Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 6 of 16«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2012 19:47:29   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Superemo:
I'm sad that you want to leave, but I'm more sad that I couldn't think of a way to help your character more. I know this is partially my fault, since I haven't been able to get on as much as I'd like recently, so I'm sorry.

@Starstruck:
Creating almost anything on whim seems OP. It is like the Shadowblade .R.M. came up with, if it is unbreakable (Or in this case really hard to break), and you're at critical stability level, you can just create a 100kg weight and drop it down from a skyscraper. I would suggest making them much weaker and nerfing telekinesis, or nerfing telekinesis more, making the created objects a little stronger, and increasing the amount of stability used for your powers.

@Kosefira:
That's the thing though- he didn't specify some of the limits. I guess that I over exaggerated some of the limits on accident, since I didn't want to assume that they were little, and halfway through the game have, "Hmm? I can't run that long? ...Did I tell you my limits?" I mean no offense to Superemo, I just had been taking these precautions with the other players as well. Also, I'm glad to hear that you've taken a liking to this game.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 126
4/22/2012 14:51:33   
Starstruck

Man, telekinetics in this game get a really bad rap (WELL IF HE WANTED TO HE COULD DROP EGGS ON THEM FROM SEVEN-STORY BUILDINGS HE'S TOO OVERPOWERED). I am having trouble finding a way to prevent the most ludicrous and stupid of situations beyond just saying outright "He doesn't want to do that!".

Im'ma think up a new character concept. I'd like to place a reservation on that character slot for a reasonable number of days, please.

< Message edited by Starstruck -- 4/22/2012 14:52:30 >
DF MQ  Post #: 127
4/22/2012 19:40:53   
kkutwar

When telekinesis pretty much translates into nigh reality-warping... Problems ensure. I swear I read something about someone being able to only lift stuff but nothing else. Doesn't mean the stuff can't be dropped over a nice distance. A reversal of that concept would actually work well for making telekinesis a manageable yet still useful superpower. Punch stuff, lift stuff, throw stuff, etc, but not outright dropping stuff or rapid enhancement in speed. Mild telekinesis under those restrictions would be perfectly functional (Lift self up to building top, throw random stuff, etc). I may or may not have developed a fractured personality.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
4/22/2012 20:39:05   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Starstruck:
I'll let you have hold on that slot for 3 days. And you might not want to start over, since your character is definitely unique... What kkutwar said about telekinesis could work. However, the creating stuff power still has potential game-breakers. If you choose to accept kkutwar's idea for telekinesis, then I imagine created objects could be as strong as durable thick plastic when they are more than 10ft away from you. However, you could add in something like "Shining Aura," where your created objects are stronger when within 10ft of you. I imagine that being a little weaker than something like concrete might suffice. However, when created objects leave your range, they become weaker. And you shouldn't be able to create objects more than 20ft away.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 129
4/23/2012 5:55:18   
Kosefira

The problem with telekinetics is it has no real limits on what it can do. You could use it to win breakdancing competitions, rupture underground pipelines, pitch a no-hitter for several consecutive games, drop pennies from the top of the empire state building (which would theoretically reach a velocity of over 300km/h from acceleration due to gravity (study your physics, kids!)), stop a human's blood flow, etc.
Post #: 130
4/23/2012 6:29:45   
kkutwar

If you limit telekinesis to be incapable of rapid acceleration (can't go from one mph to three hundred in a second) and can't directly drop something (can't pick something up and then slam it down but could launch something from the edge of a building) along with placing some limits (Say, you can lift twenty pounds so it goes in a factor of four equaling lifting eighty pounds via telekinesis) you have a much more manageable power. If you remove the telekinetic's ability to tear things about by their atoms it should be perfectly functional with the other limits. Not powerful enough everything is a breeze but good enough to actually be useful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
4/24/2012 21:17:28   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Second Update is up. Sorry if things seem a little slow right now, guys. Just trying to set a feel for the place. Don't worry, whenever fights begin to occur, and objectives are set, the game should become more interesting.

Edit: Starstruck, you have 1 day before I reopen that slot.

Edit 2: The slot has been reopened.

Edit 3: Hey, guys/girls, would it be okay if updates were more of every 3-5 days? As luck would have it, both of my games are updated on the same day, and I don't want to write a lesser update because I've been somewhat tired. It could also give people more time to get in their post, since I don't like it when I have to just skip one person's update. This does bring the question of how your stability degenerates while being inactive, however... I'm just going to find your last amount of stability, and subtract from it the amount of posts you missed (times 4%), unless anyone has a better idea.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 4/27/2012 18:23:22 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 132
4/29/2012 21:00:44   
Starstruck

Name: Suzy Armstrong
Allegiance: Villain
Inventory: Giant Creepy Scythe, Scary Doll (Golem), Shoe Polish, Cell Phone, Evil-Looking Pink Witch's Hat
Crystal: Nobody has ever seen it. Based off of Suzy's strength level, though, it must be about the size of a grown man. Spoiler: it's midnight black.
Power:

Queen's Minions - Suzy can cause inanimate objects to become animate golems loyal to her. Only certain kinds of objects can become golems (will be applied on a case-by-case basis as dictated by the Ancient Governance of Anti-Godmode [AGoAG] and GM discretion) The appearance and abilities of any particular golem are simple, and will be based upon the object from which the golem was formed. When a golem has taken enough punishment, it will change back to whatever it was and cannot be resurrected for an appropriate length of time. She can only have ten minions at one time, and if she tries to make another while there are ten (brain fart!) all ten will collapse. Her minions will affect her stability rate, so it is possible to shed minions (except for her best doll friend) to prevent from going critical for long enough to get to her crystal. Minions that have been de-golemified can be resurrected at any time. For every golem she creates, her strength level decreases by 1 until she stops at SL3.

Sackcloth Girl - Suzy is no longer entirely human. She is full of stuffing with a skin-texture cloth exterior. Ironic that the golem girl is a golem herself, isn't it? She also has black cloth angel wings that she can use to fly, but she prefers to run and climb with incredible strength and agility.

Potential Projection - Suzy can fire potential energy bolts. These are little black slices of pure potential energy that whip out from her Giant Creepy Scythe that can stop people in their tracks by absorbing the kinetic energy in their movements. However, the momentum and inertia the person had will come flooding right back, so all the bolts serve to do is to stop the person doing whatever they were doing for a few seconds.

Stability: 100%
Strength:
Appearance: A tiny, blue-button-eyed girl in a bizarrely pink denim dress, Suzy is far from imposing until one notices the giant scythe and obsequious golem sycophants. A black butterfly pin is affixed in her blond, braided hair; it appears to flutter every so often. Her mouth is a stitch that opens and closes and can form facial expressions, and she has a petite nose.

History: She love play with dolls. One day, she am become doll. Her parents fight up put, Suzy but not know what do. So she grab stuff run away. There she find best doll friend who nice friendly doll and have fun play in city. But people no like, she is scary to them, they hurt Madison, her dolly best friend. So she get AGNRY!!1!! Then want she kill all of them.
Forumite playing this character: Starstruck

Madison: Completely loyal to Suzy, Madison has formed such a strong bond that even if Suzy was stripped of her powers, Madison would remain a golem until Suzy died. Madison does not have super-strength or super-agility, but she has a unique ability or two that keep her from being useless in the eyes of her peers. Madison takes on a very sackgirl archetype of appearance as opposed to Suzy who is remarkably humanoid. She is dexterous and capable of manipulating small objects better than a human.

Non-Newtonian Dolly - Madison can take huge hits without flinching, but she is vulnerable to non-physical assaults or physical assaults that range up to about half of a human's full force, to which she will be knocked back a disproportionate amount.

Flight - Madison is also capable of flight and will often romp with Suzy through the airspace of downtown Manhattan. Madison's wings are batlike and sinister, and unlike Suzy's are visible at all times.

< Message edited by Starstruck -- 5/20/2012 6:44:05 >
DF MQ  Post #: 133
4/29/2012 21:59:53   
Selutu
Constructive

Your character seems interesting... But I think you would have to specify the limits a bit more instead of just saying "Only certain kinds of objects..."
Another thing is I'm pretty sure we're suppose to start with nothing in out inventory.
Another thing is that you need to decide upon the size of the crystal. Don't just brush it off by saying no-one has ever seen it.

@Astroking112
I think that would be fine... I always prefer quality to quantity.
Also as for the way stability degenerates. I think your idea is fine.

EDIT: @below
Just noticed that... And also for the point about animate inanimate things, my point still stands about needing to clarify the limits to prevent arguments and such.

< Message edited by Selutu -- 4/30/2012 20:55:01 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 134
4/30/2012 18:16:29   
kkutwar

Star did say it is the size of a grown man. I believe he means nobody else has seen it. I would assume the animate inanimate things don't make pencils little men but, say, if it was a teddy bear it could use its own limbs and act on its own. Because that would imply outright higher reality-warping, and literally anywhere she would have her own army. Besides, all you need is a lighter and *POOF* You would have a very flammable girl literally burning to death within a short time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
4/30/2012 22:43:30   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Starstruck:
Suzy seems unique, but the animation limits need to be specified. I don't want the Statue of Liberty coming alive and crushing the heroes as soon as you get critical. As for the energy bolts, I'd rather not have semi-exact math here. Providing words instead of numbers would be better. Also, I'm guessing that the strength for the size of your crystal could be fairly high- are you sure that Suzy would be super-strong? If she is, maybe remove the weapons from the inventory, and nerf her powers a little.

@Selutu:
Okay, thank you. I'm going to try and move into a 5-day schedule unless anyone objects.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 136
5/1/2012 22:28:27   
Starstruck

Added limits to Suzy's animation powers. Also, pay attention to the description of Suzy's crystal. You might be interested to know where it is hidden...

Anyway, lolplzakseppt

(As for the strength level, I intended for Suzy to be extremely strong. You'll have your hands full dealing with her. She's not impossible to defeat, as she does have several flaws that I don't feel like naming because there's no "weaknesses" spot, and when the time comes you will see the weakness card played quite a bit.)
DF MQ  Post #: 137
5/3/2012 17:14:39   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Could you PM me her weaknesses, so I can decide if they're sufficient?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 138
5/6/2012 1:30:05   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

kkutwar, you forgot to begin degenerating stability in the third update. Tried to PM you, but your inbox was full. Your stability in that post should be 92%, and in this next one, it'll be 88%.

Also, from now on, please put the changes to your stability in parenthesis in your updates.
Example: Stability: (-4%) 96%
This makes it easier for me to detect errors, and to keep track of the numbers.

Edit: Starstruck and I discussed his character, Suzy Armstrong. Here's our conversation (He said it was fine if I put it here):
quote:

What about removing the specific numbers? Besides stability, I'd prefer not to use any specific numbers to determine things. So what about stating that she can fire off one every few seconds/minutes (Not sure how long you want the cooldown to be, but if it's longer, they'll be stronger), and they work about half the time. As for stealing energy, does that mean you'd like her to be able to steal stability (This would be small amounts), or stun for a few seconds? And, in order to help balance the Golem Creation, what about making it only able to be used on humanoid objects smaller than 8 feet tall? After all, you could find a Toys R Us somewhere...
quote:

Hm. Okay. I'll accept any cooldown that doesn't go beyond 15 minutes of waiting.

As for golems, she can make objects that aren't humanoid into golems. They just won't be humanoid. For instance, if she miraculously found an unharmed, unstolen Mustang that didn't belong to anyone, it would turn into a mechanical horse that is AWESOME. If she found a sapling, it would turn into an Ent. If she found a motorcycle, it would become some elemental-looking thing with lots of revolving parts.

Because I realize that such diversity might be a problem, I'm going to arbitrarily impose a limit of 10 golems at any one time. If she tries to make even one more, they'll all revert and become unchangeable for a good 4 hours, with the exception of the new guy. Her doll friend is her failsafe for being ripped apart, but it's not magic; scattering is an easy remediation that will ensure that she's out of the count for days, even years.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please ask me. Be sure to quote this post when you reply as I don't have enough space to store this message.
quote:

I don't really know about being able to have basically 10 soldiers following you at any given time. What about putting a limit on the size of the object that you can create a golem from, and making each one take a set amount of time to create? For example, you could only create 2 golems a turn, but you can have up to 10 active at once. Each golem could have a high amount of strength, but every turn that you have at least 1 golem active you lose extra stability, but not as much as using your powers (Which creating golems is).

Since no one has objected, Suzy will now be accepted. Starstruck, please update the format as soon as possible. Once this is done, I'll add her into the updates.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 5/12/2012 13:05:23 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 139
5/12/2012 23:24:26   
Selutu
Constructive

Just 2 small questions concerning Suzy and it is not an objection: So basically they will be 8 feet or small correct? And what would be her Strength Level?

@Astroking
Seeing as you have decided to accept Suzy into the game and she is a villain, I guess the numbers for the alignment are uneven again, so I wouldn't mind changing my alignment to Neutral (but leaning towards Villain) if needed.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 140
5/13/2012 1:25:55   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Selutu:
It's fine whether you want to switch your alignment or not, but I'd prefer if it wasn't a sudden change. Also, Satoshi leans towards hero. As for Suzy's power level, I feel that anywhere from 4-6 is fine (The higher the SL, the lower the chance for working orbs will be). Yes, the golems cannot be more than 8ft tall. Forgot to quote another PM I sent him, but when Suzy has at least 1 golem active, she loses 6% stability instead of 4%. The golems have a strength level of 4, or 5 if critical.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 141
5/13/2012 7:11:39   
Selutu
Constructive

@Astroking112
The reason I offered to alter my alignment is because the total SL for Heroes is 6 (if counting Satoshi then it is 7), however currently if assuming Suzy will have a SL of 4, then the total SL for Villains would be 15, which is more than twice as much SL as Heroes have. If there is not a problem with this then I guess it can stay this way. Also can you please explain this?
quote:

the lower the chance for working orbs will be

Because I don't really understand what it is referring to...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 142
5/13/2012 10:53:17   
random fun 12

Astroking: I'm just wondering which part of New-York am I in?
DF AQW  Post #: 143
5/13/2012 12:35:07   
Starstruck

It's nice to finally play with y'all...nice.

I'll be poking the bio for a little bit until it reflects the changes, and then I'll see if I can't post. Look out for little girls!
DF MQ  Post #: 144
5/13/2012 13:04:32   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@Selutu:
One of Suzy's powers is to shoot off energy orbs. As for the SL, I don't know if it can be used to rate the teams (That's the reason why if no side has won by page 30, the stability is counted up to see which side would've lasted longer technically), since the SL is changed based on the powers. For example, if someone has the ability to move earth, then their SL would be smaller and their power would be nerfed.

As it is, I'd be fine with giving every hero an extra 1-2 SL until the teams are even again. Though, most of the heroes are smaller, and the villains are all tough. It may be difficult for either side to win, since I doubt that the heroes will be rushing forward to fight the villains, especially once people begin getting >75% stability.

@Starstruck:
Also, forgot to ask. Did you want the orbs to stun or steal small amounts of stability?

@random fun 12:
Lower Manhattan.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 5/13/2012 13:05:04 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 145
5/14/2012 4:44:49   
Selutu
Constructive

@Astroking
Okay, that clears it up.
And also I think that would make it more fair if you do give each hero an extra 1-2 SL until the teams are even. Unless other people disagrees with this due to the fact that all of the Heroes and Satoshi are able to carry their crystal around?
If the Heroes don't think that they're necessary then I guess we can just forget about what I said.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 146
5/14/2012 7:41:30   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Well, people are nearing the 75% mark, which means that soon everyone is going to get an extra 1 SL, but until the heroes technically have 3 members, they can have the extra 1 or 2 SL if they want it. Hopefully everyone still checks this OOC.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 5/14/2012 7:43:59 >

Light cannot shine through a closed door.

Orfa orema ofa yma amazinga umorha oga ota:
http://sites.google.com/site/soaringplatypusproductions/
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 147
5/14/2012 18:00:51   
kim346

I'll take anything that makes me stronger..
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 148
5/17/2012 22:25:04   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Hey, everyone, would it make more sense to create a scale for morale? For example, under allegiance, it could have a number next to it, and in an update, based on your actions, you could get +1/-1 Rep. This could provide more concrete ways for people to tell whether they're acting as heroes or villains. If this seems to complicated, would it be good in a future game?
Also, if kkutwar (Blazing Eagle) agrees, official heroes could get the +1 SL until the teams are even again (Which they won't be once Suzy enters).

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 5/17/2012 22:26:36 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 149
5/17/2012 22:41:56   
kkutwar

Would the increase in SL nerf our current power limits or will they be untouched? Wanting to know because it seems more useful to have stronger versions of our powers than just simply higher strength. Though the answer would probably be a yes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 6 of 16«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition