Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= May 23rd Design Notes - The Mines Open

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 23rd Design Notes - The Mines Open
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/23/2012 16:21:34   
Fay Beeee

quote:

May 23, 2012
The Mines Open

Hey there, EpicDuelists! It’s that time of week again: time for a heaping helping of fresh-baked Design Notes! Yum, yum! Hopefully Nightwraith won’t eat this batch before we’ve got everything down- I’d better get right to it, as he’s gnawing on the corner while I’m typing.

Memorial Day/LQS

In the United States, Memorial Day is celebrated in remembrance of American war dead, and we would like to thank our courageous men and women currently serving and have served to protect us.

To honor all heroes, we are introducing a seasonal Heroic Memorial Achievement, worth 1500 Rating Points that can be picked up from any VendBot.

Beyond that, like many holidays in the US, it has another meaning: the unofficial beginning of summer! Warm, blue skies, beautiful sunshine... so how are we going to spend it? Indoors, in front of a computer, of course! For Memorial Day Weekend only, players will be able to grab the very first level 35 weapon, the Infernal Slayer Sword. Kraggor's people are expert jewelcrafters and miners and have created a weapon of immense power and beauty.

The Infernal Slayer sword is crafted from the finest electrified crystals, forged in magma for beauty and strength. Silas Auer, Legion Administrator and old enemy of the Lawman, has acquired 1500 of these weapons to finance his role in the coming war. Visit this mysterious new character deep within the Infernal Mines to acquire one of these destructive works of art before they're gone forever!

Refinery Rundown

We’ll finally be opening up the Refinery, and introducing new d00ds, and along with that, two alignment-specific quest chains. Players should start at the Infernal Infiltration “Third Officers” (ie. Legion players should start at Nightwraith and Exile players should start at Galatea) for instructions on how to navigate the mine tunnels. Be sure to read the Mission Complete text carefully, as these won’t be easy, and will be filled with riddles. Your ultimate reward will be a blueprint scrap, which eventually will unlock special alignment goodies!

We’ll be looking for ways to avoid even the appearance of “punishing” loyalty, so in the end, if you switch alignment for these specific mission chains, all you’ll end up with is a handful of credits and an extra blueprint scrap you can’t use. So, really, it’s not worth it.

Cappity Cappity

During the war, which will be waged in earnest in the coming weeks, we’ll also be raising the level cap to 35, which should be good news for those at or near level 34. Not there yet? It’s the perfect time to become acquainted with Power Hour (10am and 10pm EST)!

Field Commander +

This week, we will be giving Mercenaries a small buff in the form of an upgraded version of Field Commander, Blood Commander, which will add a small % of life steal along with the strength buff. This new skill will not stack with normal Field Commander or Blood Lust. Tactical Mercenaries will retain Field Commander unchanged.

EpicDuel Artists Livestream

As we typically do once a month, on Sunday May 27th at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time, the EpicDuel developers will be hosting a livestream on the EpicDuel Artists Livestream channel. This will be a great opportunity to ask your burning questions about the upcoming war event! Last time I’m pretty sure we almost broke Livestream... can we do it again? Not sure what could possibly top the Derp Owl, but we’ll certainly try!

Question Mark or Comma?

A couple weeks ago, I was in the woods, and I happened to see a really beautiful trio of butterflies. I’d actually never seen this particular kind before, and I was very excited. Until I went to identify them: the butterflies I saw could be members of one of two similar, related species the Question Mark and the Eastern Comma.

Both butterflies are members of the family Nymphialidae, which means that their front legs are reduced, giving them the appearance of only having four legs, and puts them in the same family as the charismatic Monarch butterfly. The main difference between the two, from what I could find, is that the Question Mark (Polygonia interrogationis) and the Eastern Comma (Polygonia comma) is that the former is slightly redder. I do, however, believe this to be a Question Mark. Both species are kind of unique as the adults are not nectar feeders, but eat mineralized water, tree sap, or carrion.

Tags: Cinderella Memorial Day balance Summer Infernal Infiltration War Sword LTS livestream Missions

Tagged and formatted.
Updated ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 5/25/2012 16:11:25 >
Epic  Post #: 1
5/23/2012 16:28:08   
Calogero

quote:

Field Commander +
This week, we will be giving Mercenaries a small buff in the form of an upgraded version of Field Commander, which will add a small % of life steal along with the strength buff. This new skill will not stack with normal Field Commander or Blood Lust. Tactical Mercenaries will retain Field Commander unchanged.

I hope this new skill only affects attacks and not skills like Bunker Buster or Surgical Strike ( If that happens then I want Bloodlust to stack with SuperCharge lol )

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/23/2012 16:30:54   
BlueKatz

quote:

Field Commander +
This week, we will be giving Mercenaries a small buff in the form of an upgraded version of Field Commander, which will add a small % of life steal along with the strength buff. This new skill will not stack with normal Field Commander or Blood Lust. Tactical Mercenaries will retain Field Commander unchanged.

wth I think TLM should totally get the buff for FC as well and nerf other skills of their. TLM is the most BORING class now with ridiculous Ultimate tank build or Poison build. Just nerf other skills of their
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/23/2012 16:37:24   
fightR

B-but i just got to level 34 D: well i guess its time for more power hour grinding, Once finals are over Hello Epic duel!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/23/2012 16:38:56   
Stabilis

Level cap, +35 damage weapons, +10 armours, more skills on the skill trees in the not so distant future? 34 acquired skill points + 3 standard skill points = 37 skill points, so almost 4 skills can be maxed out now. Another set of 3 or 4 skills? Please?
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
5/23/2012 16:40:03   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@blukatz No. TLMs aren't the ones who are UPd at the moment and no, the entertainment you get from playing a class doesn't mean it's UPd or OPd.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/23/2012 16:42:10   
rej

quote:

Cappity Cappity

During the war, which will be waged in earnest in the coming weeks, we’ll also be raising the level cap to 35, which should be good news for those at or near level 34. Not there yet? It’s the perfect time to become acquainted with Power Hour (10am and 10pm EST)

Oh boy, here we go again.
*Hopes that the new sword will have insanely good stats.*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/23/2012 16:44:16   
King Helios

Sword, not club/staff/wrist blades?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/23/2012 16:44:38   
Mortarion

Wiat Nightwraith is now Legion? Or they madea typo and htey meant Negawraith?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/23/2012 16:46:57   
liy010

Hey, great. How much Varium is this sword going to cost...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/23/2012 16:52:39   
DestruRaGe

Sword? okey.. I just gonna wait for other war weapons. Hope they come soon!
Epic  Post #: 11
5/23/2012 17:01:51   
  RabbleFroth

There will also be some changes made to First Strike calculations so that Support has a much higher impact on who goes first in a battle than before.
Being a lower level will also give you an advantage, but will not guarantee you will go first if the higher level player has built heavily into Support.

Also changing up who can go first in Juggernaut battles. Only the Juggernaut or the top-left player will be able to go first, so that the Juggernaut will never go third. Since the Juggernaut is always the highest level, the other team will generally have a better chance of going first. The Juggernaut can counteract this by building more Support.
Post #: 12
5/23/2012 17:08:56   
ScarletReaper

I just made 34 last night!! Danggit!!! lol jk. I'm glad. And I HAVE to get that Sword!!!!! Can't wait!!

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/23/2012 17:11:09   
Basicball

@Mortarion: nope, Nightwraith isn't a typo.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/23/2012 17:28:21   
Whirlwindstorm2

Release seems promising! Can't wait! :D
Post #: 15
5/23/2012 17:36:37   
liy010

Can one of the new mods tell me if the sword is physical or energy :3

If undecided then I vote physical since the first +35 Gun was energy...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/23/2012 17:36:42   
Stabilis

What I'm going to do:

wait until the infernal set is released in the promotional packages, THEN purchase the sword.

Downside: No achievement.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
5/23/2012 17:37:23   
Hun Kingq

"This new skill will not stack with normal Field Commander or Blood Lust. Tactical Mercenaries will retain Field Commander unchanged."

So is the merc class getting Blood lust as well?

On the cost of the sword how much will it be and will us Veterans get a discount?
Epic  Post #: 18
5/23/2012 17:43:57   
  Charfade

@ Depressed Void Just to clarify, the sword will not come in any promo packages. The achievement is only available if you get it with the sword this weekend.

Also the price of the sword is not known yet to even me, still figuring out the stats of it and such.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 5/23/2012 17:45:48 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 19
5/23/2012 17:45:35   
Stabilis

I understand, I meant that I will retrieve the sword when the infernal set is in the promotions so that I get both at the same time.

Thank you for trying to help though.

(if I do not get the sword this weekend then I do not receive the achievement)

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 5/23/2012 17:46:50 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
5/23/2012 17:45:52   
DeathGuard

@Charfade: The sword will be credit only or credits and varium?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/23/2012 17:50:07   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Hun- mercenaries can cast field commander on their partner in 2v2.

also- Nightwraith was not a typo. Legion players will start at Nightwraith and Exile players will start at Galatea.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 5/23/2012 17:54:51 >
Post #: 22
5/23/2012 17:52:09   
  Charfade

quote:

ORIGINAL: Depressed Void

I understand, I meant that I will retrieve the sword when the infernal set is in the promotions so that I get both at the same time.

Thank you for trying to help though.

@ Depressed Void hmm, just to make sure were on the same page, cause I may not be reading this right from you. If I'm wrong I apologize. But the "infernal set" promo will not have the sword included. We have another item planned for it. The infernal sword will only be made available in game as a LQS item.
MQ Epic  Post #: 23
5/23/2012 17:59:25   
Hun Kingq

Cinderella, just was wondering because everyone always wants to refer to 1vs1 only. In 2vs2 when tey put field commander on me all it looks like a big yellow attack me please sign because I get attacked over and over again when they do it.

So will it get a new name to make sure the tact mercs field commander don't get the change as well?
Epic  Post #: 24
5/23/2012 18:02:15   
  Charfade

Also just restocked Charfade's shop! Bikes, swords, armors and more!!!
MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= May 23rd Design Notes - The Mines Open
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition