Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blood for Blood. (DF) Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> Blood for Blood. (DF) Discussion
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2012 8:16:16   
Riprose123

>>Links<<

This is my version of the APR backstory. This was not meant to insult or in anyway degrade Stephen Nix's version, I just felt it did not accurately the clan I had joined and spent the last year with. I hope you enjoy it, and any critique, criticism, or comments are appreciated.
DF MQ  Post #: 1
6/8/2012 8:39:47   
Glais

quote:

A Deathknight, and unknown to him soon to be Dragonlord, Bustechia Reki. A hero of his time

DRAT, THE ENDING HATH BEEN SPOILED.

That aside, I was a little hesitant once I saw it was a Clan backstory, as Clans always seemed to fit oddly with a serious DF setting, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. And I am glad I did! You made it actually feel like it fit in perfectly to Lore. And I like the idea of this Stelios the half-Troll, that's something I'd not encountered before, plus I...don't know Stelios so I couldn't have known this. Quite interesting indeed.

I do however, feel the ending was kinda sudden. Reki kinda jumps to the conclusion that they should just...form a large group.

I assume you'll be writing how they form this then, as they're pretty poor now, living in a shack and all.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 6/8/2012 8:46:31 >
DF MQ  Post #: 2
6/11/2012 22:46:09   
Riprose123

Oh trust me Glasaurus, that is far from the ending. And if you check the newest midget post of mine, I've begun spelling out how each member was recruited. I'll be getting into more detail of events and such later, but I'm going to get some people in here before that happens.

Anyways, next part is up.
DF MQ  Post #: 3
6/11/2012 23:22:25   
Mortarion

*hisses from the shadows* I'll be looking at this carefully, good luck with it *dissapears in the shadows in spider-esque sounds*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/12/2012 0:35:47   
Glais

quote:

Oh trust me Glasaurus, that is far from the ending.

Well I just meant it kinda spoiled part of Reki's story, which I've been following with great interest.

Will try to read the new part soon then edit this post with opinions.
DF MQ  Post #: 5
6/12/2012 8:07:32   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

It all started on the fifth month of the eleventh year. Three people met in a small cabin halfway between Falconreach and Valderouche. A Deathknight, and unknown to him soon to be Dragonlord, Bustechia Reki. A hero of his time, his sword was almost as sharp as his tongue. He had temper that would melt the glacier of Dragsvard, and often found himself gripping a blade against evil.

Verteroche? Dragesvard

quote:

Stelios would turn out to be one of the greatest phoenixs ever to grace this clan.

phoenixes

quote:

MAgic is a powerful thing, and magic that powerful must hve been hardwired into the creature’s DNA

Magic, have

I like the story, but I couldn't help but feel amused when you mentioned a "dying phoenix" only to hear a claim that its blood would make people immortal a short while after. I can understand Riprose's sentiment.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
6/12/2012 11:48:44   
Riprose123

Thanks for the editing DD, I always appreciate it when someone tells me when I make a mistake. If only my editor had more free time. >.>

I'll probably post more this afternoon/nightish, depending if I can stop procrastinating.
DF MQ  Post #: 7
6/12/2012 12:01:56   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hey Rip,
Decided to drop by.

The story appears interesting so far.
It tells me of our origins.

I have a question, will you be posting only the origins or APR as it is now andas itwill be.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
6/12/2012 12:42:11   
Riprose123

quote:

I have a question, will you be posting only the origins or APR as it is now andas it will be.

I'll probably keep this as up to date as possible, I'm just trying to get there now.
DF MQ  Post #: 9
6/17/2012 17:15:14   
Glais

quote:

plus two flaming burst ghost touch great sword of speed

Oh mang xP I can't help but feel this is SOOOO out of place but at the same time it's barely ridiculous enough that I like it.

Cursed One seems like he could be fun.

Anyhow, I like that you worked to make all the various Characters in the Clan fit with the DF World. I notice whenever Clans are usually mentioned they feel out of place and too...non-canon.
DF MQ  Post #: 10
6/17/2012 20:56:07   
Riprose123

SOMEONE FINALLY BROUGHT THAT UP!

It is ridiculous. It's a poke at my friend Titan. A little D&D mention. He hated the MMO that spawned off the table top RPG, so I'm poking fun by giving his character a long and overly complicated weapon. :3
DF MQ  Post #: 11
6/19/2012 6:01:21   
Glais

Ridiculous indeed.

I still wonder why Reki randomly decided "We need a team" though. That's pretty Axe Cop.
DF MQ  Post #: 12
6/24/2012 22:49:31   
Riprose123

I finally updated this. I was getting worried, I was busy. So, anyway, it's up, hope you like it and what not.
DF MQ  Post #: 13
6/24/2012 23:09:41   
Glais

Not bad, though Oddball in general just feels off. Mainly because that's his actual RP name apparently, and thus just feels out of place.

Odd, why do you at first say there was nothing soectacular about Morgan's joining when it was by far the most interesting of circumstances?
DF MQ  Post #: 14
6/24/2012 23:43:58   
Riprose123

Damn, I did write that didn't I? *Goes to fix*

The thing is, I had everyone submit a form I typed out for this project, and Odd just put "Oddball" down. So, that's what I used. And I can't really yell at him right now, so yeah...

Next part is up, I'm on a roll tonight!
DF MQ  Post #: 15
6/24/2012 23:45:15   
Glais

Well yeah, it is his character after all.

Also, for some reason it kinda bugs me that you didn't say you mixed the Pheonix blood with Morgan, even though it is heavily pointed out later.

Guess I'll edit this with feedback later.
DF MQ  Post #: 16
6/25/2012 0:19:52   
Riprose123

Eh, I felt it was one of those things that was so blatantly obvious that it wouldn't need explaining.
DF MQ  Post #: 17
6/25/2012 0:42:15   
Glais

Exactly. Which is why I don't know why it bugs me so much xD it makes no sense.
DF MQ  Post #: 18
6/25/2012 10:03:06   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

and it smelt like the fire of a dragon.

smelled

quote:

heal his wounds with the runes I had known at the time.

knew

quote:

I spent a few long hours as he lay asleep studying the marking on his arms.

markings (plural, right?)

quote:

Next what the lycanthrope, Shadows Morgenstern.

was

quote:

Though most of the Dravir at the time were in Willowshire, fighting the guardians and heros.

heroes Hahaha, that's what you think.

quote:

he ate hungrily

He

A demigod, a lycan and a runemage sitting in their cabin when ....
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 19
6/25/2012 10:14:41   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hmmm...

Hey Rip,

Your story reminded me, I need to start with my own project.

APR-Dark, remember?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
6/25/2012 12:08:16   
Riprose123

quote:

A demigod, a lycan and a runemage sitting in their cabin when ....

I'm trying to figure out if that's a reference or something. >.>

quote:

Hey Rip,

Your story reminded me, I need to start with my own project.

APR-Dark, remember?

I honestly thought you killed that. ._.
DF MQ  Post #: 21
6/25/2012 12:14:12   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Rip, lemme help you.

Why does thay reference remind me of the story, " The Werewolf and the Vampire"?

And no, how could I kill that project?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
6/30/2012 13:31:56   
Riate

Oh god Rip, I am in love with your story.

Odd's a demi-god? As if I didn't have enough reasons to be terrified of him ._.
AQ DF  Post #: 23
6/30/2012 17:39:30   
TitanDragonLord

quote:

plus two flaming burst ghost touch great sword of speed

I'm totally gonna kill you one day rip
keep up the good work bro!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/9/2012 13:48:30   
Riprose123

Kay, finally got around to updating this. New part is up, hope you all like it
DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> Blood for Blood. (DF) Discussion
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition