere murderer, Mr. Ripper. No different from monsters like us. Humanity cares not for how grand or righteous your ideals were, nor your endless pleas for justice. What matters is that you still killed for your own satisfaction.

That alone made you eligible to suffer the same fate as the women you so happily gored to death.

Men like you, however, so disturbed and twisted, are the ones I enjoy watching die. Ironically, there is a great sensation of justice in the deed, no matter how warped it is. It offers much more fullness and feels much more complete, than compared to preying upon the defenselessness innocent.

Having said that, I might've considered you as one of my own.
"

She turned to the young girl, who was apparently picking something from the bloody pavement.

The young gray haired girl carefully placed the ripped remains of Jack's top hat upon her head, in quite an awkward fashion. She then looked at Kharca, as if waiting for a reaction.

"Fufufufu, how cute. Suits you well, my pet. Why? Want to play 'Jack the Ripper' for a while?" She asked.

Surprisingly, the girl slowly nods.

"Marvelous!" She exclaimed with glee. "Let's get you tidied up. Oh and we have to clean up Jack's remains too. We wouldn't want two Jack's in this city now would we?

But...

As for the body over there. Leave it be.

That'll be a head start for you, Ms. Ripper.
"

~***~

FIN

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 3/27/2012 2:39:20 >
DF MQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Essence of Murder- An Episode in London
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition