Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mage Rant

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Mage Rant
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2012 11:51:37   
.HYPE.

TechMage was in a nice place before the update, in regards to Plasma Bolt+Plasma Rain build, it's weakness was good physical Bounty Hunter characters, Bloodlust usually being the key to surviving the damage of the TechMage, and the high damage output of the Bounty Hunter usually being more than enough to kill the TechMage before being able to use an energy boost and fire off another Plasma Bolt to finish it.

It had several counters, anything stacking resistance was a contender, I can think of at least 3 builds in the game which should have been nerfed before even considering to nerf this techmage build-

But as it goes, Plasma Rain now improves with Dex, rendering the build below=par to say the least in 1v1 due to better, more consistent build options-which I didn't want to touch.

Therefore I changed my TechMage to a BloodMage, using a FireBall+Berzerker strength build, after playing the TechMage for 1000+ games, the thing I am noticing most about the BloodMage is being blocked, losing fights to a block makes me feel cheated, it's horrible - THIS IS WHY THIS BUILD SHOULD "NOT" BE NERFED, Plasma Bolt+Rain damage was inevitable 70-100 Damage guaranteed in 2 turns, FireBall+Berzerker on the otherhand.... BLOCK!

< Message edited by .HYPE. -- 4/15/2012 11:52:44 >
Post #: 1
4/15/2012 12:03:41   
ansh0

Your point is.....
Epic  Post #: 2
4/15/2012 12:05:05   
.HYPE.

quote:

Therefore I changed my TechMage to a BloodMage, using a FireBall+Berzerker strength build, after playing the TechMage for 1000+ games, the thing I am noticing most about the BloodMage is being blocked, losing fights to a block makes me feel cheated, it's horrible - THIS IS WHY THIS BUILD SHOULD "NOT" BE NERFED, Plasma Bolt+Rain damage was inevitable 70-100 Damage guaranteed in 2 turns, FireBall+Berzerker on the otherhand.... BLOCK!
Post #: 3
4/15/2012 12:06:41   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I disagree, Blood Mage is very powerful if you use a gun/fireball combo.

If you have anything constructive to say, you should put it in the Balance Discussion :).
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/15/2012 12:07:22   
Basicball

here's an idea: get more dex
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/15/2012 12:11:45   
Smackie El Frog

That's been the problem with berzerker for like...EVER. Its a risky move mate use it or don't, no ones forcing you

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 4/15/2012 12:12:09 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/15/2012 12:17:14   
rayniedays56

I like the new update on tech mage. I have a level 19 alt tech mage. She is a dex abuser with level 6 overload and level 5 plasma rain. I have been winning a numerous amount of battles with her now.

Her is her stuff

Dexerity is 45+11
Technology is 42

the rest is put in as the lowest it can be.

What the Plasma Bolt, Plasma Rain combo was doing was allowing a class to be too powerful. You shouldn't look for power in a class, you should look for fun and build availability. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/15/2012 12:21:32   
Oba

Indeed this dex TM is powerful. But it was that even before this last update. But I suggest you to not be a STR abuser and get some dex to be able to hit that zerker. I see alot of STR abusers whine about getting blocked. And I say the same to them all.

Your build is about to hit fast and deadly... with massive dmg. MY build (dex) is to COUNTER you STR abusers with blocks.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/15/2012 12:25:27   
rayniedays56

@ Oba

You took the words out of my mouth :)

I have been finding it difficult to enjoy the game with everyone going to the next OP class :/

However, I must prove to them that they are wrong! :)

Mages are extremely powerful.

The lower levels (used and prob still do) have maxed plasma bolt and a little in plasma rain before the update with low tech...

The SMART lower levels would have extreme tech and maxed plasma bolt before the update.

The update helped for the non tech abusers to have a chance against these powerful mages, and I find that it worked rather well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/15/2012 12:50:16   
Stabilis

Search Purple.Nightmare, my one alt mage has less than 30 1v1 losses, even fewer 2v2 losses than that.

It is not difficult to exploit the power of Reroute and an attack, in Purple.Nightmare's case it is Plasma Bolt... at LEVEL 7.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
4/15/2012 13:03:07   
One Winged Angel1357

The only point I see him making is that mage was nerfed because of the Plasma Bolt Plasma Rain combo which I'll give him is a fair point but if you do a Plasma Rain with one or 2 point in SC and high dex and go to 2v2 chances are that build will work for a mage pretty well(I would test it but I'm broke ATM)

I got credits to test and a bug is stopping me. I love you too EpicDuel I guess you want me to abuse Tech to the day I quit.

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 4/15/2012 14:33:24 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/15/2012 14:07:59   
PivotalDisorder

most of the lower level mages haven't even changed their builds. still using Plasma Bolt and Plasma Rain, and still winning too many matches based
on going first. so many Plasma Bolt Mages, and Bunker Buster mercs that it's just a big power shoot out most 2v2 matches. going first rules.

these changes are not what I expected, and barely dented the game IMO.
Post #: 12
4/15/2012 14:30:56   
DOOMdeath

Then, HYPE don't use berseker, use fireball, gun, strike, fireball combo

I am happy as ch, I beat most of bms cuz they are counting on berseker massive dmg, and then.....I block

And, TMs are still very powerful because now plasma rain + supercharge are.......... others told everything about it....

*MUNCH* Your sig violates Forum rules. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/15/2012 14:47:42   
PivotalDisorder

@DOOMdeath: of course you are happy as CH, still the no1 class by miles.

controls blocks [Shadowarts and High Dex]
controls deflects [Malfunction]
controls energy [EMP and Static Charge]
controls offence [Malfunction]
controls defence [Plasma Armour]

all that can be rolled into a Tank build. no other class has this kind of power available to them.
Post #: 14
4/15/2012 14:48:40   
ScarletReaper

The fact that you switched to bloodmage shows how retarded you are. You know what other skill improves with tech now? SUPERCHARGE!! With a high tech build, max plasmabolt, reroute and supercharge build, you will still be a superbeast.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
4/15/2012 15:18:44   
ansh0

^true, that build is a beast but when EMP'ed by someone with high tech, build is no better than a Lv10 build
Epic  Post #: 16
4/15/2012 17:25:00   
liy010

quote:

here's an idea: get more dex

I lol'ed when I saw this xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Mage Rant
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition