Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 9 of 16«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/19/2012 15:17:10   
.R.M.

Maybe in a potential sequel, during breaks or conversations (basically times when no powers, etc. are in use), the characters can regain stability instead of losing it. Really, I think that it makes more sense to subtract stability only when powers are used.
AQW Epic  Post #: 201
8/19/2012 16:12:28   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@.R.M.:
Depending on the ending of Super-Powered (NY), players may become much more powerful, having learned to control their stability better. However, the main idea is that slowly the power is growing. Eventually it may regenerate without crystals, but that currently goes against the plot of this game (And two of the three potential sequels).

@kim:
Weapons can always come in handy, as can Dull-Water. What if your crystal is taken from you? What if you get ------ -- - --------/------? Weapons would be heavenly then. Killing can always come in handy... but so will having allies. There is a yin to every yang.

Oh yeah... people won't get mad if there's a cliffhanger ending, will they? Because the ending of this game concludes the storyline of New York, but not the one of the crystals. I can see how some would think of it as a cliffhanger, even though I personally don't see it as one (It just tells people what is coming once they're finished). And does anyone have any requests for things they want to see, either in a joint event or between them (Such as deadlier S.W.A.T. agents, "lost" roaming the streets, etc.)?
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 202
8/19/2012 21:06:55   
kim346

As long as the Sequel comes fast, I wouldn't mind a cliffhanger...
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 203
8/20/2012 17:03:57   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@kim:
I'd probably start the sequel within a few weeks of the end of this game (I'd need to tie everything up and write the endings for the characters and NPCs).

And I think I'm probably going to make a sequel for this game. A sequel to the Bio-Spheres of Uni-Plex would be the same thing in a different sphere, basically, unless I were to bring the storyline to the outside world, which is something I don't want to do. When I've finished the story arc of the Super-Powered games, I'll probably create a totally new game based on a different book I'm writing at the time (I have lots of ideas floating around in my head).

When would people like to see these updates? If I'm correct, all the active players have seen the ideas...
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 204
9/3/2012 14:01:36   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I'm assuming that you're allowed to double-post here? I see others doing it, and nothing will get noticed if I can't do it...

Anyways, I apologize for the waits. I would not count on me being able to post an update until the weekend, though I may occasionally be able to squeeze one in.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 205
9/4/2012 20:55:04   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I plan on making an Out-of-Sight based on what happens after this Joint Event. Does anyone have any preferences? Is there anything people are curious about and want to see a glimpse of (I won't reveal anything that I feel will spoil something)? Just curious, because right now I'm planning on doing the S.W.A.T. again, unless someone wants to read about something else.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 206
9/26/2012 23:27:56   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Also, I apologize for my lateness. I do not expect to be able to update the games on weekdays. From now on, I'll most likely have a message at the top of your update telling you if any special stuff has changed (Such as getting new inventory items).
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 207
9/26/2012 23:46:10   
kim346

How much extra stability does the Pimancer and Satoshi get?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 208
10/18/2012 22:53:28   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@kim:
I'm kind of late, but based on the size of the portion you eat, you will get more stability.

Also, I'm truly sorry about the Bio-Spheres of Uni-Plex. After updating this game the previous time, I got sick for quite some time (In fact I'm still sniffling), and once I stopped getting really involved in the forums, it was hard to get back in. I cannot express how sorry I am. I apologize to those that played Bio-Spheres, and, if you want, I guess I could post the first chapter of the actual novel I'm writing, along with a synopsis of the first section. Again, I am sorry, and I completely understand anyone that is mad at me.
I'm trying to keep this game alive. I can never seem to get my brain to stop thinking, which is probably why I never write the updates until the moment I'm posting them. I generally multi-task, and when I began to get swamped with schoolwork, my brain kind of shutted down some things. I think I've reactivated Super-Powered, and I'm going to try and keep it that way.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 209
10/19/2012 22:47:44   
.R.M.

Aww, shame that Bio-Spheres was locked. It was my favorite game... Anyways, this is my second favorite, so... At least this is still here! :D This is really my last connection to AE/the forums. :\
AQW Epic  Post #: 210
10/20/2012 2:14:21   
Selutu
Constructive

@Astroking
Do you mind re-sending me the PM for the update? I had a full inbox >.>
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 211
10/20/2012 12:39:54   
kim346

Bio-Spheres was interesting... Shame it got locked...
I'm hoping that the guys isn't Super-Powered, even though he probably is.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 212
10/20/2012 15:52:27   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

@.R.M.:
I agree. I'm not sure what I'd even do for the rest of the game though, as I was pretty much just winging it.

@Selutu:
Actually, I haven't sent it yet. I stayed up pretty late when I wrote it, and this is the first time I've had a computer since then. I'll try and send it as soon as possible.

@kim:
I miss Bio-Spheres too... And, just to respond to your last sentence, I'll let you know that you're on the heel of a big discovery. I'll just leave it at that for now...
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 213
11/6/2012 18:58:35   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Selutu, did you receive the PM'd update? I can resend it if you want, but I'm getting ready to write the next update, and I just want to make sure you really aren't here if you're "paused..."
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 214
11/13/2012 22:27:30   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Just so everyone knows, "Joint Events" are one of the few times it isn't hard to die. Remember to be careful in your actions... as one wrong move can end up triggering something disastrous for everyone else (Especially when interacting with NPCs (Or angering them by ruining their plans)). You'll still have a chance of survival (No "I look for Dull-Water," and "Well there was a guy hiding and he cuts off your head"), it's just generally more dangerous, and your actions will change the rest of the game.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 215
1/19/2013 16:47:50   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Congratulations, .R.M.! You are officially the first player to escape a Joint Event alive!

Also, I never did get to add in those revisions I had come up with on the last update or so. Taking place after you get out of the first Joint Event, you will no longer be responsible for determining how much stability is detracted, due to having more experience on how to use your powers, and the current mechanics being a bit cumbersome. Instead, I will put how much you stability is gained/subtracted near your character name. It will still be up to the player to do the math correctly. The amounts once a player has grown more in control are:

No usage of powers: -4%
Slight usage of powers: -6%
Average usage of powers: -8%
Major usage of powers: -10%.

This will hopefully stop people from loosing twice as much stability for putting on a light. Then, there are different amounts for when you are in proximity of your crystal (Physical contact will no longer be required once you've finished your part of the Joint Event). You still must be within 10ft. of your crystal, with no major barriers between you and it (Something like clothing is fine).

No usage when in proximity of crystal: +5%
Slight usage when in proximity of crystal: +3%
Average usage when in proximity of crystal: -3%
Major usage when in proximity of crystal: -5%

When in physical contact with your crystal, the regeneration effect for no usage will be increased to +8%. Eating food will also add stability based on the size of the meal (Might vary based on the genetics/powers of individual characters), and sleeping when within proximity of your crystal will fully restore all stability.

The main point of this update is that the Super-Powered are done (For the most part) adapting to having their powers. They're ready to gain more control, and won't have to straggle around to find Dull-Water (Though it will still help). The effects of a lack of stability is still the same, but now veterans won't have to worry about it reaching zero every few pages. In fact, in a sense, this can make them weaker, as it'll be harder to deplete stability...

Also, in effect for all players from here on, Dull-Water will now restore 25% stability instead of the previous 20%. This is more of a gift to anyone in dire circumstances, as quite a few players are.
So far .R.M. is the only one who can fully benefit from these updates, so please let me know of any feedback that you might have before the update is used by everyone. Like when apps were still open, all players are free to give their feedback on this, and how they think it can be improved (Especially since this is a pretty big update that changes fundamentals). I will update the front pages of both the OOC and the game with the finalized version of this info.

< Message edited by Astroking112 -- 1/19/2013 16:48:21 >
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 216
1/20/2013 12:08:36   
kim346

If my character had a average usage of his powers, and was in physical contact with his crystal, that would mean he would gain 0%?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 217
1/20/2013 14:08:45   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

After the Joint Event, you will still lose 3% for average usage of powers when in physical contact with your crystal. At your current position, you just lose 4% for using your powers at all when in physical contact with your crystal. The only way for you to gain stability would be to eat, use no powers when in contact with your crystal (For +5%), or drink Dull-Water.

Also, everyone please check your Strength Levels. Remember that for every 25% you are away from 100%, you get +1 to your strength. I've noticed that some people's strength is outdated, but I don't really want to spam PMs to people.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 218
1/20/2013 16:17:28   
kim346

So how much stability would half the package of crackers give me?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 219
1/22/2013 22:12:30   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Probably about 2%. This is just added though, it doesn't nullify your degeneration.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 220
2/10/2013 22:36:31   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Please review the new updates if you have not already. Also, I will try and make food less rare, as honestly right now the Inventory is kind of pointless.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 221
2/12/2013 13:49:19   
.R.M.

I agree with these changes. They all sound good. It looks slightly confusing at first, but I don't think it should take that long to get used to. I'm just glad that my character won't lose so much stability now... That was one of my only problems; Should I try to regain stability before I go critical, or should I act on the current situation? Well, it wasn't really a problem. It just added another aspect into the game, where you have to be cautious of what you decide to do.

Now all I have to do is safely navigate Shadow back to his crystal.
AQW Epic  Post #: 222
2/14/2013 20:41:36   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Thanks for the feedback, .R.M.!

Also, I will try adding a message at the end of a post if something is new, such as copying and pasting the notice to go to the OOC, or what to add to your inventory, or how much stability to deduct. Hopefully this will make the game less confusing, and more orderly.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 223
3/20/2013 23:29:33   
kkutwar

Doesn't Eagle have his crystal still? Anyways, what's the kill count for the Time Squares massacre and how many people died because of Blazing Eagle? Since I don't want to read through about ten pages of posts what's going on with the Green Lightning and what happened to the Shadow Lost?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 224
3/23/2013 20:53:41   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

Eagle does indeed still have his crystal. Unless stated otherwise in an update, you will retain control of it. As for the amount of deaths in the Times Square incident, if I remember correctly dozens of Super-Powered charged in. Say it's 36, then subtract probably about 20 from the Lost monster, and another 8 from your creatures (Direct deaths only). Then the S.W.A.T. probably mopped up most of the survivors. In the end, I'd say that only a handful of people actually survived.

The green lightning is coming from a new type of weapon that the S.W.A.T. have developed. The specifics of it are currently unknown, but do know that getting hit by it would be very bad. The shadow monster was killed by Shadow when it attempted to pursue him into a flaming building, and Shadow caused the fiery wreckage to fall down and smash it. Hope this recap was helpful.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Super-Powerd (NY) OOC (Game under construction)
Page 9 of 16«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition