Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Platinum +, The Darkest Eve

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> Platinum +, The Darkest Eve
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2012 18:29:20   

Commentary

Table of Contents

~"A Forgotten Record

~"Reawakens-

~"On the Darkest Eve"-

~"Shall we play"-

Ch. 1, "That time of the year again."

< Message edited by 1412. -- 5/28/2012 3:00:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/17/2012 20:20:20   

"That Time of Year Again."

Jake wandered the large living room, turning on the TV and putting in a set of popcorn, hearing his own quiet footsteps as he walked
around the house. He turned on the TV to drown out the echoing silence. His eyes were full of gloom as he turned around and as he looked out of the window,
he saw snow once more. He lamented that he was alone to watch the fantastic view. He gazed at it, the beautiful snow covering the land and buildings, and finally he closed the curtains. He opened up the door to his house walking out and down the snow covered stairway.

"Merry Christmas!" he heard the owner say to him.

"Thanks" he replied without even looking toward the owner, but going towards the payphone instead.

He opened the payphone door and picked up the phone, muttering the numbers as he dialed. "515-9010", he stopped, waiting for the rings, losing a bit of his hope after
each ring. Finally he heard a voice. "Hey Ellis, you'll be back soon, right? Christmas is starting. We've already got snow and everything!" He didn't hear any response,
but he didn't know if it was Ellis not responding or the infamous payphone messing up.

"I'm sorry, but I won't be able to get back yet. You can do Christmas without me right-?" Jake wanted to hang up, he dropped the phone and it lay hanging instead. Right above the floor, dangling.

"That's it, everyone is busy. Christmas alone is not even a Christmas at all!" he said in a voice that showed his sorrow as well as a little anger.

He could hear Ellis saying 'Hello' over and over and decided to pick up the phone once again. "Yeah, I'll be fine, you stay there and take as long as you like." Jake said
trying to mimic a happy tone before hanging up in dismay. He pushed the payphone door open and began his usual route to school.

He came upon his favorite shop and decided to go in. Immediately he noticed the numerous Christmas decorations hanging from the ceiling, and of course Christmas sales. He searched the aisles for presents to give, but didn't see any he liked. So, he decided to just pick up a few cough drops and gum for the day. He went to the salesman and heard "Merry Christmas" once more to which he just put on a little smile. "How's your Christmas coming along? I know you've been looking forward to it all year." The salesman said smiling too as he rung up the items and took Jake's money.

"Perfect" Jake said as the salesman put his stuff in the bag and handed it to him. "Glad to hear it" the salesman said as Jake began to walk to the door. "Just perfect" Jake said angrily as he walked to his next stop.

After only hearing the sounds of his footsteps on the icy cold snow and the sounds of cars passing him by, Jake got tired of it all, as his eye lids lowered sleepily. Trying to keep himself up, last until he gets to see his friend one last time before they shove off on their vacation. He promised he would see them off and eat with them before they left.
The cold suddenly snapped him out of his sleep state, he was freezing cold. He started running in the snow, and sprinted as fast as he could, urging his body to go faster.
He wanted to get away from Christmas, this horrible weather, everything, even if for a few seconds.

Finally, he saw his friend's house, he ran up the stairway, and knocked at their door. He waited for what seemed like forever and knocked again and even tried ringing the doorbell. "They couldn't have left yet!" Jake yelled. His knock turned into a bang on the hard wooden door, but still he heard nothing, no response. He searched for his cell phone in his pockets but didn't find anything. he walked away dismally, running into the snow covered sidewalks.

In the distance, he finally saw his school. No Christmasy lights, nothing new except the snow. He ran to it, nearly out of breath, and every muscle joint in his body begging, screaming for him to stop. Finally, he heard a gunshot and stop in his tracks. As he did, he heard three more shots. Only to see a boy his age with a gun, standing in the school courtyard.

"The witness is destroyed." The strange boy said, turning and then pointing his murderous eyes at Jake. The boy walked closer, reloading his gun, Jake tried running with every fiber of his being, but it was no use. He sprinted to his school with all of his energy, he had no more energy, he was done. Footsteps trailed coming out of the school, and the boy turned back at them. "You got lucky this time." The boy seemed to..just fade.

Jake, confused and out of energy, finally fainted, resting his head on the ground.

< Message edited by 1412. -- 5/28/2012 3:00:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/17/2012 21:51:24   

"Decision Making"

Jake woke up in his own home, surrounded by two people, one in a labcoat, and one in a suit. Jake wants to demand what is going on,
he wants to yell at them to get out, but instead shuts his mouth out of some sort of fear he can't describe. Something is really ominous about these guys.
The one in the labcoat has a sort of ivey league haircut with glasses, 'a classic scientist look'. He wore a black shirt with his labcoat that had a strange emblem on it.
But what was even weirder, the scientist is holding what seems to be a metal plate. Even more puzzling is that the same emblem is on the plate.

The one in the suit, has a black suit on with a red tie. He also has a speaker piece and is staring at Jake, but Jake mistakes the stare for an awfully intimidating glare.
Definitely FBI. Finally Jake recalls that moment, when he was insanely close to getting killed by that boy. They must be investigating what happened!

Jake started "Alright, all I remember from that day is that this boy-"

"We already know about the incident, we know who was going to shoot you." the FBI man said interrupting Jake.

"Then why aren't you out there taking him down, that's your job isn't it?" Jake said.

"Its far out of our control to do so. ...But..not out of yours." the scientist said.

The scientist lifted up the strange plate. "You will be hunted; you will be hunted like an animal by this man. Unless, you hunt him. Do you think you could do such a thing?"
The scientist said adjusting his glasses. Jake questioned himself, and then the scientist. Hunt him? Why me? Aren't there police for that!?
"Why would I hunt him. Do it yourself! Isn't that your job?" Jake said

The scientist put down the plate. "The one hunting you is a demon. The FBI branch has been fully aware of demons and are now working on combating them. However, there is an alternate world. A world where only demons exist. They hired scientists to devise a way to stop that, to destroy the demons. And we've found a way..." The scientist stopped, picking up the plate and turning it to Jake. Jake seeing his own reflection, his scared and gripped face in the mirror. "By turning the victims of demon attacks into demon soldiers to combat them. Artificial Demon Genes."

Jake grimaced. "This is a joke! My friend hired you to scare me didn't he? Get out. I'm on to your game." Jake said trying to fake confidence.

"This is no game, and if you don't get help soon, you will be killed." The scientist said.

"Yeah right, we're done here." Jake said tired of them, tired of everything. The scientist left giving Jake his card, and the FBI man left behind him. Jake sat down on the couch and ran his fingers through his hair. Confused about this whole thing. He suddenly felt...like someone was watching him. Jake ignored it though, convinced that those people were just in costumes and played a role.

He turned on the TV to get his mind off of everything. The scientist and the agent, they were all a hoax! They had to be. "Demons don't exist, they are a fairytale." Jake, still angry at himself for lingering on the topic, turned the volume up on the TV. He ran into another Christmas sale from a new store that he thought was perfect! He hadn't had time to do his Christmas shopping anyway, he went to his room and grabbed his wallet. Approaching the door, he stopped. "Can I really die if I go out there?" Jake said. "I..I can't, I won't give in to little pranks." he opened the door and shut it behind him, rushing off to his bus stop. After about ten minutes of walking through 3 inches of snow, he managed to get to the bus stop. Apparently there was a crowd for the bus too. 'I guess a lot of people have to do Christmas shopping.'

Finally the bus came, but as it did, Jake felt a push and was suddenly stumbling into the road. He turned and saw the bus so close to him he almost knew it was going to run him over. Someone pulled him out of the road before he could get run over, and the bus driver managed to finally stop after running over the spot that Jake was on. Jake looked around for who could have pushed him, but it just seemed like no one was close enough. "Who pushed me?" Jake asked angrily

The boy who saved him finally spoke "No one did, you just stumbled in front of it. We all saw it." The boy had a brown hair and an Ivy League hair cut, wearing a student uniform and looked at Jake with honest eyes. "Well, thanks. You saved my life there." Jake said. 'No, I couldn't have just stumbled, that was a push! Even if I had stumbled, there's no way I could have stumbled that far, I was just on the sidewalk with everyone else. I may have been slightly ahead of them, but not that far!'

"Lets all just get onto the bus." Jake said in slight bewilderment, trying to hide his emotion. I swear, I feel like I'm wearing a mask sometimes. Jake walked up the stairs and sat in the middle, looking out of the windows, still trying to figure out what could've happened. After a little while, they arrived at the store.

Jake got out and saw what he thought was shopping heaven, he could finally find a gift for Ellis and his friend that tried to prank him! Jake went across the
aisles looking for presents, but still couldn't find the exact present he wanted to give Ellis. He figured he'd give his friend a basketball or a new videogame or something.
He grabbed the basketball and decided he'd look elsewhere for his gift for Ellis. 'I want it to be special.' Jake went to the cashier and gave him the money for the basketball.

"I can't wait to beat my friend at basketball after Christmas is over. Saving his humiliation for after the holidays is my extra gift to him!" Jake loved to brag, even knowing that his friend's skills exceeded his in basketball The cashier chuckled and rung the basketball up and put it in a bag. Jake started walking to the next bus stop but as he did he heard another gunshot fired off in the distance, Jake started running with all his energy. His ankle felt sprained, and he still didn't have much energy from the day before. But he tried to give it just another sprint, to save his life. He managed to get behind a building, and took cover, heavily breathing. But as he stopped, the window beside him cracked, as if shot by a bullet. But he didn't hear a gunshot. Jake retreated into the building, a beauty shop at which Jake would ordinarily groan at being in, but right now it was his safe haven.

Jake looked for a phone and found one beside the entrance and took out the number card that the scientist gave him earlier. Ring, Ring, Ring the phone started.
"Pick up, Pick up, Pick up" Jake said looking back and forth, too scared to look out of the window. The scientist finally picked up.

"Convinced we aren't just actors now?" The scientist said in a mocking tone.

"The Demon is after me! I need help! Right Now!" Jake screamed.

"Where are you?" The scientist answered. "Um..I don't know, its some beauty shop near that new store that started up." Jake said.

"I wish I had more information to go on, but anyway, find an exit and make your way home! Don't risk staying in the same spot, the demon WILL get you."

Jake searched for an exit and found one which led directly outside of the shop. He made his way lurking behind buildings, but still heard gun shots occasionally fired.
As Jake ran he wondered if anyone else was seeing this, there weren't any police, there wasn't any panic from others, just him. 'Am I going crazy?'
Jake thought.

Finally, he reached his house after two hours of jogging. "This thing is really keeping me in shape," Jake said as he walked up the stairway and made his way into his home. The scientist and FBI man were there once again, waiting.

"I thought for sure that the Demon would get me. Guess I'm pretty lucky?" Jake said

"Or the thing ran out of bullets." The FBI man said.

The scientist picked up the plate once more and turned it to face Jake. "Have you decided yet?" The scientist said.

Jake had already really decided, there wasn't a question about it. "Its kill or be killed, right? Then, lets wipe this thing off of earth."

"Good" The scientist said. The emblem lit up, and Jake felt like his body was coming apart, his bones were being twisted, his heart was stopping.
He stopped breathing, it felt like he was underwater, and then he finally saw everything coming apart at the seams. Every wall, every thing in the room breaking.

"It's complete."

< Message edited by 1412. -- 5/28/2012 3:00:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> Platinum +, The Darkest Eve
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition