Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: War Ideas/Suggestions Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: War Ideas/Suggestions Thread
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/12/2012 14:32:54   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

You go to a war, you do some waves and it unlocks a shop where you can buy a house item for free.* It's just for bragging rights**, nothing more. Though it would give our houses a bit more personalization. It also shows up on the player's character page, so non-Guardians will feel more motivated to fight harder in wars. The current system only motivates Guardians, while demotivating adventurers in my opinion.

Example:
Rusty Frostval Medal
Complete 25 waves to unlock.

Rusty Frostval Cup
Complete 50 waves to unlock.

Rusty Frostval Bowl
Complete 75 waves to unlock.

Copper Frostval Medal
Complete 100 waves to unlock.

Copper Frostval Cup
Complete 150 waves to unlock.

Copper Frostval Bowl
Complete 175 waves to unlock.

Bronze Frostval Medal
Complete 200 waves to unlock.

Bronze Frostval Cup
Complete 250 waves to unlock.

Bronze Frostval Bowl
Complete 300 waves to unlock.

Silver Frostval Medal
Complete 400 waves to unlock.

Silver Frostval Cup
Complete 500 waves to unlock.

Silver Frostval Bowl
Complete 600 waves to unlock.

Golden Frostval Medal
Complete 750 waves to unlock.

Golden Frostval Cup
Complete 1000 waves to unlock.

Golden Frostval Bowl
Complete 1500 waves to unlock.

WARNING: Going into "Mystical Warrior" levels.

Diamond Frostval Medal
Complete 2000 waves to unlock.

Diamond Frostval Cup
Complete 2500 waves to unlock.

Diamond Frostval Bowl
Complete 3000 waves to unlock.

ect.

*You have just spent the last 7 days aiding the defense of Battleon, now pay 1000000 gold to show off your accomplishments.
**Though there won't be much of a hassle with elitist attitude as the persons cannot flaunt their accomplishments into your face, just like you probably won't even know the players of the house you are visiting.

P.S.: Replace "waves" with "war wins" (non-army/guard wins).

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 7/25/2012 17:56:00 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
5/20/2012 22:25:54   
Crabking

i was wondering wen was the lat time we had a clan war in paxia ( i really wanna fight in 1 since ive never been in 1 b4) also about the wars i was wondering if the moderators can giv a boost to xp and gold as an incentive to the players to keep fighting ( also raise the caps a little). also for the boost i only want it applied to the war monsters ( not guardian mission)

The last thing you never see
AQ DF  Post #: 27
5/21/2012 4:56:43   
  Rorshach

The Question
(AdventureQuest)

In terms of an armour for the war suggestion, this is just a piece of my thoughts.

1. An Treasure Chest like the ones in some wars. But this time (if added), will have a treasure chest that is a War-Mour(WarArmour combined - just a pun). In this case, players will be able to equip it in the wars that are available every time. For every war.
2. Out of this armour, there will be an additional "boost" that will give players some kind of boost. As this is temporary, this armour won't be overpowered by bringing forward your previous war kills into the next war, and so on.

Frankly speaking, having a suggestion on war stuff that doesn't alienate those who do not participate is really hard. It's like giving credit to those who didn't do much. Although it can't always be said that everyone MUST participate; where some of us really just can't because of real life stuff.

Unless it's not about the rewarding that we're suggesting on, maybe instead suggesting on how the wars themselves can be improved, would be better off than to suggest on the rewards. Since also in real life, not everyone in the group can understand the problem, but if the problem was made easier, at least everyone would be able to try to solve in it together.

What I suggested in my previous thread still stands.
- Adding a war counter for the individual player; like in DF and MQ.
- Have a better healing option(?), I'm not sure if everyone wishes to be healed at all. Maybe instead of every two battles, make it every battle.

Best Suggestion Yet!
Add a war-weapon/armour that everyone could fight for. Like having some sort of rare treasure chest in the war, and inside this chest is a WarMour that is better than ordinary armours as it gives more damage and better defenses.

However, it is only temporary, and goes away when you leave the war. Also, it is only useful IN the war, and not outside of it. Meaning that it works in the event, and not outside of it. So this gives players a choice if they wish to stay in the war, or to take a break from it.

Since this is NOT a war-end reward, nor is it scaled to the number of battles you fight, this doesn't alienate those who do not participate. Everyone has a fair random chance to attain it.

Of course there is some certain form of "alienation" whereby the more you participate, the higher your chances, but that doesn't mean that you won't have a chance of getting it after/in your first battle.

Outside of wars this armour will disappear OR, the staff can just make it to be untriggered. Meaning, this armour/weapon is war-trigger-based. And if used anywhere other than a war, would be proven very less useful. This would keep it balanced (somehow).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
6/15/2012 18:45:10   
Tha Killa

@DD it's a good suggestion but do waves mean actual war waves or actual monsters because I don't think anyone can get 12000 kills in a war (3000 waves X 4 monsters a wave).
AQ  Post #: 29
6/21/2012 21:29:26   
battlesiege15

^that can't happen because they are different games... and this is the wrong forums :P
AQ AQW  Post #: 30
6/22/2012 14:46:09   
Blue Exorcist

Lifting the caps during wars?
AQ  Post #: 31
6/22/2012 21:21:50   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

A suggestion of mine would be making kills after you have capped gold/exp count anyways,, I mean, why don't they?

I usually dont do wars (except that bizzare flecks one we lost) because they are boring and they give awful exp and gold.. if I go to my farming spot, overcap and all then since i'd have nothing better to do i'd participate in wars.. but the problem is thatg when you're capped you can't..
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 32
6/23/2012 0:08:33   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@Chaos Rated E Not really feasible even though it will really help

@This Is Sparta Main reason is that battles are not saved which is why the kills don't get saved also
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 33
6/23/2012 9:48:17   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

Can't they make that war monsters give out like 1 exp and gold after you cap, wich would make you able to still fight in the war and contribute to it? But sicne you are capped you only get 1 exp. (also note, just for wars)
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 34
6/23/2012 10:13:19   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@This Is Sparta That makes no sense to be honest. When you are capped you get 0 exp and/or gold from all monsters. No exception to that.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 35
6/23/2012 10:28:11   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

I don't think you get my point here.. I usually prefer to cap elsewhere than wars because most of the enemies I meet there are too weak and give bad rewards.

So I go cap somewhere else.

But you know, when you're capped you can't help in wars anymore. So my suggestion would be making war battles save even when you are capped (can they do that or it's impossible?)
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 36
6/23/2012 10:42:04   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

Its more on the side of the impossible. Also I find your reasoning a bit flawed. Why cap elsewhere when you can do it in the war, just saying the war gives bad rewards or weak enemies doesn't help your case since if you want to help in the first place why cap elsewhere?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 37
6/23/2012 12:31:04   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

Well actually you are right. i said that because I thought my caps were still 350k exp , not 2m..

Just nevermind what I said
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 38
6/26/2012 0:20:38   
Aura Knight

It'd be nice to have a minigame wave in the war much like the one in Dragonfable. But, I suspect we'd need bigger sponges for the AQ wars.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 39
7/14/2012 17:38:11   
Moka Mcdowell

this is just a spit-ball, joke idea i heard on a video, but what about Vampire vs Robots war? it might be a fun war.
Post #: 40
7/25/2012 18:00:09   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

I added a small note, turn the "waves" into "war wins" (not done by guards or armies).
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 41
7/29/2012 16:50:31   
purevil390

I don't know if this would be right to add but, I think it would be really neat to be able to battle monsters with a buddy (I attack, you attack). If not maybe even a PVP system. (Buddy system is preferred). I personally thank that could bring back a lot of players that quit, at least my friends would play again.
"At the main menu there would be a button, ["click"] (input player you would like to team with or play with a random player)...EX, gamer45m. Chose a monster lvl (10,20,30...500). use SP to heal other player (or whatever else you use it for). At the end each player gets the normal EXP and GOLD rewords". I wanted to do this because me and my Friends play and love this game but cant play together, and we don't really like AQworlds.

Double post merged. Double posting is against the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules. If you would like to add to your post, please click the Edit button instead.
~TCO

< Message edited by Teh Cataclysmic One -- 7/29/2012 20:59:12 >
Post #: 42
7/31/2012 16:25:25   
xabu1

@purevil

problem with that is that you would be able to take a really high level and pair them with a really low level char and overcap way too much and overlevel way too much

suggestion:

how about players who participate in wars get a discount on the reward based on how much they participated? everyone gets the reward, it makes up for the less gold people earn from the war and doesn't make wars overpowered farmfests

< Message edited by xabu1 -- 7/31/2012 16:26:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
8/6/2012 18:48:23   
Tha Killa

@xabu1 That wouldn't work as people who have more time could get discounted war itmes and those who didn't participate as much wouldn't?

I think this falls into:
quote:

As general rule, try not to suggest something that would alienate the part of the player base that does not war or wars little.
AQ  Post #: 44
8/11/2012 12:04:13   
Rising Darkness

It probably requires a lot of coding for that, but here is my idea. Sadly, it will probably require a lot of code regardless, and it still won't be PvP-esque, but here it is.

You can enter your friend's code into a guest selection, and you gain them as a guest. Beforehand, you'd have to select what equipment you'd use in your guest form, mainly your weapon, but armor and shields for aesthetics. you could input maybe one/two spells, and would only be used when necessary.(not counting healing spells.) DF did this once I think, during a desert quest against a high level boss.
AQ DF  Post #: 45
8/11/2012 12:22:41   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

@Rising Darkness Not entirely possible at all. The game isn't DF so don't even try suggesting a system it has that you already know will be nigh impossible for AQ
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
8/16/2012 13:13:14   
Golden Emperor

Wars end when the next update comes in a week's time if it hasn't finished. If all enemies are defeated reward price=80%. If not reward price=180%.

< Message edited by Golden Emperor -- 8/17/2012 4:27:19 >
AQ  Post #: 47
8/16/2012 20:10:16   
Mystical Warrior
Helpful!

That is an interesting concept. It shouldn't be too hard to implement since the staff only release the items when the war is over. So I guess it won't too much trouble giving the items a discount even if the shop was delayed a little. It benefits both players that participate full time on war and also for players that doesn't war too much. I hope the staff reconsider this as it is an interesting concept which can spark up war participation a little.

Also I think giving penalty via a higher price tag is a bit too extreme and I think it is not necessary since the unintended punishment for a prolonged war is by not getting its reward yet. So I guess that is enough of a punishment. Besides a discount by finishing before the next release can be some form of incentive
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
8/17/2012 3:37:05   
Golden Emperor

@Dwelling Dragonlord

They could use the AQ stats website for the detection feature where the game has to detect the kills a player has before unlocking the said bowl. I know not everyone registers but since it's purely for bragging rights it shouldn't matter too much.

99.999..% chance they won't want to use it, but if they have no other options and this is the only way, why not?

@ Mystical Warrior

Thanks and hope they take it into consideration, edited.

< Message edited by Golden Emperor -- 8/17/2012 4:28:15 >
AQ  Post #: 49
9/28/2012 9:14:39   
First Prime Minister

The war trophies are an interesting concept, I would have less tiers at lower numbers of kills as it seems unnecessary.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: War Ideas/Suggestions Thread
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition