Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Default Weapons As You Level

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Default Weapons As You Level
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/15/2012 0:04:50   
Mr. Black OP

By this I mean as you level up you will be given weapons, armor, and bots that will be significantly weaker than the weapons at your level.
Pros:
2v2 will be more balanced since your partner will at least have a weapon.
It allows lower levels to save up credits easier since they won't be constantly upgrading their weapons.
It gives lower levels a chance since a weak sidearm, auxiliary, armor etc is better than none.
Epic  Post #: 1
6/15/2012 8:59:30   
King Helios

How much weaker? -5, -10 levels?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/15/2012 9:03:39   
i like bounty hunter

Support

Please Add This Feature

Post edited. Please don't spam. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 6/15/2012 9:08:29 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/15/2012 21:53:15   
codenamespartan117

Support, i fell bad for the dudes that lose all the time and have barley any weps, i think -5 levels would be enough ( can't be sold for creds )
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/15/2012 22:32:12   
Mr. Black OP

A lv 25 default could be something like:
24 Damage
+3 all stats
But they will have no enhancement slots.

A lv 25 default armor could be like:
+2 defense and resistance or +3 of one
+1 in every stat but +2 in your class's most useful stat

A lv 25 sidearm:
24 Damage
+2 in every stat

A lv 25 auxiliary
26 Damage
+1 your class's less useful stat, +2 in your class's 2 useful stats

Useful Stats:
TM: Tech and Dex
BM: Strength and Dex
BH: Strength and Tech
CH: Tech and Support
Merc: Strength and Support
TLM: Support and Tech

I get the useful stats based on the amount that skills improve by. I may be wrong though.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 6/15/2012 22:43:41 >
Epic  Post #: 5
6/15/2012 22:59:38   
Guppy

quote:

A lv 25 default could be something like:

The defaults should only go up to like Level 12-17, once you're passed that you should be able to buy your own stuff. Going up to Level 25 with defaults is horrible, you'll have plenty of Credits and maybe even Varium by then to buy some good gear. We don't want to make the game dependent on "freebies", it's about gearing up in your own style. Going passed like Level 17ish with defaults would ruin the point of the game.
Post #: 6
6/15/2012 23:06:15   
Mr. Black OP

^
Well a person using only default weps wouldn't stand a chance in 1v1 vs a person who actually buys weps.
Imagine a 1v1 a lv 25 vs another lv 25, the lv 25 has lv 29 gear, the lv 25 is using the default gear which has the same power or even less than lv 20 gear. He wouldn't stand a chance.
Some of these weps are actually weaker than a lv 20 non varium weapon. There purpose is to help balance 2v2 a bit and make it easier for low levels to save up some credits.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 6/15/2012 23:08:19 >
Epic  Post #: 7
6/15/2012 23:07:51   
Guppy

quote:

Well a person using only default weps wouldn't stand a chance in 1v1 vs a person who actually buys weps.

False argument, no-one who is level 20+ is using default weapons. And if you are, buy some different weapons. You should have enough to buy a new weapon.
Post #: 8
6/15/2012 23:10:00   
drinde

Well, I do support this idea.

But only for default weapons.

Maybe let it be upgraded every 10 LVs?

Each weapon would do around 3 less DMG than the average weapon of it's level, and has less stats, so that people wouldn't just rely on them forever.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 9
6/15/2012 23:10:42   
Mr. Black OP

^
The weapons I actually suggested has either equal or less power than a non varium weapon 5 levels below the player's actual level.
@suika
I'm talking about the default weapon examples I suggested. You would be surprised though, I've seen some upper lv 20's using only a primary and a low level gun.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 6/15/2012 23:11:45 >
Epic  Post #: 10
6/15/2012 23:11:59   
drinde

So, your weapons would be upgraded EVERY Level?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 11
6/15/2012 23:15:01   
Guppy

Upgraded every 2 levels, and only up to level 20. Passed that is seriously un-needed. If they are passed that and using a default, then oh well, they shouldn't be depending on that and buy a new one. They clearly have enough Credits to buy something good by Level 21.
Post #: 12
6/15/2012 23:15:06   
Mr. Black OP

@drinde
No, you would get a new set every 5 levels. This would be to encourage buying weapons because if you a lv 29 with default weapons going against another 29 with his level weapons or higher you will eventually learn that you need to buy weapons. But of course I'm open to ideas.

It also acts kinda like cushion for people who were scammed since they would have at least something if they do manage to get their account back.

It also make juggernaut a bit more fair for lower levels, makes 2v2 more balanced, etc.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 6/16/2012 13:15:23 >
Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Default Weapons As You Level
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition