Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Changes to Creative Art

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> The Lounge >> RE: Changes to Creative Art
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/6/2012 12:43:34   
Smalls

This is a concern I've already voiced with you, Super, in IRC earlier but for the whole image gallery thing it's easy to say that for tagger's it's fine.
However the issue comes in with people who do things like hand drawn pictures (not necessarily traditional, but photoshop and any other type there is). The image files can get huge and it's near impossible to have a reasonable thread that people can easily browse through. Then there's also swf files which you just can't do an image thing for.
An image gallery is nice for taggers but for others it's much harder to do it.
DF  Post #: 26
6/6/2012 12:57:57   
superjars

I will need to ponder a little about where collaborative galleries should go, but they are definitely something I would promote having.

In terms of the three separate galleries, ones which are related to AE will be in the AE Works, ones related to anime or video games will be in the Anime/Video Games Works and everything else will go in Other Works.

Image Galleries are the goal, and from what I've looked through in people's threads, most people will have no problems with them. For those who do, I am open to ways in which to organize the threads that will make them more like image galleries and I will do some brainstorming of my own. Off the top of my head, creating thumbnails (someone can write a guide to that and we can post it in the galleries stickies) and linking those to the major files would be a fantastic solution.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/6/2012 16:16:24   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

joint galleries is one thing i really missed once the old change hit
back in 08-09, they were huge, and really brought us all together
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
6/7/2012 2:55:24   
Desron_7

I really do like the idea of "sorting" galleries based off their content, but I feel like if you divide them up so much like this it makes the Commentary and Critique problematic. I enjoyed the old format where you could critique within the same thread as the gallery itself. While I understand that changes were necessary at the time, I think that critique should be put back within the galleries, so users don't need to be searching through multiple sections and forums. If not that, consider putting them as an Art Gallery subforum, rather than in the Cafe. It just seems a little bit too spread out.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
6/8/2012 1:41:59   
lordkaho
Creative!

I'm not really that affected since most of my content only fit to one genre. Anyway, imo the olden days where galleries and commentaries were on one thread made everything messy and unorganized. With the gallery placed in a multi post thread, I can segregate my art works better.
DF MQ  Post #: 30
6/9/2012 1:26:33   
Winged_Destiny

Wow, I took a break off of this forum and I come back to a reformed CA board.
In my honest opinion, the only flaw, that I see, in this reformation is "The Gallery" section. If the purpose was to divide the section into different boards to display different types of art; instead of going by "inspiration", it's best to split that section into "types of art".
For example,
"Signatures/Taggers" - The place for all the digital artists who specialize in making signatures or tags
"Traditional Art" - The place for all artists who specialize in hand-drawn artworks or traditional wet paint brushing.
"Flash Art" - The place for all artists who specialize in making artwork in Adobe Flash. Be it just vectorized art or animated art.
"Digital Design Art" - The place for all digital designers, such as a website designer, graphics artist (unrelated to signatures), or a typography artist, and any other type of digital art not listed.

I think those examples are best suited for splitting the gallery up into specific types of art. If we're just going by inspiration, then you'll see various types of art in one gallery and there are those who have completely no clue on that specific art to even give any specific comments or criticisms. Then again, you also have those who are against segregation.
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> The Lounge >> RE: Changes to Creative Art
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition