Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Faction Improvements " Column Today Wins "

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Faction Improvements " Column Today Wins "
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2012 8:15:32   
VIX

Hey I've Got a pretty cool idea i would like to mention it and see if it got supported! , in faction since it's lil bit hard to find out how many wins memebrs are doing a day . why not making a column Called " Today Wins " that reset daily. ( This column shows u how many wins ur members are doing a day on reset it will reset to 0 , and in the end of the day it will show you how many wins ur members have done b4 reset,it's like Example!

EDITED:

GoldSlayer Idea,

ScreenShot : http://i45.tinypic.com/2njg10k.png

My Idea is a bit more work for you guys but i believe it's cool tho i did my best on explaning :P,

ScreenShot Part (1): http://i48.tinypic.com/27www3l.png

ScreenShot part (2): http://i47.tinypic.com/2cej6z4.png

Supported :P?

-VIX

Edited out [image] tags, please simply link the image! ~Lycus

< Message edited by VIX -- 6/20/2012 19:50:28 >
Epic  Post #: 1
6/16/2012 8:18:31   
Sir Nash

Great Idea To Know How Many Wins Your Member Do During The Day.

< Message edited by Sir Nash -- 6/16/2012 8:19:28 >
Post #: 2
6/16/2012 8:43:58   
goldslayer1

yes i have to agree, i like influence and i see that its good.

but active factions need a way to see how active player's are.
a "today's wins" column would be nice that measures the amount of wins a player has done for that day.
and resets during the reset time and starts again daily.

sort of like the "today's leader-board", except for factions. so we can see whos been active.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/16/2012 11:19:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/16/2012 9:13:49   
Z O Y

Great idea vix and yes we have to see how active members are.
Post #: 4
6/16/2012 22:39:50   
Guppy

They're not going to update Faction's again, they just gave us a whole new Faction setup. Just deal with it, if they even do add this, it's going to be awhile.
Post #: 5
6/16/2012 23:59:29   
goldslayer1

@suika
why be so negative?
u would be surprised to see what a community could do if they worked together.

this is a simple update, that probably wont even take days. since its pretty much the same as the "today's leaderboards" only for ur faction's members win counts.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/17/2012 0:00:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/17/2012 6:43:40   
Ranloth
Banned

There's nothing wrong if he doesn't support it, that's our own choice if we like it or not. -.-
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
6/17/2012 7:28:24   
Melissa4Bella
AmeSylph

Just going to remind everyone that feedback on suggestions is great and very welcome, as long as it is done in a courteous and constructive manner.

As plainly stated in the =ED= Suggestion Forum Rules :

quote:

4) Discussion of Suggestions
Be courteous of others' suggestions. If you agree, it is helpful to explain what you like about the suggestion. If you disagree, explain your criticisms kindly. Flaming/insults will not be tolerated.
AQ DF  Post #: 8
6/17/2012 9:51:26   
VIX

Faction Improvements! I added a picture explaining about this idea clearly!

http://i46.tinypic.com/2i9jnrc.png

Hope you like it!
Epic  Post #: 9
6/17/2012 11:56:08   
goldslayer1

@trans
suika says that they probably wont implement it because they just had a faction update. and this one would most likely take a while.

never in his post does he say he doesn't support it.

anyways, good example picture vix.

Removed trolling. --SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 6/20/2012 19:49:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/18/2012 10:31:55   
  RabbleFroth

Hmm, we didn't show any daily stats in that interface because the old system just showed overall wins. That was a misleading number because it didn't show the difference between 1v1, 2v2, etc. We felt that Influence, while it also doesn't break down exactly what they did to earn it, is a more fair assessment of how much they've done for the Faction.

Aside from this, we felt that this would require leaders to look at their Faction's stats right before the reset each day to get anything out of it, and if you missed it, all that data is gone. We assumed that if you REALLY want those numbers you can track what each person's daily Influence is, and could record it at any time you wanted, instead of right before the server's midnight time.

Wasn't this how daily tracking was done before? Why would wins be more useful to know than Influence if every game mode is weighted equally? (These aren't rhetorical, I'm actually curious)
Post #: 11
6/18/2012 12:44:02   
Westwycke

Rather than trying to combine a daily activity monitor with the faction lifetime history display, why not a special screen for founders of the previous day's activity?

The current display screen would get another button/icon for the founder that would toggle between the regular display and the previous day's activity display. The previous day's activity display would show each member and have columns for 1v1, 2v2, Jugg, Total (maybe influence too). It would be loaded each night at reset with the synopsis of that day's activity, and would be available to the founder (&officers?) to monitor daily activity. This should not generate much additional strain on the system since these would be static numbers that are only updated once a day. This way a founder could log in at anytime and see a full days worth of stats, rather than needing to login just before reset every day. And by having it on a separate screen, you can go into more detail than just wins.

< Message edited by Westwycke -- 6/18/2012 14:55:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
6/18/2012 16:06:12   
goldslayer1

quote:

Hmm, we didn't show any daily stats in that interface because the old system just showed overall wins. That was a misleading number because it didn't show the difference between 1v1, 2v2, etc. We felt that Influence, while it also doesn't break down exactly what they did to earn it, is a more fair assessment of how much they've done for the Faction.

Aside from this, we felt that this would require leaders to look at their Faction's stats right before the reset each day to get anything out of it, and if you missed it, all that data is gone. We assumed that if you REALLY want those numbers you can track what each person's daily Influence is, and could record it at any time you wanted, instead of right before the server's midnight time.

Wasn't this how daily tracking was done before? Why would wins be more useful to know than Influence if every game mode is weighted equally? (These aren't rhetorical, I'm actually curious)

well, u can tell someone's wins from influence, but its harder, (specially doing it with 18 members) would be easy and allow all faction members to see the wins.

i have made a couple of suggestions. vix will make a picture showing what i mean.

its a column space, split in 3.

something like this
today
1 | 2 | j

this would show a person's activity for each mode. and wins that they have done for each mode on that day.
allowing faction leaders to see whos been active, and who hasn't.

while the feature is simple, it shouldn't be to hard should it?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/18/2012 16:07:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/18/2012 22:10:48   
VIX

@RabbleFroth: Here is Few Ideas! Explaining about the whole idea!

GoldSlayer Idea,

ScreenShot : http://i45.tinypic.com/2njg10k.png

My Idea is a bit more work for you guys but i believe it's cool tho i did my best on explaning :P,

ScreenShot Part (1): http://i48.tinypic.com/27www3l.png

ScreenShot part (2): http://i47.tinypic.com/2cej6z4.png

-Thanks
-VIX
Epic  Post #: 14
6/19/2012 13:20:08   
Wildfyre

Plus on champs you can see wether you should kick them out for not getting enough wins Graet Idea dude :P
Post #: 15
6/19/2012 16:33:09   
goldslayer1

quote:

Plus on champs you can see wether you should kick them out for not getting enough wins Graet Idea dude :P

i wouldn't kick on inactivity based on 1 day. usually we wait a week to see if continues being inactive. (unless he has reason to be inactive, in which then its fine)

but this idea would help greatly with many uses.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 6/19/2012 19:33:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/20/2012 9:23:51   
VIX

If this idea get implemented i'm sure everyone will be happy cuz with this influence system Activity is useless and seriously it's not fun spending 1 hour calculating how many our members have done wins and we can't find if they playing 1v1 or 2v2 or 2v1 , but with this system we can find and it would make faction system more organized!
Epic  Post #: 17
6/20/2012 13:55:31   
SMGS

Just cleaning this thread out. I want to remind you that 'Supported' are considered spam. This forum is for discussing suggestions. If you choose to say "Supported" or "Not Supported," justify the reasons for it. Why did you [not] support the idea?
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Faction Improvements " Column Today Wins "
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition