Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Universe That Shouldn't Work Comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Universe That Shouldn't Work Comments
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2012 22:36:41   
Razen

The Story

The Universe That Shouldn't Work is more or less a joke Universe that works off of an absurd basis. There are currently going to be four members in the party. Firstly, there is LeaderMan, who has beyond perfect leadership skills and can make anything follow his plans that could not make any possible sense. Secondly, there is Shieldman(Who happens to be how this all started), an entity of pure defense, it is literally impossible to defeat him because he can take no harm in any manner. Next, there is Shieldman's exact opposite, Swordman, who has infinite attack that has to hit, pierce, and kill basically anything that isn't Shieldman. Lastly, is SummonerMan, he can summon anything in any number that does, doesn't, can't, shouldn't, wouldn't, and possibly exists. Note, there is ALWAYS room for more members in this team.

Now, I'm still somewhat confused on the Antagonist will be, so the first part will mainly just be how the team's assembled as well as their first plan of action. Expect craziness to ensue, for in this universe...nothing seems to be logical.

I hope you enjoy this insane story as I make it up as I go.

< Message edited by Razen -- 3/14/2014 5:36:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/6/2012 22:39:31   
Mortarion

lol, how about......DISEASEMAN
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/6/2012 22:52:53   
Razen

No, my eyes could not withstand such a thing. Besides...how would that EVEN WORK?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/6/2012 22:57:39   
Mortarion

Five words: Nurgle without the god hood
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/6/2012 23:01:22   
Razen

Except that by this 'Verse's logic...he would have EVERY DISEASE FROM ANYWHERE AND THEN SOME. He would also passive spread the disease everywhere...that doesn't sound helpful to me...NegativeMan could keep DiseaseMan even if he existed.

Anyways, question for you all, does anyone get how OP SummonerMan is? xP
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/6/2012 23:02:26   
Mortarion

I do, but I still demand Diseaseman
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/6/2012 23:04:29   
Glais

I WILL LEAD YOU INTO FAILURE GLORIOUSLY! And it's canon xD

Leaderman can do that too.

EDIT:Well, I technically know how OP summoner man is.

Good thing he can't call Jo'Sun <_> Not like we need any MORE hax xD

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 5/26/2012 5:48:43 >
DF MQ  Post #: 7
5/7/2012 3:58:59   
Razen

Updated it a little!

Also, some restrictions:

LeaderMan can only lead and gain followers if the person in question isn't already devoutly following someone.

SwordMan's attack can only go to a Sword's Reach.

ShieldMan can only block stuff with his count it, 1 shield.

SummonerMan can't summon things he doesn't know about that DO exist in the Universe, and can only summon things one at a time.

NegativeMan can only indirectly make the worst possible option happen as he can't directly interfere with someone's power.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/7/2012 4:02:12   
Glais

Tower of L337, H4X High School xD

As I liked Weather Report, I suspect WeatherMan will be cool.
DF MQ  Post #: 9
5/12/2012 18:11:16   
Onyx Darkmatter

What's a H4X High School? XD

This sounds more like a Megaman story, except that these <Insert>man are probably not robots and they most likely have no creator.
Now I have one word: Matterman.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
5/12/2012 20:22:14   
Razen

Prologue, finally finished!

Onto Chapter 1: SwordMan and SummonerMan, use the H4X, Luke, err, SwordMan.

I don't know who Luke is, but the reference is obvious.

@Onyx: H4X High School is the official High School of H4X in Uberopolis, but of course. Also, like I said, I hadn't thought about Mega Man when coming up with the naming system. xD Also, it's *Talent*Men or PerfectMen. xP
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/16/2012 22:36:21   
Mortarion

I challenge you to add, the Swarm lord, a man, or creature, who can control any kind of insect, looks like this http://magiccards.info/query?q=!Phyrexian+Swarmlord

And eyeman, he is a man covered in eyes that can se in any spectrum of vision, anywhere, and at any time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/16/2012 22:54:22   
Glais

On that note we need RatMan. Founder of Uberopolis and savior of all! With his Legion of Rats that can do many things.

Now to finish the prologue.
DF MQ  Post #: 13
5/17/2012 16:55:32   
Razen

A Statue of RatMan will most definitely be noted later on when they return in about Chapter 3.

Eyeman could happen, although his downside would be that he still has a blind spot. ;3 The only possibility for "the Swarm lord" would be SwarmMan or something that SummonerMan accidentally summons.

Will be updating Chapter 1 soon.

Updated Chapter 1. SwordMan is about to be fully introduced, and then it'll be off to find SummonerMan!

< Message edited by Razen -- 5/20/2012 22:14:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/20/2012 22:33:49   
Mortarion

I want SwarmMan and Eyeman, but this is awesome. I want more

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 5/20/2012 22:34:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/21/2012 21:38:49   
Glais

I love the Dinosaur line.

spoiler:

You still gonna go with LizardMan--->BeastMan--->DinosaurMan?
DF MQ  Post #: 16
5/21/2012 21:49:21   
Razen

Of course, LizardMan will be seen pretty soon...actually. Then Chapter 2 will be BeastMan...Chapter 3, DinosaurMan.

spoiler:

Also, by Chapter 4 the universe will have been destroyed twice...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/26/2012 20:54:12   
Blade

I don't know what kind of story this is, but I don't care. I like it.

To me, it's like like if you threw Fantasy, internet memes, computers, superheros, comedy, and suspense all in one weird story. You get this epicness. Once I got past the first Paragraph I was captivated. Nice work!

I'm impressed. :)
I'm still confused and trying to figure out exactly what's happeneing, but that's sort of the fun of it. Keep up the good work!

-Bladebrawl
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/26/2012 21:01:27   
Razen

Explaining what type of story this is, is like asking what a thingamajig is made of. There really can't be an answer. All I can tell you is that this story is a Barely Serious Story with a large amount of references to almost anything that I feel like referencing. Also, there aren't any superheroes in this, that's just literally how I name the characters for this.

As to what is happening, well, NegativeMan has become the Mayor of Uberopolis, and in his first day, both the Bank and Plaza were...downed. By the time that the story starts, he has already indirectly caused an economic collapse. LeaderMan, hating such bad leadership, feels the urge to fix it.

P.S. I'm not kidding. LeaderMan hating bad leadership is the entire point for the plot existing. Told ya, barely serious story here.

< Message edited by Razen -- 5/26/2012 21:05:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/26/2012 21:34:40   
Mortarion

This story is awesome, when will you add the next chapter?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/26/2012 23:58:47   
Razen

Probably after the current one is finished, Mort. In other words, in due time. I work on this whenever I can, so don't think it's dead. :P I just can't make a post in the comments for every little update I do.

Anyways, small update(s) to Chapter 1.

P.S. Bears.

P.P.S. Gee, this thing is starting to get long.

P.P.P.S. LizardMan and LeaderMan will both be done in First Person PoV now. I dunno why.

P.P.P.P.S. Walruses.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/27/2012 0:06:01   
Mortarion

Hmm nice updates, but sometimes you mix first person PoV and third person PoV
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/27/2012 0:17:32   
Razen

Been trying to fix those on the re-reading over it. Would be nice if any examples you found were quoted for my convenience. Seriously, would be some super-amazing-sauce-helpfulness there.

Another small update, Birdemic Reference.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
5/27/2012 0:22:08   
Mortarion

quote:

With the thin membrane that had kept me on the winds for so long now stretching and folding between his limbs as he worked his way up.

This for example

or this

quote:

I am capable of self-camouflage, flight, easy escape, as well as some more offensive capabilities, such as spitting blood out of his eyes, dangerous saliva due to the bacteria levels in it, and I'm even venomous.

or perphas this

quote:

"So, MagicMan, you see, we're trying to find SummonerMan, and we think that you would be able to help us more than anyone else to find him, barring himself," LeaderMan had stated, he was good at this, I could tell.

I think those are all, not sure on the last one thought
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/27/2012 0:25:11   
Razen

Last one is right, but the others were fixed.

Anyways, yeah, so, probably going to start the actual fight scene tomorrow.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> The Universe That Shouldn't Work Comments
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition