Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 2 of 16«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/12/2012 17:18:55   
kkutwar

Name: Blazing Eagle
Allegiance: Hero
Crystal: Bistre-colored and the shape/design/appearance of a wind-and-fire wheel being about 15 inches in diameter.
Power: Beastmaster (Commanding critters of the wild), Creation (Creates a living life-form), Animal Empathy (Animals are less aggressive), Limited!Flight
Strength Level: 4
Stability: 100%
Appearance: Some dude wearing a black armored outfit with a hood and metal face-concealing mask... Oh, that, and roughly about eighty-percent Caucasian/twenty-percent African.
History: Dude wouldn't say anything! Mentioned something about "the bio ending up telling a pointless story introducing pointless characters" before kicking me some distance across the street. That man has serious issues... Huh? Oh, he headed off in the direction of the park.

Okay, going on the basis of the 100% stability and what you must already have in mind the Beastmaster probably only works on small things like squirrels and the Animal Empathy doesn't net too much of a bonus currently. I figure he generates small stuff currently. Oh yes, is there a section for listening our inventory? Also, how is the crystal thing assumed for now?

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 4/12/2012 21:52:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/12/2012 17:23:16   
Lord Darkblade

I just want the Deadpool variation where I know that I am in a game. Not the Neo kind.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
4/12/2012 17:26:32   
kkutwar

Well, if you had the ability to break the fourth wall and only break it... It would still be broken and an unfair advantage, as your character actually can use OOC knowledge along with reading the other updates and players actions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
4/12/2012 17:29:39   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Lord Darkblade, what about being aware of playing a game (But no Matrix-stopping-bullets kind of stuff (Since your character is utterly insane)), and being able to teleport short distances (No more than 10 feet). Your strength is average (Normal), so you may want to find some weapons (The S.W.A.T. could come in handy there).

@kkutwar:
Creation seems a little overpowered... Maybe specify the types of things that you can create? We don't need this game to evolve into an Alien Parody that only lacks Sigourney Weaver. As for flight, what about extended degenerating stability while you use it, such as 10%, and slightly less limited powers?
Also, you're lacking the size of your crystal. The crystal size is required before we can begin to decide on the strength of powers.

Good points for inventory, by the way. I'll update the posting format (Not App format) to show Inventory, and Power Level (Which is predetermined).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 29
4/12/2012 17:32:00   
Lord Darkblade

I can deal with that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
4/12/2012 17:39:20   
kkutwar

Well, its supposed to be based on a wind-and-fire wheel. I wanted to make mine somewhat bizarre to test how you plan this out.

Yes, Creation has to be specific. He can't just say "A small flying mammal!" Is he talking about a bat or a freakish winged cat? If the thing gets killed it sort of just dissolves into nothing... Like the monster it is. I figure, since stability says how powerful we are that he would be relatively weak for now. So control a small horde of squirrels, lovable enough that small critters wouldn't attack him, and he could create small simple-minded creatures. Admittedly limited gravitational manipulation functions perfectly for flight... Explain by what you mean by " slightly less limited powers"? I'm totally cool with him for now besides the inventory.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
4/12/2012 18:31:39   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I meant that he could get a little higher at the cost of more stability when flying, but that is your choice between the two, if you're fine with a weak flying ability.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 32
4/12/2012 18:33:45   
random fun 12

Name: Thomas Trenklin
Allegiance: Whichever one suits his needs at a particular time.
Crystal: Semi-Large, Opaque Obsidian, about twice the size your fist and smooth. Carries it in a small case in his bag.
Power: He has two arms -
1) The first is Infected with Demonic Powers, and grants him the ability to utilize it as a claw, a tendril, a WhipFist or a Blade. As Stability Decreases every 25% he is able to control 1 less weapon.
2) The second is Bio Mechanical and can transform to a Gun, can power Charge Electric attacks and ability to control most machinery. If this comes into contact with extreme high frequency Sound Waves, it tends to fail to work.
His abilities are transmitted only via his arms, and any other body parts cannot transmit these abilities.
Appearance: Has a black Hood with specks of Navy Blue. His pants are black jeans which are slightly looser than normal for easier moving. His Infected Arm is bandaged since it is blackened and charred, and he hides it to prevent attention, while his Robotic one is normal but if the skin layer is peeled away, you can see the mechanical infrastructure of it.
History: Has Amnesia and can't remember anything further than the time when he woke up in a scrapyard aged 14. He is now currently 17 years old, and is attempting to recover his memories, no matter the cost. He has grown to become Street-Wise, knowing all the back alleys and tricks and turns of every nook and cranny. However, he's also slightly mentally unstable - he can often attack people for no reason and get himself in needless trouble. Also he doesn't bother to memorize anything that he doesn't think is worth his time, like information such as "The Earth orbits the Sun". Stiff he does bother memorizing is stuff like laws to avoid trouble, and the rules of the Criminal Underworld to fend off gangs and Mafias.

Hope that's not too OP.
DF AQW  Post #: 33
4/12/2012 18:47:28   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Note: Format has been updated. A scale for super-strength and an inventory have been added, but all that you need to worry about at the moment is the strength level.

Infinity (Lord Darkblade), your strength level is 2.

Blazing Eagle (kkutwar), your strength level is 4.

Thomas Trenklin (random fun 12):
I find both powers to be a bit overwhelming. Would you like to choose one (And have it adjusted), or have both nerfed more? And the allegiances may not be welcoming to you, after all, since you need to act accordingly to be able to get help from either side. It might just be better to stay neutral for the moment.

Edit: Feel free to argue with your assigned strength level (Civilly). If you feel underpowered, or overpowered, just let me know and we can work out what your strength level should be.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 4/12/2012 19:02:11 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 34
4/12/2012 19:03:10   
kkutwar

I think it would be a bit logical for our characters to have been carrying stuff around. That, and for some reason I can see "Eagle" using his "crystal" as a melee weapon anyways. Curious... Can these crystals break, or are they unbreakable? If they do break, would it kill powers?

An six percent increase for slightly better flight doesn't seem very useful. Really only figured him using that for dodging and getting up higher/floating/hover/glide/feather fall from using a hulk jump with the occasional flight speed usage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/12/2012 19:07:23   
random fun 12

I'm willing to nerf it down to having only the Blade in the Infected Arm and a Gun and Shield in my Robotic One. Sound about right?
DF AQW  Post #: 36
4/12/2012 19:09:29   
Lord Darkblade

SL 2? If I am average then it should be 3 as that is the strength for a human. Right?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
4/12/2012 19:16:05   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I mean 10% when you use your powers and 4% normally (So a potential 2% increase). Unfortunately, this would apply to all of your powers, so if you use them and don't fly, it'd still be 10%. The crystals are assumed to be with you or in a safe location.

The crystals are (As far as we know) unbreakable. They could easily withstand a ton of force, but you might want to be careful when using them excessively against things of equal power. If your crystal breaks, you're going to be in a lot of trouble, since the bond of the power is severed. This means not only will it be impossible to get bonuses from holding onto the crystal, but you'll also lose 2 SL permanently, and lose 1% extra all the time (And 2% for when you use powers). You may also find that your powers become a little more erratic. Once a crystal is broken, it is flushed of color, and cannot be repaired.
On the chance that you do break your crystal, you should say that it's broken somewhere in the "Crystal" Section.

As for starting without weapons, I'm not sure if it should be in apps or not. It may be fun to have a "scavenge to find stuff" feeling, but items could help some people with slightly underpowered abilities get on equal footing...

Edit:
@Lord Darkblade:
Your crystal is slightly smaller than the average strength size, and when I said average, the scale had been a lot less accurate (With less possibilities). If you'd like to have average strength normally, please let me know, and we can fix this.

@random fun 12:
Hmm. Maybe you could only use 1 at a time. I still need to think those powers over and make sure that you're not going to become a robot demonic king of New York.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 4/12/2012 19:19:18 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 38
4/12/2012 19:16:13   
.R.M.

Name: Shadow
Allegiance: Villain
Crystal: Shadow crystal, in the shape of a skull.
Power:
Shadow control: Has complete control over shadows.
Shadow blade: Can create weapons out of unbreakable shadow.
Shadow laser: Shoots large beams of laser, made from shadow.
Call the Night: Can turn any time of day to night, for a short period of time.
Note:Obviously his powers are stronger during night.
Stability:100%
Appearance: Tall with a long flowing dark robe, though he seems to be muscular underneath. He has a deep cowl with his face not being visible. No one really knows what he looks like, though rumor is he has a dark scar over his right eye.
History: Grew up immersed in dark arts. He was always strange. One day, during a walk, he found a dark crystal elsewhere in a cave. Rumor is that this was his "private" cave, where he studied dark arts. He had a small power of controlling shadows before touching his crystal. Now he his more powerful than most other villains. He now uses his powers for evil, though other villains go to him for help. He is one of the few ultimate villains.

< Message edited by .R.M. -- 4/12/2012 20:00:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
4/12/2012 19:17:03   
kkutwar

@The Dark Blade Lord: If it were average you would probably have a one at best. The Strength Level is the level of your superhuman physical abilities, so if you're an average human in strength than you shouldn't have a one. Two seems fair for someone who didn't actually say how small his crystal is and possesses a justified meta-game advantage.

@King Astro: Eh, then the flight is just fine as it is then.

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 4/12/2012 19:20:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/12/2012 19:22:16   
Lord Darkblade

OK, that is fair with how I break the 4th wall.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 41
4/12/2012 19:25:04   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@.R.M.:
That is way too overpowered. Being able to control time (Albeit limited) and being stronger a time, and basically being able to manipulate darkness (There's a lot of it) alone are slightly broken. Couple that with being able to shoot darkness and form weapons that seem as strong as the crystals, and Shadow is a guaranteed game-breaker in his current state. You've also left out the size of the crystal.
Please recheck the format for the SL (It is required in apps (Although it's blank at first)).

@kkutwar:
Actually, I believe that the SL should merely measure your current strength (Not super-strength), since this allows for people to get weaker (Which may happen if Dr. Gregory Hound can figure out a formula for this). 3 is indeed the average strength for humans.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 42
4/12/2012 19:36:40   
Lord Darkblade

quote:

@Lord Darkblade:
Your crystal is slightly smaller than the average strength size, and when I said average, the scale had been a lot less accurate (With less possibilities). If you'd like to have average strength normally, please let me know, and we can fix this.

Yes I would like average strength normally.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
4/12/2012 19:37:29   
kkutwar

Well, admittedly, everybody who touched a crystal pretty much have Magikarp Power in effect as stability deceases. Surely the guy who could materialize one mashmellow at 100% stability would be able to make a flood/rain of mellow-cream at twenty or lower. Granted, those who weren't gamebreakers will pretty much evolve into gamebreakers anyways.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
4/12/2012 19:55:32   
Lord Darkblade

Well ya, because even me I will be a gamebreaker if I reach critical because if I don't die from the voices(he is insane, he will be hearing voices a.k.a the other players), yeah Astro is it OK that as a reach critical I start hearing more and more voices in my head from my insanity?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
4/12/2012 19:59:27   
.R.M.

quote:

That is way too overpowered. Being able to control time (Albeit limited)

I never said anything about controlling time .-.

Fixed version:

Name: Shadow
Allegiance: Villain
Crystal: Shadow crystal, in the shape of a skull. A large crystal, the size of a moving van.
Power:
Shadow control: Has limited control over shadows
Shadow blade: Can create weapons out of unbreakable shadow.
Shadow laser: Shoots large beams of laser, made from shadow.
Call the Night: Can turn any time of day to night, for about a minute.
Note:Obviously his powers are stronger during night.
Strength Level: 8
Stability:100%
Appearance: Tall with a long flowing dark robe, though he seems to be muscular underneath. He has a deep cowl with his face not being visible. No one really knows what he looks like, though rumor is he has a dark scar over his right eye.
History: Grew up immersed in dark arts. He was always strange. One day, during a walk, he found a dark crystal elsewhere in a cave. Rumor is that this was his "private" cave, where he studied dark arts. He had a small power of controlling shadows before touching his crystal. Now he his more powerful than most other villains. He now uses his powers for evil, though other villains go to him for help. He is one of the few ultimate villains.

< Message edited by .R.M. -- 4/12/2012 20:03:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
4/12/2012 20:03:41   
kkutwar

You can turn day into night whenever you want, and since your powers are even more effective at night which shall be cloaked in shadows you're a gamebreaker. Admittedly, its probably more like messing with the planet's rotation and/or the sun/moon. Granted, either time or celestial body control would end horribly for everyone with it being spammed. Though, what would probably work and probably an advised idea is to take some (currently)weak-leveled powers that would work well with each other.

EDIT: Now I think of it... If a fifteen inch diameter object is only a 4, than something like a moving van would have to be at least 8 if not beyond eleven.

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 4/12/2012 20:07:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
4/12/2012 20:14:35   
.R.M.

@^: Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of just covering the sky/sun with shadow, not using time-manipulation.

Anyway, I'll maybe change it to 1 minute time hold on Call of Night... But as his powers grow, can the time/strength of this power get higher? Anyway, it would severely drain his power though...
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
4/12/2012 20:23:31   
Lord Darkblade

@Kkut
1. the size of a crystal can range from the size of a small pebble to the size of a bedroom and a bedroom can be big also a moving van would be an 11 as that it is larger than an average bedroom, but it is Astro's call.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
4/12/2012 21:08:21   
Rez

Name: Jake Steel
Allegiance: Unknown Hero
Inventory: Backpack
Crystal: About the size of Jake's head.
Power: Jake's Skin beacomes harder than steel And has (limited) control over metal.
Strength Level: 7
Appearance: 6'1" 220 LB's muscular, has short black hair and a scruffy beard and now sliver eyes(He wears blue contacts.)

History: Jake was a construction worker on a new skyscraper on NY but he actually lives in the country, he makes a 5 houe comute everyday. Once while digging to pour concrete for the foundation he found a large silver crystal, he grabbed it and stashed it in his backpack. After he was off work he tryed to sell it in a pawn shop, but the guy wouldn't buy it as he coulden't identify what iy was. When He got home he grabbed it out of his bag and in that moment when his skin touched it{he was wearing gloves before) his skin and eyes turned silver. When he wanted to see what this did he grabed a knife from his kitchen, he tryed to cut himself but noticed he coulden't and he dropped the knife and reached downa nd tryed to grab it and noticed it stopped in mid air and he could move it around. Anything he tryed this on that wasn't metal didn't work.

< Message edited by Rez -- 4/13/2012 8:55:27 >

Rez
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 2 of 16«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition