Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Heart Stone

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> The Heart Stone
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/27/2012 17:24:33   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

The Heart Stone, Blurb.

Vampire Sisters Skittles and Sephira lived for centuries, normal Darkovian lives. Until one day their Aunt, the Vampire Queen got very sick.
It fell to them to seek out the Heart Stone, the key to curing the Vampire Queen.
Alongside their friend and guard Vera, they travel Lore, meeting both friends and foes, new and old.
Who can they trust? This journey will test them like never before. At the end of this journey they will be forever changed.

The Heart Stone
By Sephira
A Story based on the online game Adventure Quest Worlds.

Chapter 1

“Sephira!” a young looking woman calls. She was wearing long black riding trousers and a long dark red riding top. Her hair was long and dark, her skin was a pale bronze, her eyes a piercing dark yellow.
“Sephira,” She calls again.
“Sephira” A small voice calls, “I thought we were finished playing Skittles” Vera the Vampmoglin said.
“I don’t know what she is up to Vera, if we don’t get going Aunt Safiria will be angry,” Skittles replied sounding worried.
“Sephir......” called Vera suddenly quieting.
“Over here,” came a soft voice that they felt more than heard.
Skittles and Vera head towards the voice, moving past trees and bushes with an inhuman speed.
Stopping in a small clearing they saw a woman wearing a dark blue riding top, black riding trousers and long silver hair reaching half way down the back, crouched in the clearing.
She stood up and turned around, showing the same piercing yellow eyes as Skittles. In her arms was a small pitch black dragon with glowing green eyes.
“Um Sephira where did you find that dragon?” asked Vera cautiously.
“I was going to look for you two when I heard something calling out, so I went looking and found this little guy,” Sephira replied “I couldn’t just leave him so I decided to help.”
“So what are we going to do with him?” Asked Skittles.
“Well I was going to take him home and see what mum and aunty say I should do,” answered Sephira.
Vera looked at Sephira and the dragon and sighs.
“Well we better move quickly, it’s getting late,” sighed Vera.
Both Skittles and Sephira, with Vera run through the forest with inhuman speed, after a short time they reach a small clearing with two pitch black horses and a small pure black zard. As they entered the clearing they saw two armoured guards. Skittles and Sephira look at each other with a look saying ‘we are in trouble’.
“Is everything ok Serron?” asked Vera.
“Not really, we have to get the princesses back to the queen’s castle as quickly as possible,” Answered Serron.
“What’s happened?” asked Sephira quickly.
“You will find out when we get there your majesty.” Serron answered quietly.
They look at each other with a look of fear.
They quickly mount their respective rides and the small group follow a well worn path towards a towering castle, which to the unwary would fill them with dread.
They reached a large gate and the guards gave them a solemn nod.
They followed the road to a large round fountain which sat before a large black door which was engraved with bats and armoured warriors. They reached the stairs just below the doors and dismount.
Skittles, Sephira, – while still holding the dragon -- and Vera walked up the stairs.
Once they reach the top they were greeted by Skittles’ and Sephira’s mother Safiril, sister to the Vampire Queen Safiria.
“My daughters, thank the stars you came quickly. Follow me,” Safiril said with a sigh “Sephira, sweetie why do you have a baby shadow dragon?”
“I found him alone in the forest and thought that you or aunty might be able to help figure out what we can do to help, the shadow dragons listen to aunty,” Sephira replied with a smile.
Safiril turned around and motioned for the three to follow her.
The four of them walked through the castle until they reached the room of Queen Safiria. Skittles tried to say something but got hushed by her mother.
Safiril opened the doors, and lying on a huge draped bed was the queen looking paler than normal.
“Mother what’s wrong with her,” gasped Sephira.
Skittles covered her mouth and gasped.
“My sister has contracted a very rare and deadly disease,” said Safiril sadly.
“Is there a cure?” asked Vera.
“Yes there is but,” Safiril answered “it requires a segment of a special stone”
“And where can this stone be found?” asked Skittles.
“It can be found in......Doomwood,” Safiril said sadly, “and the stone is called the Heart Stone.”
“But why are you telling us this mother?” asked Sephira.
“Because for the cure to work the stone must be retrieved by someone who is blood related to whoever is sick, and since I have to stay and watch over my sister, plus I cannot walk around in the daylight like you two can, so it falls to you two to retrieve the stone,” replied Safiril, “Vera will you accompany my daughters on this task?”
“Gladly you majesty,” Vera answered bowing.
“Also once you have the stone seek out Alina the Potions Mistress in Swordhaven, she will make the potion needed to cure the Queen,” Instructed Safiril.
Gulping, the two sisters looked at each other, then looked at their mother and nodded.
“We will go mother,” they said together.
With a smile and a nod Safiril leads them to a small armoury.
Safiril nodded at the two vampires in the armoury and they started to gathered up swords and armour.
“Can’t we choose....?” Skittles started to say but got cut off by her mother.
“You will wear the armour that was made for you,” Safiril stated.
With a frown Skittles backed down.
After a few minutes the two vampires placed the gathered items on two separate tables. Safiril indicates with her head for her daughters to go up to the tables.
Sephira handed the dragon to Safiril and with Skittles headed towards the tables. Sephira looked at the breastplates and noticed one of them had her father’s crest on it. Sephira looked at her mother who nodded. So Sephira stood in front of that table, and Skittles stood in front of the other one.
Once the sisters had stood still the two vampires started to put the armour on the respective sisters. Once fully armoured they were presented with a sword and a hooded cloak each.
Sephira looked at her sword and smiled, it was her father’s sword.
Looking towards Skittles she saw that Skittles was equally happy with her sword. Both placed their swords on their backs then put on their cloaks, they then turned towards their mother and Vera, who was now also armoured.
“Bring the box,” Ordered Safiril.
A vampire nodded then left and returned with a small plain box. Safiril opened the box revealing identical amulets. She gave the box to Skittles and removed one of the amulets and placed it around her neck, then placed the other one around Sephira’s neck.
Safiril then stood back and smiled at her daughters.
“This will be your first real trip outside of Darkovia. I wish you both speed and good luck,” said Safiril, “take good care of them Vera.”
“Of course I will,” said Vera.

< Message edited by Sephira -- 3/27/2012 18:44:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/27/2012 17:25:59   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 2

A Vampire guard came running up, saluted then bowed.
“Your majesty, the leaders of the local shadow dragon clan have arrived and are demanding and audience with the Queen,” the guard panted.
Safiril hands the baby dragon to Sephira.
“Well I guess that makes getting you to your parents easier little guy”
Sephira said to the little dragon who started growling happily.
Safiril turns and headed out the door. After a few minutes the other 3 decided to follow.
When they reached the front courtyard, they see Safiril talking to two large pure black dragons.
Seeing the little dragon getting excited Sephira put him down, and he started running towards the dragons.
The closest dragon looked down, and seeing the little dragon put its claw down so the little dragon could climb onto it. Once he is on the claw the dragon raised its claw.
After a few minutes the dragon lowered its claw and the little dragon ran up to Sephira, who then picked him up.
“Our son Daemonra has told us what the situation is and we have agreed to let him travel with the princesses. We expect him to be taken care of” announced the bigger of the two dragons.
“Do not worry my lord, he is in good hands” Sephira said politely.
With a nod the two dragons spread their wings and took off.
Turning to the small group Safiril said “well it seems you have another member of your little group. I think now would be a good time to start your journey, I wish you all well and I pray you come home quickly”
Looking at each other – Sephira, Skittles and Vera headed towards the front entrance where their mounts were already waiting.
Sephira looked Dae and said “how am I going to fit you on my horse?”
Dae looked at Sephira then jumped out of her arms. Stopping a little bit in front of her, he got up on his hind legs and wrapped his wings around his body, and then a dark cloud covered him. When the cloud disappeared instead of a small dragon, a young boy was standing in his place.
“This better?” Dae asked.
“How did you do that Daemonra?” asked Vera.
“Call me Dae, everyone else does,” Dae answered, “my mummy taught me how to look human.”
“I think it would be better if he was in dragon form,” Commented Skittles.
“This will be fine while we are riding,” Sephira said.
Taking Dae’s hand she walked over to her horse and helped Dae up into the front of the saddle then got up herself.
Shrugging Skittles got into the saddle of her horse, and Vera got into the saddle of her frogzard.
Safiril walked up to Sephira and handed her a tied piece of parchment.
“This is a map of lore, may it guide you well,” Safiril said frowning slightly.
“Don’t worry mother, we will be alright,” Sephira comforted while taking the map.
“We better get going,” said Vera.
With a nod, Sephira flicked the reins and her horse started walking, with Skittles and Vera following.

Three Hours Later, in a small town.
The four of them were sitting at a table at the Inn called The Blunt Sword, looking at the map.
“So this is where we are right?” asked Skittles pointing at the map.
“I think so,” replied Vera looking at the map.
Sephira put her elbows on the table and rested her head in her hands, and stared at the map, a thoughtful look on her face.
Dae looked at the map, while trying to mimic Sephira.
“Wanting anything yet?” asked a passing waitress.
Dae whispered something to Sephira.
“A small steak please, and some soup,” answered Sephira.
“Sure thing” she said smiling.
After sitting in silence for a while the waitress returns with the steak and soups.
“Excuse me miss, but do you know the fastest way to Battleon?” Vera asked the waitress.
“Hm, I think the best way is down this way – past this town here” she answered pointing at the map.
“Thank you” Vera said politely.
The waitress smiled, then nodded and walked to another customer.
Skittles looked at the map, then said “looks like the town is near Darkovia’s largest graveyard,”
“Hm, you’re right,” agreed Sephira “better be careful around there.”
“Well once we finish eating we better get to bed and rest, we leave tomorrow,” said Vera.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/27/2012 17:27:36   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 3

The next day – outside the inn.
Sephira was getting the horses ready, while Vera sat with Dae and her zard. Sephira looked around for her sister, but she wasn’t nearby.
“Where is Skittles, we have to leave soon,” said Sephira sounding a little worried.
Vera sighed then looked around a little bit.
“She’s coming.” Dae said suddenly.
“How do you know Dae?” Vera asked.
“Can’t you hear her?” responded Dae.
Sephira and Vera looked at each other, and then tried to listen for Skittles.
“Oh I hear her now,” said Vera happily.
Just as Vera said that, Skittles came walking round the corner of the inn.
“Oh hey, I’ve got something important to tell all of you,” Skittles said quickly.
“What’s that?” asked Sephira?
“You know how we are going past Darkovia’s biggest graveyard?” said Skittles, “well there are rumours about a necromancer playing around over there.”
“Well I said last night we should be careful around there,” said Sephira.
“Well let’s get going, if we leave now we will get to that town by nightfall,” advised Vera.
With that being said Sephira and Skittles get ready to mount their horses.
Dae went up to Skittles and asked, “Can I ride with you today Skittles?”
Skittles looked at Sephira who just shrugged.
“Ok sure I guess so.” Said Skittles, who then put Dae in the saddle, then got in herself.
Sephira giggled then got into her saddle. Vera shook her head then got into her saddle.
“Alright let’s go,” said Skittles.
The party set out, and as they passed the gates they got a slight nod from the guards. They returned the nods and continue down the road.
After a few hours of travelling quietly, except for an occasional joke or remark from Skittles, they hear some voices.
They looked at each, wondering if they should go see what was happening.
“Should one of us go see what is going on?” asked Sephira cautiously.
“I know you seem to have the natural instincts of a Skyguard but I don’t think there is time,” stated Vera.
“Besides what if we intervene and it’s something personal?” said Skittles smirking slightly.
Sephira shook her, and dismounted.
“Well I’m going to see if anyone needs help, it’ll be quick,” Sephira said.
Moving quietly Sephira headed towards the voices, which were starting to sound quite aggressive.
“PUNY PALADIN YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME!” taunted an armoured warrior.
“As a paladin it is my duty to rid Lore of creatures like you,” retorted a young man in silver armour and gold trim.
“A PALADIN ROOKIE THINKS HE CAN DEFEAT ME!” laughed the armoured warrior.
Taking a deep breath, Sephira stood out from behind the bushes where she was watching, and confronted the two warriors.
“I have seen your kind before paladin,” Sephira said to the paladin, “but you, I have never seen your kind before. Who are you and are you in Darkovia?”
The armoured warrior looks at Sephira for a few minutes.
“AND WHO ARE YOU GIRL! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO TALK TO ME IN SUCH A MANNER?” he sneered.
“I am Sephira Nyx, Princess of Darkovia and I demand you tell me why you are in Darkovia,” demanded Sephira.
“MY PURPOSE IN DARKOVIA IS COMPLETE, AND I HAVE LITTLE TIME TO WASTE ON A ROOKIE AND A SPOILT PRINCESS!”
“Spoilt princess am I,” hissed Sephira, revealing a pair of long gleaming fangs, “I am Sephira Nyx, Daughter to Safiril and niece to the Vampire Queen Safiria, and you WILL show me respect in MY kingdom!”
“You’re a....vampire!?” the young paladin said highly surprised.
The warrior laughs, “AND YOU STILL THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME LITTLE VAMPIRE?”
Sephira drew her sword, “Not only will I defeat you I will learn your purpose.”
Sephira gets into a battle stance, then charges at the warrior. Drawing his own sword, he barely manages to defend.
“HM A PRINCESS WHO CAN FIGHT – THIS WILL BE FUN” he said turning to face Sephira.
Suddenly a blinding light hit the warrior from behind.
“You forgot about me Death Knight!” the paladin sneered, “and my name is Dargon, remember it Death Knight.”
“HMPH, SO YOU BOTH THINK YOU CAN WIN!” the Death Knight taunted, “BEHOLD MY POWER!”
A dark aura surrounded the death knight – Sephira and Dargon look at each other, both wondering what should be done.
‘Just before he strikes, strike where the heart should be’ came a voice in Dargon’s head, ‘don’t just stand there get ready.’
Dargon looked at Sephira, who only nodded. Understanding, Dargon posed for an attack.
As the Death Knight raised his sword, Sephira and Dargon charge. Just as they are about to strike, the knight vanishes, and his echoes around them,
“NEXT TIME YOUNG WARRIORS – NEXT TIME!”
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/27/2012 17:29:49   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 4

Back on the road.
“Where is Sephira – she said it would be quick,” asked Skittles getting worried.
“I don’t know Skittles, do you think I should go and see what is going on?” Vera responded sounding worried.
Suddenly the bushes nearest to them started to rustle. Skittles reaches for a saddlebag and brings out some small explosives she had made, and got ready to throw them.
“I so hope you’re not planning on testing your toys out on me again sister,” came Sephira’s voice.
“Seph? Is that you,” Skittles asked cautiously.
“Who else would it be Skitts?” Sephira teased as she stepped out onto the road with Dargon following behind.
“Ok Seph, I know you take after your father but who is this?” Vera asked looking at Dargon.
“I am the paladin Dargon,” answered Dargon, “I was here with a small group of young paladins but....we got separated.”
Skittles giggled and put her explosives back in the back.
“You got....separated,” Skittles said still giggling.
“Yes, we were attacked by skeletons – but these were skeletons that have never been seen before,” explained Dargon.
“So what was all that noise earlier?” enquired Vera.
“While looking for my group I came across something that I thought I would never encounter,” continued Dargon “A Death Knight.”
“A what!?” Skittles cried.
“But Death Knights have never been in Darkovia before,” said a startled Vera.
“This is not good, first Aunty Safiria, now a Death.....Knight,” said Sephira thinking.
“You’re not thinking that somehow this Death Knight caused.....” Skittles stopped.
“It would seem to be the case I’m afraid,” Dargon said, “and what has happened to the Vampire Queen?”
“She suddenly got deadly sick, we are headed to Doomwood,” explained Vera, “we seek something that will help with a cure for her.”
“But why?” asked Skittles.
“Only way to find out is to continue to Doomwood,” stated Sephira.
The others nodded in agreement.
“May I travel with you?” asked Dargon, “if you are travelling to Doomwood, travelling with you would make it easier for me to Lightguard Keep.”
“What do you guys think?” Sephira asked Skittles, Vera and a very curious Dae.
“I like him, I want him to come,” pipped Dae with a smile.
“If we are travelling to Doomwood, a paladin would be a useful ally,” Vera said thinking, “I don’t mind if he comes.”
“I guess so,” Skittles said frowning a little.
“So I guess until we reach this Lightguard Keep, you are our new party member,” Sephira said, “but how are we going to travel with so many and too few horses?”
“How about Dargon and Dae ride on your horse, and you ride with me until the next town and he can get himself one there,” Suggested Skittles.
“Only if your horse will let me,” said Dargon.
With a shrug and a nod Sephira went over to her horse and held the reins. Dargon took a deep breath, and then walked over to the horse. Placing his hands on the saddle and got ready to lift himself into the saddle. The horse looked at Dargon but did nothing. Sighing Dargon pulled himself into the saddle. Sephira’s horse started to get restless.
After a few minutes of Sephira calming her horse, he settled.
“Me now, me now,” pipped an excited Dae.
Sephira laughed, then went and got Dae and placed him in front of Dargon. Once all were settled Sephira went and got behind Skittles on her horse.
“Alright let’s go” said Vera.

The next few hours of travel were made up of either Skittles talking about experiment ideas, with Dae trying to make explosive noises every time said something to do with boom or bang, or trying to figure out the best route to Doomwood.
“You two make it sound like her experiments are bad,” said Dargon, “why is that?”
“Cause when something explodes, we are normally nearby,” said Sephira frowning, “it’s not much fun having things explode in your face.”
Although she couldn’t see her sisters face, Sephira knew Skittles had a smile on her face.
Dae giggled and again tried to make explosive noises, making everyone else laugh.

An hour or so later, they reached the small town of Darnor, which was also near Darkovia’s largest known cemetery.
The small group moved through the town, looking for an Inn. As they moved through the town they noticed that the people looked quite scared, and the townspeople looked at the newcomers with a wary eye.
“Excuse me, where is the local Inn?” Dargon asked an elderly woman.
“There is no Inn right now. Not since that attack by the undead,” she replied, “but I think the local guardians have a place set up for travellers to rest, try following the street to the right just up ahead.”
“Thank you ma’am,” thanked Dargon.
The party headed in the direction the woman had suggested. About ten minutes later, they reached a small camp which had many guardians scattered throughout.
“Greetings Paladin,” greeted a nearby guardian, “seeking a place to sleep? You’re a day behind another group of Paladins. They said to keep an eye out for any solo young paladins.”
“Yes, and thank you for telling me,” said Dargon, “also where can I get a horse, a third horse would make things easier for me and my friends.”
“Would your party like to stay in the same tent or be close together?” asked the guardian, “as for a horse, I’ll look into it for you.”
“I think two separate but nearby tents will do thank you,” said Vera, “one for the guys and one for the girls.”
The guardian nodded then turned to another guardian behind him. “See if you can find a spare horse while I escort the princesses and company to their tents.”
“Aye captain,” said the other guardian who saluted then walked off.
The Captain then grabbed the reins of Skittles’ horse and led the party through the makeshift camp. He took them to a couple of tents a bit more elegant than the rest.
“I hope these will do your highnesses,” he said.
“These will be just fine, we will only stay the night,” replied Vera.
Just as they have dismounted, a young guardian approached with a dark brown horse.
“This is the only spare horse here captain,” reported the young guardian.
“That is alright, any horse will do,” said Dargon.
“CAPTAIN!!!!!”
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/27/2012 17:34:31   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 5

“CAPTAIN!!!” came a voice quickly getting closer.
The Guardian Captain turned to look towards where the voice called from.
Coming from the left came a warrior who looked like he had seen many battles.
“Captain,” panted the veteran, “we are under attack by those strange undead again. But something is different this time.”
“How?” asked the captain.
“There are more plus they are being lead by someone on a huge skeletal horse” Replied the veteran.
“What!? Deploy as many troops as possible,” commanded the captain.
The veteran saluted then turned and ran, shouting out orders.
“May we help captain?” asked Skittles.
“Only if you can, I do not wish to put you in harm’s way milady,” he replied.
“We can fight, and sounds like you need every able bodied fighter to help,” said Sephira.
“Plus as a paladin it’s my duty to rid Lore of undead,” added Dargon.
“Me help too,” pipped Dae.
Dargon looked down at Dae and asked, “Aren’t you too young to fight?”
Dae folded his arms and stared angrily at Dargon, “Me help fight too,” saying as a statement not a question.
Dargon backed away a little bit with a slightly scared look on his face, causing Skittles and Sephira to giggle.
“Alright enough talk we have to get to the front line,” interrupted the captain.
The Captain started to move quickly move through the camp, and Sephira and the others followed.
Skittles stopped suddenly and said, “Wait I need to get something.”
Skittles turned around and ran back to her horse and grabbed a bag.
“Ok I’m ready,” she said with a smile.
Sephira glared uneasily at the bag, and then with Skittles ran to catch up with the others.

Soon the small group reached the front of the town, and they saw the army of undead.
“In all my years I’ve never seen anything like them,” said a surprised Vera.
Skittles gulped a little then got some small spheres from her bag, while Sephira, Vera and Dargon drew their swords.
All around them they could hear orders being given and soldiers getting ready.
With an unearthly roar, the hoard of undead charged. Without hesitation the guardians cheered then charged at the undead. In mere seconds the whole area was filled with the sound of battle. Everywhere you looked there were warriors in silver armour trimmed with gold wielding long jagged blades, fighting a variety of skeletons.
Most of the skeletons had an animal sort of look to them, and the rest looked somewhat human with only a third using any kind of weapon. The rest of them used either their sharp claws or fangs.
Amongst the silver armoured warriors fought Sephira and Dae, who had now taken on dragon form, but instead of a small dragon he was now the same height as Sephira.
A little further on fought Skittles, who now had her sword drawn as well as throwing small spheres that exploded every time they hit something.
Fighting closer to the village was Vera and Dargon, with Vera still riding her Zard.
Unfortunately the guardians were greatly outnumbered, but for some reason the undead didn’t get too close to the village.
Even with their superior speed and skills Sephira and Skittles were hard pressed, eventually fighting the undead back to back.
“Strange, a lot of the undead seem familiar,” Sephira pointed out, “it feels like I’ve fought something similar.”
“The bigger ones remind me of....”
“WEREWOLVES” Sephira and Skittles said together.
“How is that possible, undead werewolves,” asked Skittles, while fending off a human like skeleton.
“I don’t know, what I’m worried about is the other skeletons,” Sephira replied after cutting a skeleton in two.
“They remind me of vampires but vampires are already undead,” Skittles said after throwing one of her bombs, “so these can’t be vampire skeletons, can they?”
“I don’t know sister, but right now we can’t worry about it,” Sephira responded, blocking an incoming attack.

Closer to the village.
“How you doing over there Vera?” Dargon asked, cutting a skeleton into pieces.
“About as well as anyone else is,” answered Vera dodging around some undead.
“Many have come to the conclusion that the bigger ones are undead werewolves,” Informed Dae as he approached Dargon and Vera, “but what no one has figured out is what the other ones are, some think they are vampires.”
“Impossible,” Vera hissed, “but if is so then this is dark magic indeed to turn vampires into skeletons.”
“Indeed” agreed Dae.

Further into the battlefield, Sephira and Skittles are still fighting back to back.
Sephira looked to her left and saw what looked like the leader of the army.
“Skittles, over there,” Sephira shouted, pointing at the figure on the undead horse, “I think we have to take it out if we are to win.”
Skittles looked in the direction that Sephira had pointed, “I agree, let’s go get it.”
Skittles threw some bombs, attempting to clear a path. But the gap filled up just as quickly as it was cleared.
“How are we going to get to it when gaps are filled in faster than we can make them?” asked Skittles.
“I don’t....” answered Sephira getting frustrated.
Looking around, Sephira saw nearby a large rock just under a tall tree.
Smiling she said, “Fly high.”
“Fly...High..?” asked Skittles looking in the same direction as Sephira. Then understanding what her sister had in mind she said agreeing “Fly High.”
Nodding together, they ran towards the rock, slicing any undead in the way.
Once they reached the rock they climbed up, jumped and grabbed the tree branch then they dropped right in front of the skeletal figure on the undead horse.
The figure on the horse laughed even though he was a skeleton and the jaw did not move.
“You two are far cleverer than my master first thought,” He said, “this will change things”
“I thought undead were not allowed to talk,” taunted Skittles.
He laughs, “My master has given me the power to speak.”
The jaws opened revealing sharp gleaming fangs.
Sephira and Skittles bared their own fangs and hissed at him.
“What are you?” growled Sephira.
“I’m surprised you don’t recognise me princess.”
Sephira looked at him then hissed in a way that scared Skittles.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/27/2012 17:38:01   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 6

“TRAITOR!” Sephira all but screamed the word.
Skittles looked at her sister with fear, having never seen her like this in her 500 years on Lore.
“Sephira, who is he?” Skittles asked sounding scared.
“He was Xargon and he was part of mum’s personal guard until he....” answered Sephira trying not to sound angry at her sister.
“Until what? I don’t remember him,” said Skittles.
Sephira looked at Skittles with a look that sent chills though her, but the look quickly softened.
“When he killed Lieutenant Farron of the Skyguards,” Sephira said with a hint of sadness.
“And I will do the same to you and your hybrid sister,” Xargon said raising a jagged sword which looked to be made of bone.
Sephira roared and jumped at Xargon, knocking off the horse.

Skittles watched in fear as her sister fought the skeletal vampire, with a rage and fierceness she never thought her sister was capable of. Sephira had always been quiet and friendly, and never got angry a personality trait she obviously got from her father. Even when getting things blown up in front of her, she had never yelled or even got angry.

Skittles quickly focused as she noticed the skeletal horse moved menacingly towards her. Skittles drew from her bag some small spheres that appeared to have a liquid in them.
“Good thing about being part human means that I’m immune to holy water,” Skittles said menacingly to the horse, which responded by neighing and rearing.
Skittles threw the spheres at the horse, which exploded on impact covering the skeleton in holy water. The horse let out an unearthly shriek causing Skittles to cover her ears. In a matter of seconds the horse had melted away to nothing.
Once the smoke from the melted horse disappeared, Skittles saw what looked to be her sister in a fighting a losing battle. Skittles looked down at her bag and quickly grabbed some spheres.
In the time Skittles took to get the spheres, Sephira had done as she had planned.
Making Xargon think he had won, Sephira waited until he was about to strike before, leaping at him, causing him to topple. Taking advantage of Xargon being somewhat dazed, Sephira raised her sword and drove it into Xargon’s skull.
Xargon let out a terrifying shriek, a burst of dark power exploded from him, sweeping over the entire area.
Once people could see, it was clear that the defeat of Xargon had destroyed the undead attacking the town.
After a few minutes, a loud cheer erupted from the weary warriors.
Skittles stood still and just looked at her sister who just stayed in the same position she had been when she had defeated Xargon.
Coming up behind Skittles came, Vera, Dae and Dargon.
Skittles slowly walked up to Sephira and wrapped her arms around her. Feeling Skittles arms, Sephira collapses.

The next day, on the road to Battleon.
“Is she ok?” Dargon asked.
“She will be fine,” answered Vera.
Skittles looked at her sister, who was riding her horse with Dae. Sephira had never been this quiet before.
“You ok Sephira?” Dae asked quietly.
Before she could answer, someone came running out in front of Sephira and Dae, causing Sephira’s horse to rear, throwing Dae back and almost throwing Sephira off.
Quickly calming her horse Sephira turns it around to take a look at the newcomer, who was now sitting on the ground stunned. He was wearing a dark green cuffed suit, with short black hair and goggles on top of his head.
“Are you alright?” Sephira asked quietly.
“Yeah,” answered the newcomer slowly.
“What’s you name friend?” Vera asked approaching him.
“Dusk,” he answered.
“What are you doing out here?” Dargon asked.
“I was...” Dusk said thinking, “um I don’t remember.”
“You don’t remember” Skittles snickered.
“I think I was trying to run from something,” Dusk said.
“We are on our way to Battleon, you can travel with us if you wish,” Sephira said quietly.
“Sure, ok thank you,” Dusk said slowly.
“Here you can ride with me,” offered Dargon.
Dusk nodded, and walked over to Dargon, who reached out his hand to Dusk. Taking Dargon’s hand Dusk got into the saddle behind Dargon.

A few hours later, the group reach the outskirts of the town Battleon. Floating above the town was a ship. All but Sephira looked at it in wonder.
“What is that?” asked Dusk excitedly.
“It’s a Skyguard ship,” answered Sephira, “I wonder why the Skyguards are here?”
“Hey I have an idea,” Skittles said quickly, “let’s see if they can take us to Lightguard Keep.”
“I agree Skittles, such a ride would save us days,” Dargon agreed.
As they ride through the town, Sephira looked east, at some foreboding mountains, with a just as foreboding forest at the foot.
“Excuse me sir, how can we get to that Skyguard ship?” Skittles asked a passing merchant.
“Head towards Yulgar’s Inn, it’s docked just beyond it,” the merchant answered, “just follow this road, it’s easy enough to find, it’s near the magic shop.”
“Thank you sir,” said Skittles politely.
The merchant nodded and continued on his way, while Sephira and her group continued down the road.
Dusk looked eagerly at the ship.
Sephira looked around the town, the town was fairly empty. Being just after midday the town should have been filled with merchants and people, buying and selling.
They soon reach a tall building, which had an open friendly feel to it.
Standing outside was a tall well built man, fixing a sigh. The man turned and smile.
“Greetings travellers, I’m Yulgar and this is my Inn, how may I help you,” Yulgar greeted.
“We were hoping to talk to the Skyguard in charge of the ship nearby,” Said Sephira.
“Ah you’ll be wanting to talk to Commander Dragon. He’s inside, I’ll take you to him,” said Yulgar.
Yulgar called for a stable hand, who came round the corner of the Inn.
“Take care of these steeds for our new guests,” Yulgar said to the young man, who nodded with a smile.
Skittles, Dargon and Dusk dismounted. Sephira, Dae and Vera waited for the stable hand to return before dismounting.
Once Sephira’s horse and Vera’s Zard are taken to the stable, Yulgar motions for them to follow.
“I think I’ll take a look around the town,” said Dusk.
“Alright, take care Dusk,” said Vera.
With a quick nod Dusk walks back down the road they had travelled on.
Once Dusk was out of sight they followed Yulgar inside. The Inn was about as empty as the town. There were very few people and they seemed to be either Guardians, Paladins or Skyguards.
“What’s going on here,” asked Dae.
“I think I’ll let them explain it,” said Yulgar, pointing to a table that had a Paladin, a Guardian and someone in Skyguard uniform.
“Greetings Yulgar, who are your new friends?” asked Commander Dragon.
“These travellers wanted to speak to the Skyguard in charge of the ship, so I escorted them to you,” answered Yulgar.
“Sit please, and we will talk,” said Commander Dragon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/27/2012 17:39:14   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 7

They move some tables and chairs closer to where Commander Dragon is sitting, to make conversation easier.
Dragon looks at the crest on Sephira’s armour.
“I know that crest, it’s the crest of the of the legendary Lieutenant Farron,” said Dragon, “So you must be his daughter, Sephira Nyx.”
“Aye, I am Commander,” Sephira said.
“How may I be of service my lady,” he asked.
“We were hoping you would take us to Lightguard, in Doomwood,” answered Skittles.
“I’m afraid I can’t,” said Commander Dragon sadly, “for me and my crew and needed here,”
“Aye so are we,” added the Paladin, “there are hoards of undead in the surrounding area, and it is too much for the local Guardians to handle.”
“Well it was a good idea sis,” said Sephira.
“Why do you want to go to Doomwood my ladies?” asked Dragon.
“We seek the Heart Stone,” answered Vera.
“I know nothing of such a thing but maybe the mage that owns the shop nearby might,” said the Paladin, “as for getting to Lightguard, I have a spare map, so you can get there quickly, especially for you young Paladin.”
The Paladin bends down and picked up a small bag, he then takes out a small rolled up parchment, and hands it to Dargon.
“Thank you sir,” said Dargon as he took the map.
“Too bad you must leave, we could do with the assistance of some Dragonlords,” said the Guardian.
“Dragonlords?” Sephira and Skittles asked.
“You are Dragonlords? Those are Dragon Amulets you’re wearing right?” asked the Guardian.
Sephira and Skittles looked the amulets their mother had given them.
“We didn’t know what they were, I guess we assumed they were just protective amulets,” said Skittles.
“If you have Dragon Amulets, where are your Dragons?” asked the Commander.
“I guess we haven’t meet them yet,” answered Sephira.
“Shame, a Dragonlord would be very useful right now,” sighed the Guardian.
“Anyway thanks for your help,” said Dargon.
“Sephira, let’s go see the mage about the Heart Stone,” suggested Dae.
“While you do that we will go get some supplies,” said Vera.
“I’ll go with Sephira and Dae,” said Skittles, “Thank you for your help.”
The three nodded and the group leave.

In the Magic shop, as they look around waiting for the owner.
“Hey Dae are these really Dragon Amulets?” Sephira asked, “I thought since you’re a dragon you might know.”
Dae looked at the amulet, “yea that’s a Dragon Amulet.”
“Ok then, how do we become Dragonlords, we have the amulet,” Skittles said.
“To become a Dragonlord, a dragon must hatch in front of someone wearing the Amulet,” explained Dae, “most of the time the dragon hatches willingly.”
“Hey Dae, why aren’t you a kid anymore?” asked Sephira.
Dae sighed sadly, “When I had just hatched I was captured. The one who captured me cast a spell that kept me as a hatchling. I had only been free for a month when I meet you guys. For some reason, the spell is wearing off quickly being with you.”
“How old are you anyway Dae,” asked Skittles.
“Um I think I’m about 700, but I wasn’t really able to keep track of time,” said Dae thinking.
“Wow that’s about Sephira’s age,” said Skittles, “where is that mage? He sure is taking his time coming out.”
“Patience Skittles,” said Sephira.
Just as Dae was going to say something, the sound of footsteps causes them to turn towards the back of the shop.
“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t realise I had customers, I apologise for my rudeness,” said the man politely, “how may I help you?”
“We were told you might know something about the Heart Stone,” explained Sephira, “we need to find it as quickly as possible.”
“The Heart Stone, I think I have something here,” he said, moving towards a shelf filled with scrolls.
He looked through the scrolls muttering to himself.
“Ah here we go,” he said after about ten minutes, “it is not much but every little bit helps yes?”
“Yeah, I guess so,” agreed Sephira taking the scroll.
The man put his hand to his chin, obviously thinking. He then went through a door at the back of the shop. A few minutes later he returns with a small plain box.
“Here, for you to put the Heart Stone fragment into, for the best results you will need to keep intact as much s possible,” he explained handing the box to Skittles.
“Thanks...um,” said Skittles.
“Oh, Warlic. I am Warlic the Blue Mage,” Warlic said with a smile.
“Thank You Warlic for your help,” said Sephira.
Suddenly Dusk came running in and hid behind Sephira.
“Whatever you hear, I didn’t do it,” Dusk said quietly.
Skittles glared at Dusk, “And what didn’t you do?”
“I don’t know but I didn’t do it,” Dusk replied quietly.
Just as Sephira was going to say something, there were some angry voices getting closer. Dae goes to the door to see what was going on, two men walked past and glared at Dae but said nothing.
“So were those two angry at you Dusk?” asked Dae turning around.
“Yea, but I have no idea who they are,” Dusk answered.
Suddenly more yelling could be heard. This time louder and more voices. Dae went back to the door, instead of the two men, he saw Guardians, Paladins and Skyguards all heading down the main road.
“Dae!” called Dargon.
“Dargon. What’s going on?” asked Dae.
“The town is under attack. Apparently this is the third time this week,” answered Dargon.
“Is it the same undead?” Sephira asked, as she came up behind Dae.
“Well, should we...?” Sephira said, but got interrupted.
“You should go. Leave the defending of the town to us,” said Warlic who was now holding a staff.
“But...” Dargon started.
Warlic raised his hand stopping Dargon, “Your quest for the Heart Stone should be your top priority. With the dangers in Doomwood, your skills would be more useful helping the princesses.”
“Come on let’s get going,” said Vera quickly.
“Thank you again for your help Warlic,” said Dae.
“It was my pleasure, now go quickly, before the undead enter the town,” urged Warlic.
Nodding Sephira turns and runs up the road, the others following.
Seeing Yulgar, Sephira stops and hands Yulgar a small bag of gold.
“Here, look after our animals till we return,” she said quickly.
“What! We are going on foot?” Dusk asked surprised.
“Good idea, not enough time to get the animals ready,” agreed Vera.
“Stay if you want Dusk, we go on foot to Doomwood,” said Skittles.
“Well it’s not like I’ve got anything else to do,” Dusk said reluctantly.
“No worries, your animals will be well cared for, now it seems you need to get going. Go quickly,” Yulgar said quickly.
With a smile that says thanks, Sephira turned and headed towards the foreboding forest, the others following close behind.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/27/2012 17:40:39   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 8

“Great, we are at the edge of Doomwood, its cold and we have no horses,” complained Dusk as they sat around a small fire.
“Do you always complain so much?” teased Skittles.
Dusk glared at Skittles, “You know I wouldn’t remember. Besides I haven’t complained that much.”
“Of course you don’t...” Skittles stopped because of a look Sephira gave her.
“Why couldn’t we bring the horses?” Dusk asked.
“Not enough time to get them ready and leave, by the time we got them ready we would’ve most likely been swamped by undead,” explained Dargon.
“Hey Dusk, what’s the last thing you remember before meeting us?” asked Dae.
Dusk went quiet for a while before answering.
“The last thing I remember is waking up in a dark forest. Standing before me was a man, but I could not see his face. He seemed surprised with my presence,” explained Dusk, “but he did say he had a task for me to do, but I didn’t stick around to find out what. I ran. I heard something following, but I still ran, I didn’t know who he was, and all I knew was that I didn’t want anything to do with him.”
“I wonder who that was, and what he could possibly want you to do,” said Sephira thinking.
“Well we can’t worry about that now, let’s get some rest, we have a long trip ahead of us,” Vera advised.
They all agreed, and one by one started settling down to go to sleep, except Sephira, who decided to keep watch.

The next day.
Dargon is looking at the map he had been given. Staring at it with a thoughtful look, and turning it every now and then.
“We better not be lost,” said Skittles sounding annoyed.
“We are not lost, I know how to get there but first I need to figure out where we are, according to the map, so I’m keeping a eye out for things on the map to let me know we are going in the direction,” explained Dargon.
Sephira looked to her right, and saw a hill and headed towards it the others following. She quickly reached the top, and in the distance she saw a huge white tower.
“Is that it Dargon?” Sephira asked smiling.
“Yea that’s it”
Sephira pulled out the scroll she had been given in Battleon and looked at it. Dargon came up beside Sephira and also looked.
“Should we stop at the keep or keep going?” Sephira asked Dargon.
“From what I see, it will take a couple of days to get there. I say if we need supplies we stop, otherwise we keep going,” Dargon advised.
“Either way, we go in that direction,” Skittles said pointing at the tower.
They go down the hill, and find a well worn path that goes towards the tower.
“Well I guess we follow this path right?” asked Dusk.
“It would seem so,” answered Dae.

After a few hours of travelling along the road.
“Can we rest guys, I’m tired,” Dusk said.
“I agree, we have been going at a hard pace for hours, a slight rest wouldn’t hurt,” agreed Dargon.
“Humans,” Skittles sighed.
“We rest for about 10 minutes, any longer and we waste time,” said Vera.
“There is a small clearing up ahead, we can rest there,” Dae said.
A few minutes later they reached the clearing Dae had mentioned. There was a small spring in there clearing. Dusk walks up to the spring and is about to put his hands in the water but is stopped by Dargon.
“Be careful, we are in Doomwood. The water could be tainted,” Dargon said.
“But it looks fine,” Dusk said.
Suddenly a huge shadow moves over the party, and they look up.
“Skyguards?” Dusk asked.
“No. Sky Pirates, the enemies of the Skyguard,” Sephira answered, “but for what reason are they in Doomwood,”
Another shadow passes over them, this time it’s a Skyguard ship.
“So any idea what is going on?” asked Vera.
“No, but somehow I get the feeling that everything going on is somehow tied to Aunt Safiria getting sick,” said Sephira.
“So, any idea which ship that was sis?” Skittles asked.
“From down here, I can’t tell,” Sephira replied as she watched the ship.
“Alright, time to go,” announced Vera.
“What? Already,” said a surprised Dusk.
“Well you spent the break watching the sky ships. We move on,” said Vera.
They start walking down the road. Dusk sighs and follows.

They travelled the rest of the day mostly in silence, stopping occasionally for resting.
Just as the sun was setting, the made camp. Once everything was set up, Skittles and Vera started towards the forest.
“Where you two going?” asked Dusk.
“Well I’m only half vampire, so I still need to feed, and so does Vera,” explained Skittles.
“You’re half vampire?” asked Dusk slowly.
“Yeah, so.” Said Skittles glaring at Dusk.
“Just go already. The sooner you go, the sooner you get back,” Sephira urged.
Skittles sighed then with Vera went into the forest.
“So you’re both half vampire?” asked Dusk after Skittles and Vera had left.
“Yea, something wrong with that?” Sephira asked.
“You’re not going to bite me are you?” Dusk asked cautiously.
Sephira giggled, “If I was going to I would have already,”
Dusk glared at Sephira before moving closer to the fire.
Dae and Dargon laughed.
After the others had something to eat, they get ready to sleep.
While the others were settling down Skittles and Vera return.
Once Skittles and Vera are settled Dae sat at the centre of the camp keeping watch.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/27/2012 17:51:41   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 9

As they get ready to continue towards the tower, they notice that the Skyguard ship they had seen the day before is now docked there.
“That was not there when I went to sleep,” commented Skittles.
“Well, what do people think, go past the tower or do we head for it?” asked Sephira.
“Well, I think stoping at the tower would be useful, we might even get more information about the Heart Stone there,” replied Dae.
“Agreed,” said Dargon.
“Hopefully we get to go on this one,” said Dusk sounding excited.
“Well it seems we head for that tower,” said Vera.

They make their way towards the tower, stoping only for brief rests.
They reach the tower just before nightfall.
“Hail travellers,” said the guard at the door, “what is your purpose?”
“We come seeking shelter for the night, and hopefully some information,” said Dargon.
“My apologies young paladin, I did not see you, you and your friends may enter,” said the guard.
“Thank you,”
The guard turned and tapped the door three times with his spear. The doors creak and groan as they open. Once the doors are open enough the small party go inside.
All except Dargon gap in wonder at the sight of the hall just inside the tower. The walls are lined with either doors and stairways, and Statues of Paladins. The pillars lining the hall appear to be made from white marble, the rest are a white stone. The white and gold throughout the hall are almost blinding because of the torches lining the walls.
“Dargon where have you been?” came a voice from further up the hall.
An older looking man approaches them, wearing the same armour as Dargon, and holding a helm under his arm.
“Master Lexxon. I’m sorry. I’ve been travelling with my friends. I met them a short while after getting separated from the group,” explained Dargon.
“Alright, Dargon come with me,” Lexxon said, then turned to the paladin next to him, “take the others to the mess hall.”
“Yes sir,” the paladin said saluting, “please follow me.”
They followed the paladin through the tower, until they came to a huge hall, filled with tables. The strange thing about the hall was that not only were the Lightguard warriors and paladins, there were Skyguards.
“Can you take us to the Skyguard in charge of the docked ship?” Sephira asked.
“Of course, I was going to already. He said if you come here to bring you to him.” He replied.
“Is it Commander Dragon?” Dusk asked as they walked past tables.
“No. Commander Dragon is posted at Battleon. Commander Ne Gok Sa is the Skyguard Commander here.”
After a few minutes they reached a table with just Skyguards, and the Skyguard furthest from then had a uniform similar to Commander Dragons.
“Commander Ne Go, the Vampire Princesses are here,” said the paladin moving aside.
“Thank you young paladin,” Commander Ne Go said saluting slightly, “Miladies, Commander Dragon said you were headed this way.”
“Yes, we seek the Heart Stone,” said Vera.
“Unfortunately I myself no nothing of it, but there is a Paladin Veteran who does, I’ll get a message to him letting him know you’re here,” Said Commander Ne Go, then turned to another Skyguard, “Will you go get Arton know that the Princesses are here.”
“Right away Commander,” said the Skyguard, who quickly left.
“So why are you here Commander?” asked Dae.
“Because of some new undead,” he replied.
“What kind of undead?” Dusk asked.
“Undead...Sky Pirates,”
“What!?”
“Yes, Undead Sky Pirates, we were chasing a Sky Pirate ship yesterday, and when we boarded we saw that they were undead,” explained Commander Ne Go, “so once we defeated them we docked here to see what the paladins could tell us, unfortunately we have learned little. Only that they are not the only unusual undead nowadays.”
“Yes the werewolves and vampires,” Said Skittles, “what is going on?”
“That is the question that many are trying to figure out,” Commander Ne Go said sadly.
“So these two ladies must be the princesses looking for the Heart Stone,” came a voice from behind.
They turned around and saw a paladin with greying hair and a large battleaxe.
“Yes Sir,” said Sephira.
“Please come with me, what I have to say is for your ears only,” Arton said.
Sephira and Skittles looked at the others, who looked back with equal uncertainty.
“Go, he is quite trustworthy,” said Dargon coming up beside Arton, “next to Artix he is one of the most well known Paladins.”
“Well if you say so Dargon,” Sephira said cautiously.
“I’ll go, but the only paladin I trust right now is you Dargon,” said Skittles unhappily.
Arton turned and with Sephira and Skittles following, they walked through the keep. They passed a pair of guards then they arrive at an empty study. Standing next to the door, Arton bows. Sephira and Skittles walk in, and Arton followed, keeping the door.
“Do either of you know what to do to get the shard?” Arton asked.
“Only what I’ve deciphered from this,” said Sephira showing Arton the scroll that Warlic had given her.
“Well it doesn’t tell much. Only that the Heart Stone shard only works on some related by blood to the person who retrieved it, and how to get there,” explained Arton, “what it doesn’t say is that you need to place a piece of parchment in the pool just in front of it, written on the scroll is the name of the person in need of healing and how they are related to the person seeking the shard.”
Arton turned and got a small piece of parchment from the desk.
“Now which one of you will be the one to get the shard?” Arton asked turning around.
“Uh, we never really decided,” replied Skittles.
“What will happen when the parchment is placed in the water?” asked Sephira.
“The Heart Stone will glow red, which means it will allow you to take a shard, grab the shard that glows the darkest, for that one will make the potion more potent and work faster,” answered Arton, “the Heart Stone is made up heaps of smaller stones, so remember only grab the one that glows the darkest red, and you will need something to put it in, it will only work if it remains in one piece until it is placed into the potion.”
“Warlic, the Mage in Battleon gave us this box,” Skittles said bringing out the plain box.
“Yes that will do nicely, now how long has it been since you left to find the heart stone?” Arton enquired.
“Maybe five days, I’m not sure, things have been very confusing and strange,” said Sephira thinking.
“I suggest you leave in the morning. You must get it as quickly as possible, now how will get the shard?”
“I will,” offered Sephira.
“Then write on this Who and how they are related to you, and do not lose it,”
Sephira wrote as neatly as she could ‘Queen Safiria, Aunt’ on the parchment.
“Good, now you two must eat and get some sleep, in the morning, I’ll get Commander Ne Go to let you on his ship so I can point you in the right direction from a bird’s eye view.”
Sephira and Skittles nodded in agreement. Arton nodded back, and then lead them back to the mess hall.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/27/2012 17:52:48   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 10

Back at the mess hall.
Dae keeps looking back at the main door. Not knowing why he is so worried about Sephira.
“Hey Dae you ok? You seem nervous,” said Dusk.
“I think so. I just have this bad feeling, that’s all,” replied Dae, again looking towards the door.
“Everything will be alright my friend,” Commander Ne Go said trying to comfort Dae.
“Is there a courtyard or something similar here? I need to stretch,” asked Dae.
“Yea, I’ll take you there,” offered Dargon.
“Stretch?” asked Commander Ne Go curiously.
“Come and find and out if you want Commander,” said Dae.
Dae turned around and saw Skittles and Sephira walking towards them. Smiling he walked up to them.
“Want to see my dragon form now Sephira?” Dae asked teasing slightly.
“Oh Yes!” said Sephira excitedly.
“Well, Follow me and I’ll you to the training courtyard,” said Dargon.
Dargon walked past and they followed, Commander Ne Go joining them. He led them through the Tower, until they came to a big door.
He nodded to the guards who then opened the door.
The stepped out into a huge courtyard, separated in sections. Dargon took them to the far back of the courtyard.
Dae went to the centre of the area, and motioned for the others to stay back.
Dae took a deep breath. Huge black wings erupted from his back and covered his whole body. A dark cloud seemed to cover him, and it slowly grew in size.
The nearby paladins paused and got ready to defend the keep.
The cloud stopped growing once it got about five feet about the wall. The cloud then took on the appearance of wings which then spread out revealing a huge Pure Black Dragon.
Dae looked down at a shocked Ne Go.
“This is what I meant by needing to stretch Commander,” Dae said with a toothy grin.
“Dae is a dragon!?” asked Dusk looking slightly scared.
“What’s the matter Dusk scared” mocked Skittles.
Commander Ne Go was about to say something when a faint glow caught his attention, he looked towards it and saw that Sephira’s amulet was now glowing.
“Milady, your amulet...it’s glowing,” He told Sephira.
Sephira looked at it and gasped. It was indeed glowing.
Dae turned around and put his claw down in front of Sephira, which made the amulet glow brighter. Looking uncertain she got onto Dae claw. Dae lifted his claw and moved it so Sephira could climb onto his back. Sephira carefully climbed onto Dae’s back just below the neck.
Once settled, Sephira realised that sitting up on Dae’s back felt strangely comforting and familiar.
Suddenly the amulet let out a blinding light, causing everyone nearby to cover their eyes.
Sephira slowly opened her eyes and saw that her armour had changed. It still had her father’s crest but it now had a scaled look to it.
“I’m a Dragonlord,” she said slowly.
“So it seems,” answered Dae, “but how. Neither of us remember each other.”
“I don’t know, but I hope to one day find out. How about a quick flight Dae?” Sephira asked eagerly.
“Gladly,” Dae said smiling.
Spreading his wings Dae took off and shoots into the sky.
Dae flew towards the nearby mountains. Sephira clung to Dae as best she could. Although feeling slightly scared, Sephira also felt like she had always been doing this.
‘You ok Seph?’ came Dae’s voice in her head.
‘Yea, I’m fine. Just nervous I guess.’
Sephira heard Dae laugh, and couldn’t help but laugh as well. As they fly over the mountains Sephira spotted a huge castle.
‘Dae you see that? What’s it doing all the way up here?’
Dae looked at the castle and snarled.
‘That’s the place where I was held captive. Let’s go back.’
‘Good idea. I think I know where to go tomorrow’
Dae nodded and flew back to the keep.

“I wonder where they went,” said Ne Go.
“Well it seems the guardian was right, she is a Dragonlord,” said Dargon.
“I wonder when I find my dragon. I have an amulet too,” said Skittles sounding disappointed.
“I never would have taken Dae for a dragon,” Dusk said.
A sudden gust of wind caused them to look towards the centre on the courtyard. Standing there was Dae with Sephira still on his back.
Dae bent down so Sephira could climb off.
Skittles quickly ran towards Sephira and wrapped her arms around her.
“What was it like flying?” Skittles asked excitedly.
“It was scary and exhilarating at the same time,” said Sephira gently pushing Skittles back a bit.
“I hope you guys don’t mind, but I would like to stay out here till we leave tomorrow, I’ve spent too much time in human form and need to rest, my magic is mostly spent from being in human form,” explained Dae.
“I’m sure that will be allowed,” said Dargon.
Yawning Dae moved to a corner and curled up, quickly going to sleep.
Smiling they go back inside.

Later in the mess hall, Sephira tells them about what she saw while flying with Dae.
“Well Arton, does that sound right?” Sephira Asked.
“Aye, it does princess. I still think having get a look from the Commanders Sky ship would help, do you mind Commander?” asked Arton.
“It’s not trouble. I’ll take them aboard after the morning meal,” said the Commander.
“We get to go on the Sky Ship?” asked Dusk getting excited.
“Yes we will Dusk, in the morning,” said Vera.
“When this over I’m going to join the Skyguards,” announced Dusk happily.
“I’m sure you’ll make a fine Skyguard,” said Commander Ne Go, “and what about you Sephira, will you follow your father and join the Skyguards?”
“Maybe one day commander, but not just yet,” said Sephira thinking.
“Well we gotta join together Sis, ok? Promise me we will join the Skyguards together.” Insisted Skittles.
Sephira giggled, “It’s a promise sis.”
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/27/2012 17:55:41   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 11

The next morning, on board the S.S Sky Lancer.
The group stand at the side of the Sky Lancer, with Dae still in dragon form curled around a nearby spire, listening as Arton gave directions.
“So you understand how to get to the Heart Stone miladies?” Arton asked.
“Yes, thank you,” said Sephira.
Sephira turned around to talk to Skittles, but couldn’t see her.
“Where’s Skittles?” she asked.
Before anyone could answer there was a small explosion. Sephira looked towards where the explosion had come from and saw Skittles walking towards them.
“Whoops, I think I did that a little too strong,” said Skittles with a smile.
“Skittles what were you doing? I thought you were here listening to Arton?”
“Commander Ne Go let me look at some of their experimental stuff. I was doing really well, until that last thing. But everything else works great,” said Skittles proudly, “want me to show you?”
“Most of the stuff you make I don’t understand sis, you know my skills lie in healing and such,”
“Would you like to see them Commander?” Skittles asked.
“Maybe when you return, sounds like you need to get going,” Commander Ne Go said politely.
Sephira stood there thinking, “Why don’t you bring some things along and work on them while we travel, it should help make this journey easier for you,”
“Do you mind Commander?” Skittles asked eagerly.
“Not at all,” he replied, calling for a Skyguard, “take to the R&D people down below, and let them know that Princess Skittles is allowed to take a few things.”
The young Skyguard saluted then with Skittles following, went below deck.
‘Dae better get ready to go. You going to stay in dragon form or go human?’
‘I think I’ll take on a smaller dragon form, it’s not good for to stay too long in human form.’
‘Alright, meet you at the gate?’
‘See you there,’
“Thank you for all your help, we really must get going. If we are lucky we will get there late this afternoon,” said Sephira.
“It was my pleasure,” said Arton, and then turned to Dargon “will you stay here or go with them?”
“I’ll go with them. Warlic seemed to imply that I’m meant to go with them,” answered Dargon.
“Same here, I’ve come this far, might as well see it to the end,” agreed Dusk.
“Once you get the stone where will you be heading next?” Commander Ne Go asked.
“To Swordhaven, to get Alina the Potions Mistress to make the potion,” answered Sephira.
“Mother said that she was the best person to go to,” added Skittles coming up beside Sephira.
“I’ll send word to Commander Eonaleth in Swordhaven to let Alina know that you are on your way,” Commander Ne Go said.
“Thank you both again for all your help,” said Vera, then turned to Sephira and Skittles, “we best be off, we can’t waste any time.”
Thanking them again the group follow Dargon to the rear gate.
“Farewell and good luck young travellers,” said Arton as they walked down the road.

A few hours later, as they walk along a hidden path.
“So how far from the cave do you think we are? Asked Dusk.
“I would say about an hour at most,” replied Sephira thinking.
“Arton said, that only me and Sephira are allowed to enter and that we will be tested, any idea what he meant sis?” asked Skittles sounding worried.
“I have no idea. But we can’t let that stop us.”
Skittles nodded in agreement, “I hope I get a chance to try my new inventions. I’d hate to have them and be able to test them.”
“Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll have plenty of chances,” said Dae, who’s current dragon form was about the size of a horse.
“Hey Skittles, what have you made?” Dusk asked cautiously.
“Hm, let’s see. I have...” and Skittles started talking about what she now had and what she had worked on while on the S.S Sky Lancer.
Sephira smiled and just listened to Skittles talk, knowing that she only understood some of what her sister talked about.
Sephira and the others stopped. Directly in front of this is a huge cave.
Unfortunately the cave is surrounded by the undead, they had been encountering. Trying to fight the undead was a lone paladin wearing a helm and wielding a huge gold axe.
They walked up to the helmed paladin, who turned around.
“Greetings young travellers,” said the paladin.
“Can you help us? We need to get to that cave,” said Vera.
The paladin turned to look at the cave then looked back at them, “I’ve been fighting here for a while because this is where they seem to be gathering, but my efforts seem to be useless so far,”
“Well I guess extra hands wouldn’t hurt,” said Dargon.
“Indeed young paladin,” he agreed, and then turned to Dusk, “do you have any kind of weapon?”
“Well um...no sir,” said Dusk slowly.
The paladin turned to his left and headed towards a small plie of weapons. He picked up a sword tested it then walked over to Dusk and handed it to him.
Dusk swung the sword a little bit. He looked at the others and smiled.
Sephira walked up to the pile of weapons and looked through them. She found a matching pair of daggers and walked back to Dusk and handed him the daggers. Dusk took the daggers and passed the sword. Dusk started to use the daggers, making it look like he had always used them.
“Ok I prefer these to the sword,” said Dusk proudly.
“Well let’s start and see what we can do,” said Vera.
They headed towards the undead, and then start attacking. After about two hours of not getting anywhere they fall back.
“This is how it’s been for the past two days. They seem to be blocking this cave,” the helmed paladin said, “and no matter how many I defeat there is always the exact same amount,”
“So how are we going to get to that cave?” Skittles asked.
Sephira looked around, thinking. Spotting Skittles bag, she got an idea.
“Hey Skittles, got anything in your bag that explodes? Oh and you still got any of your holy water bombs?” Sephira asked with a cheeky grin.
Skittles mimicked Sephira’s grin and answered, “I sure do sis, and you want to throw them at the undead right?”
“Yup, that’s exactly what I’m thinking. Throwing the bombs will clear them up, the holy water should keep them back long enough for us to get through, I hope,” explained Sephira.
The helmed paladin raised his axe and holds it behind him and it magically attaches to his back, he then went to the weapon pile and shifted through it.
“Here this should do the same as holy water,” he said walking back hold some decent sized orbs.
“What is it?” asked Dusk.
“It’s Holy Wasabi, it works the same as holy water,” answered Dargon, “Paladins use it quite a bit.”
Dusk looked at Skittles, “Why don’t I like the look on your face?”
“Sephira has never asked me to blow anything up,” replied Skittles with the smile getting bigger.
“Ok so we aim for the ones directly in front?” asked Vera.
“Yea, then we run and attack any nearby,” added Sephira.
Skittles handed out some of her spheres.
“Try and aim for about the middle of that group,” Sephira suggested, “and those with exploding spheres throw first then anyone with the others throw quickly after.”
Skittles threw her sphere, with the others following. There was a smallish explosion, followed by ear piercing shrieks.
Moving quickly the group ran towards the cave, attacking any undead in the way.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/27/2012 17:57:15   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 12

When they reached the mouth of the cave they turned around and saw that the undead did not go past a certain point.
“Interesting, it seems that they cannot come any closer,” said the paladin.
“I wonder why,” said Vera.
“Hopefully it means we won’t have to worry about them while are inside,” commented Skittles.
“Well we better get going sis,” said Sephira, “you guys going to be alright out here?”
“Just be careful Seph,” said Dae.
“Both of you be careful, I wish I was able to come but it seems it just you two who can go in,” said Vera sadly.
“Don’t worry we will be fine, you two just worry about yourselves for now,” said Dargon.
Dusk and the paladin nodded in agreement.
Skittles and Sephira gave small waves and both sighing walked into the cave.

Sephira and Skittles walked though the cave, but it was quickly getting dark even for them. Skittles looked through her bag and pulled out what looked like a small lantern.
“I’ve always wondered, how you fit all that stuff in your little bag,” Sephira said curiously.
Skittles smiled and pushed the top of the lantern, making it light up.
“You are going to have to keep guessing sis, it’s my secret.”
Sephira shook her head and the kept walking. Walking for what seemed to be hours they came across a door. Confused the looked around.
“Did you see any other paths?” asked Skittles.
“No I didn’t,” answered Sephira, confused.
“Ok so now what?”
“Well let’s see if there is anything written on the door,” suggested Sephira.
They walked up to the door and saw that it was engraved, but neither of them understood the writings.
“Ok so now what?” asked Sephira.
Skittles got closer to the door and touched it. She looked closer and with an ‘ah’ started to move the pictures on the door. After a few minutes of moving the pictures they heard a soft click and the door slowly went down.
“It was a puzzle, all that was needed was to get the pictures in the right order,” Skittles said proudly.
“If I was by myself it probably would have taken hours for me to figure it out,” said Sephira, complimenting Skittles.
Smiling Skittles walked through the door, Sephira following.
After another long trek through the cave they came across two paths, and in front of them was a stone tablet. They walked up to the tablet. Once realizing what is on it they sigh.
“Now I wish I had taken up my dad’s offer to learn draconic,” Skittles sighed, looking at her amulet, “hey Sephira, you’re a Dragonlord right? Come and touch it, and let’s see what happens.”
Starting to understand what Skittles was suggesting. Sephira touched the tablet. The amulet flared brightly, temporarily blinding them. When Sephira could see again she realised that she could now understand what was on the tablet. Quietly reading to herself, she stood up.
“That way,” Sephira said, pointing to the left path.
“Are you sure?” Skittles asked.
“Definitely,”
Sephira headed towards the left path, Skittles following close behind. They followed the path, but for how long they couldn’t say. For time seemed to be nonexistent in the cave.
After a while they see someone ahead. They slowly made their way to the person who was sitting in an open area in the cave.
As they got closer Skittles realised who it was.
“Shank is that you?” asked Skittles.
“Skittles? What are you doing here?” Shank asked.
“I’m looking for something, how did you get here?” Skittles asked back.
“I don’t know how I got here. I just woke up here,” Shank explained.
Skittles turned to Sephira, “do you think it would be alright if Shank came with us?” She asked.
“Well, I guess for now, I don’t know how this place works,” said Sephira, confused.
They looked around the open section of the cave, trying to find out where to go next.
Sephira touched her amulet hoping it would be able to help in some way.
The amulet glowed faintly and she heard a voice in her head.
‘Shadow Dragons are masters of shadow and can see past the shadow of illusion. You have bonded with a Shadow Dragon and now you can see past illusions.’
Not fully understanding, Sephira looked around. To the right of the area she was in, Sephira saw what looked like a door but it was covered with some sort of shadow. Sephira walked up to it and put her hand up to the wall. It felt like there was nothing there.
“Hey Skittles, Shank. I think I found our path,” Sephira called.
“Are you sure?” Shank asked.
“It looks like a wall sis,” added Skittles.
Sephira took a deep breath and walked through the wall. Skittles gasped slightly and walked up to the wall. Not sure what to do Skittles put her hands on the wall, and went through suddenly and dropped to the ground at Sephira’s feet.
“You ok sis?” Sephira asked, offering her hand.
“Yeah I’m fine,” Skittles answered, taking Sephira’s hand.
“You two ok?” asked Shank, half through the wall.
“Yea. How did you know it was here sis?” asked Skittles.
“The amulet helped,” said Sephira.
“Well let’s get going, and see where this leads us,” said Shank.
They walked down the path for some time. Each time Sephira looked at Shank, she looked different. The same shadow that was covering the door was also surrounding Shank. The entire time, Shank was also whispering to Skittles, which seemed to have a negative effect on her. Sephira had a strange feeling that something was very wrong with Shank. Skittles had never acted like this in the past, when her and Shank spent time together in Darkovia before Shank decided to travel Lore. As far as Sephira knew, Shank and Skittles were no longer friends, and she could not understand why Skittles was being so friendly to Shank.
“Everything ok you two?” asked Sephira, moving closer.
“Everything is fine,” replied Shank, who no longer looked like Shank.
“Are you ok sis?” asked Skittles, whose eyes were no longer the golden colour but were now pure white.
“Yea, but are you ok? You seem somewhat strange sis,” Sephira said, getting worried.
The Girl who had just moments ago looked like Shank whispered something to Skittles, whose face started looking hostile.
“You’re the one acting strange Seph,” said Skittles.
“What’s wrong Seph? It’s just me. We are all friends’ right?” said the fake Shank.
“You are not Shank. Skittles and Shank haven’t been friends for a long time,” said Sephira, “Let’s go on ahead sis, this person gives me a bad feeling.”
“Leave Shank behind? What’s wrong? Shank’s our friend. We have always been friends,” Skittles said sourly.
The fake Shank whispered to Skittles again.
Skittles and Sephira started to argue. Sephira was shocked at what her sister was saying. Sephira would never turn against her sister, nor turn anyone else against her.
“Skittles, she is not Shank, you have to trust me,” Sephira said.
“Come on Skittles, let’s go. We don’t need her,” said the Fake Shank.
The look in Skittles eyes said she didn’t want to follow, but she couldn’t help but follow.
Sephira closed her eyes and grasped her amulet. The words for a spell entered her mind, not knowing what would happen but trusting the amulet, Sephira shouted out the spell.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/27/2012 18:00:35   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 13

Sephira shouted out the spell, and a ball of magic made from both light and shadow formed and flew towards the fake Shank, who turned just in time to see the ball hit her. The ball hit the fake Shank at such a speed that it knocked her back a few feet.
Skittles shook her head, turned and looked at the girl lying a few feet away.
“Sis what is going on? Where are we? I don’t remember coming down here,” Skittles said confused, “and who is she? And did we really see Shank?”
“I’ll explain later, let’s go. Leave her she’s trouble,” Sephira said.
Not sure what was going on Skittles followed her sister, carefully moving around the knocked out girl.

As they followed the cave path Sephira explained to Skittles what had happened after encountering the Fake Shank.
“So did you find out who she was?” asked Skittles sourly.
“No. I never had the chance to find out. Somehow I feel that we haven’t seen the last of her,” replied Sephira.
“Well I hope I get to see her again. Make her pay for manipulating me,” Skittles said angrily.
Sephira sighed. She didn’t like seeing her sister like this. She had been like this a couple of times.
As they continued down the path, they realised that it was getting brighter. Skittles turned off her little lantern and put it away.
The soon reached a huge cavern, filled with crystals that emitted a soft glow. They walked through the cavern in awe. Scattered throughout the cavern was pools of water.
“I wonder which pool we need to put the parchment into,” said Skittles.
“Well I’d guess it would be the pool in front of the rock shaped like a heart,” said Sephira.
“WELCOME CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT,” came a gentle echoing voice, “WHY HAVE YOU COME HERE?”
“We seek the Heart Stone,” Answered Sephira, slowly moving in a circle.
“FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO YOU SEEK THE HEART STONE?”
“Our Aunt, the Queen of the Vampires is sick and we need the Heart Stone for a potion to cure her,” answered Skittles, looking around.
“INTERESTING. YOU ARE THE SECOND ONES IN SUCH A SHORT TIME TO MAKE THAT REQUEST.”
“Who made this request other than us?” asked Sephira.
“A FEMALE NECROMANCER. WHO WAS PRETENDING TO BE A VAMPIRE.”
“We came across her not too long ago,” said Skittles, “do you know her name?”
There was a pause, as if the one speaking was thinking.
“I GUESS NO HARM CAN COME FROM REVEALING HER NAME,” the voice said eventually, “HER NAME IS ANESKA, AN EXPERT AT DISGUISE.”
Skittles scowled at the name, no doubt making sure to remember it.
“COME TO THE CENTRE OF THE CAVERN AND WE SHALL SEE WHICH OF YOU WILL BE CHOOSEN TO RECIEVE THE HEART STONE.”
Skittles and Sephira looked at each other. The headed for what they thought to be the centre of the cavern.
As they neared what appeared to be the centre they saw what appeared to be a giant made from the crystals surrounding them.
“COME LITTLE ONE AND TOUCH THE CRYSTAL IN FRONT OF ME.”
“But we have already decided on who is going to get the stone,” said Skittles.
“NOW IT IS FOR THE CRYSTAL TO DECIDE. PLEASE TOUCH THE CRYSTAL.”
Not sure what to do, Skittles walked up to the crystal and touched it.

The Crystal showed Skittles an image of a ship, on the side was the name S.S Whitehawk. She was also shown the image of a woman wearing the same uniform as Commanders Dragon and Ne Go. She had a kind face, but had the look of someone who had been through a lot. A name entered Skittles mind ‘Emberwhite.’

Skittles pulled back, not sure what to make of what she had seen.
“THE ONE YOU SAW IS SOMEONE YOU CAN TRUST. SHE WILL PROVE TO BE A VALUBLE ALLY. NOW IT IS YOUR TURN SEPHIRA..”
Skittles backed away and Sephira approached the crystal. Unsure of what would happen she reluctantly touched the crystal.

The crystal showed Sephira an image of a ship, and on board the ship was a group, all wearing various Skyguard uniforms. She recognised Commanders Dragon and Ne Go, she also saw Skittles, herself, next to her was Dae in dragon form and Dusk. There were three that she didn’t know. One wore a dark blue suit and had a feline like look to her. Another two wore a blue long coat with gold trim. The male wore goggles, the female wore a blue hat with gold trim, and both had friendly faces and looked like they had been through a fair bit. There were also many others aboard the ship, but Sephira could not see a name.

Sephira pulled back, confused by the image.
“IT SEEMS THE CRYSTAL HAS DECIDED TO SHOW YOU TWO THE MOST PROBABLE FUTURE.”
“You saw that?” asked Sephira.
“I SAW WHAT BOTH OF YOU SAW. SEPHIRA, YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO HAS TROUBLE WITH MAKING FRIENDS, THE PEOPLE IN YOUR VISION WILL BECOME CLOSE FRIENDS, IF YOU LET THEM.”
Sephira dropped her head a little.
“SKITTLES, YOU MAKE ENIMIES JUST AS EASILY AS YOU MAKE FRIENDS. YOU SHOULD DO LESS FAULT FINDING IN PEOPLE, AND THEN YOU WOULD HAVE LONGER FRIENDSHIPS.”
Skittles folded her arms in disagreement, making Sephira giggle a little.
“SEPHIRA, YOU HAVE BEEN CHOOSEN TO RECIEVE THE HEART STONE SHARD. SKITTLES IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAKE SURE THE STONE IS ADDED TO THE POTION AND GETS TO YOUR AUNT BY THE NEW MOON.”
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/27/2012 18:02:02   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 14

“The New Moon was only four days away when we entered this place,” said Sephira.
“How do you know that?” asked Skittles sourly.
“THE CRYSTAL HAS TOLD ME.”
“How long have we been in here?” Sephira asked.
The giant closed his eyes, thinking.
“YOU HAVE BEEN IN HERE FOR ROUGHLY ONE DAY. NOW ENOUGH TALK, SEPHIRA PLACE THE PAPER INTO THE POOL BEHIND ME. BUT FIRST YOU MUST PRICK YOUR FINGER AND PLACE A SMALL AMOUNT OF YOUR BLOOD ON IT.”
Sephira and Skittles looked at each other. Sephira walked towards the pool. As she knelt down, Sephira noticed that there was a crystal nearby. She gently pricked one of her fingers on the crystal and gently wiped her finger on the parchment. She gently placed it in the pool. The parchment floated briefly then flared and disappeared. The water in the pool turned a light blood red, and slowly darkened. Suddenly a huge crystal behind the pool started to glow. It wasn’t just one colour. The crystal had many different reds all over it.
“We should take the one that’s the darkest, right?” asked Skittles.
“THAT IS CORRECT. NOW SEPHIRA DO YOU SEE THE PART WITH THE DARKEST RED?”
Sephira looked closely at the crystal, trying to find where it was darkest. Not being able to see all of the crystal, Sephira looked for a way to get to it.
While Sephira was trying to get to the Heart Stone, Skittles noticed some small boxes. She went over to them and noticed that they were similar to the one she already had. Skittles grinned, having come up with a plan to help with their task.
Sephira eventually found a way to the crystal. Upon reaching the crystal Sephira spent some time circling it. Finding the darkest part wasn’t easy. Not sure which one to pick, so went to get one, but noticed something out the corner of her eye. She went over to it. It was slightly smaller than the others but definitely darker. She put her hand underneath it and went to pry it out when the stone simply dropped into her hand. Sephira gently picked it up and looked at it. Depending on how she looked depended on how it looked. At one angle it looked like a heart. At another angle it looked like a bat in flight. Gently grasping the stone, Sephira made her way back to her sister.
“So this is out fragment of the Heart Stone?” asked Skittles gently taking it and looking at it.
“So it would seem,” answered Sephira.
“Why didn’t Arton tells us any of this?” Skittles asked the giant, as she gently put the crystal in the box, shut it and placed it in her bag.
“BECAUSE THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS YOU WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO LEARN IN HERE. I ASK THAT SHOULD YOU NEED TO TELL OTHERS, TELL THEM WHAT YOU WERE TOLD BEFORE ENTERING. NOW YOU TWO MUST GET GOING. THERE IS STILL MUCH TO DO. I WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY OUT.”
Skittles and Sephira turned around as the crystals behind them lit up. They look at each other then at the giant who simply pointed at the lit up crystals. They went to follow them, but Sephira turned.
“You know our names but we do not know yours,” said Sephira.
“IF I HAD A NAME IF IT LONG FORGOTTEN.”
“Well you deserve a name,” said Sephira, “I think a good name for would be…Rengar Crystal Guardian.”
“YES, RENGAR. A SUITABLE NAME. THANK YOU.”
Sephira nodded, then with Skittles followed the lit up crystals.
After a bit of walking Sephira turned to Skittles, “Is the box secure?”
“Sure is, why?” asked Skittles.
Smiling, Sephira started running, Skittles following close behind. It didn’t take them long to come to the end of the tunnel.
“Isn’t this where we came in?” asked Skittles slowing down.
“I think it is, come on,” Sephira answered.
As the near the mouth of the cave they look at each other, both feeling that something is wrong. Moving faster, they leave the cave. Looking around they spotted the others.
“Hey!” Skittles Shouted.
They looked around, waved and ran towards Sephira and Skittles.
Sephira looked around then asked, “Where’s the other paladin?”
“There was a necromancer. The undead grew in numbers, but were unable to get to close, we fought. The necromancer took him, and then they just left,” explained Dargon.
“A male necromancer!? We came across a female one in the cave,” said Sephira.
“Well this makes things interesting,” commented Skittles. “There are two necromancers. But we still don’t know what is going on.”
Sephira looked around and saw the helm the paladin had been wearing. She walked over to it and picked it up.
“Unfortunately we can’t worry about him. We have to get to Swordhaven as quickly as we can,” said Sephira handing the helm to Dargon.
“We should be near where Thursday lives,” said Skittles.
“Wait you mean we are heading there!?” asked Dargon, not sounding at all pleased.
“Skittles has a point. If we are lucky we might even find someone to take us to Swordhaven,” said Vera.
“Does anyone know how long we have to get this potion to your aunt?” asked Dusk.
“We were told we have to get to her by the new moon. So we have to get going,” said Sephira.
Skittles pulled the map out of her bag, and with Vera, started to figure out which way they should go.
“We head north. We should be there in at most two hours,” said Skittles finally.
Without another word, the group headed north, moving at a speed that was suitable for Dusk and Dargon but that was not too slow.
After about thirty minutes they stopped. The road was blocked but a group of undead. In front of the undead was Aneska.
“I’m surprised you managed to see through my illusion princess,” sneered Aneska, “now hand over the stone. My master needs it,”
Skittles and Dae hissed at the necromancer then looked at each other.
Sephira drew her sword and stepped forward.
“You guys get going, I’ll keep her busy,” Sephira said.
“No sis, I’m staying with you,”
“There’s no time. You have to go,” Sephira said forcefully.
Skittles glared at her sister then at Aneska.
Without warning Sephira charged at Aneska, who barely managed to dodge.
Taking advantage of the distraction the others quickly move around Aneska’s undead.
Aneska cursed as Sephira continued her attack. Suddenly Sephira shouted out a spell, which destroyed all the undead that were with Aneska.
Cursing again, Aneska used her spell, which Sephira barely managed to dodge.
Sephira stood still, preparing for another spell when she felt something hard and heavy hit her in the back of the head. Everything we black and she collapsed. She felt someone roll her over, and she saw what appeared to be another necromancer. Then she blacked out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
3/27/2012 18:04:40   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 15

Skittles and the others ran. For how long they didn’t now, but they soon saw the outskirts of a town. They slowed down as they reached the first buildings.
“I’m going back,” panted Dae.
“No time Dae,” said Vera.
“But I can’t just leave her. I shouldn’t have left her to fight that monster alone,” Dae said angrily.
“I don’t think she would have let you Dae,” said Dargon, “she didn’t really give us any other choice.”
“Dae, do you know that Necromancer?” Skittles asked.
“Not really. I just know her as one of the people that held me captive,” Dae answered sourly.
They continued through the town in silence, none of them happy with Sephira’s choice. They soon reached what appeared to be the town centre. Standing near a fountain was a girl with black hair.
“THURSDAY!” Shouted Skittles, running towards the girl.
The girl turned around and smiled. Skittles hugged the girl.
“Skittles, about time you got here,” Thursday greeted, “you need any help getting to Swordhaven?”
“Any help you can give will be gladly accepted,” said Skittles.
“Hello Vera, it has been a while,” said Thursday as the others walked up, “where’s Sephira? I was told she was with you.”
“We...got...separated,” said Skittles slowly.
“Oh…Well anyway there’s a Skyguard ship here, the S.S White Hawk. Well, not here right now, they went after some Sky Pirates. But the Captain has offered to take you to Swordhaven should she happen to cross your path,” Thursday explained, “They should be back shortly.”
“What’s the captains’ name?” asked Skittles.
“Captain Emberwhite” answered Thursday, “Anyway. Come with me to my place and you can have something to eat while we wait for Captain Ember to return.”
Not knowing what else to do they went with Thursday to her house. There they had something to eat and rested. They tried to talk, but none of them really felt like talking.
Suddenly there was shouting and explosions outside. They ran outside to see what was going on. Noticing flashes above them, they looked up and saw two sky ships attacking each other. One of them was definitely Skyguard, which meant the other one had to be Sky Pirates.
Gasping they quickly scatter as debris started falling. When the debris had mostly stopped, they looked around. They saw coming up the street the undead they had seen so many times during their journey.
Skittles looked around, trying to find Sephira.
“SEPH!!!” Skittles shouted.
“Skittles, I’m worried about her too. But we have to focus on the task at hand,” said Vera.
Skittles hung her head a little, then looked to her right and drew her sword. The others looked in the same direction. All but Thursday drew their weapons.
“I’m going to see if I can get a hold of Captain Ember,” said Thursday.
Thursday went back inside, and the others stood ready to fight.
“There seems to be something different this time,” said Dusk.
“You’re right, there’s a third undead this time,” said Dargon.
“They must be the undead Sky Pirates we heard about,” added Dae.
Skittles screamed then charged at the undead, sword blazing with magical energies.
Dargon and Dusk looked at each other, “Remind me never to get her mad,”
Dae spread his wings and took flight. Vera then suddenly grew her own wings.
Dargon and Dusk stared in surprise at Vera, “you have wings?” they said together.
“Of course I do, I’m a Vampmoglin,” she replied.
Vera then flapped her wings and hovered at about Dargon’s height. She winked then flew towards the undead. They stared at each other, shrugged then got ready to charge when a beam of light shot past them and hit oncoming undead. Again looking at each in surprise the turned around and saw a small group of paladins, and they were lead by Arton.
“Need some help?” Arton asked with a smile.
They both nodded. Still smiling Arton put a helm on.
“TO BATTLE!” Arton yelled raising his sword, the paladins with him shouting the same thing.
Smiling, they charged with the paladins towards the oncoming undead.
Skittles attacked any undead in her way. Hoping that she would find Sephira fighting them as well. She felt uneasy, not knowing where Sephira was. Sephira had never closed her mind off before. Skittles had always been able to feel Sephira’s even when she didn’t want to. Sephira’s limited telepathy only worked on those she trusted and those related by blood. So it was comforting to feel Sephira’s calm mind, but now it was unnerving not having that.
Skittles, while fighting called out Sephira’s name both verbally and mentally, but getting no answer for either.
“Skittles watch out!” yelled Vera.
But the warning came too late, for Skittles, who was distracted noticed the debris too late.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/27/2012 18:05:49   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 16

Sephira opened her eyes and groaned and tried to move but her whole body screamed with pain.
“Are you ok? Try not to move,” said a familiar voice.
Sephira tried to roll over, her body screaming in pain again. She eventually managed to roll over. Straining she managed to get into a kneeling position. Wincing in pain Sephira looked for the other person.
“You ok? That necromancer put u through a fair bit,” he said.
“You’re the paladin I met at the cave right?” Sephira asked slowly.
He smiled and nodded.
Sephira slowly looked around. She was in smallish stone room, with a single wood door, and a small balcony.
“So where are we?” Sephira asked.
“I think in some sort of castle,” replied the paladin.
Sephira looked around again, hoping to find some way out.
“Ah good to see you are awake Princess,” someone said from above, “I see you have meet your new cell mate, eh Artix?”
Sephira looked towards where the voice came from. Standing on the balcony was a man with long black hair neatly tied back. His skin was a pale white, his eyes a piercing dark blue. He was wearing a dark but fancy suit.
“Genovias? What are you up to this time?” Sephira asked angrily.
Genovias chuckled, “wouldn’t you like to know princess.”
“I don’t know what you are planning Genovias but you will be stopped,” Artix said sternly.
Genovias chuckled again, “The two I have to worry about are right here,”
A male necromancer appears next to Genovias with a small plain box.
“Here it is master. The other sister had it. We got it when she was knocked out by falling debris,” he said with a slight smile.
“Well done Nekros. Now let’s take a look,” Genovias said taking the box.
He placed the box on the edge of the balcony so Sephira could see it. Sephira watched as Genovias opened the box and took a small stone from the box. Snarling he put the stone back and slammed the box lid.
“We have been tricked,” Genovias snarled, “where is the real one!?”
“Forgive me my lord, it truly thought it was,” Nekros said, “but it was the only one we could find.”
“Go get Zerrgon. Then go to Swordhaven, and get the potion when it is made,” ordered Genovias.
Bowing slightly Nekros left quickly.
“See. There is more to my sister than you think,” Sephira said.
“Ah, but that is when you are near dear princess,” Genovias mocked, “have you noticed anything wrong?”
“What are you talking about?” Sephira asked angrily, but quickly realised what he meant. She could not sense her sister’s or her friend’s mind, her mind was empty.
Genovias laughed, “Your telepathy is useless here, which means your sister won’t feel your mind. And from what I’ve been told, your sister isn’t fairing well without you nearby,”
“So what now Genovias? Are we just going to sit here?” asked Artix.
“Oh no my dear Artix, I have something far more interesting in mind,” answered Genovias with an unnerving smile, “you see what we have here is a weak and hungry vampire,”
“Half Vampire,” Sephira interrupted.
“You still have vampires blood, and what do vampires need? Blood,” said Genovias, “and you Artix have just that.”
“So she’s half vampire,” said Artix, “that means she is also half human. So then I’m sure she will be strong enough to resist.”
“We shall see,” said Genovias smiling.
Coming up beside the vampire was the Death Knight Sephira had fought with Dargon. The Death Knight had a bow with an arrow notched.
“Ah Zerrgon, perfect timing. Now if you please”
Zerrgon raised the bow and pulled back the string and arrow, aiming it at Artix. Zerrgon released the arrow, which flew through the air at such a speed that Artix was unable to dodge. But all the arrow did was graze Artix’s cheek. Artix put his hand up to his cheek, taking his fingers away he saw that he was bleeding. The wound was small but deep enough to bleed.
“Let’s see how strong she is when the smell blood is nearby,” said Genovias.
Artix looked at Sephira, who was now evidently affected by the fresh blood.
“You have been a thorn in my side for quite some time. Soon you will no longer be a bother,” said Genovias smiling eerily, “come Zerrgon we have work to do.”
Zerrgon chuckled slightly, making Artix hide a shudder. Genovias bowed slightly, turned and left, Zerrgon following and closing a door behind them.
Artix looked at Sephira cautiously, “You’re not going to bite me are you?”
Sephira giggled weakly and pulled out some vials with different coloured liquids.
“Do you know how to play dead paladin?” asked Sephira smiling weakly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/27/2012 18:07:02   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 17

“Get back here,” Skittles yelled waking up from a dream she couldn’t remember.
Skittles looked around, all around her was wood, and she was on a small bed attached firmly to the wall. Skittles heard footsteps approaching and looked towards the noise. A door not far where Skittles is opens and in comes someone wearing a Skyguard uniform.
“Oh good, you’re awake,” Captain Emberwhite said, “how are you feeling?”
“Where am I?” asked Skittles wearily.
“You are aboard the S.S White Hawk, and we will be arriving at Swordhaven very soon,” answered Captain Ember.
“How long have I been asleep?” Skittles asked.
“Only a few hours, luckily you weren’t hurt,” Captain Ember said.
“Did you find Sephira?”
“No, we searched as quickly and as thoroughly as could,” said Captain Ember, “you feel up to going up top? Some fresh air might help.”
Skittles nodded and followed Captain Ember quietly, paying very little attention to the ship as they made their through it. It didn’t take them long to reach the deck. Upon reaching the deck Skittles couldn’t help but stare in awe. The White Hawk was a huge ship. It was obvious that Captain Ember put a lot of work into keeping it orderly and clean.
Skittles slowly walked around the edge of the ship. She stopped at about the middle and looked down. They were flying over a small town just as Skittles looked down.
“Quite a view right Skittles,” said Dargon coming up beside her.
“Yea, too bad Sephira isn’t here,” she said looking a little sad.
Skittles was going to add something when a shadow passed over her. Skittles looked up and saw Dae, who slowly flew down to the deck.
“Ah flying feels so good. I haven’t had much chance to spread my wings,” said Dae happily.
“Dae do you know if Sephira’s ok?” asked Skittles.
Dae looked at Skittles and smiled, “If she wasn’t I wouldn’t be here. Don’t worry, she’s fine, maybe a little weak but fine.”
Smiling Skittles turned to Vera who had just appeared, “how long til we reach Swordhaven?”
“According to what I have been told, only an hour or so till we get there.”
“Captain Ember said that she can’t take back to Darkovia but a Commander Eonaleth will,” explained Dusk walking up beside Dargon.
“Did she say why?” asked Skittles.
“It’s because I’m needed elsewhere, so once you’re safely in Swordhaven I’ll be leaving,” interrupted Captain Ember, “Captain Stratos has given me an important job.”
The ship suddenly rocked violently/
“What’s going on?” Captain Ember yelled.
“It’s more of those Sky Pirates,” replied a Skyguard.
“I thought we got rid of them,” said Captain Ember.
“Aye we did Captain. This is another Ship,” answered the Ensign.
Captain Ember sighed then turned to Skittles’ party, “We are only an hour away from Swordhaven. We will drop you here if you don’t mind.”
“If that is what’s easiest for then it will be fine,” said Vera.
“Uh how are we going to get down there?” asked Dusk.
“How about this way,” said Dae playfully, flying over to Dusk and lifting him slightly.
The others giggled a little and Dae put Dusk back down.
“Alright, prepare ropes for a drop,” Ordered Captain Ember, “and make sure the Sky Pirates remain distracted during the drop.”
Skyguards all around them rushed to do as ordered. They watched as the Skyguards prepped weapons and some got ropes ready.
Captain Ember now stood at the helm, and continued to shout orders. Skittles looked around then at Captain Ember who motioned for them to come. Skittles with the others made their way towards the Captain as quickly as they could.
“You see those spires? That is King Alteon’s castle. It shouldn’t you long to get to Swordhaven,” explained Captain Ember, “Lieutenant Luna, those ropes ready yet?”
“Aye Captain. I was just coming to inform you,” answered Lieutenant Luna doing a quick salute, “come with me quickly.”
They followed Lieutenant Luna as fast as they could. They stopped just before the front of the ship. They looked around and saw ropes tied to the edge.
“So how are we getting down?” asked Dusk.
“You climb down the ropes, and then drop. That’s why it’s called a drop,” explained Lieutenant Luna.
Dusk walked up to the side of the ship, were the ropes hung and looked down. The ship had slowed down somewhat and Dusk could see that the ropes didn’t go all the way down to the ground.
“It’s like that so the ropes won’t get tangled on the trees,” Lieutenant Luna said answering the unsaid question.
“There are only three ropes. Vera maybe you should go on my back,” suggested Skittles.
Nodding in agreement Vera quickly climbs into the hood of Skittles cloak. Once Vera was secure and ready, Skittles got up on the side and climbed down a rope a little bit. Skittles looked the boys mockingly. Dae giggled and flew then hovered just behind Skittles. Dargon and Dusk looked uneasy but followed Skittles and climbed down a rope each.
With all three ready, they climbed down ropes as fast as they could until they were almost there. The Ship suddenly rocked, causing them to almost lose their grips.
Dargon looked to the rear of the ship and gasped, “Ah guys I think the pirates are aiming at us.”
Just as Dargon said that a cannonball flew past them. Making the ropes swing violently. Another cannonball flew past making Dusk lose his grip on the rope and fall. Dae, moving faster than anyone could see, flew after Dusk. Dae managed to catch Dusk just before he fell into the trees.
“Uh thanks Dae,” said a relieved Dusk.
Skittles let go of her rope and gracefully glided down. Gulping Dargon let go of his and tried to make sure he dropped straight.
Skittles reached the trees first, landing gently on a branch jumped down onto the ground. Dae gently placed Dusk on another branch and Dusk climbed down. Dargon’s fall wasn’t so gentle, crashing through several branches and landing hard on the ground.
“I’m ok,” Dargon said groaning.
Skittles and Dusk gently helped him up. Dargon groaned again. Skittles went through her bag and pulled out a small vial which Dargon eyed nervously.
“Don’t be a baby it’s a healing potion,” Skittles scowled.
Taking the potion, Dargon opened it and drank the contents.
“Feeling better,” Skittles mocked.
Dargon nodded. Dae landed next to Dargon and smiled cheekily. Dae then took on human form.
“We better get going,” said Vera climbing down from Skittles hood.
“Uh which way do we go?” asked Dusk turning around.
“That way,” Skittles sighed pointing in the opposite direction to where Dusk was looking.
Dusk giggled nervously and the group started walking in the direction Skittles had pointed.

They quickly found the main road leading to Swordhaven and followed it towards the castle they could see in the distance. The road quickly became busy, with travellers and caravans coming and going. There were knights on horseback along the road making sure that there was no trouble. Some of the knights nodded at them or others passing by.
As they entered the city they heard a soldier call to them.
“Are you wanting us sir?” asked Dargon politely.
“Yes. Come with me please,” said the knight.
“But Sir we need to find Alina the Potions Mistress and fast,” said Vera.
“Come with me please. If all works out alright you can go to The Potions Mistress,” said the knight briskly.
They followed the knight through the town until they reached what looked like the local jail.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/27/2012 18:20:37   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 18

Genovias opened the door to the cell and with Zerrgon entered the room.
Lying in the middle of the room was Artix, blood seeming to seep from a wound in his neck. His armour now had shallow scratches, as did his face. Sitting curled up not too far from Artix was Sephira, who looked up slightly when she heard the door open.
Chuckling Genovias walked towards Artix’s body.
“Well I was right, the bloodlust won,” Genovias said looking towards Sephira, “and now I have done what so many have tried. Put an end to Artix von Krieger.”
He walked towards the still body, a malicious smile on his face. Upon reaching the body, Genovias knelt down to examine the body. Suddenly the eyes opened. Artix sat up quickly and revealing a small silver blade drove it into Genovias’ arm. Snarling in pain he moved back quickly, the blade dropping to the floor. Genovias rushed back through the door, Zerrgon following quickly, the door still slightly open.
Chuckling happily, Artix went and got the knife.
“It worked. I truly thought it wouldn’t,” Artix said walking over to Sephira.
“Skittles and I have done this sort of thing before. It both helped us and annoyed others,” Sephira said with a cheeky grin as she stood up, “we better go.”
Artix put the knife back in its hiding place. Sephira and Artix then went to the door. Opening it slightly, Sephira looked up and down the dimly lit hallway. Seeing no one Sephira went into the hallway and carefully walked down to one end. Artix carefully poked his head out from behind the door, seeing if everything was okay. Seeing Sephira, he quietly walked up to her.
“So where to now Princess?” he asked.
“I have no idea,” Sephira answered looking down the hallway, “any path is as good as another I guess. So we go this way.”
The walk down the hallway in silence, trying not to draw any unwanted attention. They eventually came to a winding stairway. They made their way up the stairs as quietly as possible. At the top was a slightly open door. Opening it a little more, they saw a wide and slightly brighter hallway. They cautiously entered the hallway. The hallway was littered with doors along both sides and stair going both up and down at the other end.
“Well now what?” Artix asked folding his arms.
“Well, let’s see if any of the doors are unlocked, maybe we will find our things,” answered Sephira.
“If they took our things how come you still had all those vials?” Artix asked.
Sephira simply smiled and walked down the hall to the nearest door. Shaking his head, Artix walked up to another door and tried it. After several tries Sephira found an unlocked door. She looked in the room. At first it appeared to be a small storage room. Sephira walked into the room slowly.
“Hey Artix,” Sephira called quietly.
Artix entered the room and looked around.
“Is that your axe?” asked Sephira.
Artix looked at the far left wall and saw what appeared to be a golden axe hanging on the wall. He walked over to and went to touch it but quickly pulled his hand back.
“No it’s not my axe. It’s been made to look like it but it is not,” he answered.
After a quick search of the room and finding nothing, Artix went to lean against an empty space on the wall near the axe. Instead of leaning against the wall he fell through it. Sephira giggled quietly. All she could see was Artix’s armoured feet sticking out of the wall.
“I think I found another room,” said Artix groaning slightly.
Sephira walked over to the wall and gently kicked Artix’s foot.
“Well if you move I can come and have a look too,” Sephira said mocking slightly.
Once she could not see the feet, Sephira walked through the wall into a hidden room. Directly in front of her stood Artix, eyeing another golden axe. Sephira looked around and saw her sword. Walking over to her sword, she noticed another section of the room. Picking up her sword and tying to her back, she went over to the other section. Lying chained to a wall was a small black dragon. The dragon looked at her with dark golden eyes and cried weakly.
“You poor thing,” said Sephira carefully walking over to the dragon.
Hearing Sephira say something, Artix grabbed the axe and placed it on his back then went to where he had heard Sephira. Going round the corner, he saw Sephira trying to unchain a small dragon.
“Are you sure it’s wise to bring the dragon with us?” He asked cautiously.
Once she had managed to unchain the dragon, Sephira carefully picked him up, then standing and turning around, she glared angrily at Artix, managed to send chills through him.
“Ok, the dragon comes,” said Artix, trying not to sound unnerved.
“I’m sure this is Skittles dragon. We have to get him to her as quickly as we can,” Sephira said frowning slightly.
Artix looked at the small dragon, which simply lay in Sephira’s arms looking incredibly sick.
They took another quick look around the room, taking anything that belonged to either of them or anything they thought would be useful. Once they were finished they headed back out into the hall and quietly made their way down, occasionally testing a door. When they reached the stairs, they decided to go up again. At the top of the stairs was what appeared to be a large hallway next to a huge room, separating the hall and room were many large columns.
They carefully made their way to the nearest column. Peering carefully around the corner they see the two necromancers. Tied up in front of them was an armoured vampire.
“You won’t get anything from me necromancers. Nor will I serve you or your traitor of a master,” said the vampire angrily.
“We will see about that,” Nekros sneered.
Nekros held up a large black crystal that glowed eerily. Nekros said something in a language that hurt Sephira’s ears. There was a sudden flash of dark light, causing both Sephira and Artix to look away. When the look back the vampire is slowly being covered in some sort of black mist. The vampire tried to free himself but the bindings were too strong for him. The vampire let a gargled cry as the mist finally covered him completely. As the mist started to disappear a gleaming pale skull could be seen.
“What are your orders?” asked the once rebellious vampire
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
3/27/2012 18:21:49   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 19

“What’s going on here?” yelled Skittles from behind a cell door, “we don’t have time for this.”
“What have we done that gives you reason to put us in here?” asked Dargon politely.
“We were told by a young woman and her brother that a group of people had stolen something from them. Your group matches the description given to us by those two,” answered the knight.
“But we need to find the potions mistress and fast. We don’t have time waste,” said Vera quickly.
“You will stay here until it is all sorted out,” said the knight.
Dusk banged his head against a wall, feeling frustrated. The others sighed and went to find somewhere to sit in the small cell. Skittles groaned and rested her head against the cell bars.
While they sat and waited, Dusk repeatedly banged his against the wall.
Groaning Skittles turned to Dusk, “Dusk will you stop that.”
“Why?” Dusk asked continuing banging his head.
“Because I said to,” Snapped Skittles.
“Why” said Dusk still banging his head.
“Because it’s getting annoying,” Skittles snapped again.
Groaning Skittles slowly fell to the floor, using the bars for support.
“Why,” said Dusk stopping and looking towards Skittles, “are you ok?”
“No she isn’t,” answered Vera, “to be blunt, she needs blood. Unfortunately she is out of the potion used to substitute blood.”
Dusk went up to the bars, “hey, my friend needs help. Is anyone there?”
A young knight came round the corner and stopped in front of the cell.
“What’s going on?” he asked slowly.
“We must see Alina,” answered Vera, “she would be the only one here who would know how to make the potion that will help her.”
“The captain hasn’t said if you can go yet,” the knight said, stuttering slightly.
“What’s going on?” asked another knight.
“They said that one of them needs medicine,” answered the young knight.
Before anyone could say anything, a soft feminine voice could be heard getting closer.
“Release them please Captain. They will be coming with us.”
Stopping in front of the cell were two women. One wore a dark blue suit with what looked like gold plated gloves, and a long dark blue cape. Her head resembled that of a female white lion, her eyes a feline yellow. The other had long purple hair, her eyes were dark blue. She wore a long sleeved purple blouse and a maroon skirt that went to just below her knees.
“They will be coming with us,” said the Skyguard with a commanding tone.
“Excuse me Commander but by whose authority?” asked the Captain.
“Mine. I have already talked to your commanding officer. Release them, they will be coming with us,” Commander Eonaleth ordered.
The Captain eyed Commander Eonaleth then pulled put a set of keys. The Captain opened the cell door after Dusk and Dae had gently moved Skittles back.
Dae put Skittles arm around his neck to support her. Skittles looked at the Captain and snarled weakly.
Alina smiled and went to help Skittles, but Dargon politely stopped her and helped Dae support Skittles.
Commander Eonaleth watched as they followed Alina.
“Wait. Where’s Sephira? My job is to get both of you home safely,” said the Commander frowning, and followed.
“We got separated back at Doomwood,” answered Vera.
“Safiril asked the Skyguards to make sure both princesses got home,” said the Commander.
“Well Sephira really didn’t give us much choice in the matter,” said Dusk.

They slowly followed Alina through Swordhaven, trying to stay to less busy paths so they could move faster.
“Hold on,” said Dargon suddenly, slowly letting Skittles drop.
Dae, after helping Skittles, walked away a little bit, looking distracted.
Alina looked through a small pouch she had hanging around her waist, and pulled out a small vial, which she gave to Skittles. She swallowed the contents eagerly.
“You ok Dae?” Skittles asked looking towards him.
Dae growled softly then started to shift to his dragon form.
“What’s he doing?” asked Alina just as Dae had finished.
Roaring, Dae spread his wings and flew off.
“Where is he going?” asked Commander Eonaleth.
“To help Sephira,” Skittles eventually answered.
“We better get going,” said Alina, then turning to Skittles, “you feel strong enough to walk by yourself?”
Skittles stood up and nodded.
“You go on ahead. I’ll go get my ship ready. We are going to need to go as soon as that potion is ready,” said the Commander.
Saluting she turned and ran back down the road.
The others followed Alina through Swordhaven. They were able to move faster now that Skittles was somewhat stronger. It didn’t take long to reach where Alina stored and made her potions.
Once inside Alina moved around the large one room building, grabbing different things and placing them on the table in the middle of the room. Once she seemed to be finished gathering things, Alina put a small pot on the table and started placing and mixing things in the pot.
After some time she turned to Skittles, “Now all that is needed is the stone. Place it in the potion please.”
Skittles quickly went through her bag and carefully took out the box with the stone. She opened the box and showed Alina the stone.
“Good, it’s in one piece,” Alina said smiling.
Skittles went to give it to her, but Alina raised her hand stopping her.
“You must put it in or it will not work,” she explained.
“But Sephira removed it,” Skittles said slowly.
“But you are also her niece correct? It will work the same with either you or Sephira.”
Skittles placed the box on the table and carefully took the stone out and placed it the palm of her hand and looked at it. The stone started to glow a dark red. Dusk tried to get a closer look, but pushed Skittles almost making her drop the stone. Skittles glared at Dusk, making him back away looking unnerved.
Alina carefully poured the liquid in the pot into a clear bottle. When Alina had finished, Skittles gently dropped the stone into the bottle. The liquid started out clear, and quickly became a deep dark red. The stone quickly dissolved in the liquid.
“Now it must sit for a little while,” explained Alina, looking at a shelf filled with various potions. She picked up a thin vial and walked over to Skittles, “it’s the same potion that I gave you earlier, just more and slightly stronger. It should help you stay strong until you can get a proper feed.”
Skittles took the vial, and slowly drank half of the red liquid. She then offered it to Vera, who took the vial and drank the rest.
Suddenly there was shouting coming from outside. Dargon and Vera ran outside to see what was going on.
“What’s going on?” Dargon asked someone passing by.
“Undead are approaching Swordhaven,” she answered, “and it’s worrying the Pactagonal Knights and Skyguards.”
Dargon and Vera looked at each other as the woman hurried down the road.
“More undead,” said Dargon as they re-entered the building.
“More!? They seem to follow us,” said Dusk.
Skittles looked at the potion, “is it ready yet?”
“It needs a little longer,” Alina answered frowning slightly.
“I hope not too much longer,” commented Dusk.
Skittles looked towards the door frowning. The sounds of battle could be heard outside. They went outside and saw undead everywhere. They prepared for battle but were stopped by Alina. “Potions ready, we have to get to Commander Eonaleth quickly,”
They followed Alina to where Commander Eonaleth’s ship was docked. Luckily the undead had not reached it yet.
“Welcome to the S.S. White Lion,” said Commander Eonaleth proudly, “now get aboard quickly.”
All but Skittles quickly boarded.
“Thank you for your help,” said Skittles turning towards Alina.
“It was my pleasure and my duty, now go,”
Nodding Skittles ran on to the S.S. White Lion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/27/2012 18:24:26   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 20

Sephira and Artix gasped silently. The skeletal vampire stood up, a skeletal grin on his face.
Suddenly Zerrgon came up beside Nekros and whispered something. Nekros then said something to the vampire, who bowed turned and moved with such speed he seemed to disappear.
Not wanting to see what happened next, they moved back towards the stairs and followed the set going up.
They continued to go up until there was no more stairs to follow. Breathing heavily they rest against the walls of the passageway they were now in.
“So that’s how they make them,” said Sephira.
“So it seems, but also when those undead bite someone, they become the same. It’s how they have so many,” explained Artix.
There was a short silence. Sephira stood still, a thoughtful look on her face.
“That’s why you wore the helmet, so they couldn’t bite you, and why we found it on the ground after you were taken,” said Sephira finally.
“I’ve been fighting them in Doomwood for several months. At first I thought the Doom Knight Sepulchure was behind it. But that was soon proved to be a false assumption. I found out that Genovias was behind it, so I went to that cave to make sure he didn’t get what he was after,” explained Artix.
“He’s been planning this for a long time,” Sephira said slowly.
Artix nodded solemnly, “but for how long I now not.”
Sephira sighed and looked at the little dragon, who stared back at her and make a weak squeaking noise. Sephira gave the dragon a gentle pat and the dragon made a soft purring like noise.
“We better get going, I have a feeling that the vampire might have been sent to get us,” Sephira said.
Artix nodded slowly, and they walked down the hall. As they walked right side of the hall started to be filled with windows that were as big as the wall. Artix stopped and looked out a window. Outside was a huge grey mountain.
“So any idea where we are?” he asked.
Sephira looked out the window closest to her, “Yea. We are still in Doomwood. Dae and I flew near here during our first flight together. This place is surrounded by mountains. Getting away from here won’t be easy.”
“Do you remember seeing a way to get here, like a path?”
“No. The best way is to fly. I wish Dae was here,” Sephira said slowly, holding the amulet tightly.
‘I’m coming Sephira,’ came Dae’s voice in her head.
“Dae?” Sephira whispered, closing her eyes.
Sephira suddenly got an image of a walled city, a huge castle towering over it. She saw Skittles, looking worn out, and the others, in a large room filled with bottles and herbs.
Sephira opened her eyes and looked at the amulet.
“Are you ok?” Artix asked.
“Yes I’m fine. I think I briefly connected to my sister’s mind.”
“Didn’t Genovias say that your telepathy didn’t work here?”
“Yes he did. I don’t know how, but I did,” Sephira said still holding the amulet.
‘The amulet can amplify your own natural abilities, but the power is weakened here, you must leave and do so quickly’
The little dragon in Sephira’s arm made a small squeaking noise. Sephira smiled.
“We must get going. I feel that we have little time to get you home,” Artix said, with a hint of urgency in his voice.
Sephira went to follow Artix. Suddenly feeling weak she started to fall. Artix turned, and moving quickly grabbed the dragon and helped Sephira get into a kneeling position.
“Are you ok?” asked Artix sounding a little worried.
“I used too much potion for our little play. I need to....”
“I said you shouldn’t have used so much for my part,”
“If I had used less it wouldn’t have seemed authentic,” explained Sephira.
With the paladins help, Sephira managed to stand. Sephira’s head quickly jerked up.
“We have company. We have move and fast,” Sephira quickly.
“There’s another hallway just ahead, you think you can move fast enough?”
“I have no other choice, let’s go.”
Artix and Sephira ran towards the hall. They stopped briefly in front of it then ran down it. They quickly came across a maze of doors, halls and stairs.
They moved through the castle for some time, not knowing what time of day it was.
They finally managed to get to the outside of the castle. They were what appeared to be a courtyard. The courtyard was filled with ranks of undead.
“This looks bad,” Artix said with a frown.
“I wonder what he has planned. We really got to get back to Darkovia,” Sephira added.
Sephira looked around the area trying to find an exit. Opposite where they stood was what appeared to be a gap in the wall. Sephira tapped Artix on the shoulder and pointed towards the gap.
They carefully made their way along the path above the courtyard. As they neared the gap, Sephira heard a slight growl. She turned around and saw the skeletal vampire that she had seen with Nekros.
Sephira ducked down behind a small wall and pulled Artix down.
“What was that for?” he asked.
“It’s that vampire,” Sephira whispered.
Artix carefully looked over the wall and saw the vampire.
“Ok, you have any suggestions? If we move he will see us,”
Sephira looked at the small dragon which Artix was still holding. The dragon cooed softly. Sephira smiled then suddenly got up and ran, leaving Artix dumbfounded for a few seconds, and then he followed. Sephira glanced towards the vampire. Luckily he was looking in the opposite direction.
They quickly reached the gap and saw that it was an exit to a narrow bridge that lead to the mountain side. Artix and Sephira looked down. Taking a deep breath Artix started to walk along the bridge. Sephira went to follow and saw a rack of spears and decided to grab one.
Just as Sephira started to walk along the bridge, she heard an angry growl. She turned slightly and her eyes meet the vampires. Sephira quickly turned around and ran to the other end of the bridge. Just as she reached the other end she turned and saw the vampire at the opposite end, an evil look on the gleaming skull. Sephira quickly plunges the tip of the spear into the stones of the bridge. The vampire cocked his slightly then opening his mouth and snarled, then started along the bridge.
When it neared the centre, Sephira started to cast a spell. Realising what Sephira had planned, the vampire picked up his pace. Sephira finished just as the vampire was about to reach her. She twisted the spear sharply, causing cracks to quickly move along the bridge. Sephira pulled out the spear and raised it up and again plunged it in to the bridge, just as the vampire reached her, causing the bridge to collapse. The vampire looked down as the bridge collapsed underneath it. It tried to grab Sephira, when suddenly a small dagger hit in the centre of the head. The vampire released its grip on Sephira and fell down the gap between them and castle along with the pieces of the bridge.
Sephira dropped the spear and turned towards Artix, who had a big smile on his face.
“Well that’s one less undead to worry about.”
Sephira smiled and shook her head. She walked over to where Artix stood and saw that they were on the edge of a small ledge.
“Ok, so now what?” Artix asked.
“We jump, that’s what,”
“What!? Are you serious? That’s a big drop, there’s no way we can survive that,” said Artix walking over to the edge.
The dragon in Artix’s arms looked down and cooed happily. Artix looked at the dragon and frowned.
Artix raised his head and turned around slightly, just in time to see Sephira behind with a cheeky smile. Before he could protest Sephira pushed him hard and he dropped quickly. Smiling Sephira jumped.
Sephira quickly caught up with Artix, who was holding the small dragon tightly.
“You might want to change how you’re falling. Try to land on your feet,” Sephira said cheekily, her feet pointing down.
“What?”
Gulping Artix closed his eyes and turned so that when he landed, he would land on his feet.
When Artix felt something solid under his feet, he slowly opened his, and saw black scales under his feet. He turned and saw Sephira smiling at him.
“What….happened?” he asked slowly.
“Dae caught us,” Sephira answered and Dae roared.
“I’m on a dragon?” Artix asked cautiously.
Sephira smiled, turned and sat down so that her feet hung just ahead of the wing joints. Artix carefully turned and slowly walked over to where Sephira sat, and sat just behind her.
“So you both settled? We need to get to Darkovia,” Dae said sounding impatient.
“Let’s get going Dae,” Sephira said.
“Shouldn’t we head for Swordhaven?” asked Artix.
“By now they would be on their way back to Darkovia. If we are lucky we will meet up with them on the way,” answered Dae.
With a loud roar, Dae flew away from the mountain and the castle.

As they flew away from the castle and towards Darkovia, there arose from the castle a huge skeletal dragon, a figure in pure black armour on its back. They took flight and followed them at a distance.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/27/2012 18:25:59   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 21

Skittles sat on a small set of stairs, and looked over the S.S White Lion. Vera sat next to her, looking like she was asleep. Dusk stood nearby, looking over the edge of the ship, watching the scenery as they flew. Dargon was a little further along, talking to some of the Skyguards.
Skittles sighed, got up and walked up to edge of the ship and looked towards where the sun should be. The sky was filled with oranges, reds and yellows, indicating that the sun was indeed setting.
Sighing again, Skittles looked around for Commander Eonaleth. Seeing her nearby, Skittles started to walk over to her, when she heard a loud thump nearby.
Skittles turned towards the noise and saw the paladin she had seen earlier, holding a small dragon.
Groaning he stood up, “that vampire sure is pushy.”
“Are you ok?” Dusk asked coming up beside Skittles.
“I am a little sore but otherwise I am fine,” Artix answered.
“What is with that dragon you are holding, I could not see it when we first meet,” Skittles asked.
“Oh right,” said Artix quickly, “here, I was told to give this little guy to Skittles.”
Artix carefully placed the dragon on the deck. The dragon looked Artix, cooed then looked at Skittles. The dragon roared quietly then ran as quickly as he could to Skittles. The dragon sat in front of Skittles and stared at her with gleaming yellow eyes and cooed happily. Skittles giggled and picked up the dragon.
“Sephira was right. It would seem this little one is meant to be your dragon partner,” Artix said smiling
“This little dragon is…..my….dragon,” said Skittles slowly.
“Artix, is that you?” asked Commander Eonaleth, walking towards them, “How on Lore did you end up on my Skyship?”
“You were at the cave?” asked Dargon in awe, “it is an honour to meet you.”
“Thank you young paladin,” said Artix, then he paused, “as to how I got here, it was with the help of the dragon Dae. Although I wish Sephira had an easier way to get me aboard.”
“How did she get you aboard?” asked Commander Eonaleth not sounding too happy.
“The same way she got me on Dae. She pushed me,” Artix said slowly.
“She what!?” Dargon gasped.
“She pushed you?” asked Commander Eonaleth slowly, with a hint of anger in her voice.
“Does she have no respect?” asked Dargon sounding slightly angry.
“Well, considering the circumstances, it seemed to be an only option. I was going jump but I guess she didn’t want to wait,” explained Artix.
Skittles giggled.
“You think that’s funny?”
‘Settle down people. At least he’s alright’
“Sephira?”
A loud roar echoed around them. They turned towards the sound. Suddenly, emerging from the clouds, they saw Dae, in his adult dragon form. Sitting on his back was Sephira, who looked towards them and waved.
‘Where did you get to?’ Skittles thought to Sephira, waving.
‘I went to get your dragon.’
“My dragon?” said Skittles looking at the dragon in her arms.
“Hey Skittles does the little guy have a name?” asked Dusk.
“His…name…is…Pen,” Skittles answered slowly.
“Pen?”
“Got a problem with that,” said Skittles, glaring at Dusk.
“Nope, not at all it’s a good name,” Dusk answered quickly.

“Commander! We have a problem”
“What is it?” asked Commander Eonaleth.
“You have to see for yourself commander.”
Commander Eonaleth followed to young Skyguard to the back of the ship. She climbed up a section at the back of the ship so that she could see behind it.
Commander Eonaleth gasped. Flying behind them was a huge skeletal dragon, a figure in pure black armour on the back.
“What’s wrong Eon?” asked Artix sounding worried.
“We have a Dracolich following us,” answered Commander Eonaleth.
“A Dracolich?” asked Dusk.
“An undead dragon,” answered Artix, visibly worried.
‘Let us handle them. You guys continue to Darkovia’
“No way Seph!” Skittles said loudly.
‘It’s the only way to keep it busy while you get home’
Skittles ran to where Commander Eon stood and looked towards the Dracolich. The Dracolich roared. Suddenly, rising out from the clouds under the skeleton, came Dae, biting into the neck.
“Commander, we are in Darkovian skies now, what are your orders?”
“Fly lower, so we can see how close we are to Queen Safiria’s castle.”
The ship started too descended slowly through the clouds.
Skittles giggled as Pen tried to bite the clouds as they moved past them.
Suddenly a huge castle appears, although quite a distance from them, they could still see its magnificence.
“Is that it Skittles?” asked Dusk.
Skittles nodded a smile on her face.
“Alright Vera, are you ready?” Skittles asked looking at her friend.
“Ready if you are,” Vera answered.
Skittles grabbed her cloak and wrapped it around Pen like a sling. Pen looked at Skittles and cooed happily. Skittles went to about the middle of the ship, and climbed onto the side and held on to some rope. Vera climbed up next to Skittles and steadied herself by placing her hand on Skittles armoured leg.
“See you guys down below,” Skittles said turning her head around slightly.
“Commander!” yelled a Skyguard, “you should see this.”
“What is it soldier?” asked Commander Eonaleth getting down, and walked towards the wheel.
“We have spotted huge army of undead. It seems they are headed for that castle. Also, I have a message from the Phereless.”
“What’s the message?”
“A warning about two huge Dragons heading our way,”
“Is one of them the Dracolich?”
“Aye Commander.”
“Then the other dragon must be Dae, with Sephira. Is the Phereless able to join us?”
“Negative Commander. To come to our aid would mean crossing the path of the duelling dragons, and they don’t want to risk getting too close. Once they find a safe way to meet up with us, they will, but until then we are on our own.”
Commander Eonaleth sighed.
“Commander, we have another problem!”
Commander Eonaleth walked to the back of the ship and climbed up again.
“Sky Pirates!”
“We will see you guys below.” Skittles said.
With that being said, Skittles let go of the rope and dropped, Vera following.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/27/2012 18:27:05   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 22

Skittles and Vera flew down towards the heavily wooded area below. When they were close enough, they used the trees to slow their descent, and landed gracefully on the ground. Pausing for only a second, they ran in the direction of the castle. Racing around trees, bushes and rocks until they came across a well worn path. They followed the path until they came across a high wall with an equally tall gate. Not wanting to wait for the gate to open, Skittles and Vera simply climbed the wall and continued towards the castle, startling the human guards.
They went around the huge fountain at the bottom of the stairs leading to the castle.
The huge doors opened and an armoured figure walked a short way down the stairs.
“Princess, welcome home. Follow me quickly.”
Skittles and Vera followed the guard through the castle until they reached a set of double doors, slightly open.
Skittles pushed one of the doors open and saw her mother sitting on the side of a bed, the queen lying still next to her.
“Mother, I’m back and I have the potion,” Skittles said quietly.
Safiril turned and smiled, “Skittles. Come over here and quick.”
Skittles quickly untied Pen and place him on the floor, and then she quickly went through her bag and pulled out the potion. She went over to her mother and gave her the potion.
Safiril gently took the potion, and turned towards her sister.
“Sister, wake up. I have a potion that will cure you.”
Safiria’s eyes opened slightly. Safiril opened the vial and gently placed her hand behind Safiria’s head and lifted her up slightly. Safiril put the top of the vial against Safiria’s lips and gently tilted her head back.
Once the bottle was empty, Safiril gently placed her sister’s head back on the pillow.
Safiril got off the bed and stood next to her daughter and watched her sister.
Safiria’s shallow breathing quickened then for a brief moment stopped. Safiria gasped then sat up and looked at her sister.
“How long was I stricken sister?” she asked.
“About a week sister,” Safiril answered.
“I feel that our home is threatened, sister,” Safiria said sternly.
“You must rest sister,” Safiril said quickly.
“I will rest later, I must protect my home and its people,” Safiria said with a slight scowl on her face.
“But sister, you must rest,” Safiril said nervously.
Safiria looked toward the guard, “bring my armour and quickly.”
The guard bowed, turned and left. Moments later the guard returned with two others. Each holding segments of armour.
Within moments the queen was fully armoured. Her armour was similar in design to the dress she was wearing, a midnight black with a blood red family crest on her chest.
Queen Safiria turned and walked towards the window at the other side of the bed.
Looking out the window Queen Safiria said sternly “prepare the warriors!”

The Vampire army stood in a large clearing not too far from the castle, waiting for the oncoming army of undead. At the front of the army stood Queen Safiria, and her niece Skittles. Standing just behind them was Dusk, Dargon and Artix. The queen turned slightly and glared at the two paladins. Dargon gulped nervously.
As the queen turned to look ahead, the first signs of the undead army could be heard.
The queen raised her head slightly as the first of the undead entered the clearing. Leading the undead were hooded figures on huge black horses. The smaller of the two pulled back the hood, revealing the girl Skittles and Sephira had encountered in the cave, Aneksa.
Skittles growled angrily. Her Aunt looked at her with a dark gleam in her eyes.
“You met that girl before my dear niece?” Queen Safiria asked a dark tone to her voice.
“Yes Aunty and I intend to make her pay for what happened during our encounter,” Skittles answered, with an equally dark tone.
Queen Safiria simply smiled maliciously.
“Vampires, I recommend that you surrender,” called Nekros, his hood still covering his face.
Skittles scoffed.
“We have defended our home for centuries, what makes you think we will surrender to you?” Safiria called back with a dark tone in her voice.
Nekros said something in a language that unnerved and angered the vampires. The undead behind him let out an unearthly roar, sending chills through the humans.
Queen Safiria drew a sword, the handle resembling a bat in flight, bared her fangs and roared, visibly sending chills through Aneska. Skittles smiled at Aneska’s visible uneasiness.
“Do not let them bite you, or you will become one of them,” Artix warned, putting on his helm and drawing his axe.
Nekros shouted out a single word, and the undead roared again then charged towards the vampires.
The vampires braced themselves and within moments the undead reached the foremost warriors.
With a swing of her sword Safiria destroyed the front most undead.
Unhindered by the attack the undead continued their charge.
The sounds of battle echoed throughout the Darkovian forest.
From a branch overlooking the battle, Skittles looked around, trying to find the Necromantess Aneksa.
Some distance away, Skittles saw her aunt, and much to Skittles surprise, fighting alongside her aunt was the paladin Artix. Just beyond where her aunt fought, stood someone appeared to be a vampire, but this vampire made Skittles uneasy and she growled softly.
Still growling softly Skittles kept looking around. She looked in the direction of the castle and saw Dusk fighting alongside Dargon. Scoffing quietly she looked in the other direction. Sitting atop a huge menacing black horse, was Aneska. She appeared to be doing nothing, until she cast a small spell on a nearby vampire.
Growling, Skittles quickly and quietly moved through the tree tops towards Aneska.
Skittles paused in a tree near where Aneksa was. With an ear piercing battle cry, Skittles launched herself towards Aneksa.
Aneska heard someone yell, and turned towards the noise, and saw Skittles.
Aneska went to cast a spell but moved too slow and got knocked off her horse by Skittles. Both of them got up quickly and stared at each other.
The vampires and skeletons fighting nearby looked at them and backed away, giving them more room.
“I’ve been looking forward to fighting you,” Skittles sneered.
“Hmph. You think you can beat me? I am far older than you can imagine little princess,” Aneska mocked.
Skittles glared at Aneska and charged towards her. Aneska barely managed to dodge Skittles attack. Skittles sword barely missed a pendant that hung from the necramantess’ neck.
Aneska glared at Skittles, and pretended not to look concerned about the pendant. Skittles smiled sneakily at Aneska, and attacked again, trying to get at the pendant.
After several minutes of failing to get the pendant, Skittles backed off again.
‘I’ll help’ said a voice that Skittles heard in her mind.
‘Pen?”
Suddenly something small and winged attacked Aneska from behind. Aneska struggled to get her new attacker off. Skittled grinned.
Skittles heard a clink and looked down. At her feet sat the pendant that Aneska had been wearing and she picked it up.
Aneska managed to fling her attacker from her back. Pen rolled on the ground several times before stopping near Skittles. Pen got up turned towards Aneska and growled angrily.
‘Crush it quickly,’ Pen told Skittles, sounding frantic.
‘Crush it?’ Skittles thought back.
Quickly realising what he meant, Skittles look at Aneska, who now looked angry and worried.
Aneska rushed towards Skittles, and went to grab the pendant. Just as
Aneska reached Skittles. Skittles put all her strength into crushing the pendant.
Aneska backed away and shrieked. A faint dark cloud slowly covering her.
“Brother, I have failed,” Aneska whispered and ran into the forest.
Skittles looked at Pen and smiled triumphantly, then looked towards where she thought her aunt would be. Instead of her aunt, Skittles saw the paladin Artix fighting the other necromancer.
Smirking, Skittles looked around for her aunt, and saw her fighting the vampire she saw earlier, and she snarled quietly.
A brief flash caught her attention and she looked towards where the paladin had been fighting. The necromancer was now covered in a faint dark cloud. Skittles looked down and saw the shattered remains of a crystal. She watched as the paladin lowered his axe and with a solemn look on his face, stomp on the remaining shards.
An unearthly shriek echoed around them, causing the vampires to cover their ears. Once it was quiet Skittles looked around and all she saw was the vampire warriors and the necromancer, looking like a skeleton.
“This is not over!” Nekros snarled, and then fled.
There was a loud cheer. A sudden quake silenced those around her. Skittles looked around, and realised that Dargon was nowhere to be seen.
“Brother fell,” Pen said.
“Brother? SEPH!” Skittles said, now remembering her sister
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/27/2012 18:28:16   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 23

Sephira groaned and tried to get up, her whole body screamed in pain. Sephira forced herself into a kneeling position, the pain getting worse. Sephira slowly opened her eyes. All around her trees were snapped in half. Not far ahead of her was the Dracolich, impeded in the ground, fallen trees on the skeletal body.
Groaning Sephira tried to stand, the pain magnifying. Sephira finally managed to stand. She went to walk but almost collapsed, looking down she saw that her left leg was badly injured. Standing straighter Sephira walked as fast as her leg would allow, towards the Dracolich. Lying amongst fallen trees not too far ahead of the Dracolich lay Dae. As Sephira neared the skeletal dragon’s head she saw Zerrgon lying face down, his sword not too far from him. Sephira went to draw her sword but could barely move her right arm. Wincing in pain, Sephira drew her sword with her left hand, which was quite awkward. Sword drawn, Sephira slowly walked towards the death knight. Once close enough Sephira moved the sword, with some difficulty, a short distance from the death knight. Stopping to rest briefly, Sephira looked towards Dae, who moved slightly. Sephira slowly made her way over to Dae. As Sephira neared, one of Dae’s eyes opened slightly. Dae groaned and slowly opened both eyes fully and weakly raised his head.
“You ok Dae?” Sephira asked, gently patting him with her injured arm.
“I am alive,” Dae answered weakly.
The sound rattling metal caused Sephira to turn around. Standing behind her as if nothing had happened was Zerrgon.
“You’re stronger than I thought you would be,” said Zerrgon, rolling a shoulder, “I’m mildly impressed. Our fight will have to wait till later, I have a job to do.”
“You won’t be going anywhere death knight unless you get past me,” Sephira said hiding her pain.
Zerrgon laughed, “You think you can stop me? You, who can barely stand and you are clearly having trouble holding your weapon. It would seem my weapons magic is doing its job.”
Sephira raised her sword, “You think I’m going to let these wounds stop me from fighting you then you’re sorely mistaken.”
Suddenly a beam of light went through Zerrgon making him fall to one knee. Sephira turned slightly and saw Dargon, a long gleaming spear in his right hand.
As Dargon walked towards Sephira, Zerrgon tried to stand. Dargon threw his spear, knocking Zerrgon down.
“Need some help Seph?” Dargon asked, smiling.
“I won’t say no to some help,” Sephira answered.
Dargon’s hand started to glow, and he gently touched Sephira on the shoulder. A warm feeling coursed through Sephira, and most of the pain disappeared.
“Better?”
Sephira nodded and grabbed her sword with her right hand, it felt slightly heavier than normal, but she could still wield it easily enough.
Sephira turned towards Zerrgon and Dargon summoned another spear of light.
“So the young paladin has joined our fight,” Zerrgon said getting up slowly.
Suddenly the Dracolich started to move. It got up and roared. Before it could attack Dae got up and charged towards it, knocking the Dracolich back and knocking down more trees.
Zerrgon turned around slightly so he could watch the dragons for a moment. Taking advantage of the distraction Sephira and Dargon quickly rushed towards Zerrgon. Zerrgon turned, raised his sword, blocked Sephira’s attack and sent a ball of dark energy towards Dargon, knocking him back.
Sephira jumped back, said something in a vampiric tongue. Her sword blazed with magical energy. She swung her sword, and Zerrgon blocked again, but this time her sword seemed to go through Zerrgon’s sword. Zerrgon backed away slightly as his sword crackled with dark energy. Dargon then threw his spear. Zerrgon raised his sword to block. The Spear went through him, pushed him back and appeared have no effect, except for the sword, the dark energies pulsing quicker and a crack in the middle of it.
Sephira and Dargon looked at each other, both having the same idea, the sword was his source of power.
Dargon was about to summon another spear when he noticed something on the ground. He knelt down and picked up a large pendant.
“Hey Seph, the crest on this looks like yours,” Dargon said, looking confused and passed it to Sephira.
Sephira took the pendant, “you’re right it is similar, but the symbol in the back is different. This is a paladin symbol. Mine has a Skyguard symbol. My father’s family are well known paladins. My father was a paladin, before becoming a Skyguard.”
“So is this their family crest?” asked Dargon.
“This is the…old…one. They changed it a few hundred years ago,” Sephira answered slowly.
Zerrgon laughed, sending a chill through them, “so you’ve finally figured it out my darling niece.”
Sephira looked at Zerrgon in disbelief.
“Did he say niece? How is that possible?” Dargon said sounding confused.
“It shouldn’t be possible. I had an uncle called Zerrgon but he died when I was barely ten years old,” Sephira said, finally realising why the name Zerrgon was so familiar.
“Your father and I barely managed to defeat the previous owner of this blade. I was going to take to the council to get it purified but without realising that I had lost a gauntlet, I touched the blade with my bare hand. In doing so, I was infused with darkness and had begun to turn into a Dark Paladin. Your father, believing he had no other choice, managed to imprison me. Until recently when the necromancer and his apprentice came and released me,” Zerrgon explained.
“Yea, most likely with the help of Genovias,” snarled Sephira.
Zerrgon laughed weakly, and began chanting in a language that hurt Sephira’s ears.
Dargon quickly summoned another spear. He looked at Sephira. Hoping to finish the fight before Zerrgon finished his spell, they charged towards him. While still chanting Zerrgon managed to defend all their attacks.
After a few attempts, Sephira and Dargon backed away. Breathing deeply Sephira tried to think of a way to beat her lost uncle.
‘I think he’s close to finishing his spell Seph. Got any ideas?’
‘Only one, one of us attacks him, the other attacks his sword, hopefully that will defeat him. I will go for the sword’
Sephira said something in vampiric and her blade blazed with magic. Readying her blade, Sephira rushed towards Zerrgon. Dargon was standing nearby his spear now glowing brightly.
A dark glow now surrounded Zerrgon the very tips of the magical energy were a deep blood red. As Sephira neared, he raised his sword as if to strike. Mere seconds before Sephira reached Zerrgon, Dargon threw his spear as hard as he could.
Zerrgon lowered his sword so that is crossed over his chest, and was about to swing it out when the spear went through not only the death knight but also his blade. At exact same moment the spear went through, Sephira’s blade pierced both Zerrgon and his blade.
Sephira quickly back up as Zerrgon chanted his final word. He looked around, seeming unsure. Suddenly the aura around Zerrgon changed, and his blade started to crackle with magic energies. The turned a pale white and cracks were slowly forming on the armour and sword. Zerrgon let out a painful moan. Sephira went to take cover but heard a loud roar. She looked up and saw the Dracolich, which now had small clouds of dark magic slowly covering it.
Zerrgon let out a garbled moan and the magic energies within him exploded. Sephira looked towards him in time to see the wave of magic come towards her.
Not having time to move, Sephira got knocked backwards into a nearby tree. Before blacking out, Sephira saw her uncle, who now looked like an ancient statue. She smiled faintly then passed out.
Dae roared and fell to ground, crushing the remains of The Death Knight Zerrgon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
3/27/2012 18:29:21   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 24

Skittles looked at her sister, who was lying still on the bed in front of her, Dae, now in his small dragon form, was lying just as still on her chest.
“Any change yet Skittles?” Vera asked.
“None yet Vera. She doesn’t even look like she’s breathing.” Skittles sighed.
The sound of a door opening caused Skittles and Vera to turn towards the door. Standing in the doorway was Safiril next to her was the local healer and the Potions Mistress Alina.
“Has there been any change child?” the old healer asked gently.
Vera shook her head slowly.
Dusk appeared in the door, looking concerned.
“Do you have any idea what is wrong?” Dusk asked.
Alina turned towards Dusk slightly. “We think it’s some sort of darkness poisoning,”
“What is darkness poisoning?” asked Skittles.
“Element poisoning is when someone gets infused with an element but the body rejects it” explained the healer.
“Is that what has happened to Sephira and Dae?” asked Safiril.
“We believe so,” answered Alina solemnly.
“Can anything be done?” Vera asked.
“Well...we have thought of something but are not fully sure it will work,” the old healer answered slowly.
Alina pulled a bottle out of a pouch she had tied to her side.
“Is that?” asked Skittles surprised.
“More of the potion made at Swordhaven. It made more than I thought it would. I had the feeling that I should keep some. It would seem that it was a wise choice,” Alina explained.
“Will it work?” Safiril asked.
“Like we said earlier we are not fully certain it will work. But there is no other option,” the old healer answered.
Alina opened the bottle. The sound of clanging metal caused her to turn slightly, looking towards the noise. Standing in the doorway next to Dusk was Artix, a small orb floating above his left palm.
“I have a feeling this will help,” Artix said, walking towards Alina.
Artix stopped next to Alina and dropped the orb into the potion. The potion flared then became clear, glowing slightly.
Alina watched the potion for a moment before turning to go give Sephira the potion. Standing in her way was Safiril, a look on her face that would normally send chills through anyone unlucky enough to see it. Alina smiled and passed to potion to Safiril. The look on Safiril’s face softened and she went to Sephira’s bedside. She gently got on the bed and rested Sephira’s head on her lap, so that is was slightly elevated. She gently opened Sephira’s mouth and slowly poured it until it was almost empty. Safiril looked at the bottle then at Dae. Carefully she lifted his head and poured the rest of the potion into his mouth.
Safiril sat there, watching her daughter, hoping that something would happen.
“It may be sometime before she shows any sign of healing,” said the old healer.
Safiril sighed and stroked Sephira’s hair.

Skittles sat on the floor, playing with Pen, occasionally looking towards the bed. Sephira’s condition seemed to have changed only slightly.
Skittles sighed. Pen looked at her sadly and walked up close and nuzzled her neck, making Skittles giggle. Pen cooed happily and cheekily licked her then ran back a little bit, trying to coax Skittles into playing.
Skittles giggled again and crouched. A slight movement on the bed made Skittles stand up. She stood still watching, not sure if she was seeing things.
“Brother wakes!” Pen said excitedly, as Dae stretched slightly.
Dae slowly opened his eyes. His eyes, once a glowing green were now a deep dark red. Dae looked around the room, seemingly confused. He went to get up but slipped and landed on his back, next to Sephira. Skittles quickly went over to Dae and helped him get upright. Pen moaned and Skittles put Pen on the bed.
Pen slowly went over to Dae, “Bad magic changed brother.”
Dae slowly spread out his wings and examined them. Not only did his wings now have a skeletal look to them, but most of his body now looked somewhat skeletal. He looked at his claws, one claw looked more skeletal then the other.
Dae sighed as Pen came up to him and sniffed his claw. Dae looked at his brother, smiled and gently touched Pen’s head.
Pen cooed sadly then looked at Sephira. Pen slowly made his way over to the top of the bed. He gently nudged Sephira on the cheek. Pen looked back towards Skittles and whimpered quietly. Skittles looked at Pen with a small smile and picked him up. Pen nuzzled Skittles neck.
A small moan came from Sephira and she moved slightly.
“Seph, can you hear me?” Skittles asked quietly.
Sephira mumbled, and slowly opened her eyes. Without moving, Sephira looked around the room, like Dae she seemed somewhat confused. She looked at her sister and Skittles held back a gasp.
“What is going on sis?” Sephira asked weakly.
Skittles looked at her sister not sure how to answer the question.
“We have changed,” Dae said making his way towards the top of the bed.
“We have?” Sephira asked, slowly getting into a sitting position.
Skittles frowned. She then went over to a nearby set of drawers, and picked up a small mirror that was lying on top. Skittles slowly walked back to Sephira, and gave her the mirror. Sephira looked at her sister then reluctantly looked into the mirror. Sephira gasped, her eyes were now like Dae’s, a deep dark red. Her face was gaunt, looking slightly skeletal, and paler than normal. Her hair seemed to have a dark tinge to it although it was still silver. Sephira gently touched her face and sighed.
“Where is Dargon? Is he ok?” Sephira asked eventually.
“I am fine Sephira. I got hit by the dark magic but not as much as you did. I woke up a couple of days ago,” Dargon answered, appearing in the doorway.
“You look somewhat different sister, what happened?” Sephira asked her sister.
Skittles touched her face sadly, and told Sephira all she had been through while they were separated.
After Skittles finished, Sephira simply sighed, “well the good thing is we are all alive, right?”
“Right,” Dusk said cheerfully, suddenly appearing next to Dargon.
Sephira smiled.
“So what adventure are we going on next?” Dusk asked excitedly.
“What are you talking about Dusk? What makes you think there is going to be another?” Skittles asked sternly.
Sephira laughed. The others look at each other then laugh as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
3/27/2012 18:30:30   
Sephira
AQW Game Moderator

Chapter 25

A large Skyship sailed above the clouds, the hull made to reflect the sky. The Destroyer was carved on the hull. The crew hurried about, doing their appointed duties. At the back of the ship, near the wheel, stood who appeared to be the captain. He surveyed the ship, occasionally giving orders.
Deep within the ship, locked in the brig was what appeared to be a young woman, she had long silver hair, which was mattered and unkempt. Her clothes were once elegant but were now tattered. She looked up at the two guards just outside her cell. Her gleaming red eyes showing anger. Around her ankles and wrists were chains, magical runes could be seen on them.
Sephira snarled at the guards.
One of the guards banged on the bars, “that’s enough from you,”
“Let her snarl, she can’t do anything. Isn’t that right princess,” the other guard said mockingly at Sephira.
Sephira giggled softly.
“What you laughing at?” asked older Skypirate guard.
“Oh just at the thought of how sweet your blood will taste,” Sephira mocked.
The younger Skypirate looked uneasy, but the older one simply scoffed.
Suddenly the ship shook violently. The guards looked at each other, confused, when the ship shook again.
“What the..?” said the older Skypirate.
“Are we being attacked?” asked the other Skypirate.
The ship shook again and the sounds of battle could be heard above.
The sounds continued for sometime, when another Skypirate suddenly ran past.
“What’s going on?” shouted one of the guards.
The Skypirate stopped and turned, “it’s the Phereless. We don’t know how but the Skyguards found us,”
“What!? That’s not possible,” the older Skypirate answered.
The Skypirate shrugged and continued on his way.
The sounds of battle continued for some time. The two guards stood still, trying to figure out what to do and what was going on. Slowly the sounds of battle grew closer. The two guards drew their swords and Sephira listened carefully from her cell. Voices could be heard getting closer.
Sephira looked up and watched as someone wearing a blue uniform attacked one of the guards. Suddenly someone else appeared, also wearing a blue uniform.
Coming up behind the other two was someone wearing a blue uniform with gold trim and shoulder armour. Covering his eyes were some goggles. He lifted the goggles and looked at Sephira, then looked towards the other two.
They walked over to the one wearing goggles and passed him a set of keys. After trying some the keys, he finally managed to open the cell door. He went over to Sephira and looked at the shackles around her wrists.
“The captain has the means to unlock these,” Sephira told him, sounding weak.
“I will look into it Captain,” said the young woman.
Without another word, she went back the way she came.
“How do we free her Captain?” asked the other young Skyguard.
“The wall, the glyph on the wall is the lock,” Sephira explained slowly.
The captain went over to the wall and looked at the glyph. The runes surrounding it matched the runes on the shackles. Sighing he got up and went back to the young Skyguard.
The ship rocked violently then everything went quiet. Loud cheers could be heard above.
“Sounds like we won Captain,” said the Skyguard.
“Yes it does Junior Lieutenant,” replied the Captain.
The sound of rushing footsteps suddenly neared. They looked towards the sound and they saw the young female Skyguard from earlier.
“We won Captain. The pirates have fled, and we have their ship.”
“What about the key?” the Junior Lieutenant asked.
“All we managed to get was this strange crystal,” she answered, showing a large purple crystal.
The captain took the crystal and examined it.
“Bring it near the glyph. The crystal will do the rest,” Sephira said suddenly.
The captain looked at Sephira for a few minutes then walked over to the glyph. He moved the crystal closer to the glyph, unsure of what to do or what will happen.
The glyph and crystal started to glow. The crystal slowly began to hover above the captains hands and he moved back slightly. The crystal slowly separated into smaller pieces then carefully rearranged. The shards then placed themselves into certain places on the glyph. There was the sound of rattling metal and everyone looked towards Sephira. She looked at her wrists and sighed with relief.
“It worked Captain Stratos, it worked,” the Junior Lieutenant said sounding happy.
“Aye it did,” Captain Stratos said a hint of relief in his voice.
Captain Stratos went over to Sephira and with help from the Junior Lieutenant, got Sephira to her feet and helped her make her way to the Phereless.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> The Heart Stone
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition