Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Character Deletion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Character Deletion
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2012 16:36:29   
Westwycke

How about implementing a time-delay system?
If you want to delete a character, you go to the "Delete Character" screen and mark it for deletion.
It gets marked for deletion 30 days from then.

Whenever you log in and get to the character selection screen, any character that has been marked for deletion would have a little notice that says something like "This character is due to be deleted in X days".

If you go to the "Delete Character" screen when one or more of your characters are marked for deletion, you can unmark it right there and that takes place immediately.

This means that if your account gets scammed/hacked, you will have 30 days to discover it and get it cleared up before losing a character. While it might be annoying for the true account owners to have to wait 30 days to get rid of unwanted characters, and it would not be an absolute solution to account scamming, it would still be better than what is currently available, i. e. nothing.

The actual number of days could be some different number, possibly even on a sliding scale depending on character level and varium/non-varium. Deleting a level 4 non-varium character need not necessarily require the same wait time as deleting a level 34 full varium character.
MQ Epic  Post #: 26
6/15/2012 8:04:25   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Trans: I understand that, the main issue I feel is that it still isn't completely secure, because if a player who has not been sent the PIN yet got scammed, the player who scammed them could simply change their email and get the PIN. If then the player got their account back, they no longer can delete characters themselves, and they'll have their character's deleted by the scammer. Creating a system that allowed people to recover PIN's, or for people to go to the Help Team to get their PIN, would be even more work, and cause a lot of hassle.

@Westwycke: That is actually a very good suggestion, and it actually would work for the most part. It's something we would have to discuss as a team, and of course, if decided to go ahead with it, it would require quite a lot of work, so may be a while until implementation, though that would be the case for any ideas around this subject.

Thank you all for your input and ideas, since a lot of them are very useful, feel free to continue with them, if you have any more.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/15/2012 8:15:37   
BlueKatz

Is it possible to have some kind of in game Inbox? Not only it warning in game, but also in your Email and require like 2-3 confirmation (from in game, Email and maybe portal site, forum etc...) and it will be delayed by 30 days or something

At that rate, stealing an account seems even easier than deleting for trolling purpose
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Character Deletion
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition