Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Challenge of the Elemental Lords

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> Challenge of the Elemental Lords
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/13/2012 23:12:57   
superjars

In honor of the Elemental Championships, currently going on in the Role Players forum, the first special event will be a group shot of the Elemental Lords as they array themselves to view the Elemental Championships.

Submissions can be submitted directly in your post as long as they do not break the rules of image posting within The Gallery, and they will be accepted until the end of the Elemental Championships.

The winner of this will have input on designing the winning Elemental Lord's Arena for next year's EC and the artwork will be used in the main 2013 EC threads. Possibly something else as well, but that will remain a secret for now.

Check out this year and previous year's EC's and draw inspiration from them to come up with a fantastic piece of art that represents the EC.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/14/2012 15:41:08   
Dabbleh

kk
AQ  Post #: 2
6/25/2012 8:07:46   
drDOT

Sounds interesting, but do you think we could get some more information on this?
As far as I can see from the thread you linked there are contestants for each element I can think of, so an Elemental Lord for each one should be made. Although I was wondering, is there any place (like previous years' threads) where we could get a better grasp of how the Lords should look like? Or even how the place they are in look like? I'm just making sure if there are any guidelines or I can add anything that I feel it fits.

Thank you.
AQW  Post #: 3
6/25/2012 13:50:24   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

i still can't quite find a list of each element
could you help? :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
6/25/2012 16:09:51   
drDOT

That link superjars has in the first post: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20354900

If you look at the bottom of the first post there is a list of the contestants and their element of choice alongside a list with the elements and the number of contestants for each one.
AQW  Post #: 5
6/25/2012 18:57:42   
Mirai

Utterly chuffed that you folks are doing this.

In answer to drDOT's query about whether there's anywhere you can get a grasp of what the Elemental Lords look like- traditionally most characters who reach the finals get to briefly meet their patron Elemental Lord, so you can get a flavour of how they've been variously described at the beginnings of most Finals threads (e.g. EC 2011, EC 2010, EC 2009, EC 2008).

Naturally, different role-players have had slightly different takes on how the Elemental Lords appear, although there are some themes (and the idea that godlike beings shift in appearance from year-to-year doesn't seem to far fetched anyway). Hope that helps!
AQ  Post #: 6
6/25/2012 22:34:52   
superjars

Thanks, Mirai, for adding that information. To supplement what she has said:

Elements for EC:
Fire, Water, Earth, Energy, Earth, Ice, Light, Dark

The EC has always been tied with a very AQ version of Lore, and so the Elemental Lords would retain a very AQ style look, from their iterations there. What Mirai linked is the Finals Arena, which also gives you an idea of where they are. They would be in a gallery above this arena.

But really, there are no hard and fast guidelines for this. The great thing about art is that it is an expression of whatever you have in your mind and the only limit is your own creativity. If you have any more questions, keep them coming.

< Message edited by superjars -- 6/25/2012 22:36:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> Challenge of the Elemental Lords
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition