Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Clockwise

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Clockwise
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2012 22:06:02   
Starstruck

Hee hee! Did you think there was going to be a story as the first post? No! This is just a warm up introduction. I know everyone hates introductions because Douglas Adams says he doesn't read them, and when Douglas Adams says something, you know it's true. Hail Zaphod! I'm just torturing you Prologue people who believe that everything has to be part of the story.

Now, this is going to be a relatively casual writing exercise for me. I haven't written much recently and I read a couple of uninspiring, terrible books that for whatever reason compelled me to break hiatus. I guess reading terrible things makes me want to write good things, which means I'm going to end up reading Twilight before the year is up.

The short story I'm going to write will have five chapters - Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, Conclusion. Except they're going to be installments instead of chapters and I'll name them relevant things. It's not a long story by any means, though if I add in a lot of words maybe it will end up in novella range. Maybe. The chapters, certainly, are going to err on the short side, and everything should be done in a few days. The exercise is to test my abilities and style as a writer - what is quintessential Starstruck? What are his strengths, what does he do well? What are his quirks, his flaws, his weaknesses? I'm going to write almost the stupidest story of my life, and it will be about nothing. It'll have a quasi-serious plot that would be just the kind of thing that Star would write, and believable characters/settings/mechanics that are just too like Star, and description to excess in Star's typical style.

And before I could write this introduction and post it, I had to figure out what the story was going to be about and create a clever title, puns mandatory. I think I succeeded. So, please enjoy whatever random musings pop out of my mind; this story isn't meant to be taken seriously, but rather as the story you talk about when you talk about Starstruck the writer.

Note: The actual story will be in black, and when I post the first chapter, I will also post a C&C thread. Because there's not much you can say about the introduction.

< Message edited by Starstruck -- 4/30/2012 22:07:33 >
DF MQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Clockwise
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition