Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 13 of 16«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/3/2014 23:15:41   
kim346

@Astro I'm assuming you can make the storyline still work?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 301
2/5/2014 22:40:11   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@kim346:
Yes, the storyline I have made this incarnation of the original story in a way that would allow for sudden changes in the roster or players completely screwing up my plans by doing the opposite of what I had thought they would do . My main motivator was a sense of fairness that in hindsight has no real base.

Since the majority of the players seem to be in agreement, apps are now reopened. New characters can enter New York once more. I may be able to go back and retrieve the data for the application standards, but it's rather late at my current location and I just wanted to reopen the game as soon as possible.

New characters can either:
A) Have been in New York since the beginning. Mention this in the bio if this is the case. New characters starting this way will have more comprehension of their powers than beginners, and may start with a few inventory items, but will start with only 60% stability.
B) Just have discovered their crystal. Mention this in the bio if this is the case. New characters starting this way will start with the full 100% stability, but will still be growing accustomed to their powers and are unlikely to have anything of interest in their inventory to begin with.

The maximum player limit is still at eight. If eight active players are reached again, then applications will be closed until new spots are open.

Hopefully this will improve the experience of the game for everyone.

Edit: Here's the proper information.

Name: Your name in-game. Can be your "true identity," or you Superhero persona.
Allegiance: Post either villain or hero here. CAN be neutral, but almost everyone will be hostile. If you act out of allegiance (I.E. Villains being nice repeatedly), others may begin to count you as part of the other allegiance.
Inventory: Post this in every post except applications. Here is where you can say what you've found in New York, such as clubs, guns (If you're lucky), and the sort. You cannot start with any weapons/gear (Besides costumes).
Crystal: Post the color of the crystal you touched here, and the size/general shape. This can/will effect you later on.
Power: Post the power you gained here. Note: If there are many powers, or one is too powerful, they may be nerfed. Your physical abilities depend on the size of the crystal, so don't post super-strength here. Powers, such as telekinesis, that include multiple elements are not allowed. However, if your telekinesis is merely mental abilities (Such as lifting and throwing things with your mind), that is allowed. Immortality and the sort is not allowed, nor is anything that makes you 100% invincible. Teleportation/flying will also be limited.
Strength Level: Leave this blank when you post applications. Its base value varies based on the size of your crystal. I will then post what your SL (Strength Level) is. The SL is measured on a scale of 1-10, with 3 being human strength (It IS possible to get weaker), and 10 being "Hulk." For every 25% stability you are away from 100%, raise your SL by 1 (It caps at 10). After applications, post your original base SL in parenthesis before your current SL always, in order to keep things a little tidy. (Example: "Dr. Gregory Hound." SL: (3) <current number>
Stability: This is how stable your powers are currently. Post 100% in applications. The lower your stability, the stronger your powers get, but they also get more chaotic, and consume you (More on this later).
Appearance: Only post this in your application, and your first post. I doubt that I need to explain what you put here. Please don't post more than 1 paragraph.
History: Only post this in your application, and your first post. Post your history before receiving the superpowers. Were you a good samaritan? Petty thief? Average guy? Post it here. Please don't write more than 3 paragraphs.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 2/5/2014 22:49:03 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 302
2/8/2014 14:15:54   
kkutwar

Name: Hal Harrington, "The Silent Earth"
Allegiance: "Trying to simplify a world into black and white will result in flawed ideas and valuable information being ignored" Heroish Neutral
Inventory:
Crystal: Clay gray, and is basically an European warhammer
Power: Terrakinesis (Control of earthen materials such as soil, rocks, etc)
Strength Level:
Stability: 100%
Appearance: Twenty-four years old, brownish skin due to frequent outdoor dwelling, brown hair, dark brown eyes, six foot four.
History: Father went nuts not long before the presence of the Supers became widely obvious, and was caring for his little sister before watching powerlessly as she was taken away shortly after discovering a crystal herself. Hal eventually located one himself, and has since been trying to find & rescue his sister from the S.W.A.T. He doesn't yet realize that stability drops however, and aside from locating his sister he has been helping people. Did not go to the plaza as he acknowledged it was most likely a trap.

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 2/16/2014 22:28:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 303
2/15/2014 13:06:33   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Update 59 is up. kkutwar's character Blazing Eagle and Lord Darkblade's character Infinity are now deceased.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 304
2/15/2014 14:08:07   
kkutwar

I should point out Eagle didn't consider the world a dream, but more of a puppet play. He was a puppet that wanted to wreck the setting, and honestly I kind of imagined he would accept if not outright embrace becoming a Lost. But oh well... So can you tell us more about Eagle's and Infinity's Lost Forms?

Anyways, regarding my new character Hal: Can I do the bio some other time? I'm not sure of the complete thing, but I do have the main points: Protective older brother, doesn't really talk, has a much younger little sister (I would say she's about seven or eight, ten to twelve at the most), was powerless to stop her from being taken away when she discovered a crystal, eventually went in search of a crystal to gain the power to rescue her, and doesn't yet realize stability is a thing and firmly believes his little sister is still alive.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 305
2/15/2014 15:19:19   
Lord Darkblade

Am I allowed to play a new character? This is because I love this game and I want to continue playing it.

If so here is the new app.

Name: Thanatos(No, I don't care that another player had this name. Names can be repeated right?)
Allegiance: Neutral
Inventory:
Crystal: Black, looks like a dagger.
Powers:
- Sleep: He is able to make others fall asleep
- Forever Sleep: He is able to lull those who are near death into the, as he calls it, the forever sleep, causing them to die.
- Life Absorb: He can slowly absorb the life force/stability of a person/super healing his wounds and recovering his stability.
- Soundless Step: His walking makes no sound.
- Ghostly Presence: He is nearly impossible to be found by any form of sensors other than visual sensors.
Strength Level:
Appearance:
Wears a black mortician's suit. Has long blond hair with black highlights and tips tied into a ponytail, has piercing blue eyes.
History:
Found a strange crystal, touched it, gained strange powers. Later became a guy who "haunted" various hospitals causing many patients to finally be put out of their "misery" as he puts it as he firmly believes against practices that simply prolong the inevitable.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 306
2/16/2014 13:46:12   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I think it may be a good idea to mention that a forumite may only have one active character at a time.

@kkutwar:
Sorry if you feel the last update for Blazing Eagle was misfitting. I'll have to try harder this time to understand the essence of every character . You are free to finish the application whenever you see fit, but unfortunately Hal Harrington cannot enter the game until it's finished. As for terrakinesis, could you please specify it more? As in, can he only move small earthern objects, reshape them, et cetera?

@Lord Darkblade:
You're definitely welcome to apply again! And I'm fine with the idea of a repeated name, given that the previous owner is already dead. As for Soundless Step, does this include running and other forms of movement besides walking? And Ghostly Presence mostly means that only cameras or sight can detect him, right?
As for Sleep, how does he lull them into it? Is it a passive presence, or a direct line of thought in which he targets someone or something? How long does it take to take full effect? I have the same questions for Forever Sleep, only I'm also curious if the person is actually dead, or just eternally asleep.
Would the Life Absorb power be along the same lines as the old Thanatos' absorption, or would you like to re-envision it?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 307
2/16/2014 14:04:29   
kkutwar

The application is finished, I just didn't think the bio was all too important and I did provide enough information for one to be suitably constructed later on. Regarding Terrakinesis... He can only use preexisting materials, but should be capable (either with lower stability, over the process of time, etc) to raise earthen material anywhere. I'm only giving him Terrakinesis because I intend to do a lot of crazy stuff with it. Though, I would like some feedback regarding main points for Hal's bio I put in my last post. Additionally, would they take the crystals if possible or do they just ignore them? That, and would Hal's crystal be strong enough for him to attack people with it? Oh, and I would say he's been running around in the background for a while. Actually I kind of wondered if it was okay if Hal found his crystal shortly before the events of New York began and that he went there in hopes of finding his sister.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 308
2/16/2014 15:18:10   
salene

Name: Queen Bee (Bee Lovelace)
Inventory: A crystal vial of dust
Crystal: black and white, in a sort of zebra print pattern the size of a penny. It is the vial, which she wears at all times.
Power:
flight (limited)
The ability to shoot small stingers from her hand, causing paralysis as well as reducing her preys metal awareness. These deal light damage, although with each hit by it, the attack does more damage.
Can sense danger around her, although the closer it, the better she can discern whether she can handle it or not.
Strength Level: 2
Stability: 60%
Appearance: Has short black hair, as well as slightly pointed ears. She wears a black headband, tied in the back with a bow. A golden coin rests in the center of the headband. She wears a black jumpsuit, with a mottled red belt. She has high heeled leather boots, that seem to be extremely durable. She stands at around 6 1/2 feet, and is very skinny. Her look is topped off by a yellow and black cape, that goes down to about her waist.
History: Nothing much is known about her, besides the fact that she has had previous dealings with the S.W.A.T. When asked about this, she chooses not reply. She grew up in a small town in the center of Africa. Her parents were bee keepers, as well as activists. When Bee's father was shot down during a peace march, Bee's mother was forced to move them. Sensing her mother needed help, Bee resorted to less than legal means of acquiring money. One of these trades included the buying of a rare breed of African killer bees. The day after, she disappeared.

< Message edited by salene -- 2/18/2014 4:27:28 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 309
2/16/2014 17:40:38   
Lord Darkblade

quote:

You're definitely welcome to apply again! And I'm fine with the idea of a repeated name, given that the previous owner is already dead. As for Soundless Step, does this include running and other forms of movement besides walking?Yes. And Ghostly Presence mostly means that only cameras or sight can detect him, right? Correct.
As for Sleep, how does he lull them into it? Is it a passive presence, or a direct line of thought in which he targets someone or something?I'm thinking along he wills people to fall asleep. How long does it take to take full effect?1-2 minutes I have the same questions for Forever Sleep, only I'm also curious if the person is actually dead, or just eternally asleep. Dead
Would the Life Absorb power be along the same lines as the old Thanatos' absorption, or would you like to re-envision it?Um, somewhat, just more towards a rapid drain and has to take his full concentration to drain.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 310
2/16/2014 18:21:08   
kkutwar

In my opinion a power that only works on dying people is absurdly limited in uses. Granted the most useful application would be to make a savable dying person asleep so they can't save themselves, but wouldn't it just make more sense to apply Forever Sleep's traits to Sleep? They're basically the same thing anyways. Oh, and now I think about it: What are the new character's SL Astro? By the way, wouldn't SL affect most physical attributes than just strength? For one our bones and muscles would have to become more durable so people with SL higher than three don't cripple themselves just by punching things. I admit I don't know if you already stated about the whole SL thing, but just thought it was important.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 311
2/16/2014 21:32:41   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@kkutwar:
Yes, the Strength Level determines more than just physical strength. Durability is also included with it, but it's measured in terms of how strong they are. I'm going to suggest a SL for each character with as small changes to the main chosen powers as possible. I would still prefer that a bio is written before the application is fully accepted (Even if I do understand more things behind the scenes). As for having been around before New York, the crystals all appeared at around the same time only in that city. They may have been found at different times, though, which could explain someone getting it before another or slightly before the general public had found them.
And yes, the S.W.A.T. do take crystals if they find them.

As for Hal, he most definitely could use his crystal as a weapon. It may be tiresome to carry it around on hot days, but it would help his stability stop from dropping too low, and all the crystals are quite durable. This would be a rather big bonus, and I'd say a SL of 5 would come with a crystal that size. However, it would also mean that his terrakinesis would have to be weakened a bit. Taking away the ability to freely control the earth at low stability would balance him IMO, because I personally view that freedom as being rather powerful.

And I love the idea of someone searching for another. It could provide an interesting idea of actually seeking out the S.W.A.T.

@Lord Darkblade:
Doesn't that mean that Ghostly Presence and Soundless Step are essentially the same thing? It could simplify things to combine them, same with the two sleep powers. If it has to take his full concentration to drain, then I can understand it being more effective. However, I do feel that regaining stability is overpowered. The only means of preventing losing control are Dull-Water and being near your crystal. If that's removed and Soundless Step is less effective the faster he's moving, then I'd lean towards a SL of 3.

Also, is Thanatos just-recently-turned Super-Powered? Or has he been in the background for a while?

@salene:
Just curious, the crystal is the vial, correct? Then what would the dust inside it be? And please specify on the power of flight. With the current power set you've suggested, it would have to be limited.
As for the stingers, would them merely releasing a toxin into the target suffice? One that while not fully paralyzing, can cloud their thoughts and thusly cause them to move more sluggishly? With the damage for each sting increasing for each consecutive hit and them already numbing the target, I feel that Amnesia would be removed. It could also allow for her flight to be a little better.

Currently the size of her crystal would probably suggest a SL of 2. And, would you mind telling me how long she's been a Super-Powered?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 312
2/16/2014 22:08:36   
salene

She has been superpowered for about 4 years, and thus isn't completely sure of herself and her powers. Her flight is actually more of a hovering, and thus isn't actually extremely useful. Her stingers are in the form of small black barbs, and causes temporary paralysis. The way it works, is it clouds the enemy's mind momentarily, causing them to only focus on breathing and staying awake. This effect is stronger on the weak of mind, or those that are already weak. And yes, with each consecutive hit it gets slightly stronger, although even at max strength it isn't incredibly powerful, as well as this, each hit also strengthens the paralysis. Bee tries to avoid conflict as much as possible. Also, if the person infected by one of her barbs is weak of mind or body, she can sometimes get information out of them. As for the crystal vial, the dust inside is actually nothing of severe importance. It is just a keepsake from her homeland of Africa. And yes, the vial is the gem, and is roughly SL 2. And yes, Amnesia could be removed if you feel that would help. thanks for your time!

-Salene
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 313
2/16/2014 22:12:08   
kkutwar

That got me for a bit too, but actually her crystal is a zebra print penny she keeps on a necklace. No idea what the deal with the crystal vial of dust is, but I think just the vial is crystal. Though I honestly like the idea of a (N)PC running around killing Supers and then crushing their crystals into dust to put into a crystal that is conveniently a vial. Actually sounds like an interesting character: They're killing Supers to prevent the S.W.A.T from stealing their powers after the whole Strength Zapper thing, and destroys the crystals so the S.W.A.T can't use them to create a super army.

So... You're saying Hal's Terrakinesis is stronger the more stability he has? Cause that makes things sound really weird... I guess I can bother with writing a little thing. Though, I would like to know: If she's somehow not dead or a Lost by the time Hal finds her, you're not just going to off her for some bizarre hate of NPCs right? Besides that, shouldn't SL also affect one's speed and jumping power? Cause I find it weird that Super Strength somehow just means "Super hard punches" and even when that means super jumps they always bizarrely don't include enhanced speed.

@Salene: Then why is the vial listed as Inventory with a zebra penny listed as your Crystal?

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 2/16/2014 22:14:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 314
2/16/2014 22:52:33   
Lord Darkblade

Well, the way how I see it the soundless step is that it Thanatos when he moves there's barely any sound, and with the Ghostly Presence he, how do I put this, is not able to detected to be detected Fine I'll remove Soundless Step.

Also the two sleep Powers are similarish but the Forever Sleep is more of just what he calls it, mostly it is that his powers are based around a combination of the Greek gods Hypnos and Thanatos combining the domains of each of them. So here's the updated app:

Name: Thanatos
Inventory:
Crystal: Black, looks like and about the same size as a dagger.
Powers:
- Sleep: He is able to make others fall asleep.
- Forever Sleep: He is able to lull those who are near death into the, as he calls it, the forever sleep, causing them to die.
- Life Absorb: He can slowly absorb the life force/stability of a person/super healing his wounds and recovering his stability.
- Ghostly Presence: His presence causes it where he is undetectable by any means except visual methods such as cameras.
Strength Level:
Appearance:
Wears a black mortician's suit. Has long blond hair with black highlights and tips tied into a ponytail, has piercing blue eyes.
History:
Found a strange crystal, touched it, gained strange powers. Later became a guy who "haunted" various hospitals causing many patients to finally be put out of their "misery" as he puts it as he firmly believes against practices that simply prolong the inevitable. He got his crystal before the general population learned of supers.

< Message edited by Lord Darkblade -- 2/16/2014 23:15:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 315
2/16/2014 23:11:50   
salene

@Kkutwar Ignore that. I have changed it to fit Astrokings idea a little more. sorry for the confusion :D
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 316
2/17/2014 17:58:25   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@kkutwar:
Actually, I meant more of that he just wouldn't become so strong when at low stability. I personally love earthen powers, and with a small amount of imagination they're extremely powerful. He would still be growing stronger as his stability grows weaker just like everyone else, only not to the extent of freely controlling the earth. Moving bigger things with faster speed, or even causing them to explode could be some examples of what he might be able to do.

I will never kill off a character for no good reason. I personally hate it when things like that happen, and though some NPCs may die, I will always have some sort of justification (Even if it may not make too much sense at first). And I totally never thought about jumping abilities/speed for SL. Logically that would happen, but it was an oversight on my part that that the system was designed merely as a determination of one's strength.

@salene:
Just to make absolutely certain, the vial is the crystal that gave you your powers and the pendant is a keepsake of some sort, correct? If your suggestions are the case with her powers and Amnesia's removed and she gets a SL of 2, then I think she would be approved. Just update the application whenever you can, and don't forget that given she's been a Super-Powered for some time now, she'll start off with 60% stability instead of the normal 100%.

@Lord Darkblade:
Just a quick question (More out of curiosity), would thermal imaging be able to detect Thanatos?

But I digress. As the app stands now I'd say a SL of 3 would fit. Given the bio, I'd also assume that he's been around in the background for a while as well? If that's the case, then don't forget to start off with 60% stability instead of the normal 100%.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 317
2/17/2014 18:39:57   
Lord Darkblade

No, thermal imaging isn't able to detect him, it reads as overall the same temperature as the room.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 318
2/17/2014 20:39:44   
kkutwar

Well I put up a "bio" so is there anything left I have to do? Though what exactly do you see Hal ending up doing with his Terrakinesis? Regarding SL, would the speed/jumping/durability thing be ignored or incorporated? I suppose it would work better planning and continuity wise for those elements to be traits reserved for the next upgrade or thread.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 319
2/18/2014 4:28:54   
salene

Updated my post. Now I await for formal approval!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 320
2/18/2014 22:53:44   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@salene:
Approved. You'll have a starting post with the next update (Remind me if I happen to forget).

@Lord Darkblade:
I see. Approved. You'll have a starting post with the next update (Remind me if I happen to forget).

@kkutwar:
I was imagining that he would be able to manipulate earthen materials, such as moving them or even mashing more malleable materials into new forms. He could even force them to pull themselves apart with rapid force (Causing it to explode) or other such things. If that's fine with you, then he's approved.

Also, do you want to design the sister as well (Through a PM if you want it to remain a secret), or would you prefer that I create her powers/such things when the time comes?

Light cannot shine through a closed door.

Orfa orema ofa yma amazinga umorha oga ota:
http://sites.google.com/site/soaringplatypusproductions/
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 321
2/18/2014 23:24:42   
Daimyo Daimyo

For powers, would increased endurance, reflexes, and agility work? Or will I fare poorly without some offensive skill?
MQ  Post #: 322
2/19/2014 1:30:26   
kkutwar

I was figuring more impaling people from below, throwing rocks at people, and lifting large chucks of earth to travel on. Though ultimately I figured you would just decide if something was okay or not when I made a post so fine with me. Though generally, Hals aren't destructive in explodey terms. They're more "Sweep up arm and raise a massive pillar to uppercut them" destructive. Regarding his sister, I wasn't even expecting that. Hmm... I guess I can explain more about his sister in a PM.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 323
2/20/2014 8:11:58   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Daimyo Daimyo:
Any powers are open for discussion.

@kkutwar:
You could still do such things on a lesser scale in the nerfed form. A strategy could be to spread around a good amount of earthen things when fighting someone, giving yourself a great advantage. I love the idea of earthen powers (Honestly they're one of my favorite super-powers), but I don't think it would be wise to allow an unlimited version of them into the game.

Okay, then. Send me the PM whenever you've decided on her powers/whatnot.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 324
2/21/2014 20:05:15   
salene

Hey Astro, I was wondering when update 60 was going to come. I don't mean to rush you or anything, I was merely wondering if we should expect it in a week, two weeks, a month?

Anyway, thanks for your time and have a nice day!

-Salene
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 13 of 16«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition