Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= New Customization of Varium Packages

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= New Customization of Varium Packages
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/27/2012 18:36:12   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Hello Everyone!

Coming this update, EpicDuel is introducing an exciting new feature on how players buy varium.

I encourage you to watch this video and how I demonstrated it!

http://quietube2.com/v.php/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXuVB_TQQZM

If you have any questions, or thoughts, feel free to post it here!

~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/27/2012 18:43:04   
One Winged Angel1357

I think it is a great idea and I am wondering if I pick up the 500 varium package and spend no keys do I keep my keys or do I have to use my keys?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/27/2012 18:44:30   
Zeoth

Looks great! I'm curious though. Are you allowed to keep the keys if you want and save them for later?

Ninja'd by OWA >_>

< Message edited by Zeoth -- 4/27/2012 18:45:15 >
Post #: 3
4/27/2012 18:45:23   
spinutto

Those who already spent points, will get keys or something?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/27/2012 18:47:02   
One Winged Angel1357

@Zeoth sorry but I guess great minds think alike.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/27/2012 18:47:53   
Mr. Black OP

Can you select to use no keys and save them for next time?
Also I bought varium when I had already had the promo, will I be receiving some extra keys to compensate for it?

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 4/27/2012 18:51:00 >
Epic  Post #: 6
4/27/2012 18:49:30   
Zeoth

@OWA Haha so true ^^
Post #: 7
4/27/2012 18:50:12   
Practel

To answer a lot of the same questions:

Are you allowed to keep the keys if you want and save them for later?
Unfortunately no, you need to spend them all in one go.

Those who already spent points, will get keys or something?
No, sorry, this is a new system!

~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/27/2012 18:50:55   
Stabilis

So, this solves the problem to a degree of purchasing 2 varium packages within the same promotional session. I like. HOPEFULLY, the next promotion occurs at a reasonable rate for me to make a buy, but it wouldn't matter so much if I can opt out and get credits instead then. But... is the promotion really equal to 15, 000 credits? Not any more than that?
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
4/27/2012 18:53:05   
PivotalDisorder

can we get 2 smaller packages, like the 2000 artix points, and 4000 artix points pack, and combine the keys to get a 5 key bonus?
[watched the video, I'd say that is a resounding no, looking at the packs, I'd say that would be an exploit right?]

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 4/27/2012 18:54:31 >
Post #: 10
4/27/2012 18:53:04   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Love the design of the new interface, doesn't seem so "bland" as the old one (for want of a better word) Looking really forward to this :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/27/2012 18:55:03   
Practel

can we get 2 smaller packages, like the 2000 artix points, and 4000 artix points pack, and combine the keys to get a 5 key bonus?
No sorry, you can only select one package at a time.

But... is the promotion really equal to 15, 000 credits? Not any more than that?
Your question confuses me - can you elaborate?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/27/2012 18:57:09   
Mr. Black OP

No keys from past purchases... talk about a bummer.
Practel I think he means if you sell the other items will it be more or less than 15k.
Epic  Post #: 13
4/27/2012 19:00:20   
Zeoth

I would like to ask Practel why are we not allowed to save the keys go later? It is just because AE wants more money? Which is the only logical for why they wouldn't allow us to save the keys. Utterly ridiculous
Post #: 14
4/27/2012 19:03:29   
PivotalDisorder

Promo items tend to have their resale value decreased, I'd say the 15k credits is good, but don't forget, you get some varium from resale of promos
so it really is a personal choice I'd say.
Post #: 15
4/27/2012 19:04:37   
spinutto

@Zeoth because it would allow people to, say, buy 2500 var and 1250 var and get bio battlegear as free bonus, or delta armor.
In a resume, yea u have to spend more...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/27/2012 19:05:12   
Practel

I would like to ask Practel why are we not allowed to save the keys go later? It is just because AE wants more money? Which is the only logical for why they wouldn't allow us to save the keys. Utterly ridiculous
Actually, to contrary belief, a user would be able to get the Delta Knight Armor, or any of the 5 key bonus's simply by spending 6,000 Artix points. It would A) Give the players who spent the 10k Artix points on it a disadvantage B) Cheating the system and C) Be somewhat overpowered.

Practel I think he means if you sell the other items will it be more or less than 15k.
I imagine it will be more or less around the 15k mark.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/27/2012 19:06:37   
Zeoth

Only thinking realistically. Everybody tries to save money somehow. The fact they let people save anything is anything less than crap.
Post #: 18
4/27/2012 19:09:11   
Practel

To everyone who plans to say, or is going to say that we are just completely greedy and want the money...

If the dev's really wanted to take your money, they wouldn't implement this new system which actually BENEFITS everyone more than before.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/27/2012 19:09:17   
Mr. Black OP

Practel, but let's say a person buys 10 500 varium packs for 2 proms, he got 5k varium and 2 promos, a person buys a 10k for the same price he then picks 1 promo then buys the other. So he ends up with over 8k varium left both promos and a good amount of credits. It would still be cheaper to buy the 10k.
Epic  Post #: 20
4/27/2012 19:12:02   
Nexus...

Just wanted to point something out...

The new Varium system does not give you a better deal when buying a package, it only allows for the customization of packages. As much as I like the new system, try not to be disillusioned by the new interface and many different options. It still costs $50 USD for a 10k package, and your still getting what appears to be 1 good promo package with it. The only people this will really benefit are those who buy more than one 10k package per promo. With the current system you have no customization, but if you wait a couple weeks, you can get a new promo or a new item.

Just wanted to make sure all that talk of "free" items wasn't confusing people. You pay for the Varium and the Keys which you choose/purchase a promo with, instead of buying a Varium package with a pre-distinguished promo.

Yes we can now get variety, and yes, this will make lower tier packages more worth it, but the value remains the same for the majority of players as long as you are able to wait.

Either way, I like the new interface, and the new system seems good, I just hope they intend to build on its functionality in the future. Good job with the video Practel, I liked it =)

EDIT: After reading through some posts about saving keys, I tend to agree. You should be able to save keys. The 10k varium package provides you with 10k varium, where as the 5k varium package gives you half of that, and you still need to spend another $10 to get the top promo package. In short, if you are looking to get more bang for your buck, you would buy the 10k package (or if you needed Varium), whereas with the lower package, the priority would be to get the armor, and you would end up overcharged and undersaturated (with varium).

So it would work out, but obviously it would lose them some money so they won't do it. Remember, the new system isn't new at all, its just an over-complicated skin with a few more options.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 4/27/2012 19:20:11 >
Epic  Post #: 21
4/27/2012 19:13:36   
Zeoth

Implementing is just an illusion in my opinion. You still pay for those keys that you get. If anything it just benefits those who don't want the same thing over and over.
Post #: 22
4/27/2012 19:15:58   
PivotalDisorder

on the upside, now players who can afford multiple 10k packs no longer have to play the game to be able
to keep their gear up to date. previously credits became an issue and they had to actually play to earn them.

"stay on top, but not online"
Post #: 23
4/27/2012 19:18:17   
Zeoth

Yes earn 30k credits with every 10k package. That's a 3-1 ratio. The normal equipment ratio for equipment is 2:1 or a little lower.
Post #: 24
4/27/2012 19:26:48   
Sageofpeace

while is true this created a variation it still the same thing, how can we the five keys with 6000 artix points if you need to buy the 50$ pack to to get five 5 keys that point no we can't the armor without spending 50 and we can't even save the keys that just kill the whole of this, just like they did when they made the promos not been able to sell before it was over is clearly that they don't wanted to give us any type of benefit
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= New Customization of Varium Packages
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition