Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why Do You Play EpicDuel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why Do You Play EpicDuel?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/7/2012 20:12:55   
King Helios

What motivates you to play EpicDuel instead of any other game? Huge sums of money spent? Fun? Other reason?

For me, it is fun + strategy involved (I'm not a CH or STR Abuser).
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/7/2012 20:18:48   
Stabilis

quote:

Huge sums of money spent?

OK you got me, I may as well try to enjoy my investment made here. Understaffed. I log in to play for levels especially, and PVP equipment or class updates. Understaffed.

Yeah just throwing that word out there. But seriously, Cinderella or Rabblefroth do you find the workload for weekly updates very stressing for yourself or coworkers?
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/7/2012 20:38:40   
drinde

Too much time invested in it to leave suddenly.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 3
6/7/2012 20:41:05   
liy010

quote:

Too much time and a bit of money invested in it to leave suddenly.

My reason.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/7/2012 20:45:34   
Joe10112

Good question.

I guess it's because...um...I don't know.

Maybe it's because it's out of habit that I type epicduel.artix.com/play-now into my browser every so often?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/7/2012 20:48:25   
Angels Holocaust

Most of the people who are still playing have invested over 600 dollars onto this game. Leaving would be nice but we would have to dump time and money onto a new game.
Post #: 6
6/7/2012 20:51:23   
King Helios

^I've invested about $105. Bu then again, I'm not a "hardcore gamer", and only level 32.

< Message edited by Duel Domination -- 6/7/2012 20:52:17 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/7/2012 23:03:40   
Midnightsoul

ED is somewhat interesting, but pretty much, it is fun PvPing

Otherwise...it's because I've invested too much already...

-Midnightsoul
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/8/2012 1:07:08   
Minus123

Spent too much time on here, so ya... doesn't feel right to leave.
Post #: 9
6/8/2012 6:22:02   
Mr.Blank

I have 3 simple reasons: Weapons and armors, strategies and character customisation. Now, since I'm a credit player and we've not been given any new items I've been rather inactive. Varium players however, keep getting new items and this leaves me fewer and fewer builds to maneuver. The last few months have been depressing for me due to the fact that I've been unable fulfill any of these three conditions. I just wish that we credit players finally get something new today.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/8/2012 6:25:12   
gangster a

cause its fun end of .
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/8/2012 18:13:47   
Power Of The Chosen

I play it because i wanna be good without spending any real life money on the game (and because i like the concept of the game). I honestly wanted to quit a long time ago because of how many times ive been losing against people who have spent money on the game but that didnt really stop me, i came back after months of not playing then finally found a decent build, i feel like im getting closer and closer...
AQ MQ  Post #: 12
6/8/2012 21:29:30   
rajkumar

Just its fun to play epic duel and cant just quit it. I have wasted many years here ^_^ So no matter of quitting it anyhow :-P
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/8/2012 22:08:03   
midnight santa

i dont fun in ED anymor...
becuz to win, u need buy best barium wepon and change class and copy build, its not fun now.
Epic  Post #: 14
6/10/2012 11:57:48   
Rui.
Banned

used to play for fun. Now the game is screwd with a bunch of kids whining and crying and pointless updates.
Post #: 15
6/10/2012 12:05:00   
Guppy

Sometimes it's not fun with all the illiterate people who I can't even understand and those who complain about people whining. See where i'm going with this?

I've also put money into the game, and enjoy coming up with new builds, and I like to see what they come up with as updates.

< Message edited by Suika Ibuki -- 6/10/2012 12:08:20 >
Post #: 16
6/10/2012 13:19:52   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Hope.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/10/2012 18:31:17   
rej

quote:

Huge sums of money spent?

Sadly enough, this is by far my largest reason for playing.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/10/2012 18:34:34   
Guppy

quote:

largest reason for playing

Yep, me too. I can't resist those new Varium Packages. Must have rares...
Post #: 19
6/10/2012 18:51:25   
Lord Nub

I'm not really sure anymore to be honest. I think it's because I use to really enjoy this game when I first started and I pretty much grew up with Artix Entertainment games. At this point it is simply an addiction that must be fed as I wean myself off before quitting completely because I just don't see Epicduel ever getting bigger than it currently is.

Hopefully I can feed my AE addiction with AQ3D or Oversoul. Really enjoy card games and really excited for that project. Hopefully they announce an Alpha phase or something soon other than just Summer 2012.....soon it will be fall lol.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/10/2012 18:59:13   
ScarletReaper

Well, I been playing since beta, plus I've spent a couple hundred on perty weapons Also I'd rather play for free and spend the occasional 50 bucks than spend the 15bucks Every month to play WOW.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/10/2012 19:04:03   
PD

quote:

Most of the people who are still playing have invested over 600 dollars onto this game. Leaving would be nice but we would have to dump time and money onto a new game.

I found it very easy to leave despite spending a large amount of money on Epicduel. No amount of money could've kept me playing. I just stopped playing because I just found Epicduel to be that despicable after a while.
Post #: 22
6/11/2012 3:06:15   
ReconnaisX

Only 120 dollars spent on ED- I see it's a lot less than some other people here. I just like the fact that it actually requires strategy. And that I am a beta player.

< Message edited by ReconnaisX -- 6/11/2012 3:07:15 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/12/2012 9:02:10   
MrBones

Well, Ed is a great little game. It is very addictive in many ways.

First, you have all the different gear to buy and collect. Then, the level cap to try to reach, and when you finally get to it, it goes up another notch. You also get to play for personnal achievement and try to reach a new rank or win a daily cheevo.

Collecting cheevos is also another incintive. You get to make friends and chat for a while between battles. Despite what people say, the community is not that bad.

There is 4 different battle modes: 1vs1, 2vs2, 2 vs1 (pvp) and 2vs1 (boss). You can also do plenty of fun missions.

So there is quite alot to do.
The key, for me, is to play on a regular basis in short burst so I don't get bored. A couple hours here and there.. Play every updates, do all missions, make some wins, chat with friends then off to real life.

Just remember this is all for fun. Live your real life FIRST.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 24
6/12/2012 9:05:22   
PivotalDisorder

I play Epicduel in the hope they will actually make a genuine attempt to fix balance. not sure I can think of a positive reason, sorry
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why Do You Play EpicDuel?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition